• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'll swap any day. Have fun in Jarrettsville, MD, where the population is exceeded by the number of double letters in the name. Fortunately, I'm walking distance from downtown Jarrettsville. Unfortunately, that means I'm also walking distance from the town limits.

Real talk though, all of MD/VA should just move into the same apartment complex. It shall be known as The Melee Motel. What a utopia.

Mahone

Smash Champion
lmfao mahone and twitch are cute

run it back mahone I remember how to play this game now
oh ****, u remember how to play now, this is gonna be tough... twitch, we better train up...

what are your thoughts on chillin btw? He did very well vs a top player who remembers how to play, so i was just curious

Mahone

Smash Champion
oh thats good man... good stuff

just remember to do ur memory exercises, yoga, meditate, drink ur oj, and whatever else u need to do to prepare for our match.

Tbh i kinda don't wanna do it anymore, u can just have the $20 man, use it for multivitamins

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I've been drinking it nearly every day for at least 6 years now.

That better not be the problem lmao.

(sleep schedule was part of the problem though!)

[don't ask why I'm awake now]

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
the reason that no one says "m2k called it" is because you say that every ****ing character is broken after you lose to them
ur stupid, this is 2008 I said this. First set vs olimar i lost was brood, i 3 stocked him then choked hardcore cuz idk how to get into olimar's space, but that was 2 years later almost.

ive said falco was better than fox in 2005 though. Even PC chris will back this statement up.

whitemountain123

Smash Cadet
i need some help figuring out how to continue comboing spacies at around ~45%, when dair stops autocomboing into shine.

In general, i try to send them off stage if I'm near an edge, or continue comboing for percent if I'm closer to the middle. I really like dair->uptilt->forward smash b/c it usually leads to an easy-ish edgeguard. I've also tried out things like dair or nair-->fsmash or dsmash and the unknown/raynex/zhu one hit uair to uptilt...

my problem is that I often miss the follow-up. It's hard for me to tell whether any of these things are guaranteed, and I'm just messing them up timing-wise or whether I'm supposed to wait and react to where they land/tech and then follow-up.

help appreciated

Bones0

Smash Legend
Single hit fair to fsmash and single hit uair to utilt are my personal favs. If you're by the ledge, you can also just dair them into the ground and react. If they miss the tech or tech in place, dsmash immediately. If they tech roll, you can dash attack -> bair for lower %s and fsmash for higher %s.

EWC

Smash Ace
Do you drink oj with pulp or without? Depending on the specifics of your metabolism, oj without pulp can cause fluctuations in your blood sugar level. Same goes for other fruit juices, and pretty much anything that has a lot of fructose with no fiber. Just sayin.

whitemountain123

Smash Cadet
Single hit fair to fsmash and single hit uair to utilt are my personal favs. If you're by the ledge, you can also just dair them into the ground and react. If they miss the tech or tech in place, dsmash immediately. If they tech roll, you can dash attack -> bair for lower %s and fsmash for higher %s.

thanks, yeah this kinda confirms some of my thoughts. i think the single hit fair (or reverse bair) to fsmash works at a bit higher percents too if you can get in the aerial in the first place

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
i need some help figuring out how to continue comboing spacies at around ~45%, when dair stops autocomboing into shine.

In general, i try to send them off stage if I'm near an edge, or continue comboing for percent if I'm closer to the middle. I really like dair->uptilt->forward smash b/c it usually leads to an easy-ish edgeguard. I've also tried out things like dair or nair-->fsmash or dsmash and the unknown/raynex/zhu one hit uair to uptilt...

my problem is that I often miss the follow-up. It's hard for me to tell whether any of these things are guaranteed, and I'm just messing them up timing-wise or whether I'm supposed to wait and react to where they land/tech and then follow-up.

help appreciated
Pushing the spacie towards the edge around/a little before that percent is good because you get to set up easier tech chase situations or edgeguards by doing so. Racking damage can also be good provided you end with a smash/Bair close to the edge or spike offstage. Spiking a spacie(or anyone really) into a platform makes tech chasing with a smash easy and sets up edgeguards(just be wary of edgecancels!).

^some general rules I use.

I think it's pretty important to observe the opponent's DI and choose combo options based on that. Do standard things like uptilt to Fsmash at 45%. Did they DI in on the Fsmash? This means they'll probably DI in next time you uptilt at 45%, so why not Nair/Fair/weak Bair combo? Set up the combos you want to use so that you know where the points people can DI out of them are and where you can keep tripping people up on their DI. Additionally, you should also work on combos that end with you in a very favorable position(opponent is shielding over you/loses their DJ/is offstage) if you can't kill them outright, because these are basically situations strongly in your favor and should help you finish your combos easier.

That's weird, I never knew first hit of Fair comboed into Fsmash lol. Neat.

Also, I'd rather Dair someone out of their tech roll if they tech roll into the middle of the stage so it can set up a smash/combo depending on %/conditioning.

Do you drink oj with pulp or without? Depending on the specifics of your metabolism, oj without pulp can cause fluctuations in your blood sugar level. Same goes for other fruit juices, and pretty much anything that has a lot of fructose with no fiber. Just sayin.
It varies actually, but usually without I think.

I don't...know specifics of my metabolism. Is it very serious? How would I find out these metabolism things?

kevin did you start drinking it every day since you acquired your name???

if so, lol.
At least a year before that actually. And I never thought of myself as "Dr Peepee" until I entered my first tournament in September of 07 lmao.

Lmao PP telling the ”how I got.my.name” story is awesome.

:phone:
shuddup buttfox

Except for the part where the front of bair has 10x less KB.
I've been playing with the front of Bair and gotten the strong hit too.

unknown522

Some guy
I use the strong hit of reverse b-air to kill/edgeguard sometimes.

Like when a spacie goes low and tries to up-b. I like to shine -> b-air if they are too low to d-air without killing myself.

vs marth and sheik too.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah I've gone way out there and realized where I was and had to "shine Bair to hurry up don't die" a few times lol.

I wouldn't know when to do it vs Marth but I could see it being good vs Sheik too for sure.

Bones0

Smash Legend
You can react to the side-B and FF down real quick. If they're too low to do that, they're too low to make it back onto the stage.

unknown522

Some guy
also, you know those percents where a character like marth or peach gets spiked, but then up-b you and nick you out of your firebird? (like 60% or so). I also like to b-air in those situations too. Though it may not always get the kill.

Top Bottom