• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Mario Reps (My opinion, not yours)
Bowser Jr.>Paper Mario>Geno>Boo>Daisy>Waluigi
In order of likeliness:
B.J. > PM > Geno > Waluigi > Daisy > Boo

In order of how much I like them:
PM > Waluigi =B.J > Boo > Daisy (Haven't played SMRPG so I can't give an opinion on Geno.)

Seriously though, what's wrong with Shadow Mario?
There's nothing wrong with him... But some people just can't concieve the idea of three characters with "Mario" in the name being playable. Besides, B.J. has enough going for him with that paintbrush alone that he doesn't need Shadow Mario.

Personally, I find two new reps likely for the Mario franchise; B.J. and Paper Mario

how would bowser jr work
heavy slow
slow light
light fast
heavy fast
I would picture him as a quick, light. Not fast like Fox or Falcon, but definately quicker than the heavywieghts and maybe some of the middlewieghts.

Star Fox series
krystal, no matter what people say Adventures was the best Star Fox game ever made
Adventures = Best Star Fox game. Which, in my opinion, doesn't help it out any because it was a 7/10 at best. star Fox games have always been kind of "bleh" for me. Not a fan of space shooters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It would suck if they were releashing the American version first because the Japanese version has more stuff...like characters...

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
American and Japanese versions of what? SSBB? There's different characters for each?
*Confusion*

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If you haven't played Star fox 64 THEN YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED STAR FOX!!

Thats my moto : P

Anyways they should give Europe at least 3 extra characters for how ****ING long we have to wait for it.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
If you haven't played Star fox 64 THEN YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED STAR FOX!!

Thats my moto : P

Anyways they should give Europe at least 3 extra characters for how ****ING long we have to wait for it.
Or people in europe could buy a copy online.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
yeah that just brought back memories of when i lived in norway/england. When i was there i was just a kid, but my parents bought my consoles in the states...so pretty much i had to wait until summer vacation or christmas to get my games from america.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Dear lord, this threads become a wretched hive of off topics and noobery!

iron knuckle for brawl!11
You see what I mean?

No, but seriously, this thread has seen some better days, like Crash Bandicoot, this thread went from on top to some nobody.

Perhaps if I throw my two cents in it'll spar some interest: Todays update proves that Lucas was probably the closest thing we're going to get for an awesome update, looks like we've got another uneventful week ahead of us, but I'll stay positive, anything could happen on Friday.

Let's hope.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
One update defines nearly the whole week for you? Because it's special moves that you don't like, you think that everything will be bad until Friday? >_>
Elementary, Pieman. Last week began with a bang (Lucas) and ended in a fizzle (Team) this week started out with a fairly non-exciting update and I fear that this week too will be a dwindling spout of information. I can only hope that my deduction was wrong.

In a totally unrelated note, what happened to all of the intelligent conversation that once bustled around here? What happened to the interesting, non-bias and objective reasoning of this thread that I've come to know and love? If you think I'm over exaggerating, take a look at this:

This is from a few pages back:

I mostly agree with your list, pineappleupsetshark. There´s still some things I think you´re missing, so I´ll make one myself to see if we can...compare, or something?

Guaranteed
Highly Probable
Possible
Highly Unlikely
Nigh Impossible

SUPER MARIO BROS.
Luigi
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario
Shadow Mario
Geno
Daisy
Waluigi
Wart
Toad
Tatanga
Wanda
Boo
Dry Bones
Koopa Troopa
Axem Ranger/s
Mallow

YOSHI
Kamek
Baby Bros.
Baby Bowser

DONKEY KONG
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong

WARIOWARE
Mona
9-Volt
Dr. Crygor
Young Cricket
Ana & Kat

KID ICARUS
Eggplant Wizard
Medusa
Palutena

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
Ganondorf
Kid Link (toon-shaded)
Tingle
Midna & Wolf Link
Midna (solo)
Sheik
Young Link (Ocarina of Time/Majora´s Mask style)
Ganon
Aghanim
Skull Kid
Vaati (human form)
Ralph
Fierce Deity Link

KIRBY
King Dedede
Daroach
Rick the Hamster

POKéMON
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Gardevoir
Lucario
Pachirisu
Pichu
Team Rocket Trainer
Steven Stone
Eevee

F-ZERO
Black Shadow
Jody Summers
Deathborn
Pico
Blood Falcon

METROID
Ridley
Dark Samus
Sylux
Weavel
Fusion Suit Samus

STAR FOX
Krystal
Falco
Wolf
Slippy
Peppy

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
Micaiah
Sigurd
The Black Knight
Roy
Ayra
Oguma
Soren
Jeigan
Sheeda
Nabarl

ANIMAL CROSSING
Animal Crosser (main character)
Mr. Resetti
Tom Nook
K. K. Slider

MOTHER / EARTHBOUND
Lucas
Ness
The Masked Man
Ninten
Paula
Jeff
Pokey Minch
Flint
Duster
Kumatora
Boney

OTHER FRANCHISES
Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Jake (Advance Wars)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Felix (Golden Sun)
Brigadier Betty (Battalion Wars)
Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity´s Requiem)

RETRO FRANCHISES
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
Magical Hero (Magical Vacation/Starsign)
Mike Jones (StarTropics)
Urban Champion (Urban Champion)
Magnus (Ogre Battle)

JAPAN-ONLY FRANCHISES
Stafy (Legend of Stafy)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Furil (Panel de Pon)
Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Earth)
Ayumi Tachibana (Detective Club)
Demille (Tomato Adventure)
Hakkun (Sutte Hakkun)
Harry the Robot (Teleroboxer)
Exclamation Warriors (Exclamation Warriors)

THIRD PARTY FRANCHISES
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic - SEGA)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania - Konami)
Mega Man (Mega Man - Capcom)
Django (Boktai - Kojima/Konami)
Rayman (Rayman - Ubisoft)
Black Mage (Final Fantasy - Square-Enix)
Vaan (Final Fantasy - Square-Enix)
Terra (Final Fantasy - Square-Enix)
Locke (Final Fantasy - Square-Enix)
Celes (Final Fantasy - Square-Enix)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts - Square-Enix/Disney)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga - Monolith/Namco)
Bomberman (Bomberman - Namco)
Pacman (Pacman - Namco)
Raiden (Metal Gear - Konami)
Big Boss (Metal Gear - Konami)
Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur/Tekken - Namco)
Ryu (Street Fighter - Capcom)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil - Capcom)
Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright - Capcom)
Elite Beat Agents (Elite Beat Agents - iNiS)
Cheer Squad (Osu! Takate! Ouendan! - iNiS)
Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd - SEGA)
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy - Square-Enix)
Nicely categorized, thoughtful and objective. Let's see something more recent.

iron knuckle for brawl!11
'Nuff said.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I think you mean...

SUPER MARIO BROS.
Luigi
Geno
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario
Mallow
Daisy
Waluigi

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I think you need to make some decisions instead of having "OR" characters. Wiseguy needs to choose Black Night or Micaiah. It doesnt count for you being right if one of them is announced because you just said "one of these might be in" yeah try and cut down those OR's and make room for some more guesses

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, I think that a lot of the intelligent conversation went out the window when Wise had to leave for work and school (which is, after all, much more important). He was a sort-of driving force for discussion, and he always had a ton of interesting, debatable comments to make. Now that he is away, conversation has been on a steady decline due to the lack of heavy-hitting arguments and detailed feedback.

Not to mention that other (good) posters like Odin and Yoster haven't frequented this post much at all, as of late, either.

Looking through the past few pages, there are very few responses that are much longer than a sentence or two (myself included).

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Ay, This thread has seen much better days, looks like we're the last good men/women/it/potatoes here. (No offense to the rest of you), perhaps we should start a revival of this thread.

Now, with this whole 'Team' thing in Brawl, what would be the most interesting team? I'd say Snake and Kirby.

Plus, I never got to see any of the movies in the Snake-a-palooza, could someone please discribe that to me?

EDIT: Never Mind. I found Snake Joins The Brawl! on YouTube. Did you notice that Homerun Bat and Mr. Saturn are back?

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
The screen of the DOJO just stays black, no video, it's a non-issue now, I just saw all of them on YouTube. By the way, it seems like we've found out a lot about Wario (and how much of an, ahem, pervert, ahem, Snake can be) But what exactly can we deduce from this?

Wario has a biting move that apparenly has some garlic induced after effects, I'd think it's like Lip's Stick.

Wario's Waft can be signaled by his stomach growing.

Yoshi is a he/she/it/potato, looks like Sheik's not the only one. Although Yoshi says he a guy.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Ay, This thread has seen much better days, looks like we're the last good men/women/it/potatoes here. (No offense to the rest of you), perhaps we should start a revival of this thread.
I try to offer a little information with the time that I'm given. Often this turns into me jumping in on someone elses conversation/argument.

I generally spend most of my forum time in this thread, though.

Now, with this whole 'Team' thing in Brawl, what would be the most interesting team? I'd say Snake and Kirby.
Cosmetically, you're pretty much spot-on. It'd either be Kirby/Snake, Pikachu/Samus, or Wario/Ike (to me, at least). Lucas/Bowser would be pretty neat, too.

Jigglypuff/Ridley, anyone?

Edit: I just thought of something pretty humorous regarding this.

Jigglypuff: Jiggly!
Ridley: . . . *groan* . . . say 'Jiggly!' one more time and I will personally see that your entire species, along with the rest of your pathetic world, are completely eradicated!
Jigglypuff: Whoa! Whoa . . . time out, now. I was just doing the whole 'Jiggly!' thing because I thought it was cute. You know? Jiggly?
Ridley: RAAAAAAAAAWWWWR! *Begins the extermination of Pokemon everywhere* You have set into motion the wrath of my order! The taint of the deaths of all cuddly, cute creatures will be on your hands!

. . . You will live, however. You will witness the events, the destruction, that you have caused, so that they remain on your conscience until you gouge your eyes from your sockets, and the taste of your own guilt is as bitter as the very name you carry!

Weird, I know. I just pictured it in my head, and it was hilarious.

Plus, I never got to see any of the movies in the Snake-a-palooza, could someone please discribe that to me?
I noticed in your edit that you had found the videos. There are a few interesting bits of information. More or less, the update really elaborates on his stage, but not much else in terms of the "character descriptions" (with exception to Wario). If anything, they are there mostly for comic relief, which can easily be assumed by the scenarios featuring Yoshi and Samus.

EDIT: Never Mind. I found Snake Joins The Brawl! on YouTube. Did you notice that Homerun Bat and Mr. Saturn are back?
How could they not be back? The Homerun bat is a staple item in the series, and Mr.Saturn is quite possibly the most annoying item in the game (next to the fan, of course).

Copperpot

Smash Ace
And the Hammer.
And the Starman.
And the expoding capsules.
Yeah, very true. I usually have those turned off, though. Our (meaning my friends' and my) general rule is that items are okay as long as they don't offer invincibility, super-easy KO's, or random death. Yeah, one could argue that the Homerun bat allows someone to instantly KO another player, but it's actually pretty difficult to hit someone with that particular attack. We usually just throw it around, due to the serious lag of the 'Homerun' part of the bat.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Wow, have not been here for a while.

Soo... first of all, like my image?

It's the current Brawl line-up. Conveniently made up to be aesthetically-pleasing as well as easy to add to for all franchises at the off-chance (or likely-chance) of more additions. I'll probably be using it as a guide some point in the future so its mine, all MINE, gorrit?

So, to summarise, just who do we have so far?

1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Bowser
4. Donkey Kong
5. Diddy Kong
6. Yoshi
7. Wario
8. Link
9. Zelda
10. Kirby
11. Meta Knight
12. Pikachu
13. Pokémon Trainer -- Squirtle / Ivysaur / Charizard
14. Fox
15 & 16. Samus / Zero Suit Samus
17. Ike
18. Lucas
19. Ice Climbers
20. Pit
21. Snake

Blimey mac-wimey! That's 21 character right there ready to go not to mention a couple of shoe-ins (who are much less clear than we realise). Now, let's do some simple arithemetic taking your guess of 40:

40 - 21 = 19

Nineteen characters left to be revealed? Are we really over half way there? Or is it even less than we thought.

Y'know what I think? I think it's more than we though. Scoff at me if you will but this is a culmination of Sakurai's efforts, he's been working at it for a very long time now and I really could see 45 characters in the final game. Overkill? Oh no, not at all... simply the best gift a Nintendo-gamer could have.

In theme with my optimism let's debunk a couple of debunkers and defeatist rumours.

#1 - The only Animal Crossing character left is the human character
WRONG!!!!!! C'mon, let's think out of the box here. Tom Nook and KK. Slider still have as larger chances as they ever did. Admittedly Mr. Ressetti has lost his chances being an Assist Trophy but Nook and Slider, despite appearing in the background still have good chances. Play the stage at 7pm on Saturday? Well, Sakurai's too excited to talk about it. Maybe it's something a little bit more than just listening to K.K Slider. Could it be the way to unlock him?

#2 - Miis are out because they can be avatars in wi-fi
Err... why? Seriously, though, they could be avatars as well as fighters y'know. Maybe those Miis in that great update were actually a hint that Miis were a character. It's actually what first came to mind when I saw it. Their avatars were amongst other characters in the game's profiles after all. There's still hope for a Jesus vs. Chuck Norris fight, yet.

#3 - There are only going to be 2 or 3 third party characters
Wiseguy now thinks there's only going to be one and I'll get to that in a second. Puh-lease, Sakurai may have said this but he said it before he'd even officially started developing the game and things can change. End of, stop using it as an excuse.

#4 - Snake is going to be the only third party character now
I'm guessing it's because Snake's getting this half-tongue in cheek, half-awesomeness treatment that you're all thinking this. Playing his stage with the man himself allows you to somehow access absolutely hillarious videos and how could any other character top that because Snake really is getting preferential treatment. Right? Wrong! There's absolutely nothing to suggest that Snake's the only third-party, expect to see some other megat0ns raise their heads BEFORE the game is released. Sonic's far too obvious (though he's probably in it too), let's think absolutely ingenius and bizarre, shall we?

#5 - Because Pokémon Trainer counts as three, there will be less Pokémon characters
Urk, I've always hated this. People hold a grudge against Pokémon and always claim that it takes up too many slots in Smash. In reality, Pokémon hold great potential as characters whether you like it or not. Five is a good and fair number (including Pokémon Trainer by the way not including his three Pokémon seperately) for one of Nintendo's best-selling franchises. Like it or not.

#6 - Sakurai's easy to predict
Oh no he's not!

My next post will involve retaliations to people's complaints towards my views as well as a full character list. Look forward to it!

Top Bottom