• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I wouldn't jump the gun on that one, good sir. Sonic can take care of himself. He doesn't need his buddies to come to his rescue here. Besides, wouldn't the inlclusion of other Sonic characters water-down his hype?

HOWEVER, I could see them doing something with Eggman/Dr. Robotnik. He was the major villain in his story, after all. Maybe he is the one that constructed the bombs for the Subspace Army?

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Wow Wiseguy, how many times do u have to be wrong?
Everyone should take a page from this. Now, everyone always makes fun of Wise when he's wrong (I know, it can be a hoot). The problem is, when he makes a bad prediction, everyone usually gets what they want. That's why Sakurai waited so long to reveal Sonic. He was waiting for Wiseguy to take him off of his list!

In short, the more Wiseguy is wrong, the more happy Sakurai makes us.

Yay!

EDIT: Could someone host the image of Sonic and post it? I wanted to show someone, but I can't view the one linked from the Dojo site.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if he'll end up revealing all the characters on that site. I kind of hope not, I would like to be surprised about at least a few of them when I actually play the game. If he's telling us about Sonic, now, who knows what surprises are in store for the next 2 (probably more now) months. Of course, the rest of this week is gonna be Sonic info probably.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, the problem with third party characters is that they can't really be kept a secret. Come release, anyone interested could just look at the back of the case and see "Sonic the Hedgehog and related material are copyright SEGA . . . etc."

Now, he could include someone like Ridley and keep it a secret, but that's just flat-out mean.

zigzaghakr

Smash Journeyman
yeah can u handle this!!!

I wouldn't jump the gun on that one, good sir. Sonic can take care of himself. He doesn't need his buddies to come to his rescue here. Besides, wouldn't the inlclusion of other Sonic characters water-down his hype?
I'm not sayin to help him but they don't normally have 1 character for a series thats y I think they'll add another sonic character or two and no it won't water down the hype it will heighten it

ALSO WAT ABOOT PAC-MAN!!!

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Earthbound: Ness
F-Zero: Captain Falcon
Kirby: Kirby
Ice Climbers: Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch: Mr. Game and Watch

Nooooo, they've never had a series with one character rep before. Sonic will be alone. =_=

hojiky

Smash Cadet
I'm not sayin to help him but they don't normally have 1 character for a series thats y I think they'll add another sonic character or two and no it won't water down the hype it will heighten it
They normally have 1 character for small nintendo series. look at ness, capt. falcon, game and watch, ice climbers, etc... in melee. i can't see sakurai putting in more than 1 character from the sonic the hedgehog games, being third party and all.

though i might just freak out if knuckles is confirmed.

Legolastom

Smash Hero

ALSO WAT ABOOT PAC-MAN!!!
Actually no putting in any other Sonic characters as PC's will instantly kill the game and I will refuse to buy it.

And Pac-Man? get real.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Ugh.
I didn't want to say this, for fear of being murdered in my bed by the fanboys, but I dislike Sonic. His attitude is irritating. I hate cocky, egotistical show-offs.
But I hate Tails and Knuckles even more. Hopefully we're spared the agony.
Hmm, this has nothing to do with all that Sonic-y stuff out there, but I'd just like to mention that Marth's chances just increased for his return since it seems there will be a DS remake of Fire EMblem 3....That is all. o_o
Is fortunate that I've been predicting him for a while. I hope Falcon comes first, though.
But I guess a Marth update is imminent.
There's just no way Marth isn't in now.
If Marth looks like that, and not GayMarth, everything will be fine. :chuckle:

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Everyone should take a page from this. Now, everyone always makes fun of Wise when he's wrong (I know, it can be a hoot). The problem is, when he makes a bad prediction, everyone usually gets what they want. That's why Sakurai waited so long to reveal Sonic. He was waiting for Wiseguy to take him off of his list!

In short, the more Wiseguy is wrong, the more happy Sakurai makes us.

Yay!
Hes probably wrong about Marth too.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
ladies and gentlemen:

I must state that Sonic the Hedgehog is....

PURE OWNAGE!

Seriously, Sonic wasn't even on sakurai's poll and he made it in. who knows what other mysteries that Sakurai has. Who knows, maybe Lucario has a chance of making it in after all or Meagman or Sukopon and a bunch of other Owange characters. luckily, theres less than two months for this game to come out and with two brand new characters in a row. we are bound to see another really cool guy next week. i'm still waiting for Jigglypuff, Ridley, and Olimar, but since Sonic was revealed, i guess i can wait a bit longer.

~ShadowPlusle

User33

Smash Journeyman
If I had a nickel for every character that either was or wasn't on Wiseguy's list, I would have about 50 quarters. Are you ever right?

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
If I had a nickel for every character that either was or wasn't on Wiseguy's list, I would have about 50 quarters. Are you ever right?
Screw you. He's entitled to his opinions and his guesses. Who are you to mock him? I'd like to see you 100% accurately predict the freaking roster!!!

Jeeze! The nerve of some people....

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Yeah. Sonic. Saw it coming. Not to imp...ressed...

GAH!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiseguy, I have told you for so long to put Sonic on the list, and guess what!? Sonic, baby! Kick out old Geno and slap on Sonic!!! Yipee! I'm a giddy as a young boy.

And now it's gone. Wow, that passed quickly.

Thinking about it... If Sonic is simply Wednesday, just think about what Friday's secrets hold!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah. Sonic. Saw it coming. Not to imp...ressed...

GAH!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiseguy, I have told you for so long to put Sonic on the list, and guess what!? Sonic, baby! Kick out old Geno and slap on Sonic!!! Yipee! I'm a giddy as a young boy.

And now it's gone. Wow, that passed quickly.

Thinking about it... If Sonic is simply Wednesday, just think about what Friday's secrets hold!
**** no don't kick out Geno. He's a Mario Rep...The BEST Mario Rep and will get in as so

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He is sooo not the best Mario Rep.

Mario is.

Tch.

And for Square-Enix?

Black Mage. Byatch.
Black Mage isn't even being considered...Anyway, Black Mage isn't even a real character

If anyone get's in it will be Geno...

And I know your not stupid enough to not realize I meant Mario newcomer rep

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Black Mage isn't even being considered...Anyway, Black Mage isn't even a real character
Isn't a real character? Well, then if I am mistaken who was that person in Mario Hoops 3 on 3? Hmm... let me think, oh yeah, BLACK MAGE! Who's this guy again?:

If anyone get's in it will be Geno...
And Luigi isn't coming back? Personally I think someone who's been in more than one Mario game as a main character. Perhaps someone who isn't a secondary, retro, third party, and not to mention Square character? I mean Square, the company who won't put a Final Fantasy Game on a Nintendo console? Square, the people who have sold their souls to Sony? I mean if Geno's getting in Brawl, so is Banjo and Kazooie. Their third party and was in two games that weren't retro. Face it. Geno has very slim chances, very slim, slim to none. I've done this song and dance before.

He might make it in, but most likely he is not.

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't a real character? Well, then if I am mistaken who was that person in Mario Hoops 3 on 3? Hmm... let me think, oh yeah, BLACK MAGE! Who's this guy again?:

And Luigi isn't coming back? Personally I think someone who's been in more than one Mario game as a main character. Perhaps someone who isn't a secondary, retro, third party, and not to mention Square character? I mean Square, the company who won't put a Final Fantasy Game on a Nintendo console? Square, the people who have sold their souls to Sony? I mean if Geno's getting in Brawl, so is Banjo and Kazooie. Their third party and was in two games that weren't retro. Face it. Geno has very slim chances, very slim, slim to none. I've done this song and dance before.

He might make it in, but most likely he is not.

'Nuff said.

I said newcomer dammit...Since when is Luigi a newcomer...and even the people that support Black Mage don't count him as a character...they count him as a character class and count appearances of Black Mage as characters that don't even appear as a traditional Black Mage or people that can be a Black Mage by changing their character classes but get better classes later on in the game to replace them. Also, if Black Mage was so much of a good FF rep...why didn't they put one in Dissidia?

Geno's chances are NOT slim...and the fact you compared Geno to Banjo and Kazooie tells you have no idea what you are talking about

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
UPDATE!!!! Sorry for the delay, but my profs refused to cancel clases even if it is "SONIC IS IN BRAWL!!!!" Day. Go figure.

Awesome, Sonic is in! Fun stuff. I love his old-school edge-balancing animation and use of the bumper. It makes me want to go back and play Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and CD. I hope Sonic gets a variety of both old-school music remixes and good songs from the later games (like Live and Learn). I'm still waiting for Isaac to be confirmed, then I'll be truly happy.

Speaking of Isaac, could you take him off your list, Wiseguy? He's never going to get in he is! ;)

And regarding your bad kuck at making predicitions, live and learn Wiseguy, live and learn. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh..... funny you should mention taking Issac of my list....

Hmm, this has nothing to do with all that Sonic-y stuff out there, but I'd just like to mention that Marth's chances just increased for his return since it seems there will be a DS remake of Fire EMblem 3....That is all. o_o
^^I'm soooooooooo going to get that game.

Sonic is in, Wiseguy was wrong again, and now my favorite character from my favorite series is going to make an appearance on a recent FE. Things are looking great so far.

And with Marth coming out on a new system, that means he's no longer an "out dated character" as you put him. If that game is released world wide (which I assume is the entire purpose of the remake) then he'll no longer be Japanese only. He'll also be able to serve as advertisement for the first DS FE and the newest FE at the same time. I'd like to see where Pieman0920 got his info from, but if it's true then Marth's chances just skyrocketed. He now has everysingle one of the logical reasons to put a character in.

Game advertisement: Release of a "new" game on a new system.
Character diversity: Graceful, Bishounen swordsman.
Vetran Character: SSBM
Face of Franchise: appeares as main Lord more than any other character
Worldwide character:

Put him on your list already Wiseguy. His chances are quite good.

There's just no way Marth isn't in now.
Wow. This revelation has redeemed Marth in my eyes. Everything I said about Marth being irrelivant to the series is officially null and void and this is officially my most anticipated DS game.

To tell you the truth, after hearing this (and seeing his significantly less lame character design) I'm debating putting Marth on my list as the second Fire Emblem rep. But the fact that Ike was revealed first still has me guessing. Let me give it some thought.

Wiseguy...do I even need to say it?

You jump the gun too easily...
Sure, but if I didn't jump the gun then you would be denied the pleasure of rubbing my mistakes in my face. Then what would you have to look forward to?

The joke's on you, bub. I get a dollar for every irritating person who posts on my thread.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I said newcomer dammit...Since when is Luigi a newcomer...and even the people that support Black Mage don't count him as a character...they count him as a character class and count appearances of Black Mage as characters that don't even appear as a traditional Black Mage or people that can be a Black Mage by changing their character classes but get better classes later on in the game to replace them. Also, if Black Mage was so much of a good FF rep...why didn't they put one in Dissidia?
I was making a simple contrast, I'm not a pro-Black Mageist but even someone who has never played an FF game can tell that someone in many, many games trumps someone who's only been in two that were made decades ago. BM is more iconic and more popular. Is there any more to say for Geno? Let me answer: No.

Geno's chances are NOT slim...and the fact you compared Geno to Banjo and Kazooie tells you have no idea what you are talking about
Oh really, held in the clutches in a rival company, was in a Nintendo system, hasn't been in a new game for years, and was suggested on the poll. So how are they any diffrent besides the fact that Banjo is more famous, has been in more games, is a protagonist, and isn't a retro character. Yeah, I think I did my homework, and saying Geno is the most likely newcomer shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was making a simple contrast, I'm not a pro-Black Mageist but even someone who has never played an FF game can tell that someone in many, many games trumps someone who's only been in two that were made decades ago. BM is more iconic and more popular. Is there any more to say for Geno? Let me answer: No

Oh really, held in the clutches in a rival company, was in a Nintendo system, hasn't been in a new game for years, and was suggested on the poll. So how are they any diffrent besides the fact that Banjo is more famous, has been in more games, is a protagonist, and isn't a retro character. Yeah, I think I did my homework, and saying Geno is the most likely newcomer shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

'Nuff said.
Geno DOES have a high chance of being a newcomer and I don't think you have any idea what your talking about. Banjo and Kazooie have no chance because they belong to Microsoft...You can't even cimpare them.

Geno did get high on the poll and Sakurai has shown interest.

YOU have no idea what your talking about

User33

Smash Journeyman
Soinc!

And while your lists aren't bad, they'll probably go down as the farthest off ever once the game is out.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Psychey, you need a serious chill pill.

Geno DOES have a high chance of being a newcomer and I don't think you have any idea what your talking about. Banjo and Kazooie have no chance because they belong to Microsoft...You can't even cimpare them.
I believe you're in denial. Capitalizing does makes you seem like you're trying to convince yourself, and less me. You don't think I have any idea about what I'm talking about? Well, Banjo's owned by Microsoft, and Geno's owned by Sony. Both are competitors to Nintendo. Both Geno and Banjo were on Nintendo games and were on the poll. How are they any diffrent besides Banjo's more popular and has been in more (And more sucessful) games? Banjo has as much of a chance as Geno, if not better. Nintendo isn't going to get Geno in without having to lose some serious rights (and pofit) to Square, something I'll doubt they'll do. So I think that it's toatally fair to compare (or as you say 'cimpare') the two.

Geno did get high on the poll and Sakurai has shown interest.
Yeah, on the poll alongside Lip, Birdo, and James Bond are they getting in too? Listen, that poll was mostly a publicity stunt. I doubt that it has much of an impact on the producion of the game.

YOU have no idea what your talking about
Do I? At least I'm not turning a blind eye to the facts. I know that Geno has a chance, but not a big one, he's a third party character, meaning that Nintendo needs to fork out serious dough to get him in, and he's retro, meaning he won't be recognised by everyone. His chancesw are low, if not lower than someone like Megaman of Pac-Man, at least they are iconic and unforgettable. When I first heard about Geno, it was from some guy posting up: "OMG!!! G3n0 is 4 teh winz!!1" I had to actually go and dig out the game to figure out who the heck this guy was. Listen, he's really unlikely, but he could make it in, but it's really improbable.

Oh, and in Soviet Russia talking about knows ideas about YOU!!!

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, here is how it is going to go...most likely

Geno counts as a Mario rep, not a Square rep, so Sakurai could ask to use Geno, which Square had no problem lending to nintendo last time they used him. It's not like Square needs him.

Square isn't getting a rep. That will most likely go to either Megaman OR Bomberman...who both have a very good chance for different reasons.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I believe you're in denial. Capitalizing does makes you seem like you're trying to convince yourself, and less me. You don't think I have any idea about what I'm talking about? Well, Banjo's owned by Microsoft, and Geno's owned by Sony. Both are competitors to Nintendo. Both Geno and Banjo were on Nintendo games and were on the poll. How are they any diffrent besides Banjo's more popular and has been in more (And more sucessful) games? Banjo has as much of a chance as Geno, if not better. Nintendo isn't going to get Geno in without having to lose some serious rights (and pofit) to Square, something I'll doubt they'll do. So I think that it's toatally fair to compare (or as you say 'cimpare') the two.
Geno is owned by Square. SQUARE-ENIX. Not Sony. Has never been owned by Sony. And Nintendo and Square apparently are getting along, so it's not entirely impossible. Banjo really has NO chance.

Do I? At least I'm not turning a blind eye to the facts. I know that Geno has a chance, but not a big one, he's a third party character, meaning that Nintendo needs to fork out serious dough to get him in, and he's retro, meaning he won't be recognised by everyone. His chancesw are low, if not lower than someone like Megaman of Pac-Man, at least they are iconic and unforgettable. When I first heard about Geno, it was from some guy posting up: "OMG!!! G3n0 is 4 teh winz!!1" I had to actually go and dig out the game to figure out who the heck this guy was. Listen, he's really unlikely, but he could make it in, but it's really improbable.

Oh, and in Soviet Russia talking about knows ideas about YOU!!!

'Nuff said.
Well, you weren't talking to me, but I must say, as a Geno fan, I must hold on to that one in a million chance. I don't know if he's in, and if he's not, I won't be disappointed, but if he has a chance then, I can hope. But he is more likely than Banjo and Kazooie, either way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno is owned by Square. SQUARE-ENIX. Not Sony. Has never been owned by Sony. And Nintendo and Square apparently are getting along, so it's not entirely impossible. Banjo really has NO chance.
Oh hell, he did say that didn't he...maybe really doesn't know what he's talking about.

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
comments: Megaman isn’t quite as likely as most people think. Sure, he was big on the NES and he has since starred in several thousand GBA games, but will Nintendo cough up the big bucks to yet another third party developer just for the privilege of including one character? I’m not so sure.
pfftt... like ninty doesn't have enough money. we want megaman dammit

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Ok, here is how it is going to go...most likely

Geno counts as a Mario rep, not a Square rep, so Sakurai could ask to use Geno, which Square had no problem lending to nintendo last time they used him. It's not like Square needs him.
Sorry, gotta interrupt. ARE YOU KIDDING!? Now matter how friendly Square is with Nintendo, they aren't going to just 'give' the rights to Geno away. It isn't a matter if they're going to use him in a game, it's the fact that hey will suck as much money from this as possible, and Nintendo probably won't want to fork over the dough just for a third party character most people have never heard of.

Sakurai could ask, but Square isn't just going to say: Okay, use Geno in the game, we aren't going to use him, and keep all of the revenue to the game, we don't need the money, an hey! Take Cloud and Black Mage too! No, seriously, take them! :chuckle:

Square isn't getting a rep. That will most likely go to either Megaman OR Bomberman...who both have a very good chance for different reasons.
Of course Square won't get a rep. Listen, it doesn't matter if Geno was in a Mario game or technically 'counts' as a Mario character his rights are still owned by Square, who is owned by Sony. So thusly, Geno has the equal chances of Banjo (Owned by Rare, who is owned by Microsoft)

Tough Geno would be nice, Megaman or Bomberman are much more likely characters. Wisey, I'm afraid that ol' Geno has to go. Along with Sheik. Sheik's not getting in. Period.

'Nuff said.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Geno's still an obscure, supporting, third-party character. All three can be argued away individually, but together, they're pretty strong arguments against his inclusion.
Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario are still more likely.
I still say Bomberman should be the third 3rd-party.

Top Bottom