• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4: The Ryan Roberts Memorial Douglas J. Falcon Championship Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

#HarveyDent
some people want to retire red falcon in memory of nes n00b

i think it would be nice if it could be implemented but it can't so it's just gonna be one or two people yelling at everyone who plays red falcon

also he played default a lot too

aside from this red falcon is acceptable at all levels of competition, the titles refer to player status not character selection

4% APR

Smash Champion
some people want to retire red falcon in memory of nes n00b

i think it would be nice if it could be implemented but it can't so it's just gonna be one or two people yelling at everyone who plays red falcon

also he played default a lot too

aside from this red falcon is acceptable at all levels of competition, the titles refer to player status not character selection
i think it would be pretty legit to retire red falcon all together. I'll just go with default then

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
N00b played pink and neutral more than red.

Its just the mountain combo was in red, and thats one of the lasting images we will have of him.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i mean i never use red anyways so i dont really care but i think it would be totally stupid if someone picks red falcon and people are like wow you don't care about n00b?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I don't play this game anymore but this dude is apart of the smash community. If theres a fund I'll give some money plus enter the tournament.

pockyD

Smash Legend
this is going to come across as incredibly insensitive and oafish but i'm really just curious and don't mean any disrespect...

why are we giving his family money? are they poor-ish and he was their sole provider or something?

if a relative of mine died and people were trying to hand me money thinking it would console me, i'd frankly probably get mad about it, unless i really really needed the money

if they really are poor and in dire straits because of his death then i apologize for appearing to be a giant d-bag

Sanu

Smash Champion
Is there any more room for another Falcon to enter? I definitely want in on this.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
who wants to do the recording? I can, unlike the SS videos these will go fast because my new recording software is like 10x faster than the previous one, and I could edit them all sexy like.

Scar

#HarveyDent
no wtf where did that come from

p.s. my favorite part of this tournament is that if g-reg beats both 3rd place winners and the set count is a tie i'm going to call out those players's names and whoever gets more cheers goes on

YOU GOT THIS GREG

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah that rule is only fair because it cant be between g reg and someone else, he would win no matter what otherwise

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Donate it to the Ole Miss Fund, thats what his mom wanted whenever it happened, i doubt that has changed.

chred, without knowing anything about you(other than you're better than me), i say we have some kind of competion to see who gets to record this. I'll do falcon dittoes, but i know Ill lose.

Chess? Some other character ditto???

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I like Captain Falcon!

"Show me ur skillz!" lol

I want to enter!

-Emma Watson's boyfriend

Foy

Smash Champion
Hope there are so many epic knees that take place and falcon punches galore so i can get a massive woody

pockyD

Smash Legend
scar's not even going to be there til saturday, pound4 doesn't start til saturday, etc.

it's happening saturday (at the earliest)

Sox

Smash Journeyman
I like this idea. Do i have to commit to this now? I am amazingly low on money and am not sure if i'll have enough, but if i end up finding $5 i'd enter.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
this is going to come across as incredibly insensitive and oafish but i'm really just curious and don't mean any disrespect...

why are we giving his family money? are they poor-ish and he was their sole provider or something?

if a relative of mine died and people were trying to hand me money thinking it would console me, i'd frankly probably get mad about it, unless i really really needed the money

if they really are poor and in dire straits because of his death then i apologize for appearing to be a giant d-bag
Nah that's a legit question. I can't claim to know any details of their financial situation, but there is a scholarship fund set up in his honor, so if people are compelled to financially support anything out of grief, empathy, sympathy, or kindness, then that would be it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
darkrain because he said so, me because i want to, hax because i'm fairly certain he thinks he's going to win and it's easy money, SS because he doesn't care either way
First of all this is one of the best ideas you have ever had Scar.

Second of all, I think this should be FD only. Seriously.

Thirdly, the "Captain Falcon" champ bracket should be best of 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom