• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4: The Ryan Roberts Memorial Douglas J. Falcon Championship Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Conception and Strategy
This should definitely go down at some point in history and Pound4 seems like the place do it. I'm going to need Plank's approval but I don't think that should be too hard. The videos will be recorded for all to enjoy, though I'm not sure anyone would want to watch like close to 100 falcon dittos in a row.

The idea is to take one TV out of the venue, maybe a smaller one if Plank doesn't want to take a nice tourney TV from a side event.

Entry Fee
Entry is $5.

The Tournament
Ryu Suzuaku: Apprentice to Captain Falcon
-Kage
-Vro
-Dr. PeePee
-I.B
-Big D
-L0zR
-Don Hudson
-Dark Hart
-Toasty
-ThumbsWayUp
-Reneblade
-ChRed2AKrisp
-Trail
-hungrybox
-Linguini
-TRC
-@ction Basterd
-TheIrishMafia
-4% APR
-iamthemicrowave
-ChiboSempai
-Spife
-Sanuzi
-Nakamaru
-taki bousozima
-milkmanjb
-DOSv
-SwiftBass
-Luigi Ka-Master
-Silent Wolf
-tubes
-Vist

Your journey begins here. Anyone who hopes to obtain the title of Captain Falcon must start as an apprentice. Most of you will be a waste of time. 4 of you will go on. Saturday morning, a Ryu Suzuaku Bracket will run. This will be a single-elimination bracket, with top 4 advancing to the level of Blood Falcon.

Blood Falcon: Rival to Captain Falcon
-G-Regulate
-to be determined
-to be determined
-to be determined
-to be determined

G-Regulate has been auto-promoted to Blood Falcon but has not been confirmed as Captain Falcon at this point. This is not to be interpreted as slighting his skill or his contributions to the Falcon community, his past accomplishments forever have earned him a place in the hall of fame. G-Reg also will not take it as such because he is so good it hurts.

G-Regulate will test his own will and confirm the skill of the newly appointed Blood Falcon. He will endure a Mortal Kombat-style tournament where he faces the top 4 Ryu Suzuaku winners from 4th to 1st in back-to-back Bo3 sets to determine his seeding. Since in single elimination the winners are 1/2/3/3/5/5/5/5 etc, G-Reg will only have to beat one of the 3rd place Blood Falcon to advance to the Captain Falcon Bracket. If he beats both Blood Falcon, the one with the better set count will be promoted to Captain Falcon. If set count is even, the honor of Captain Falcon will be decided by decibel.

Captain Falcon: Paragon of Justice
-Darkrain
-to be determined
-Scar
-to be determined
-SilentSpectre
-to be determined
-Hax
-to be determined

The Captain Falcon Tournament will run Saturday night. The Captain Falcon bracket is to be a double-elimination bracket. Scar, Hax$, SilentSpectre, and Darkrain are first seeds in this bracket.

Stage List
Stage list will include Standard and Counterpick, which I think should be up for discussion. My initial list:

Standard
FD
DL64
BF

Counterpick
YS
PS

Non-Legal but Encouraged to be Agreed Upon
FoD
Rainbow Cruise
Flatzone
Termina

Notes
If Isaiah attends *Pound* 4 and wants to participate, he and G-Regulate will also be auto-seeded and only the top 2 Ryu Suzuaku will advance to the final bracket.

I haven't finalized the paystructure yet but I think that in this type of tournament, winner takes all. 50% of the proceeds will go to the NES_n00b fund.

Everyone who is interested in signing up, I will be taking registration in advance. It's only $5 and we should be seeing some high-caliber falcons join the Ryu Suzuaku Tournament.

Since the ultimate goal is to have a competition between myself, SS, Darkrain, Hax$, G-Regulate, and Isaiah, I think that discouraging players like Mango and M2K from joining would be ideal. TBD by popular opinion.

noodles

Smash Champion
This sounds awesome. Someone tried it before but i dont think any of the better falcon mains went

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
When I first heard of this, I had thought one of the purposes (besides determining the ultimate Falcon ruler of the universe) was to allow people to actually play their beloved childhood Falcon idols. If Scar/Hax/SS/Darkrain will not be participating in the Ryu Suzuaku bracket... boooooo

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'd be happy to join to support Nesnoob in someway.

And I'm definitely going to try this, Kage with Falcon? WHAT? =P

Scar did you talk about it with SS, darkrain already about this tourney?

Scar

#HarveyDent
@ juggleguy that's what moneymatches are for

if we were in the bracket then we'd only probably play 50% of the entrants anyways =/

again, TBD by popular opinion

@kage yes, all 4 of us will be participating

darkrain because he said so, me because i want to, hax because i'm fairly certain he thinks he's going to win and it's easy money, SS because he doesn't care either way

Scar

#HarveyDent
oh **** actually jiano will be there he's just unregistered and not entering anything

i bet i can get him to join

**** this might end up being

scar
darkrain
hax
ss
isai
g-reg
jiano
angelobangelo

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I would play... If I didn't have the most embarrassingly bad falcon in existence (coming from a player with limited rep, this says something). I definitely wanna watch this, looks like it will be amazing.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Since the ultimate goal is to have a competition between myself, SS, Darkrain, Hax$, G-Regulate, and Isaiah, I think that discouraging players like Mango and M2K from joining would be ideal. TBD by popular opinion.
daaamn you guys scared?

i vote to let mango and m2k enter if they want

even though i don't actually want to see mango's ugly *** falcon

Scar

#HarveyDent
im not any more scared of mango than i am hax ss and darkrain i just think it would be lame for a lot of players if someone like mango just ripped through the amateur and pro bracket

anyways kage that's probably not going to happen, i really don't think isai is going to show up and idk if jiano would even be interested

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'd like to do this if any of you guys care. My Falcon beats LoZR's in dittos consistently. =)
Edit: LoZR's Falcon would be **** in this though.

Hax might back me up about my Falcon in dittos as well. We played some at RoM2 and I have a MM with him recorded. He has controller johns for that MM I think.

I mean, if you guys don't want me entering because I'm not a Falcon main, then I'm cool with that. I'd really like to do this though just because it looks like fun.

Scar

#HarveyDent
plank you can MM the winner, if you win you get 1/4 of the pot

you can be like shao kahn

also @ PP everyone who aspires to be Captain Falcon is Ryu Suzuaku, so everyone qualifies.

plank im leaving one of my TVs in the car if you won't let me do this btw

sauc3

Smash Lord
not entirely sure how this **** works, no offense scar but you did a horribly job explaining wtf is happening. Although i like the idea of the 4-6 top falcons competing. Anyone care to explain the format, without the use of captain falcon, ryu suzuaku, or mortal combat references. (i understand its only falcon)

also, anyone think we should retire NES n00bs color? Red falcon shouldn't be used in tourneys anymore, like how 99 isn't used on hockey jerseys anymore. Would be mad respect.

Scar

#HarveyDent
not entirely sure how this **** works, no offense scar but you did a horribly job explaining wtf is happening. Although i like the idea of the 4-6 top falcons competing. Anyone care to explain the format, without the use of captain falcon, ryu suzuaku, or mortal combat references. (i understand its only falcon)
jesus christ

day 1 there's an amateur bracket for whoever wants to enter, it's $5

double elimination bracket

top 4 advance

1st place
2nd place
3rd place
4th place

then after that g-reg plays the 4th place winner
if he wins he plays 3rd place winner
if he wins he plays the 2nd place winner
if he wins he plays the 1st place winner

depending on who he beats, he gets whatever that person's seed was, everyone he beats drops down one rank, so he basically wins whatever place that was in the amateur bracket

the final 4, including g-reg (or not including him if he loses round 1) end up in the pro bracket

so it'll be those 4 and me darkrain ss and hax in the final 8-man double-elimination bracket on sunday

WHAT THE **** IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT

Scar

#HarveyDent
also sorry guys i'm gonna say that this is tentatively a single-elim bracket on saturday bc double will take at least 3-4x as long

i'd say more than 8 players goes to a single elim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom