• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Would you purchase Premium Membership?

• Yes

Votes: 189 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 86 29.2%
  • I would only want to purchase a name change for $2.50

Votes: 20 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Yes, the *new* premium membership is just in the planning phase right now, as we determine the level of potential support for it. The old premium system has been dead now for quite some time.

Anyways, the numbers so far are looking good. If even a small percentage of the many thousands of members who view smashboards week after week subscribe, the program could be a success. MLG leaving Melee and Brawl off its roster took away some of the excitement and energy, but this would be a huge step towards bringing that level of organization and money back to Smash.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Money back.
I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at this little tidbit.

...*Must think of something to not get infracted*

I'm glad to hear that it mgiht be comnig back, thanks to the support, I would also likg to know when it might becoem available for purchase if it does.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Yes you should bring back premium membership, and 15 for a year is amazing.

But 3 name changes a month is a little silly. That should probably be limited to 1 per month if it does come back.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I did read it, but it doesn't mention the unavailability.It's not like there is an obvious place I could of looked to know that it was discontinued, I thought it was a bug. I would understand it if there were a sticky telling about it, but there isn't.

Anyways, I would buy a premium membership (if it were available).
Actually im pretty sure if you attempt to buy one it tells you that they are discontinued. Im pretty sure thats how I knew.

I wanted to get one even after I had already heard of their death.

Lets have ****ing responcible ppl

How about just 3 name changes. You can **** around for a bit change to someone else when u are discovered and then go back to your old self.

I dont want trash on the boards

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I only wish there was an alternative method in paying. My Paypal account likes to lock a lot and it gets annoying.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Last question, can you make polls on Premium Membership like the last one?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Will we be able to access it by going to http://www.smashboards.com/premium.php or will the address change? Also, only paypal payments accepted or will paypal just be one of the payment options. I have a bad experience with chargebacks on paypal, which is why I may soon stop using it, I kind of feel more comfortable just using my card number on trustworthy sites.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Will we be able to access it by going to http://www.smashboards.com/premium.php or will the address change? Also, only paypal payments accepted or will paypal just be one of the payment options. I have a bad experience with chargebacks on paypal, which is why I may soon stop using it, I kind of feel more comfortable just using my card number on trustworthy sites.
Agreed. Paypal has its scammy ways of taking peoples' money. They lock your account if it even LOOKS like someone else is using it. I can't take my money out and the only way to unlock it is by proof of mail address, which is an address I no longer stay at.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Agreed. Paypal has its scammy ways of taking peoples' money. They lock your account if it even LOOKS like someone else is using it. I can't take my money out and the only way to unlock it is by proof of mail address, which is an address I no longer stay at.
Man I been getting mine locked all the time. Safer maybe but I compare it more to windows vista annoying *** security center

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
YES, I would love a name change, since I've started going by 'wavedash' on other forums.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Animated sigs with a huge file size = annoying (c wut i did thar?)

A really restrictive limit on .gifs could solve the problem.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I think this is a cool idea to bring back.

The name changing and 10 peoples colors thing would be sweet.

You could ask users you like if they want a new color,great idea.

Yeah 15 bucks seems reasonable(even though MLG doesnt need the money,mods do!)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
It's not for MLG or the mods, its for SWF, who will in turn give it to people to add to the pot of their tourneys.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
What will the membership fees go towards?
The money from Premium Membership will go to sponsoring official SWF tournaments! Tournament directors will be able to apply to recieve support and prize money for their events.

We'd love to hear what you have to say about the idea, whether you love it or hate it, or have any suggestions that would make you more interested in supporting it.

Remember, your voice counts!
It seems like it would be kinda hard to steal in my opinion. I think it's a great idea, I mean, the money wouldn't really go any other place...unless I'm mistaken, of course.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
We will have a system to audit how the money is spent at any tournament that recieves a grant. Steps will also be taken to ensure that all tournaments recieving money follow standard rules and are efficiently run.

Cia

das kwl
We will have a system to audit how the money is spent at any tournament that recieves a grant. Steps will also be taken to ensure that all tournaments recieving money follow standard rules and are efficiently run.
^ i really love this idea. it's so cool to know that smashboards will be sponsoring tournaments. this reminds me of the MLG days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom