• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
SR GFs, they were some decent games that deserve rewatching.

When I was controlling the match like I was supposed to then the match either stalemated or I could land hits and control him pretty well.

And when I lost I did not control any of the match because I was a noob or johns just ignore all WFs from forever LOL

Also now everyone can stop saying I say Falco sucks since I am arguing for him in a matchup k ok

And after saying all of this I'd like to add that I think Marth is easily better vs Peach than Falco is and have always thought so, but Falco doesn't get shut out and that's what I'm arguing against.

Curious to see what the people think of these points.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You mean I recovered well?

Yeah edgeguarding Falco isn't supposed to be free since he falls fast and Peach is slow and gets one turnip to help her(sometimes.) AR is just really good at figuring out recovery habits but I was trickier recovering at that time.

Falco is still much more likely to die in 1-3 first hits than Peach is in my experience but again he should also control neutral better.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
lmao none of the reasons for those tourneys I lose in WFs is the same it's freaking impossible to stop the curse sometimes!

but for real I'm trying to be extra conscious of winners bracket in the future and just start sweeping events. we'll see how it goes!

unknown522

Some guy
SR GFs, they were some decent games that deserve rewatching.

When I was controlling the match like I was supposed to then the match either stalemated or I could land hits and control him pretty well.

And when I lost I did not control any of the match because I was a noob or johns just ignore all WFs from forever LOL

Also now everyone can stop saying I say Falco sucks since I am arguing for him in a matchup k ok

And after saying all of this I'd like to add that I think Marth is easily better vs Peach than Falco is and have always thought so, but Falco doesn't get shut out and that's what I'm arguing against.

Curious to see what the people think of these points.
yeah, why not?

Voltz

Smash Journeyman
lmao none of the reasons for those tourneys I lose in WFs is the same it's freaking impossible to stop the curse sometimes!

but for real I'm trying to be extra conscious of winners bracket in the future and just start sweeping events. we'll see how it goes!
What curse?

Btw, Marth is better against Peach, but I believe it is still a winning MU for Falco.

:phone:

strawhats

Smash Master

Yeah edgeguarding Falco isn't supposed to be free since he falls fast and Peach is slow and gets one turnip to help her(sometimes.) AR is just really good at figuring out recovery habits but I was trickier recovering at that time.

Falco is still much more likely to die in 1-3 first hits than Peach is in my experience but again he should also control neutral better.
Hey PP, what do you think of the Falco/ICs MU after playing Trail at Apex?

Divinokage

Smash Legend

I dont think Armada ever dropped a turnip to edgeguard Marth which is what Vwins does and what I think Peach is supposed to do, he always threw the turnip down so it caused it to miss because the turnip fell down too fast. If he just dropped it even if you try to delay your recovery to the edge, youll likely get hit off it and die. I wonder why he wasnt doing that...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What curse?

I lose WFs of nearly every major I go to and then have to work really hard to win in GFs since I have to win 2 sets.

I mean granted it's largely a self-induced(stress, diet, sleeping schedule, practice, etc) curse but it's still there lol.

Hey PP, what do you think of the Falco/ICs MU after playing Trail at Apex?
I think I'm ******** LOL

But yeah I'd like to play Trail again and not expect him to move OOS immediately when I get close like Wobbles/sorta Chu does. My verdict is out on that matchup until I get to try it again.

Any chance it was recorded?

I dont think Armada ever dropped a turnip to edgeguard Marth which is what Vwins does and what I think Peach is supposed to do, he always threw the turnip down so it caused it to miss because the turnip fell down too fast. If he just dropped it even if you try to delay your recovery to the edge, youll likely get hit off it and die. I wonder why he wasnt doing that...
I don't know to be perfectly honest....I'm sure he's heard about it at some point. I think Z dropping the turnip will be less beneficial once in a while but largely it was confusing he did that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
f*** that scrub I was gonna wreck him next time anyway

why be sad when I could wreck everyone and tell him he's a nub and give him that "fire" or whatever he needs

(I decided I wasn't allowed to be sad about that any more today because being sad blows lol)

strawhats

Smash Master
not sure if your set with Trail was recorded PP, unless of course THE MAN aka Omnipresence aka "Eclipsing Binary" was there to capture the carnage.

Also do you think Trail/Fly play the MU best as ICs? Sorry if that was worded poorly.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Pretty sure Vwins learned it from Armada and it is pretty much a guaranteed trap to edgeguard Marth. Perhaps it was a heat of the moment thing, can't really blame either of you for things like that.

strawhats

Smash Master
that **** armada was doing where he would hit one turnip with another turnip to keep it fresh and as an extension of his edge guarding was kinda ridiculous. Im sure I've seen him do it against sheik's recovery on FD. (specifically against amsah) :( Armada

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
not sure if your set with Trail was recorded PP, unless of course THE MAN aka Omnipresence aka "Eclipsing Binary" was there to capture the carnage.

Also do you think Trail/Fly play the MU best as ICs? Sorry if that was worded poorly.
I haven't played Fly legitimately in singles yet so jury's out on that one too.

I can't even guess about it....there's hardly any personal experience for me to even go off of lol.

Pretty sure Vwins learned it from Armada and it is pretty much a guaranteed trap to edgeguard Marth. Perhaps it was a heat of the moment thing, can't really blame either of you for things like that.
Nah he would've done it if he thought it was optimal.

XIF popularized that edgeguard in his combo video in like 06 or 07 I'm pretty sure lol and then a lot of people like that WC peach that likes to hug me who I don't want namesearching did it too.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nah he would've done it if he thought it was optimal.

XIF popularized that edgeguard in his combo video in like 06 or 07 I'm pretty sure lol and then a lot of people like that WC peach that likes to hug me who I don't want namesearching did it too.
Strange, it would've definitely worked in some cases but from what I can remember he never did it or tried it.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
But seriously, the most hyped event was you vs Armada GF. I watched the livestream, and it was nerve-rackingly hyped.
Btw, why does the crowd chant "Stack it up?"

curious to know how this became a thing. Was someone randomly chanting this at a point and PP did extraordinarily well? Did PP work as a crate stacker ever?

SK919

Deal with it
comboing into uptilt and shine at low percents

so I need to know. It seems I run into a lot of situations where my opponent can shield after I hit him. I assume it's become I'm not fast falling correctly.

Are there hot spots from where you launch yourself that will give you clean hits? I think I have pretty poor approach spacing from playing low level people not sure though.

http://www.twitch.tv/furry_za/b/358268912 here's my falco playing against my friend. Hoping for some good combo tips. My current goal is to maximize damage

Bones0

Smash Legend
I had it narrowed down to these two possible meanings:
1. Making money ("stacks" being slang for money), and potentially being an offshoot of the phrase "Makin' dat money like Mew2King"
2. Falco "stacks" combos vertically when he pillars because from 0%, he does one low pillar, then he goes slightly higher, and it continues to go higher and higher (hence being stacked)

Like with all phrases, I'm sure these explanations make way more sense that what it is actually from.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I had it narrowed down to these two possible meanings:
1. Making money ("stacks" being slang for money), and potentially being an offshoot of the phrase "Makin' dat money like Mew2King"
2. Falco "stacks" combos vertically when he pillars because from 0%, he does one low pillar, then he goes slightly higher, and it continues to go higher and higher (hence being stacked)

Like with all phrases, I'm sure these explanations make way more sense that what it is actually from.
that's my thinking as well.

G

genkaku

I heard there was a story that had to do with fat people in a Denny's and a bag of oreos.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
So i practiced falco dittos a lot and have a lot of footage to share, soon.

I've been taking the axe approach to falco dittos. lots of counterattacking. if they have a laser out, put out a hitbox for them to think about. If you're at low %, crouch a lot, even run at them and dash cancel. WD shines as a counter attack the way Javi does, etc. It works so well, that I was beating the local players just by spamming technical skill. It's pretty absurd, and I started to practice it in other situations vs better players.

Gotta learn to fit in those options with my more consistent playstyle.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace

I've been taking the axe approach to falco dittos. lots of counterattacking. if they have a laser out, put out a hitbox for them to think about. If you're at low %, crouch a lot, even run at them and dash cancel. WD shines as a counter attack the way Javi does, etc. It works so well, that I was beating the local players just by spamming technical skill. It's pretty absurd, and I started to practice it in other situations vs better players.

interesting how you become more successful vs people in your state by emulating the play style of that state's top player. good stuff regardless :reverse:

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Emulating is a way to learn. Axe's Falco, when it's on is one of the best, second only to PP and Mango. He does things I never thought to do. No offence to west, but when I watch his videos, I'm like "Eh, seen it." because of my experiences with Forward/V3ctorman/Axe.

Typically I find myself studying PP, Mango, and Axe in different situations, but what I study the most, is myself. I should likely study my opponents more, but my preferred way to win is just to be the better player. The more consistent, the fewer my holes, the better my everything, the less I have to worry about my opponent.

http://www.twitch.tv/vmundimizuki/b/360064098 some Falco dittos. Later on is Marth/Fox/More dittos.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It has something to do with stacking catfish and being from NC
I think
I heard there was a story that had to do with fat people in a Denny's and a bag of oreos.
LMFAO

no the story is actually about neither of those things.

It's about this guy in line to get money from an ATM and then he has to save himself in conversation with 2 thug-looking African American gentlemen by telling them he's gotta "stack it up" in terms of money and he made it up on the spot but his conversation partners thought this phrase delightful so it became a thing.

There are rumors this continued to come from poker as well(possibly after that initial experience) because in Poker you stack up the chips as you do well. NC was playing poker around the time this phrase became popular.

The real reason the phrase caught on though was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpB6XWs7-c

that's definitely some axe stuff

counterattacking and forcing falco to reconsider his offense of course opens up your offense which is always great in the ditto when the offensive character is generally at pretty solid advantage.

Top Bottom