• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*pound 3* random stuff thread, mods can close this if u want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hey guys. So heres an update on the status of *pound* 3

*Pound 3* CONFIRMED for FEBRUARY 2ND/3RD. I'll be making a new thread soon. Don't spam it. Registration should be up later tonight.

This WILL be the last large melee tournament before brawl comes out, and ill make **** sure its the grandaddy of them all. Registration is going to be fully done online and organization for this is going to be out the roof. The venue can fit up to 450 people so there is basically no limit to the greatness. Go out with a bang, what do you guys say?

I'm working on getting this hosted in the University Center Ballroom at UMBC on January 19-20. The room is two or three stories tall, fits 450 people, and has outlets all around the room. Chairs and tables will be provided by UMBC, and possibly even a few tv's.

EDIT:: The club is founded

Theres is a bus that runs from UMBC to BWI airport, which is about 10 minutes from the venue. Good ****, bus.

Registration will again be done online through teamarlington.net, this time with a spot for your teammate when you sign up. Registration is going to be a set price per person.

EDIT:: Registration will be $60 per person for all events combined. Venue fee and food (possibly) included

Food may or may not be provided, it depends on UMBC's policy on food in the ballroom. Im not sure yet.

Ten dollars will again be rewarded to anyone who brings a tv to the venue. This worked well last time. If you guys want a tournament as amazing if not BETTER (wtf possible?) than pound 2, you will bring setups if at all possible.

No venue slumbers, so contact HAT for housing, or the other people once i get a housing list going.

Deodorant rule will apply.

Thats all for now

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Second, I think it should be held in January, but I'm not in TA so I don't get to decide much. Could you hold it closer to DC this time so people in VA don't have to drive for an hour and can house people?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
late january melee seems to be a pretty popular thing so far.

i really want to make this big, the place im looking at has 3 full size gyms for rentand its in the middle of the city(frederick) and has lots of **** around it.

each gym rented cost extra money, so it depends on how many people showed interest.

if we could do one last, giant national melee tournament that'd be amazing. First tournament to break 300? i'd love to see that

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
late january melee seems to be a pretty popular thing so far.

i really want to make this big, the place im looking at has 3 full size gyms for rentand its in the middle of the city(frederick) and has lots of **** around it.

each gym rented cost extra money, so it depends on how many people showed interest.

if we could do one last, giant national melee tournament that'd be amazing. First tournament to break 300? i'd love to see that
Is this in Mount Airy again???

Sage: see bolded above.

I'd like this to be in January too.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The worst part of running a *pound* tournament.

Dealing with TheSage's onslaught of questions.

Thank you, Redd. I love you.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hey my first and only question probably. Sheeessh. Besides last time I think I asked for the address and then for a ride... and then questioned your sexuality because you main Shiek, but I digress, Shiek is not gay. Mewtwo is.

Can there be a low tier tournament?

j/k

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I think early Summer with Brawl would be best. It would probably be Brawl's first biggest tournament of the year and it'd be awesome to know that it was held here.

*edit* i mean... EPIC

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yeah January sounds fine but if it were in February the plane tickets would most likely be cheaper. I'll have to speak with my brothers and Mom about this to see if we'll be going. Thanks for the early notice Plairnkk. Gives us time to plan things. We're definitely interested though, since Pound 2 was awesome.

Linguini

Smash Master
Early February, late january????
We wont even be on vacation at this time and school will have started, I suggest early january.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
yo as i hosted the original pound, my vote means the most

so make it in January -.-

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If it were early January when people are still on break, that would be awesome because you can fly during the weekdays without missing school and save money on your plane tickets by not having to fly on say a Friday/Sunday, thus significantly enabling OOSers to travel. And by oosers, I mean me.

*pound*

Lambchop's c0ck

Smash Apprentice
winter break january. there will be plenty of big tourneys for brawl as the years go by. so lets make melee top priority till brawl comes out

*f*ck that pound gay sh*t*

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
he may surpass me.

i couldn't come to *pound* 2, was in the virgin islands (guess that's a good thing actually), so i'm looking forward to this.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Get out, you're from FL. Sorry, but everyone in MD/VA is automatically better than you. If you beat them, it's because you got lucky, or they decided to let you win.

MD/VA FO LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom