• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
name searchers deserve to be frustrated

and nobody ever cares how 'good' you smell, it's only how 'not bad' you smell, and even that doesn't matter next to the ambience of a few hundred smashers

just make your peace with the fact that the thing is probably going to smell and move along

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
dam.. gotta get some money quick before price goes up again @_@
THIS is the reason why Pound should find a way to make it known to the larger public that the tourney is online-registration only, and that New Year's eve is the deadline! Barely any Brawl players check the Tournament Listings forum and just learn about tourneys by word of mouth... I don't doubt that a number of Melee players are on the same boat, either!

People and their lazy selves, I mean... Is it really that hard just coming into this forum and reading the first post? Geez.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
obviously you're preaching to the choir
I am actually spamming and upping my post count as we speak, by telling peeps to register online and that there's no 2nd chance after new year's eve. Gonna take a small break every now and then so that I don't get infracted for spamming. ;D

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
QFT they are cheaper but you get quality with cologne:)
Ok are we going to a smash event, or are we going on a date or to an interview?

Axe and Tag would suffice if you're going out with friends lol. And hey I'll have cologne on me too no worries there. But I'm not going to waste a bottle of Curve on people just because they smell bad lol.

When it comes to smellmegoods at a smash tourney, quality doesn't mean **** compared to quantity :p

Actually I think I'll text Axe and tell him we're talking about him in this thread :p
:link:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Anyone know if Darkrain is coming? I dont see his name on the list.

edit

speaking of Falcon

taking all $1-5 Falcon dittoes from Falcon Mains and other ppl if you sweet-talk me enough. Only if you let me record it and put it on youtube though.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Anyone know if Darkrain is coming? I dont see his name on the list.

edit

speaking of Falcon

taking all $1-5 Falcon dittoes from Falcon Mains and other ppl if you sweet-talk me enough. Only if you let me record it and put it on youtube though.
I'm sure you'll accept a Falcon ditto from me? =P

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Sure, Why not Kage. Only if you'll teach me some ganon stuff. Cause its fun only having to hit people 3 times and have them die.
Fox

Shine

Shine

Off the stage Shine

Grab Ledge

They Dead

Possibly one more shine for insult to injury

3 hit winner there :p

Or just do 3 well placed knees with falcon :p

EDIT: wow 100 posts until this thread reaches 10,000.

And yes my thread post count is OVER 9000!!! :p (just because someone was going to make the joke...)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
spraying a ton of axe is gross as ****
i remember in the locker room in high school so many people would spray that **** you could taste it.

This.

Also, anyone who is NOT in high school and uses Axe, needs to take the next step in personal hygiene (its targeted to 14-18 year olds, btw {Marketing degree coming out.... Im one of those dudes who can be like 'You know... interesting fact about' whatever product).

My recommendation: Nivea for men 3 in 1 (triple action?). I cant remember if that's the EXACT name. Its a body wash, shampoo, and (wait for it..... wait...wait)... shaving cream. Yes. Shaving cream. And it works phenomenally.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Fox

Shine

Shine

Off the stage Shine

Grab Ledge

They Dead

And yes my thread post count is OVER 9000!!! :p (just because someone was going to make the joke...)

Its funny that you mention that, I just made this video tonight. (Im the one getting shined spiked in all the clips except the last few)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC4TEn6JhOE

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
This.

Also, anyone who is NOT in high school and uses Axe, needs to take the next step in personal hygiene (its targeted to 14-18 year olds, btw {Marketing degree coming out.... Im one of those dudes who can be like 'You know... interesting fact about' whatever product).

My recommendation: Nivea for men 3 in 1 (triple action?). I cant remember if that's the EXACT name. Its a body wash, shampoo, and (wait for it..... wait...wait)... shaving cream. Yes. Shaving cream. And it works phenomenally.
What about people who are over 18, but physically look 16-18? Oooo, that's a tough one.

What would I do with shaving cream, anyway? I'm practically mustache-and-beardless. :lick:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
hey dull you should post a list of interesting facts about products

i'd be entertained
Ask, and ye shall receive. I'm only 35% sure that wasn't sarcasm... but I dun care.

The "re-released" Ford Mustangs (from like... the late 90's on) were marketed basically as: "A poor man's sports car". Essentially "We need poor folks, and richer folks who have poor taste in cars, and people who aren't near as rich as they'd like people to believe" to buy this.

Sugary cereal is always near the bottom shelves, while healthy cereal is at the top. Bottom = kid's eye view. Top = Adult eye view. The stuff in the center is generally "Name Brand" cereals, and cereal companies actually pay TONS of money for primo shelf space. (Well, so does every company).

Grocery stores use bigger carts to encourage more spending (since you are like: wow... my cart's full. I should probably put some back, or not buy anymore)

KFC's "Colonel's Recipe" is still a secret. 1/2 of it is prepared in one factory, 1/2 in another, and it is "put together" in a 3rd.

Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble once endorsed Winston Brand cigarettes.

All i can think of off the top of my head. Not necc product specific... but... interesting nonetheless. Marketers= Mind Controllers. Muahahaha.

On a relevant topic: Its good to know that a lot of "older" Melee players (circa 2005-and earlier) will be coming. I had no idea PC Chris and Wife and such were still even active.

"Subliminal Messaging" was first used in a movie theater where a dude spliced in "BUY COKE", "BUY POPCORN" into the movie reel, which lasted for a split-second, all throughout the movie. The guy said it was a success, but later admitted it was a hoax to get attention.

Producers try to condition customers to buy by using Pavlov's whole "ring the bell, elicit a response deal" see: ice cream jingles

Twin_A

Smash Champion
This.

Funny you mention that, I'm double majoring in Accounting and Marketing and I'm going to get my masters in Finance (don't judge...). I'll be graduating in May :D

Again something you should be able to relate to is that I was going for cost efficiency here. It gets the job done and is resonably cheap (mind you this is going to be something used on more than just me. Anyone who has BO that could kill a small elephant is getting Tagged).

Looking at the market I'm aiming for, 14-18 seems like a legitimate average. Actually the average is probably between 16-23, but Axe and/or Tag will suffice lol.

And getting a major in marketing is interesting. Anywhere you walk or any ad you see you begin to break it down and see how they go about the subliminal marketing and the less noticeable stuff lol.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Coke and Ford trucks spend millions just to get a spot in American Idol. Ford can't pay as much so they just get commercial space. Coke can afford the ad space, but why aren't you seeing any commercials in between? Next time you're watching the show, look what they're drinking (at all times)

EDIT: before I go back to my run I feel like posting more fun facts: the intensity of how businesses look at their target markets.

Before a product is even released (or even made), a company will look or pay someone to look at their target market. They look for anything and everything from age, sex, income, location, households, how much one area may practice holidays such as christmas, and more. They break down every aspect to find their specific market to sell and advertise to. You have most likely been a part of one of their surveys or searches just because you went out and bought one of their items or a competitors items.

And one more fun fact that all businesses KNOW: 80% of their sales come from 20% of their customers

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Funny you mention that, I'm double majoring in Accounting and Marketing and I'm going to get my masters in Finance (don't judge...). I'll be graduating in May :D

Again something you should be able to relate to is that I was going for cost efficiency here. It gets the job done and is resonably cheap (mind you this is going to be something used on more than just me. Anyone who has BO that could kill a small elephant is getting Tagged).

Looking at the market I'm aiming for, 14-18 seems like a legitimate average. Actually the average is probably between 16-23, but Axe and/or Tag will suffice lol.

And getting a major in marketing is interesting. Anywhere you walk or any ad you see you begin to break it down and see how they go about the subliminal marketing and the less noticeable stuff lol.
If cost efficiency is where you wanna go... get any number of off-brands. I've used them before in a pinch and they work just as well. Basically, the idea behind Axe is that younger people want to smell good, and want EVERYONE within a 5 mile radius to know they smell good, so as to attract people and whatknot. The thing with more "adult-oriented" stuff is they want to smell fresh, clean as opposed to "like____" Its about smelling good, when someone is close enough to smell, not screaming "HEY, I SMELL GREAT"

Also, good stuff on graduating in May. Its been a year since I got out w/ a BS in Marketing. Hope you have better luck finding a legit, field-related job than me. And yeah, I find myself watching commercials and things, and thinking "What are they trying to tell me?" lol.

edit:

And one more fun fact that all businesses KNOW: 80% of their sales come from 20% of their customers
That's the Pareto Principle, and applies to basically anything. 80% of the outcome can usually be attributed to 20% of the input. Its a "basic principle" in OM (operations management) stuff.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
That's the Pareto Principle, and applies to basically anything. 80% of the outcome can usually be attributed to 20% of the input. Its a "basic principle" in OM (operations management) stuff.
touche on the cost efficiency.

And yeah thats why I'm double majoring and going back for my masters. Given the current economy, finding a job is tricky (don't need to be a business major to know that one lol). Accounting majors are having a slightly easier time, but better safe than sorry lol.

And wow you really do know your stuff friend :D

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Fox

Shine

Shine

Off the stage Shine

Grab Ledge

They Dead

Booo, that's cheap tactics, it's not fun.

It's much more crowd pleasing, seeing a big ****er punch the **** out of someone and then he dies lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Before a product is even released (or even made), a company will look or pay someone to look at their target market. They look for anything and everything from age, sex, income, location, households, how much one area may practice holidays such as christmas, and more. They break down every aspect to find their specific market to sell and advertise to. You have most likely been a part of one of their surveys or searches just because you went out and bought one of their items or a competitors items.:

Theres a place in my mall that all the people do is find people from specific demographics and pay them to take surveys, 5 bucks apiece.

I saw the latest pepsi can design like 6 months before it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom