• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PowerUp 2010 and Raging Storm: Ohio - Cincinnati, OH - May 28-30

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
HYPE THE WHOLE TOURNEY!!!!

HELL YES!!!

THIS TOURNEY IS GOING TO BE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

*drinks more hyperaid*

:bee:

Osirun

Smash Cadet
We're definitely going to be providing people with a good time. We'll be having all-weekend door prizes and the quicker we conclude the tournaments the quicker all of you can start casuals.

The whole event is shaping up to be a great weekend!

Osirun

Smash Cadet
Pre-register by going to the PowerUp Registration Page here. Choose your venue pass, and then choose the games you want to enter. Once they are added to the cart you check out using PayPal.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
GUYS LET'S HYPE THIS TOURNAMENT!!!!

MIDWEST COME ON OUT AND SUPPORT!!!

THIS TOURNAMENT IS GOING TO BE HELLA GDLK!!!

MAD VARIETY!!! AFFORDABLE RATES!!! SUPERB COMPETITION (for all games)!!!

Osirun

Smash Cadet
UPDATE: SSFIV Singles will be CAPPED AT 128 entrants. There will be no exceptions at the door, so pre-register now if you want to be 100% certain of your entry into SSFIV singles. Arcade Legends will also be CAPPING VENUE AT 140 people per day.

LAST MINUTE SCHEDULE CHANGE: Teams tournaments will now run AFTER singles on whichever day the singles tournament is held for that particular game. Registration will also be taken either after or during the singles tournament. You can still pre-reigster for teams tournaments online.

SSFIV 3v3 on Saturday
SSBB Doubles and Crew Battles on Saturday
GGAC 3v3 on Saturday

T6 3v3 on Sunday
SSBM Doubles and Crew Battles on Sunday
HDR 3v3 on Sunday

ALSO: Jackie Chan and Hokuto no Ken have been eliminated from the PU2010 lineup. We need to focus our attention on other games. Casuals may still run.

Osirun

Smash Cadet
Everything that would have been run on Friday will now be on Saturday/Sunday. Only casuals will run on Friday.

Anyone who wants to show early to register, drop in equipment for the weekend, or just hang out is highly encouraged to do so : )

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Well then in that case Osirun, I'd be down to run Jackie Chan: FOF and HNK on Friday if you want.

The more tournies the better is what I'd say.

I'm sure both tournaments won't take that long anyways.

Lemme know what's up.

Osirun

Smash Cadet
If you'd like to run them on Friday, Webster, that's extremely cool with me! They won't be on the official sign-up, but I'm sure some interested parties may be there on Friday. Feel free to start RS:OH side events on Friday as well. That's your show and I want it to get as much exposure over the weekend as possible : )

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Alright. Can I just add Jakie Chan and HNK to the Raging Storm list.

Regardless I'll get the ball rolling come May 28th. :)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
What will be ran on Friday then?
(If anything)
Brawl crew battle are gonna be on Friday apparantly. What crews though?

What's attendance lookin like for brawl? I saw Sago and the Gkais. Is this worth coming out to (a.k.a. >30 ppl for brawl)?

Osirun

Smash Cadet
Brawl turnout looks to be decent, but I can't be 100% one way or another. There has been little Brawl pre-registration. However, if you come that'll add one more person!

Crews are just whomever wishes to play. One "crew" against another. I believe they are pretty much crew money matches. Devildigimon suggested them and I'm excited to watch them.

Two weeks away everyone! We still need confirmed setups (pm me) and pre-registering is always recommended!

Osirun

Smash Cadet
Remember everyone, the more SSBB players show up (I'm talking 40-50+) I will guarantee a pot bonus for at least 1st place, if not 1st through 3rd. We still have some bonus money to throw around, and we're just waiting to see which players show up in enough numbers to claim it!

Also, online pre-registration ends TODAY, May 24th at midnight. I'll still accept in person pre-registration until Thursday if you can somehow get to me in person XD

Kel

Smash Master
I am currently scheduled to work this Saturday, but I might be able to change it for me to work 8:30-1. If I do this would I be able to make it in time for the tournament?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Also, online pre-registration ends TODAY, May 24th at midnight. I'll still accept in person pre-registration until Thursday if you can somehow get to me in person XD
So it's impossible to register on the spot Sunday? Well idk if I'm going but I'm not going to register until I'm sure.

Also yeay mvc2, and do you need controllers for the ps3 to play?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I see no one pre-registered for brawl on the pre-reg list and I even created an acct. and still wasn't able to pre-reg so.... ya.

Also, Shugo, remind me about the band "10 cents a dance" when we're driving to this. It was a funk/ska band I played in in high school, I think you'll like it.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
thats what i hate about con tourney thingies. the cap lvl or w/e is dumb.

and lmao ok ITT

Top Bottom