• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*pound 3* random stuff thread, mods can close this if u want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliq

Smash Master
ROFL @ sliq. that crew battle was the biggest fluke in smash history.

if you guys ever want to rematch i'll put any amount of money on us winning

...I'm sure things could have really gone any way depending on the order of players sent in/counterpicks/etc with so many talented players.
It could have, but didn't, and that is all that matters.

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah, I'm not really trying to take away from the MW victory over H2YL, but people don't really realize what actually goes on in crew battles or what could happen. I guess that just sort of goes back to whatever happens happens, though.

But yeah... Jiano ***** chillin extra hard. No johns.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dk (To be confirmed)
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Zelda
Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Yoshi
Kirby
Mewtwo
Pichu

Banks

Smash Hero
there are luigi link and DK mains that are good, take them out. no one plays the other characters becuz they suk m i rite lulz epic lulz

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Low tier at Pound 3 isn't including Link and Luigi.
because luigi is soooo meannnn!!!! D: I'd rather play a good marth/fox/peach than a good luigi.

lolz, but i am sooo coming to this. 100%%%% no johns i will be there :chuckle::chuckle:

cant wait to see everyone again!!!! <33333333333333333333333333

OTRU...

Smash Champion
so whats the whole point of having low tier tourney if you're gonna ban some of the best low tier characters, i understand that there are people who are really good with them (ka master, bum, others...) but IMO thats not a good reason, just my 2 cents, what do you guys think?

crews instead of low tier would be sweet

GOTM

Smash Champion
i dont get why they need to be removed. i mean, low tier mains really cant succeed to a huge extent in normal singles events, and the few that choose to main either link, luigi, or DK, get really good with a lot of practice, and then there told they cant compete in the one event where they might shine???

i get how some people have proven some low tier characters that maybe their tier is underrated, but the current tier list still states it...and they should be allowed. i main fox, so this is not biased at all. lol.

i just dont like the idea of some people training there ***** off just to get a name for themselves, and they keep getting there ases wooped in singles going up against a majority of high and top tier characters, and then theres a low tier event and they still arent given an oppurtunity....kind of weird if you ask me. not my tourney though...

/rant

Cort

Apple Head
It's because the tier list hasn't been updated in nearly 2 years. Your rants are all pretty groundless.

GOTM

Smash Champion
It's because the tier list hasn't been updated in nearly 2 years.
yeah i do get that and i understand that maybe those characters shouldnt be low tier. but...they are...right?

the irony of having a low tier tourney and banning 3 low tier characters is just weird to me. if the tier list is honestly that terribly outdated, there shouldnt even be a low tier tournament.

Cort

Apple Head
That's because you don't really understand. From Tope's post, he listed the characters in low tier + bottom, which would make for a good low tier tourny. It's just that including Link/Luigi/DK would be really lame considering 80% of the entrants would enter as one of these characters. The current tier list is pretty outdated, and I'm almost 100% sure those 3 characters are going to make it out of the "low tier" anyway.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
none of the events are set in stone right now, and the date isnt even confirmed yet 100% and people are already *****ing

good **** *******

GOTM

Smash Champion
lol, nah i mean i get it and all, im just saying...just a different point of view i guess.

but then again, whats the percentage of people that play fox, marth, sheik in singles?

ahhhh...w/e

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Plank - Once a date and events are set, you should create another thread Plank. Then get Tope to ban spamming. Kits to'goot.

Everyone should relax. If you went to Pound II, you know you'll be satisified at Pound III regardless of what's occuring (because what is occuring is clearly immaculate).

*Imagines getting 3 KM pounds.* :urg:

Cia

das kwl
I could see removing link.. and maybe luigi, but I don't think should be taken out of low tiers.. there are other low tier characters that do really well against him.. (and like bowser, I <3 0 to X'ing dks :D)

Eplox88

Smash Journeyman
**** low tiers, stop being lames

2 stock MM anyone else? I get 4 stock and you get 2, offer still valid to anyone

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What the hell.. banning characters in low tier? Might as well just ban Fox, Falco and Sheik in regular tournaments yes?

Soft, I may want to team with you. Ganon/Puff is pretty good =P

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
They're only banning them because they don't agree with the tier list. That DK, Link and Luigi should NOT be low tier, thus out of the low tier tourney.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
it makes perfect sense...it's like how marth was the best for a long time, then people figured out how awesome sheik is...and then people mastered space animals...tier lists keep changing as people are getting better with certain characters. I'm bad with words, but you know what i mean..

g-regulate

Smash Hero
H2YL needs to work on that strategy a little more, and I'm sure things could have really gone any way depending on the order of players sent in/counterpicks/etc with so many talented players.
actually, i think Jiano just went on an unstoppable **** spree. these things happen with c. falcon

HAT

Smash Ace
i mean, it seriously was the biggest fluke ever. look at the singles placings of people in our crew:

1. azen
2. chu
7. chillin
17. doll

and i have no clue where any of the midwest people ranked, but it wasn't in the top 16.
quoted for being the only relevant post in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom