• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Not sure where to ask this but does anyone know who recorded my round 1 pool set with Amsah? It was recorded on the TV with the projector, I thought vgbootcamp was handling it but apparently they weren't.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Not sure where to ask this but does anyone know who recorded my round 1 pool set with Amsah? It was recorded on the TV with the projector, I thought vgbootcamp was handling it but apparently they weren't.
I'll have it up today or tomorrow

Shout outs:

1: Dr. PP - Good stuff as always. If you keep this winning streak up you'll be the bad guy pretty soon :cool: your personality is so likable though so I don't know if it's possible for you to have haters lol
2: Armada - good stuff getting over your bad match ups
3: HBox - you need to get some hater blockers
4: Axe - your pikachu is beautiful, I can see you winning a national with in the next year
5: Mew2king - don't be such a quitter
Plank - Good stuff on a great tournament as always
D1, Wife, D. Disciple and Prog - thank you guys so much for commentating all of the important matches. I really appreciate it and I'm sure the rest of the community appreciates it.
Redd - Thanks for setting up a little live stream so the folks at home could enjoy bracket goodness.

The Melee Guys who helped is bring our TVS to the Uhaul: Thank you so much!!! After the hotel forced us into that room we had to go up that incline to get our tvs to our uhaul. It would've taken us 2 to 3 hours to do it by ourselves and we would've been completely drained of all energy. Thank you again.

If I forgot anyone please forgive me

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Who could not, somewhere in their head, feel the gravity of the first line of that song if they watched the last few matches? I watched Kevin, the hope of NC/ATL South/America, beat Amsah, M2K, Hungrybox and Armada in a row. All of those names are larger than life in the Smash community; these are some of the best in the world. It was the changing of the guard.

I cannot believe that this tournament and that moment was so unbeliavably amazing and people are still talking about people singing. It was extremely hyped up, extremely nostalgic (like this community and this game) and if you were there, you know how much energy and love there was in the room; for the two people playing this game at the very highest level, for the people singing in front, beside and behind you, and most importantly, for Melee.

Love the people, love the game, love the memories (both new and old) and completely disregard anyone who's watching or telling you that there is a wrong or right way to do that.
Legendary post. Says everything I wanted to say and more. If PP and Armada were'nt the best at what they do, then the pressure of an insane crowd behind them would've crushed them a long time before they even got into brackets... If anything, that song was just fuel to their fire.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
The Melee Guys who helped is bring our TVS to the Uhaul: Thank you so much!!! After the hotel forced us into that room we had to go up that incline to get our tvs to our uhaul. It would've taken us 2 to 3 hours to do it by ourselves and we would've been completely drained of all energy. Thank you again.
I'm still sore from that! Also, it was so funny when the door started to close in slow motion as we were running up the ramp, haha. It was like an indiana jones moment, but we didn't make it XD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Why are people still talking about that song negatively? I wasn't there and I still haven't seen the vid but honestly, who the **** cares? Are you so arrogant that you think a bunch of people singing a song is going to make you look badly? To whom? Are you trying to impress the 40 year old losers in the street fighter community? You think a bunch of teenagers and 20 somethings singing a SONG is more embarassing than 30 and 40 year olds who exclude outsiders from their community? Get a ****ing grip. Everyone watched Pokemon when they were kids, EVERYONE. Would it have been less emarassing if they sang the DBZ opening? Or how about anything from the Wizard of Oz or Singin' in the Rain, cause those are "kids" movies with "kids" songs too eh?

Holy **** you people care too much about things that don't matter

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Pound too amazing. In my opinion it only had one major drawback: 3 days is not enough! There were a bunch of people I wanted to play and either I didn't have time or they didn't.

But for those I did play, much respect. There are too many people so I won't give individual shoutouts and have some people feeling left out, I'm including you all!

Special thanks to Zoro, though, for letting me stay with him and taking care of the accommodations for us. That was the most fun I've ever had rooming with anyone in any kind of event. It felt like we all knew each other forever from the start. Hurry and put those Action B videos up!

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Plank - Jon, you've outdone yourself again, can't thank you enough. Shame there won't be anymore =(.

Shroomed - Doc's down-b is OP. If there is a next time, I'm taking you out.

Armada - Your falcon sucks, especially in friendlies when you aren't trying. Your peach and YL....that's a different story =).

Axe - Curse your ledge camping pikachu in friendlies/not trying! I got baited =(.

Rockcrock/Kels - Ganon is the best character in the game. Jab > Shine.

Harriet - HoN!

Yeah! - Stick to Falco, even though you are from AZ, your falco is so much better than your G&W =).

Chillin - Major props for being a good sport in that teams match and 1v1ing my buddy's jiggs. Too good.

Idea - Hilarious 4 stocking Thumbs in 0:53 on Dreamland, very nice puff man.

Scar - I shoulda stuck to SC2.

MD/VA - Good ****.

JMU Smash - You guys are the best.

Anyone else I played in pools/friendlies - GG's!

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm of the oppinion that the song added that special something to the match.

D20

Smash Lord
Shout outs!

Dr. Peepee - Way to get the win for the US... in DC... on President's Day!
Armada - I hope you enjoyed your stay here in the states! Come back!
Swiftbass - Your commentary was soooo good! You had all those Young Link facts ready to go!
D1 + Prog + Wife - Love the commentary... very professional and insightful.
Vectorman + Redd - Nice job getting the live stream up and running.
Sanuzi - You can't quit Melee! Melee only quits you.
TheLake - Zelda all day!
Faab - I guess I got schooled... a little.
Renth - No games? I'm heartbroken.
Inui - Go play Brawl you scrub! I'm kidding (about the Brawl part).
Velocity - Good conversations as always... and a very close set.
HBox - Don't worry. Young Link is lame... we'll have to teach you the trick to beating him (like how to pick Fox).
The rest of the Pittsburgh guys - <3

Extra special thanks to Plank for hosting and to TheCape for helping out.

*Pound* VI

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
well i didn't attend, but shoutouts to teh_icy for the info dump thread, i was lurking there throughout most of the weekend on my phone, tried to join in but smashboardsmobile is wack on my mobile. I was hyped up just reading that stuff lol.

good job to Spife, M.Z, Kartel and Kyu Puff for represnting NE (Were there any others from NE? i don't remember)

Great job to V3ctorman for making it out of pools with yoshi. <3 Vman

Axe got 4th, he's moving up. great job.

Also Armada beating H-Box with Y Link... mind = blown

*goes to watch matches*

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Darius: Glad at least one person saw the point of that post.

Thumbs Way the **** Up: You are the business and you have the best name ever. Let's team/**** at the next National.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
No love for me :( I had fun in our Samus dittos full shoutouts tomorrow :)
Yo all those friendlies were fun as hell. You're mad cool, dawg.

If we could somehow put into song that our community is full of people who smell, don't get laid, act like little kids, and just don't have a mature demeanor in general, it'd sound like the pokemon theme song you all chose to sing in unison.

I'd like to think we don't all smell, some of us do get laid, we don't' all act like little kids, and we are capable of having a pretty mature demeanor..
I get laid while singing the Pokemon Theme Song, so I have no idea where you get any of that in your head.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Shoutouts!

Dart!: The double pichu friendlies where toooooo Fun my dude...nice meeting you

The Melee Players I went to go eat Mcdonalds with: nice chat

Hbox: <3

Crismas: <3333333333333333

Smith: My mans from NC...nice seeing you dude

Dr.PP: The Messiah...lol grand finals was just TOO good.

Emily: talked to you for like 3 seconds....lol nice meeting you.

Snap: I'd Beat.

thats all I have for now.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Genesis:

We stop everyone's matches and get everyone to turn their TV's up and play Dreamland at the same time until the cacophonous novelty wears off or we lose our minds.

Either way, it'll be a physical representation of the dreams you have when you fall asleep and wake up to that same song at any given tourney. I would be shocked if people have been to tourneys and not had this experience.

The King

Smash Ace
At Genesis we are going to require each and every participant to cos-play as the character they intend to enter in each tournament event. The two combatants will then roleplay-fight while in their respective costumes, and that is how the winner of each set will be determined. Counterpick stages will be allowed of course, but due to obvious restrictions there will be few stages to pick from. FD will be atop a nearby table, Green Greens will be in the grass outside the venue, and Mute City will be in the street which runs parallel to the venue.

Just want to give everyone a heads-up so you can begin sewing your *cough* battle armor *cough* early.

-King Out

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Wow what an amazing tournament! Shoutouts to all!

It was good seeing all of you awesome people again and i hope to make another big tourney soon. Catfish coming for #1 in teams next time :cool:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
just gonna get my reply into bseed real quick.

i dont think you even read my post bseed. you're aruging about something completely different than me. I'm getting on people who are offended by us singing because they're dumb enough to care about it because they think it affects them. you are aruging about how we are all silly for doing it and it was childish.

i didnt even read your post past the first few lines cause of how bad it was bro.

formulating my shout-outs

Pi

Smash Hero
yo
i failed :urg:
i'll step it up @ genesis

special shoutouts;

Dr. PeePee: It's too bad that we didn't get any matches, but most of the time I saw you training to win this thing so I can respect that, grats btw, you were playing spectactular, keep that focus and that drive, you deserve it man.

Lord HDL: always nice to talk to someone who views the game similarly to me, glad we could get some matches in, next time though I got you.

DJNintendo: I wish I could just watch you play vs people as samus, good **** man, she really is fun isn't she

Plank: My man...I'd like to give you a personal TY for hosting this tournament, it was my first and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't my most memorable OoS tournament. Good pools & $$ matches, I got you next time though :)

Mango: I get it now, that's cool, I'll try to just ignore all the **********s on the boards.

Zhu & Redd: thanks for the training matches

Project, Seibrik & his GF: Any time you need a room lmk,
-good **** Seib on 3rd but wtf why not first?!
-Project, uhhh how'd you not win ammmy bracket, but better question how did you not make bracket?! You're really rather good, we need to figure out what's stopping you from performing better

Phish-it, Vanz, KAOSTAR, Lovage, Eggm, Nando, No Cash, Vish(i think right? rohins friend?), Plank, Linguini : thanks for finding & asking me for the MM's, were definitely matches that I could learn from and I intend to take my money back the next time we meet

S2J & Yoshido: My apologies for not getting around to MMing even though you did find me, for whatever reasons, we'll do them in the future.

To everyone who had a MM with me and did not find me, wat?

HBox : I was rooting for you the whole way bro, hope the controller served you well, It'll be interesting to see how you handle this now though, I re-watched the matches and have formed my own opinions on them, but let's see how you hold it down at G2. I know you can win though.

Col Bol: okay, enough slacking, when I get a car I'm gonna be at your place every day so we can train.

VGBC: Ty for showing up and supporting our game

Rohins & IHSB: Let's do this again real soon.

Tect: Good ****, wish we had gotten to play more, but regardless those ganon challenges & item matches were 2good

Chu: Ty for the housing and the rides, man those G&W matches were SO HYPE, personally I hope that you do find the motivation to be the best again, but if not then I hope you at least can still have fun with the game, it really is an amazing game.

shoutout to all the people I had in my pool & all the people I played friendlies with
Sorry that ya'll had to play samus, d/w I'm maining roy now.

shoutouts to everyone I ate with @ BWW

Marth/Magician guy? Hit me up on aim, was nice talking with you

Divinokage

Smash Legend
At Genesis we are going to require each and every participant to cos-play as the character they intend to enter in each tournament event. The two combatants will then roleplay-fight while in their respective costumes, and that is how the winner of each set will be determined. Counterpick stages will be allowed of course, but due to obvious restrictions there will be few stages to pick from. FD will be atop a nearby table, Green Greens will be in the grass outside the venue, and Mute City will be in the street which runs parallel to the venue.

Just want to give everyone a heads-up so you can begin sewing your *cough* battle armor *cough* early.

-King Out
That won't be necessary for me.. =) I am Ganon after all already.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Amazing tourney. Shoutouts later maybe lol.

Vids of randoms later too, including random friendlies, pools, and other vids (that were on recording setups, but with crowd hype)

Wake

Smash Master

-King Out
Oh Lord the Peach players...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im sure they will have no problem with it

if im an ic's main do i have to bring a girl? bwahahah

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Well, I'll be eating tacobell exclusively at Genesis. Must ready my explosion butt.

On a side note...

THERE SURE IS A LOTTA BLACK SMASHERS AT POUND 5.

Linguini

Smash Master
Sickkkkkk tournament, thanks to plank for securing one of the best venues i've ever seen.

If you were in room 517 at any point; such good times! hahahahaha

Shouts to all the roomies and everyone I got crunk with. Best moment of the tournament was in the NC room, drunk arm wrestling +hype rock paper scissors

FUH DA BIEEEEEE!!!

Sadly, this is probably my last OOS tourney. Don't have time to put in the dedication to be a high-caliber player anymore, but it was fun while it lasted. I'll still play once in a while though.

Smash community is the ****, and I hope melee lives on!

HOLLA

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Shout-outs in no particular order:

Prog - <3<3<3 So glad we finally got to meet man. Your falcon is far more flashy than mine will ever be. <3<3<3 ATTENTION EVERYONE: PROG IS THE HOMIE.

DuckPimp - Same for you man, I'm glad we got those friendlies in. Keep it up play as many good people as you can, its the only way to get better with falcon.

Neko - <3 <3 Good to meet you, wish we could've played more.

Chred - You are goofy as **** my man. respect.

Thumbs - I say god damn. You are legit as ****. ATTN MELEE COMMUNITY: THUMBS IS THE GG7 OF THE EAST COAST.

Daniel - Good work in teams, we did bad but it was still fun. You're going to SMYM 12 right?

Pr0ject - <3 <3 <3 You're cool as ****. I knew you were a good dude from SWF, but I had no idea you would be as cool as you are man! <3<3

DeeZNutZ - Good to see you again man, MM @ SMYM 12.

ChivalRuse - <3<3<3 hearts!!! Joe my man! What do I even say other than I wish we could hang out more than once every 2 years! <3 <3 <3 CHIVALJOEEEEEEEEE <3

MacD - Like you said very respectable loses. you lost to 2 people who made top 5, you performed very well! Glad to see you again!

Col bol - You are infact too good. I'm glad I got to meet you. Keep at it man, you'll break through and **** millions of peoples minds.

Linguini - Rough round 3 pools, youre ****in great to my man.

Hbox - Heroic performance considering how sick you were. Not many people saw it, but I saw the guy sittin in the corner in the bathroom looking like he was gonna DIE like 30 minutes before brackets.

Scar - BOBBY <3 <3 <3 You are too much fun Scar. I'm sad we didn't play more, but I'll give you closer matches @ Genesis 2.

Oscar Love - You're just as big a badass as I remember. We'll definitely get that MM @ Genesis 2. I didn't actually play that much at all and sadly didn't play you at all :(:(:(

Mang0 - *belly poke* <3 <3 <3 I never actually saw you play live this time, i wanna learn about falcon from you. <3 <3 <3

s2j - People dont understand how good this guy is. I have full confidence in say this: s2j would tap given a second shot @ amsah. Rough bracket was rough. <3 <3 <3 <3 Johnny!

Hax - My man. You know I got nothing but love for you. Best Falcon Main right here folks. You don't make money at every national with a mediocre character if you aren't the mother ****ing ****. <3

Vro - <3 Man. I wish I didn't live 6 hours away from you. Always glad to meet a fellow falcon main, but its more than that my ***** vro! heart!

Dart - R3 Pools @ first OoR tourney, and its a mother ****ing national?! This guy will be a force to be reckoned with for every player from any region soon. Kels has said it more than once and its true: Dart will be the best player in the MW.

To everyone I didn't mention but met/played friendlies with:

I am sincerely glad to have met you. It's always nice to put faces to name. <3 Melee <3 You All.

Special Shout-out to Yayuhz for the pokemon theme song chant.

Special Shout-outs to the Scar/Hax/s2j for helping me learn alot about falcon and my game.

Mediocre shout-out to myself for starting the "time him out chant" during Armada vs Hbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom