• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
This service is working well for me so far, especially since it was necessary to distinguish between the omnipresent Broletariat and the underachieving Brogeiosie.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I sent a PM for a name change a few days ago...before when i did it twice it took less than a day for it to happen.

Just checkin up with it >_>

edit: will it is Christmas, prolly away visiting fam or something. Ill just continue to wait, my bad

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Queen Killjoy's the one taking care of this, and she's a little busy irl right now.

It'll happen, you'll just have to wait.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I wasnt even complaining, i was just asking because i remember her saying that sometimes she misses some requests.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I move across the country in like, literally less than three days.
Y'all are gonna have to wait.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I wonder why so many people complain about Killjoy not changing their names?

She has more important things than this backwater site.
not to complain about anything but this is a really poor point. they pay for a name change and she is the administrator in charge of that. so what do you want them to do? its not like they're bothering anyone.

not to complain about anything but this is a really poor point. they pay for a name change and she is the administrator in charge of that. so what do you want them to do? its not like they're bothering anyone.
I'm saying it because she is busy. You may pay for it, but you really cannot expect someone to do something instantaneously once you tell them.

Besides, it's just to change a name, and unless it's something ridiculously funny or witty, then it isn't really important at all.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Sorry about any name change delays all. While Joy is going through the whole move thing if you want to pm me any name change requests you might have I will make sure to get them taken care of in the meantime.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I'm actually with access to the internet and even though cali is super ****** and I kind of don't want to do this, I'm going to.
So, after this post if I miss anything let me know.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
This isn't specifically on-topic, but I posted a thread in Forum Support over two or three weeks ago, and have yet to get a reply. Just whenever somebody can get to that I'd appreciate it. : )

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You pay to benefit the Smash community, and you get cool stuff as a bonus.

Or, you pay to get something like a name change, and the money going to the community is just something to help you feel as though it was worth it. Either way, the end result is far from useless.

not mattering is personal opinion.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Doesn't MLG own SWF now? So, don't they pay for/host the site? than what does the money actually go to o.o.

Just wondering

ndayday

BRoomer
"What will my money be used for?"
Our Goal is to filter the money back into the community. Be it smashboards projects, tournament sponsorship (bigger prizes, better venues, etc), or just things we think will help grow or improve our community in general. Expect more details in the coming weeks.

Once again, I just want to assure everyone that our goal with the premium membership is to provide some added value without taking away anything that makes our community great for all our non-paying members. As always, any feedback you guys have is welcomed and hopefully you are all as excited about this package as I am.
^This. It's in the OP.

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
I have two quick questions before I buy a premium membership.

Is the name change permanent or will it only last as long as your premium membership subscription lasts?

When the premium membership expires will it automatically bill my account and renew itself, or is this process done manually?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I have two quick questions before I buy a premium membership.

Is the name change permanent or will it only last as long as your premium membership subscription lasts?

When the premium membership expires will it automatically bill my account and renew itself, or is this process done manually?
The name change is permanent. The premie membership does not renew after it expires.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
So I went to order and picked my subscription plan, and got this:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Edit: Yeah I tried to go back to the original ordering page and it gives me the same thing.
Oh well, I don't even want it anymore.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
So I went to order and picked my subscription plan, and got this:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Edit: Yeah I tried to go back to the original ordering page and it gives me the same thing.
Oh well, I don't even want it anymore.
A screen cap would be nice here so I could possibly help you...

ndayday

BRoomer
Or you know, you could try informing an admin like it says. o___o

Suspect

Smash Hero
Name changes, custom titles, as high of a post count as you want, own room, ability to make polls, huge PM box, etc.

That's definitely worth it for 3 dollars.
majority of that stuff you can get on other boards for free

"as high of a post count as you want"

roflwut.

Matter of fact, other message boards also let you delete your own post and close threads for $free.99

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
"as high of a post count as you want"

roflwut.
I'm assuming that he was talking about the oodles of posts Premium members add to their PC in the Disco Room.
I honestly thought the price was pretty cheap.

I have a question about when my membership expires though - I have 300 or so messages in my inbox atm, and I'm wondering what will happen to the 230+ extra messages when my inbox size returns to 70.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I have a question about when my membership expires though - I have 300 or so messages in my inbox atm, and I'm wondering what will happen to the 230+ extra messages when my inbox size returns to 70.
Those 230+ PM's will stay there, but you're gonna have to delete them all if you want to receive any more messages.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Cool. I plan to re-subscribe anyway, just wanted to make sure they wouldn't disappear.

Top Bottom