• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno owned by Square owned by Sony. I thought the connection was obvious.
If they were owned by Sony, then there would be no SE Nintendo system games coming out, for that, you hold no validity over any part of your argument

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Geno's still an obscure, supporting, third-party character. All three can be argued away individually, but together, they're pretty strong arguments against his inclusion.
Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario are still more likely.
I still say Bomberman should be the third 3rd-party.
Ah, this is prime opening to the old Bomber v. Mega debate. A true battle of the men (Maybe even Pac-Man's involved) Both seem pretty good choices, but which is more likely? Looks like it's time for a status report!

Categories:
Paraphenallia, Nintendocity, Games, and Originality

Paraphenailia: Megaman

Pretty self explanitory. Bomberman may have an array of ice, fire, lightning, and even regular bombs, he just doesn't have the variety of stuff that Megaman has, heck, all of the Blue Bomber's gear could put Batman's utility belt to shame. Plasma blasts, swords, and about a billion diffrent varieties (From 1 to X!) he's got all of the moves.

Nintendocity: Bomberman

Well, Megaman's been in a bijillion (new number invented just to calculate the amount) GBA games, but Bomberman's actually been in a crossover with Nintendo before (Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!) that just begs for a Wario v. Bomberman redeux. That and Hudson hasn't made a Bomberman game that wasn't for Nintendo (I think, unless I missed one)

Games: Megaman

Megaman's games perfected the idea of bosses. (Woodman, anyone?) and the sheer number of fairly decent games squelches Bomberman's sparce few.

Originality: Tie

Some say Megaman would be too much like Samus and bombs were already used dry in the series, but who knows?> With a little sprucing up, both can become excellent players.

Total:

Bomberman: 1.5
Megaman: 2.5

MEAGMAN is the winner. Did I miss any categories? If so, just tell me and there will be a redeux of the Mega v. Bomber debate!

'Nuff said.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
If they were owned by Sony, then there would be no SE Nintendo system games coming out, for that, you hold no validity over any part of your argument
Well Rare makes games on the DS/GBA and are still owned by Microsoft. So it does have validity, seeing as accepting a character from a rivaling company is either a bright idea (future of a partnership) or a terribly bad idea (you now owe then eighty bajillion dollars)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well Rare makes games on the DS/GBA and are still owned by Microsoft. So it does have validity, seeing as accepting a character from a rivaling company is either a bright idea (future of a partnership) or a terribly bad idea (you now owe then eighty bajillion dollars)
I don't think you notice, but the only game Rare made on a nintendo system recently was Diddy Kong's racing...and that was because Nintendo needed rare's permission to remake THEIR game on the DS...

...THey don't have any other games in years or any games planned.

Square is 3rd party, Rare is 2nd. Sony doens't own Square

does microsoft "own" rare?

Yes they do, but that has nothing to do with Sony owning Square, which they don't

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
jimmysilverrims said:
Bomberman redeux. That and Hudson hasn't made a Bomberman game that wasn't for Nintendo (I think, unless I missed one)
Y hallo thar Act Zero.

The notion that Mega Man would be like Samus is incredible folly. Their single similarity is the arm cannon.

Now you´re failing to make sense whatsoever. Geno has a significantly better chance of getting into SSBB than Banjoo & Kazooie. Concede. Now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, the working relationship between Sony and SE is really strong, and SE seems to not like Nintendo much.
They don't own them...The only reason they HAD tension was because of the 64 era...that doesn't apply now with a bunch of SE games coming to the Nintendo consels

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i dont know but i am saddened by isaac being off the list. he seemed pretty cool. but sonic made it in and thats awesome! List below of who im still hoping to get in even though some of their chances may not be good

Ridley
isaac
Sukopon
Olimar
geno
jigglypuff
ness
capt. falcon
luigi
mewtwo
micicah
black knight
ganondorf
banjo kazooie
megaman
bomberman
soren

There's more but i dont want to bore you guys with my imaginations. good night people

~Shadow plusle

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Well, the working relationship between Sony and SE is really strong, and SE seems to not like Nintendo much.
which perfectly explains why they're one of the first companies to utilize the wiiware games, and are making a new KH game for the DS, a new dragon quest game for the DS, a dragon quest game for the wii, and a drago quest monsters for the DS. yup, they totally hate eachother.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
does microsoft "own" rare?
Yes they do.

Microsoft: Own Rare.

Sony: DOESN'T own Square.

Rare: second party to Microsoft, allowed to work on Nintendo handhelds

Square: Third party. Is not owned by anyone, can develop any game for whoever they want.

And the only reason Square really supports Sony so much is because of the big CD vs. Cartridge clash of the N64, but I won't go into any more details.

I don't mean to offend, but those Sony owning Square comments were really ignorant.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
which perfectly explains why they're one of the first companies to utilize the wiiware games, and are making a new KH game for the DS, a new dragon quest game for the DS, a dragon quest game for the wii, and a drago quest monsters for the DS. yup, they totally hate eachother.
Don't forget all the GBA FF remakes, FFIII DS, the up and coming FFIV DS, Chocobo tales, rocket slime, oh and TWO recent crossover games with Nintendo in the form of Mario Basketball and Itadaki Street in Japan. For sony, they are making some 3 PS3 games and I think 3 PSP games. Yeah, thats still a lot, but not as many as they have for the Wii. Also, Sony IN NO WAY owns ANY PART of SE. SE is 3rd party, and yes, during the past 2 generations they were almost exclusive, but that is very different now.
Don't rule out Cecil over Megaman.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*points and laughs at Wiseguy for not having Sonic on his list* (jk)

Go figure. The only time a character ISN'T ON YOUR LIST, they're confirmed. Sakurai gave Wiseguy a bit of hope with Lucas, and now his whole list is going to be AT'd, sadly. :laugh:

And Geno+Megman=pwnage=the Brawl 3rd party characters. HOPEFULLY!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*points and laughs at Wiseguy for not having Sonic on his list* (jk)

Go figure. The only time a character ISN'T ON YOUR LIST, they're confirmed. Sakurai gave Wiseguy a bit of hope with Lucas, and now his whole list is going to be AT'd, sadly. :laugh:

And Geno+Megman=pwnage=the Brawl 3rd party characters. HOPEFULLY!
Hell yeah, Geno & Megaman for Brawl!

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I saw another Fire Emblem for DS pic that had Marth and Sheeda together on it.
Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of before.
Sheeda as a potential Marth clone?

Certainly not in place of him, but could be a good last-minute character addition.
And easier to do than Micaiah...

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
holy ficus! this guy's up special shoots him high! he'll probably not get bounced as high when he uses it in the air, but he's lookin more and more like my new main.

oh and ferro de lupe, i think i like your sig better the other way.
This way is easier to edit when a new character is added. As more and more characters are reveiled, it will start to go back to it's normal shape. If not, I'll just re-work it (again [again]).

hojiky

Smash Cadet
This way is easier to edit when a new character is added. As more and more characters are reveiled, it will start to go back to it's normal shape. If not, I'll just re-work it (again [again]).
gotcha. let's just hope sakurai goes all out with some character updates.

zigzaghakr

Smash Journeyman
Yes let's also I this they'll do it all at once so three weeks before brawl they release all the characters and theyre moves so one day we'll have for example luigi his moves and final smash!!!

By the way ferro de lupe so do I

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I saw another Fire Emblem for DS pic that had Marth and Sheeda together on it.
Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of before.
Sheeda as a potential Marth clone?

Certainly not in place of him, but could be a good last-minute character addition.
And easier to do than Micaiah...
If they haven't already added BK in and they are going to add a last minute clone it would be BK not "Her".

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
eh, I wasn't weighing Sheeda's potential against Black Knight, or anyone else in the FE series for that matter- other than Micaiah.
All I'm saying is if they wanted to add a girl from FE, she'd probably be easiest.
And yeah, they would have already done it- there's no way the game is delayed to add new characters. But she's still possible from that end because that game is a remake - something they've known about for a long time -, rather than a new game, such as Micaiah's.

I doubt it too. Just saying I never saw it mentioned as a possibility... and maybe it could be.
I'm sure there's something or someone somewhere that the fan base overlooks, right?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
If they don't add another sonic character then puttin sonic in was pointless
What kind of logic is that? Explain how it would be pointless if another Sonic character didn't appear with him? The only way another Sonic character would be playable is...they'd have to be more important than Sonic himself.

< 1000 posts yay >

-Knight

Arteen

Smash Lord
If they don't add another sonic character then puttin sonic in was pointless
How so? I hardly see it as pointless. I'd much rather see another unrepresented Nintendo series get represented instead of getting multiple guest characters from the same series. This is a game about Nintendo characters, so guests should be kept to a minimum. Besides, we'll certainly see other Sonic characters as assist trophies.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Sorry if I'm jumping into the Anti-Geno argument a bit late, but as a Geno supporter, I feel that I need to elaborate on a few things.

Jimmy, you argue that some saying Geno "DOES" have a chance is merely them trying to convince themselves that he could be in, but after that act of desparation (when you resulted to saying Square-Enix was owned by Sony) it seems to be more likely that you're trying to convince yourself that he doesn't stand much of a chance.

Well, it's come to light that you just seem to have a misconstrued vision of the relationship between Nintendo and Square. They are back on good terms, and no, lending a character for an appearance in a game doesn't have to be all about the royalties. For instance, in Superstar Saga, Geno made a cameo appearance with little or nothing more than a "Thank You" from Nintendo. It may be a poor example, but it is an example none-the-less (involving the character in question at that).

If you're intention of saying Square was owned by Sony was more of an expression, meaning that Sony has its iron fist jammed so far up the rear of Square that Geno could never possibly escape, then you need to catch up on the last few years in the gaming industry.

Geno DOES have a real chance of making the roster. Whether he makes it in is entirely debatable, but he DOES have a good chance.

hojiky

Smash Cadet
FEBRUARY 10TH??!! TWO WHOLE MONTHS?! GAH!

AND I MOVED UP TO BERKELEY TWO MONTHS AGO FROM L.A.! SO NOW I CAN'T GO TO E FOR ALL!

i want yesterday back. me and sonic had some good times.

by the way, sakurai said he should "make" sonic playable. does that mean he was a last minute character added in? finally got the rights from sega? all our begging for sonic got to sakurai's head?

EDIT: zigzaghakr... what is you're reasoning for there being more sonic characters again? that the game would suck?

have you even looked at the dojo lately? tell me that this game is going to suck. i need a good laugh.

Arteen

Smash Lord
by the way, sakurai said he should "make" sonic playable. does that mean he was a last minute character added in? finally got the rights from sega? all our begging for sonic got to sakurai's head?
I think that just means playable in the demo. He probably would have kept secret and guest characters unplayable for a demo, but since we are disappointed about the significant delay, the least he can do to make up for it is to make Sonic playable early.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Awesome! Smashboards is up and running!

By the way, this video put a smile on my face:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vid_2159361.html

Not only are Ike's standard attack EXTREMELY similiar is a certain other lord I could mention (hint: tiara), but the colour scheme on that alternate costume looks pretty... familiar.

What does this mean? Maybe nothing.

Or maybe...

just maybe...

I was right. *smug satisfaction*

Arteen

Smash Lord
Not only are Ike's standard attack EXTREMELY similiar is a certain other lord I could mention (hint: tiara), but the colour scheme on that alternate costume looks pretty... familiar.
I remember that one time Roy lost a bet and had to go around wearing a tiara all day, but everyone thought Roy was out anyway. ;)

As long as he plays similarly to Marth, I don't mind who the actual character is. Maybe you actually got this one right. A tip of the hat to you for calling it and a wag of the finger to me for doubting it. Based on the evidence, it looks like Ike will be replacing Marth and inheriting his moveset with some modifications, so that likely means FE will only be getting two reps, and I assume they will not be clones.

Someone just needs to post a video of every character's moveset. That would be nice.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Speaking of alternate costumes... Pikachu seems to have Pichu's blue team goggles... A hint, perhaps?
Maybe Pichu evolved?......

I still think your list only has 38. Pokémon trainer is, to me one character, not three.
Also I still think Lucario has a good chance.

Nice predictions otherwise.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! Smashboards is up and running!

By the way, this video put a smile on my face:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vid_2159361.html

What does this mean? Maybe nothing.

Or maybe...

just maybe...

I was right. *smug satisfaction*
Man, there were all sorts of cool little things in those IGN videos. How many "Dark Metaknights" do you think we'll see online once Brawl releases? :ohwell:

That, and my dreams were dashed when I saw Jill as an AT. Well, not completely dashed, at least she's been recognized :grin:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That red Meta-Knight looks shweeeeet! But why wont anyone play as Dark Link in the demo's? how are we supposed to know weather IGN guy meant a black tunic Link or the actual Dark Link's (With red eyes N ****).

And yhea the first thing i noticed was how Ike played so much (And looked so much) Like Marth... and wasn't Ike supposed to be heavy?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm, it seems that Metaknight may be the highest canidate for top tier here. But from what I'm hearing, if you keep your distance from him you're safe, as it's his close range attacks that kill you. Despite being a long ranged fighter, even i'm interested in him though. o_o

Also, Ike may not look heavy, but he does seem to have lag to his attacks. Or at least a good deal of start up time before he makes his attack. It's a bit odd, since his speed seems to be in flux, but because of that's it's overall slow.

Top Bottom