• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Does anyone know if I have to buy membership just to make the first letter of my name capitalized? It annoys the **** outta me :<

Suspect

Smash Hero
i just thought of this, you guys should make some kind of rule in regards to people with name changes. If someone wants a name but the name is taken and that user has not been on in forever with few to 0 posts...yea, more for monies worth imo. Just happened to me and happen to a few others i know :/

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ask an admin about it. I was talking to one about it earlier and they said it would be alright deleting the old account (if it had 1 or 2 posts and the person hadn't been on in years). I ended up not needing it though.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I'm curious as to who you spoke to since we were told specifically not to do this.

Browny

Smash Hater
So i dont know if this has been suggest yet... But is there any chance of permium members being allowed animated avatars in the future? Obviously a size limit would exist :/

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
From what I have heard, it would cause too much stress on the database, or something along those lines.

Cross.

Smash Ace
just a quick question, if I get premuim and change my name, does it go back to what is was before after the premuim expires?(srry for the potentially ******* question lol, just want to be sure)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
From what I have heard, it would cause too much stress on the database, or something along those lines.
That or they're just annoying iirc.

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah when I consider how many active members + posts this site gets and the amount of png avatars/sigs and animated sigs... animated avatars for premi members only would be a drop in the ocean compared to what the database needs. I understand theyre annoying, thats a good enough reason if I can hear it from someone who makes the rules >_>

ndayday

BRoomer
Try the PRoom Q&A or the Disco Room Q&A.

:O

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
yeah when I consider how many active members + posts this site gets and the amount of png avatars/sigs and animated sigs... animated avatars for premi members only would be a drop in the ocean compared to what the database needs. I understand theyre annoying, thats a good enough reason if I can hear it from someone who makes the rules >_>
If it makes you feel any better, yes, it's mostly because they're annoying as sin.

* Duffy *

Smash Cadet
By being a member do you get to show your Signatures? Cuz I read you need to subscribe to show your Signatures.

I'm so becoming a member anyway as soon as I get home :D

Tamoo

Smash Master
Umm no you can show your signature by clicking 'show your signature' just under where you post and to the right (on the revolution view at least)

Also you have to bear in mind that you've posted enough characters to get your signature to show or something like that.

* Duffy *

Smash Cadet
Oh ok so now my Signature should be below...

(Sorry for the double post)

Ok, maybe this forum part doesn't allow Sigs...

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Normally, when your post is long enough or when you quote someone, it will show. However, in some forum sections, signatures are restricted.

Edit: Well I guess mine just shows because I'm awesome like that.

* Duffy *

Smash Cadet
Ok so if my post is long enough it might show the Sig.
Also I'm planning on getting a 6 month membership here, so it gives me all the time I need to learn SSBB hacking like textures, music and maybe even learning to make codes and my own programs.

I kinda already know how to make codes but I still need to be consistent, though the codes I make are MKW.
(Thanks for your help. :D)

ndayday

BRoomer
Just going to clarify so you don't get disappointed, but you don't need to buy a premium membership. You just get extra stuff for being one.

If you need help on getting around the forum (sounds like you're interested in the hacking aspect) then just shoot someone a PM. Most people are really willing to help people.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So uh, I just ordered 6 months premium, payed it with paypal, and paypal redirected me to SWF after this...

Should I now have premium, or will it be activated after the payment is out of the "pending till 15 februari" status?

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
So uh, I just ordered 6 months premium, payed it with paypal, and paypal redirected me to SWF after this...

Should I now have premium, or will it be activated after the payment is out of the "pending till 15 februari" status?
I got mine instantly after paying (i.e. about 25 minutes ago).
But checking the receipt it sent to my e-mail, I can't see any "pending till" notice (meaning that it was paid right away, I think). So I'm guessing you get it once MLG gets the money.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I got mine instantly after paying (i.e. about 25 minutes ago).
But checking the receipt it sent to my e-mail, I can't see any "pending till" notice (meaning that it was paid right away, I think). So I'm guessing you get it once MLG gets the money.
It's probably because I'm from europe D: ..

euros >_<

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
It's probably because I'm from europe D: ..

euros >_<
Last I checked, Finland is a part of Europe too. :p
The only reasonable excuse I can think of is that you're using a credit card. I have a debit and, like I said, it worked fine.
But I have no clue how credit card stuff actually works, so don't quote me on that.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last I checked, Finland is a part of Europe too. :p
The only reasonable excuse I can think of is that you're using a credit card. I have a debit and, like I said, it worked fine.
But I have no clue how credit card stuff actually works, so don't quote me on that.
Didn't see that o.o.

No, I didn't use credit card, just plain paypal. Still says pending till 15th :C.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Hmmm.... my membeship ends in under a month. Wondering if I should resubscribe........

Top Bottom