• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prac and Co Presents: TGMT2: Tabasco, Date pending...

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't know if I'm down for an average size tourney. I might come, but I'd definitely go if everyone was going. The first one was too good.

But I guess it's GA. I'll probably there, lol.

Prac352

Smash Lord
>___>

I prefer my five o' clock shadow, thank you very much.

And stop whining about the date? That's a pretty ******* thing to say, Prac. The people that are/were whining about the date had a blast at the last tourney ya'll held. It would be a shame to miss another because of something as stupid as the holidays.

I'll more than likely make it, but I was really looking forward to seeing some of the other OOSers/OOCers. Guess I'll try and rev the hype machine. Gotta do my part.

Smooth Criminal
First of all, that's not me you quoted. Secondly, stop whining about the date.

Dear those of you who are less than enthused about the date selection,
The date chosen for this tourney was chosen because it is the best time for the tourney mods to hold such an event. No date is going to please everybody but this is the best we can do right now. We know it's not ideal, but it will be amazing. The people that want to make it will find a way to get here and are encouraged to do just that.
I hope to see everybody that was at the last one and then some.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My bad, Prac. That was Ares I quoted.

But what I said still stands. I think it's a bad idea, but I'll do whatever I can to recruit people and bring myself (obviously). I had the time of my life at the last one and I feel that the second installment should be as great, if not better, than the last. The date is going to be a sore spot for many of those that attended before and might potentially discourage newcomers.

I'll stop complaining about it from here on out, guys. But that's just how I feel.

Edit: Now that I re-read that small little bit that Prac posted, I guess this IS the best you could do for us. We ARE grateful that you guys are holding it at all. We were just hoping that, just maybe, the dates could change. If this is what we get, then you're right: I should man up and do what I can to support it.

Smooth Criminal

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
For those of you who cannot make it to this one, Tipped Off 4 is going to be sometime in January, and it will be a 2 day event with housing. No showers, but I will offer to ferry people to and from my house to take some showers with me
i mean uh, showers.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Why is having a tournament when everyone is off from school a bad thing? Like Christmas is 4 days after this ends. The only people this sucks for are people who go to school in the area, but live far away and are going home for the break.

Begin close to Christmas is not a bad thing.

I will be there with a car full of Philly people. 4-5 depending on how many fatties I am taking.

Edit: Someone messaged me about housing and I totally deleted the message by accident and forget who sent it. Me = intelligent. Anyway, if that person sees this please get back to me.

GOTM

Smash Champion
**** your goin pakman?? i wish you were at event 52 i wanna see you **** nationally

edit: ill let you know if i can go but i doubt i can

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
For those of you who cannot make it to this one, Tipped Off 4 is going to be sometime in January, and it will be a 2 day event with housing. No showers, but I will offer to ferry people to and from my house to take some showers with me
i mean uh, showers.
I could see tipped off 4 having a bigger turnout because of the date i will be out of the town for the holidays but i will make sure that i make it to TO4 because of the fact its not by a big holiday

Lol.

Just move it later...

Or like I said,

COMBINE IT WITH TIPPED OFF 4!!!!!

oh snap
This kid is an effing genius he should be a friggin directer of smash tournaments :laugh:

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Why is having a tournament when everyone is off from school a bad thing? Like Christmas is 4 days after this ends. The only people this sucks for are people who go to school in the area, but live far away and are going home for the break.

Begin close to Christmas is not a bad thing.

I will be there with a car full of Philly people. 4-5 depending on how many fatties I am taking.

Edit: Someone messaged me about housing and I totally deleted the message by accident and forget who sent it. Me = intelligent. Anyway, if that person sees this please get back to me.
Thanks for the support XD

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I'm really not buying the excuses people are putting forward for not supposedly not attending this. Most of us are out of school at this time and as stated, the tournament ends 4 days prior to Christmas. Jews have no excuse. Kwanzaa celebrants, likewise.

Just seems like some individuals are just looking to coalesce around some flighty ground of defiance for no tangible reason other than to be pettily stubborn or non-conformist.

-Kye

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I'm really not buying the excuses people are putting forward for not supposedly not attending this. Most of us are out of school at this time and as stated, the tournament ends 4 days prior to Christmas. Jews have no excuse. Kwanzaa celebrants, likewise.

Just seems like some individuals are just looking to coalesce around some flighty ground of defiance for no tangible reason other than to be pettily stubborn or non-conformist.

-Kye
dont forget some of us our under 18 and what parents says goes.
also its holiday times and like soft says smash does not beat family
jews have no excuse get ya ***** here:laugh:
i still will try my best to make it and hope this has a good turnout although it will not be as big as the first one

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

-Kye
o.O;

Of course, Kye. We're cattle who have nothing better to do other than make ourselves feel better by protesting a date that is (potentially) very inconvenient.

You have to understand that it's not just religious purposes that people are citing here. People have FAMILY or FRIENDS that come in on the holidays, people they may or may not have seen for a while and want to spend time with while on their break. Some people (like myself) have a full-time job and working the holidays is crucial not only to their own benefit (bonuses and et cetera), but of the place of their work as well, where manpower is an absolute must (and if you've worked in retail, you'd know that the few days before Christmas are the busiest). Also, while it seems unlikely, some schools are still in around this time; I know the guys from Canada mentioned in passing that school was on and that there were a string of tests going occurring around the time of the tourney.

And finally there is Nicaboy's situation, with the 'rents. Lol.

I'm not trying to throw **** in your face, Kye, but some of these people do have valid concerns and I feel that they have a right to voice them. What's done is done, though; Ares and the other guys are not going to change their minds. Like I said, I'll try my hardest to be there and I'll hope for humongous turnout, though the latter seems unlikely due to scheduling.

Smooth Criminal

nicaboy

Smash Champion
o.O;

Of course, Kye. We're cattle who have nothing better to do other than make ourselves feel better by protesting a date that is (potentially) very inconvenient.

You have to understand that it's not just religious purposes that people are citing here. People have FAMILY or FRIENDS that come in on the holidays, people they may or may not have seen for a while and want to spend time with while on their break. Some people (like myself) have a full-time job and working the holidays is crucial not only to their own benefit (bonuses and et cetera), but of the place of their work as well, where manpower is an absolute must (and if you've worked in retail, you'd know that the few days before Christmas are the busiest). Also, while it seems unlikely, some schools are still in around this time; I know the guys from Canada mentioned in passing that school was on and that there were a string of tests going occurring around the time of the tourney.

I'm not trying to throw **** in your face, Kye, but some of these people do have valid concerns and I feel that they have a right to voice them. What's done is done, though; Ares and the other guys are not going to change their minds. Like I said, I'll try my hardest to be there and I'll hope for humongous turnout, though the latter seems unlikely due to scheduling.

Smooth Criminal
lol im 18 in november i can do as i please:laugh:
honestly though im probably visting family during the holidays i really wanna come though but its going to be tough.
edit we gotta sheik ditto dog i main sheik now. i still play peach of course but good god sheik is broken.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
o.O;

Smooth Criminal
Eh.

Trust me, I know there are a multitude of valid reasons for people not coming I just remain unconvinced. Particularly when I see people just posting "Date sucks, I'm not going", expecting us to make our own inferences as why they can't make it.

Maybe I'm just so disassociated from my own friends and family, the idea of having the entire last two weeks of December succumb to Holiday norms and values is non-compatible to my psyche.

In either case, I'm not so sure about this anymore. Its quite a distance, not to mention time and resources, for anything less than a large turnout.

-Kye

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
o.O;

Smooth Criminal
Friends have you even met this guy?

joke...quoting the dark knight >.>

SynikaL

Smash Lord
No reason for anyone to be intimidated by me. I just want the man to stay outta my business, keep the tummy filled with picnic baskets and stay smarter than the average bear.

-Yogi

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
No reason for anyone to be intimidated me. I just want the man to stay outta my business, keep the tummy filled with picnic baskets and stay smarter than the average bear.

-Yogi
Kye, you botched the quote.

It's "pic-a-nic baskets."

Lol. Christ on a cracker, I watch too many cartoons.

Smooth Criminal

Umby

Smash Master
The Greatest Melee Tournament Since The Greatest Melee Tournament Since Brawl Came Out.

We should even have to abbriviate the title, it's too awesome.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I'm in! GA ftw! Was so nice at the first one.. I need some more competition. =)

Will definitely try my best to come.

BISCUIT!!
If you can't make this one :(
there's always Tipped off 4 :)

also, I've always wondered why you're slade. You didn't seem like you wanted to kill your crewmates <_<

Life After Death

Smash Champion
dont think i can make this. my rides are backing out greyhound and palne tickets are too insanely overpriced cuz of the datees. sooo.... who said these dates were perfect again?

for real change the date i beg of u

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you can't make this one :(
there's always Tipped off 4 :)

also, I've always wondered why you're slade. You didn't seem like you wanted to kill your crewmates <_<
Because all the other Toronto players think I'm the one they need to defeat and they have yet to do so, that's why.

Edit: Ya I'm gonna take my payed days off for this tourney for sure, I'll come. =)

Spife

Smash Master
because people care about some North western mass nub, I'll be coming if I get a ride, I am not driving the distance and I only think Maine Hamshire Island will be vanning it so it depends on IF they go and IF they have space and IF they will take me.

The date is a little wonky, everyone being out of school is a plus, but I know I have family coming in a few days before christmas. Even if I got home on the 21st I'd be exhausted/burned out for a few days. Let alone getting back on the 22nd or later due to breaks. Sounds like johns but a 17 hour drive will probably kill me if the people I'm with don't first. I personally don't really care about being out of it for family but I don't know what the plans are and my parents aren't going to let me go if it comes down to getting in the way of family.

Prac352

Smash Lord
I'm contemplating a date change as of now. No promises though. Please bear with me.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
thanks for listing but as for how long you guys wanna hang out i dunno man but still i wish nothing but the best
looks too me like TO4 is gonna have a bigger turnout though

Top Bottom