• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
After watching this video, I will for sure not be playing with the Wiimote. Just seems too uncomfortable for Smash in my opinion.

Ike does seem slower, but I won't judge until he's in my hands. Metaknight seems to be crazy strong as I expected and I'm sure we'll see a ton of Metaknight players online as soon as the game is released.

Even with the delay, these videos more than make up for it. Just wish I could go to California so I could get my hands on a demo.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Personally I'm going to give all control schemes an equal chance, who knows maybe a certain controller will benifit your play style.

Metaknight seems to have a very easy learning curve (Kirby from SSB anyone?). Maybe Metaknight's name meaning high tier will stand for something once Brawl is released.

-Knight

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Not only are Ike's standard attack EXTREMELY similiar is a certain other lord I could mention
Really? To me it seemed like a lot of his attack were completely different.(u-air, d-air,f-tilt, up-tilt,all specials)

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Ike's moves looked just as similar to Link's moves as Marth's. I think you need to take off your Marth hating goggles.

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
lol wiseguy, that video of ike put a smile on my face cause they're completely different. If anything looks like Ike is the new roy, the slower, stronger swordsman. Just like it's been mentioned the only move that seems similar is the fair, but in Ike's case it looks a lot laggier.

Also, don't you find it odd that Zelda isn't on the demo? I sure don't cause her inclusion in it would confirm Sheik.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
GAAAAH!!

Febuary 10th!? Why!? Why, Sakurai!? Why are you so cruel!? I know you want to make a good game, but this will have been over a year of production!!! I cry, I really do! I won't be able to go out to E for All and there's no way I'll be able to afford a game imported from Japan! WHY!? :(

In other news, am I the only one who thinks Sonics moves are lackluster? Spin attack, spin attack, bumper.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
GAAAAH!!

Febuary 10th!? Why!? Why, Sakurai!? Why are you so cruel!? I know you want to make a good game, but this will have been over a year of production!!! I cry, I really do! I won't be able to go out to E for All and there's no way I'll be able to afford a game imported from Japan! WHY!? :(

In other news, am I the only one who thinks Sonics moves are lackluster? Spin attack, spin attack, bumper.
I'm fairly sure almost everything to do with Brawl production is done or they're making last minute changes. They most likely could have released on December 3rd, however from a sales perspective it would be unwise to release such a game around the holiday seasons They most likely pushed back the release so they could get after holiday Wii sales.

-Knight

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
............. The bitter sweet taste of being right. I used to say that brawl will be delayed if it needs to be all the time. I wish I was wrong. I know that this is for the best but come one TWO EXTRA MONTHS?!

Conker1

Smash Ace
1)Tom NookAnimal Crosser will not be playable. He's in the background. If he was playable, why put him in the background in the first place?
2)Notice also, Sakurai has given ZERO clues as to new characters. Do you remember any clues leading up to Ike, PT, Diddy, or even Sonic's revealing? No, there were none. Why give clues toward the inclusion of an AC character? If anything, all this AC stuff means there won't be a character at all.
3)Smashville is the most detailed stage so far, why? Because it is the AC rep. A stage suits AC more than a character. Also, nearly every AC character appears in the background.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Ike's moves are quite different from Marth's...

His forward b has him charging up and then dashing. If he connects he slashes the opponent.
Up b is Aether.
B is eruption, which is quite like Marth's b.
Forward smash is slow, powerful and uses both hands.
up tilt has him kind of punching with his sword in hand
up smash is a single powerful sword swipe
he doesn't seem to need to tipper either
etc.

Nintendo never leaves anyone behind.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Yes you are...

I think Sonic's speed will more than make-up for the "lackluster" moveset. Personally, by watching the videos of him in action, I can tell that I'm going to love playing Sonic. He's using the older Sonic games as the source of Sonic's design/moveset.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Ike's moves looked just as similar to Link's moves as Marth's. I think you need to take off your Marth hating goggles.
Ever since I heard the news that Marth would star in Fire Emblem DS, my hatred for him evaporated. Marth's cool with me and I don't oppose his inclusion in Brawl. No googles of hatred here.

I do, however, think that Ike has replaced him in Brawl. His standard attacks are not identical to Ike's, but they seem very similar if you ask me. I suspect his moveset is essentially a teaked and balanced version of Marth's with enough changes to make him feel fresh (similar to what they did in the transition from OoT Link to TP Link.)

1)Tom NookAnimal Crosser will not be playable. He's in the background. If he was playable, why put him in the background in the first place?
2)Notice also, Sakurai has given ZERO clues as to new characters. Do you remember any clues leading up to Ike, PT, Diddy, or even Sonic's revealing? No, there were none. Why give clues toward the inclusion of an AC character? If anything, all this AC stuff means there won't be a character at all.
3)Smashville is the most detailed stage so far, why? Because it is the AC rep. A stage suits AC more than a character. Also, nearly every AC character appears in the background.
1) You saw some Animal Crossers in the background. But since there is more than one of them, this does not deconfirm the notion of Animal Crosser playable character, probably with his trademark viking helmet to set him apart.

2) You mean aside from his online poll where Diddy and Ike were tied as the second highest ranking characters? The same poll where the Animal Crosser was nominated?

3) The most detailed...? In what way? How is it more detailed than, say, the Bridge of Eldin?

Conker1

Smash Ace
Ever since I heard the news that Marth would star in Fire Emblem DS, my hatred for him evaporated. Marth's cool with me and I don't oppose his inclusion in Brawl. No googles of hatred here.

I do, however, think that Ike has replaced him in Brawl. His standard attacks are not identical to Ike's, but they seem very similar if you ask me. I suspect his moveset is essentially a teaked and balanced version of Marth's with enough changes to make him feel fresh (similar to what they did in the transition from OoT Link to TP Link.)

Hating Marth because he hasn't had a recent game is...stupid.

1) You saw some Animal Crossers in the background. But since there is more than one of them, this does not deconfirm the notion of Animal Crosser playable character, probably with his trademark viking helmet to set him apart.

2) You mean aside from his online poll where Diddy and Ike were tied as the second highest ranking characters? The same poll where the Animal Crosser was nominated?

3) The most detailed...? In what way? How is it more detailed than, say, the Bridge of Eldin?
1) It's more of a point for Tom Nook not being playable. But, them being in the background makes me think their chances would be lower.

2)That has nothing to do with the Dojo. If he was going by that Pokemon Trainer wouldn't be in the game, now would he? I'm talking about specific clues. Did he reveal a Sonic stage or item before Sonic? No.

3)The amount of character cameos, K.K. Slider, the day-night cycle, and the possible season cycle it may have.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
1) It's more of a point for Tom Nook not being playable. But, them being in the background makes me think their chances would be lower.

2)That has nothing to do with the Dojo. If he was going by that Pokemon Trainer wouldn't be in the game, now would he? I'm talking about specific clues. Did he reveal a Sonic stage or item before Sonic? No. Or how about a Mother 3 item before Lucas?

3)The amount of character cameos, K.K. Slider, the day-night cycle, and the possible season cycle it may have.
1) I've gotta ask, why? Since there is more than one Animal Crosser, they can be in more than one place at once right?

2) But did he reveal a Yoshi stage before Yoshi was revealed? Yes. Did he reveal an F-Zero assist trophy before Captain Falcon? Yes. Did he reveal Peach in a trailer before she was confirmed? Yes.

3) Pokemon Stadium alomst as many character cameos, K.K. Slider is just a particilarily cool character cameo, stages like battlefield also have changing backgrounds and season shifts (while a cool idea) is unlikely given that that's the gimick behind Yoshi's island. But I would argue that stages like Delfino Plasa and Castle Seige (which completely transform) are actually far more "realistic."

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
1) I've gotta ask, why? Since there is more than one Animal Crosser, they can be in more than one place at once right?

2) But did he reveal a Yoshi stage before Yoshi was revealed? Yes. Did he reveal an F-Zero assist trophy before Captain Falcon? Yes. Did he reveal Peach in a trailer before she was confirmed? Yes.

3) Pokemon Stadium alomst as many character cameos, K.K. Slider is just a particilarily cool character cameo, stages like battlefield also have changing backgrounds and season shifts (while a cool idea) is unlikely given that that's the gimick behind Yoshi's island. But I would argue that stages like Delfino Plasa and Castle Seige (which completely transform) are actually far more "realistic."
True 'dat. Heck. I'm no fan of an AC rep, nor am I an AC fan, but hey, anyone can be a rep at this point. Personally, I'd like an AC rep just to balance out the flood of realistic characters flooding in. Snake, Zamus, Red, Capt Falcon, possibly Issac. The list goes on. Let's see some adorability!

Conker1

Smash Ace

1)I just really doubt the "Animal Crosser's" inclusion. Violence isn't the Animal Crossing kind of thing.

2)They are veterans. I said new characters.

3)The Pokemon Stadium doesn't have as nearly as many cameos. You have a point for the rest, but Smashville is likely the AC rep.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
AC IS most likely getting a Playable character...Saying a stage is repping a series is just stupid...

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I doubt an AC character will be playable. I mean, they aren't supposed to fight. I do believe that they will have plenty of representation in Brawl, other than being a PC. I AC already has a stage, item, and AT. They'll probably have avatars and other items, but I doubt a PC. Mr. Resetti was my only exception for an AC playable character, but he's an AT now.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
1)I just really doubt the "Animal Crosser's" inclusion. Violence isn't the Animal Crossing kind of thing.

2)They are veterans. I said new characters.

3)The Pokemon Stadium doesn't have as nearly as many cameos. You have a point for the rest, but Smashville is likely the AC rep.

1) Yeeeaaahhh... I can see how AC characters wouldn't be as prone to violence as, oh say, Mr. Game & Watch. I mean we wouldn't want to compromise the believability of a game like Smash Bros.

2) Like Falcon Master pointed out, the Franklin badge foretold the arrival of Lucas. Checkmate.

3) You can think what you like, but saying that it's "likely" sounds like an overstatement. I've yet to hear a good reason for why an AC villager couldn't be playable.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Maybe you shouldn't have been so hasty to kick out Isaac, since Nintendo and Camelot still haven't forgotten the franchise.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200710/N07.1009.1738.03309.htm?Page=3
GI Interview with Camelot said:
GI: I hate to totally break away from all the sports’ games, but there’s another game Camelot is known for, and that’s Golden Sun. What’s the status of Golden Sun, and is that series finished or is that something you’d like to bring to consoles?

Hiroyuki Takahashi: First of all, I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun. We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven’t gotten around to making it. We’re not really sure why. (laughs)
Nintendo is expecting to release another game in the critically-acclaimed Golden Sun series, and Brawl is a game people are going to be playing for years; it seems that Nintendo would give Isaac more priority to be a playable character if he's representing an ongoing series rather than a finished one. He would represent both past Golden Sun games and the Golden Sun game(s) to come.

If the 3-game Mother series can have playable character status when it has only one game released outside Japan and that one game wasn't even internationally released, then Golden Sun, with its two internationally popular and critically-acclaimed releases, can too. Hopefully.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
1) Yeeeaaahhh... I can see how AC characters wouldn't be as prone to violence as, oh say, Mr. Game & Watch. I mean we wouldn't want to compromise the believability of a game like Smash Bros.

2) Like Falcon Master pointed out, the Franklin badge foretold the arrival of Lucas. Checkmate.

3) You can think what you like, but saying that it's "likely" sounds like an overstatement. I've yet to hear a good reason for why an AC villager couldn't be playable.
Yeah, AC is one of the most non-violent games on the market, bt it does deserve some credit, it was a game that became popular on the NGC and has been a worldwide phenomena. (Bit of a hyperbole there, but it was worldwide and popular) I think them being a PC isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Can't argue with number two's logic except that the updates are controlled by 1,000 monkeys on typewriters and thusly have absolutely no pattern whatsoever.

Yeah, like Wisey says, the AC's have two items, a stage, some music, and a symbol. Shake your Eight Ball and you will see "Signs Point To Yes".

'Nuff said.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Maybe you shouldn't have been so hasty to kick out Isaac, since Nintendo and Camelot still haven't forgotten the franchise.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200710/N07.1009.1738.03309.htm?Page=3

Nintendo is expecting to release another game in the critically-acclaimed Golden Sun series, and Brawl is a game people are going to be playing for years; it seems that Nintendo would give Isaac more priority to be a playable character if he's representing an ongoing series rather than a finished one. He would represent both past Golden Sun games and the Golden Sun game(s) to come.

If the 3-game Mother series can have playable character status when it has only one game released outside Japan and that one game wasn't even internationally released, then Golden Sun, with its two internationally popular and critically-acclaimed releases, can too. Hopefully.
Getting rid of Issac was not my first choice, but I'm trying to keep the character limit at 40 - and it was either Issac or one of the Starfox characters. I still think he has an excellent shot, hense his presence on my runnersup list.

Hmm... maybe I could include a few more. 2 month delay= bigger character roster?

Hey Wiseguy, why don't you put Claus on your list? And by Claus I mean the Masked Boy XP
Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking about that idea. What kind of moveset might he have?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I should hope so.
Hey, when I'm right, I'm right. ;)

(I meant Roy BTW. Fixed.)

Well, he has has sword, arm canon, and lightning attack, so there's a lot of stuff to draw from.
Sounds like he has some potetnial. But, in Mother were to get 2 reps I think F-Zero would have to get two as well. And who is there other than that accursed Black Shadow?

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Sounds like he has some potetnial. But, in Mother were to get 2 reps I think F-Zero would have to get two as well. And who is there other than that accused Black Shadow?
Princia Ramode. But that's just me being my biased horny self. D=

Top Bottom