• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*pound 3* random stuff thread, mods can close this if u want

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Luigi, DK, and Link should be allowed. I read the arguments, and I don't see enough proof to make them banned. If the tier list is outdated, then that's the fault of whoever is running that list. You shouldn't be able to just spring it on people out of no where right near the tournament that they can't be used. People main these characters, and they already have a hard enough time in regular tournaments, and it's because they are low tier. Obviously skill plays a big role here, but take a pro like M2K, have him play Falcon then Luigi. I didn't choose his main (or past mains) for this example, and his Falcon would be soo much better than his Luigi (sorry if I'm wrong and M2K did train with Luigi at some point).

There should be a rule that when tournaments have rules that refer back to something like a tier list, it has to be from a certain date, not counting revisions so close to the date of the tourney. When things like tier lists are changed, they need at least some time to sink in to regular play and tournament rules. I understand it's Team Arlington's final decision to whether they are included or not, but I'm just throwing my thoughts on the topic out being a tournament organizer myself, and since so many others have.

It kind of reminds me of the cigarette laws in New Jersey (didn't effect me though, I'm not a smoker), they changed the age from 18 to 19. Everyone who was 18 before the new law went into effect and was able to buy cigs got them no problem, but when the law went into effect and they were still 18, they could no longer buy them, taking away the privelage they once had. There have been plenty of other laws however in the US, specifically ones dealing with driving licenses, that when the legal age for something is changed, it won't go into effect for people who would have had their rights changed one day to the next thanks to the law, and only effects the new people.

Perhaps the example is a little too off topic, but I think the correlation isn't too hard to see. When laws change (or tier lists in this situation), they need time to adjust and go into effect. We have a great community here at smashboards, in fact it's the biggest smash community. We have tons of great moderators who work their ***** off on this site, so I don't see how something so important like a tier list could be neglected. Perhaps it's been this way for two years because this is what the tier actually is, and should be. Although I still think Marth should be top tier haha.

why would luigi be in it? LOL
the tier list is NOT correct. he is NOT low tier. besides, plank alrady said no, way to write an essay no one read.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
i did not want to read that whole thing at all.

so i didn't

let's talk about how bad west coast is

kiwiii

Smash Lord
falcon vs sheik? >_> *needles* LMFAOOOO get owned!!

i thought it was funny, dazwa.
but not really.
and hay, ur avatar makes u look liek a hom0

kiwiii

Smash Lord
no wai, dazwa sux

banks c>'='c> is too good
that's a crab btw
that i made up
had nothing to do with banks' creativity at all ^_^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Your opinion doesn't matter on this subject. A tourney host can do whatever he/she wants.
Before you start picking out lines from my post and talking about them, how bout you read my entire post... I also said:

I understand it's Team Arlington's final decision to whether they are included or not, but I'm just throwing my thoughts on the topic out being a tournament organizer myself, and since so many others have.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
otter, you're a liar ;_;

OttoB123 (8:41:33 PM): i like the flower
OttoB123 (8:41:34 PM): so
kusakusaKIWI (8:41:34 PM): ****IT
OttoB123 (8:41:36 PM): its mine now too
kusakusaKIWI (8:41:38 PM): ...WOW
kusakusaKIWI (8:41:42 PM): wow otter
kusakusaKIWI (8:41:46 PM): no
kusakusaKIWI (8:41:47 PM): x_x
OttoB123 (8:41:50 PM): lunin has it
kusakusaKIWI (8:41:52 PM): yeah
OttoB123 (8:41:53 PM): hes my idol
OttoB123 (8:41:55 PM): so imust get it
kusakusaKIWI (8:41:56 PM): it's lunin's and mine
kusakusaKIWI (8:41:58 PM): WHAT A ****ING JOHN
kusakusaKIWI (8:41:59 PM): DONT YOU DARE
kusakusaKIWI (8:42:00 PM): x_x
OttoB123 (8:42:01 PM): LOL
OttoB123 (8:42:09 PM): haha
OttoB123 (8:42:11 PM): i wont
OttoB123 (8:42:14 PM): id have to look for it
kusakusaKIWI (8:42:16 PM): LOL yeah
OttoB123 (8:42:17 PM): through like 20 pages
kusakusaKIWI (8:42:18 PM): good ****
OttoB123 (8:47:46 PM): yea
OttoB123 (8:47:51 PM): =)

Repryx

Smash Champion
Too bad squirtle is.....Maybe I shouldnt say it Chillin already knows I think

kiwiii

Smash Lord
yeah *****es, listen to the man

and redd, i'll need your sn again. i deleted a ****load of people a month or so ago lololol smash drama. now i could care less what people say about me, so good siht ^_^ im re-adding nubs <3

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer

get off that ****, its like when other people try to use my squirtle

I agree, Taki uses Squirtle AND is a smash director. Mad confusies.

yeah *****es, listen to the man

and redd, i'll need your sn again. i deleted a ****load of people a month or so ago lololol smash drama. now i could care less what people say about me, so good siht ^_^ im re-adding nubs <3
Als42991

<3

Repryx

Smash Champion
Kiwii you do realize the likelyhood of them jumping to Mew now right...and what are you and Chillin Poke' Buddies?

kiwiii

Smash Lord
nah they're too lazy. fun's over, guys

and ya, ka master better go to this sheezy. i don't wanna carry combo status's weight in crews again >_>

aw yeah.

so if ammon goes:

me
eggz
dj combat
ammon

if he dont go:
me
dj combo
eggz
hugs
mango