• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Glitch? (extremely fast f-air as metaknight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Today i was playing some matches against a friend of mine, I was metaknight and he was Snake. at one point in the game i was hit to the left side of the stage (FD) and was facing the left as i flew. i used the Cstick for a forward aerial (facing left) and hit what i believe was the the left shoulder button. at about the same time as hitting the shoulder button (which is set to the normal dodge) i again hit the Cstick to the left.

what i saw was my character (MK) did an ungodly fast fair, and immediately did another at regular speed. so what it altogether looked like was 2 fair's in under a second. (and yes, it was 2 Fair's, i am not mistaking it for anything else) i went into training mode and tried to replicate it by trying different combinations but had nothing close to what occured in the match. (also, it was 3 stock, no items, and i was not hit by a grenade or anything from snake when i did the fair)

i was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them or any ideas as to WHY it happened. i do have a replay, but no way to actually show what it looks like or post it online, so i hope this description helps enough.
thanks

ace156

Smash Apprentice
I would also like to say that if this is something that only metaknight can do i am in the wrong board, but if there is a tactic about this then possibly it can be used with any character and as a possible AT (if able to be done with relative easiness) which is why i posted here, i apologize if this is in the wrong board or someone already knows about this "idea".

kr3wman

Smash Master
You won't be taken seriously if you don't find a way to upload the video so that people can see it.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Ok, i was afraid that would happen. ill see what i can do but i dont have a gamebridge or anything, i was just hoping that maybe someone had had it happen to them.

thanks again

Excellence

Smash Champion
I hate to be biased but in a situation where you need to trust random people, I feel like I have little option but to be. The fact that you only have four posts makes anything you say questionable, but I hope you're telling the truth. If you're correct, Meta Knight will be without a doubt banned so more power to you.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I hate to be biased but in a situation where you need to trust random people, I feel like I have little option but to be. The fact that you only have four posts makes anything you say questionable, but I hope you're telling the truth. If you're correct, Meta Knight will be without a doubt banned so more power to you.
Unless it's an AT that works for everyone, in which case the game will shift significantly -- it may make MK too strong, but it might help others more.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yeah, do what somebody else earlier said, copy the video to an SD card, put the SD card in your computer and upload the file to somewhere. Or, you could just find someone who can make a video of it, and just send the Replay to them over WiFi.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Ok i will see what i can do, and i do know there is no way to tell but i do visit these boards extremely often (but as you can tell) i rarely post anything. so i again apologize for being some random guy posting about this but hopefully i can work something out. i figure it is just a glitch of sorts and is REALLY hard to reproduce, i have tried copying it but have had no success besides the one instance i had. and the way it happened it seemed like it would be an AT rather than just MK specific.

ill keep you guys posted on how things go and see what comes up.

also it may be worthless if reproduce, it happened while i was flying through the air from an attack, not while actually attacking someone, which may mean its not possible to do AGAINST someone. so dont get your hopes up too much about a AT or anything, it may not be able to be used offensively unless the opponent runs at you while you free fall. then timing would have to be perfect, and if connected the first set of Fair's may knock the opponent too far back to do anything anyways... ill have to go buy an SD card and get it put on the computer but ill try to do this asap.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
also it may be worthless if reproduce, it happened while i was flying through the air from an attack, not while actually attacking someone, which may mean its not possible to do AGAINST someone. so dont get your hopes up too much about a AT or anything, it may not be able to be used offensively unless the opponent runs at you while you free fall. then timing would have to be perfect, and if connected the first set of Fair's may knock the opponent too far back to do anything anyways... ill have to go buy an SD card and get it put on the computer but ill try to do this asap.
Send it to me, I'll record and upload.

Wii FC: 7544-8124-3042-5896
Brawl FC: 4468-2591-3299

Add both of those and give me yours please.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
K, this i know is prolly going to destroy any credibility you may have for me but im at college right now, and i have to reconnect our wifi by registering the wii, which happens when the re-open, tomorrow....

TheFast

Smash Lord
K, this i know is prolly going to destroy any credibility you may have for me but im at college right now, and i have to reconnect our wifi by registering the wii, which happens when the re-open, tomorrow....

No Johns.
Go to Krystals and do work.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
no but im serious lol, the semester started monday, the internet gets reset each semester

just wait a day ill try and upload it, be patient

thatsyournamedude

Smash Rookie
if you are posting this, then you must be online. So why not use whatever connection you have to connect to the guy and send him the replay?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Double posting is not allowed, so yeah... edit button.

And from what it seems,
I think (in my opinion) you're pulling this out of your *** >_> and you seem to make no effort to upload it

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Ok, im sorry that i double posted, ill go back and edit it out so its just one.

i have no way to upload it right now and when i do i will. my main intention on this topic was not to get people riled up or excited but to ask if anyone had had anything remotely like this happen to them and if it was possible to reproduce. im not trying to cause problems or anything, i just wanted to know if people had it happen. so far i have not been able to reproduce it and the video only shows the MK move in the little *circle* thingy that you see when you fly off the stage. so i again apologize for problems this is bringing up and again my intentions are not to try and trick people or to troll or anything else of the sort, im just trying to find out if anyone had it happen. and by the replies im guessing that its a one time thing since no one else said "hey yea it happened to me too!" i will let you all know how things go. but for now just ignore this and ill let you know if anything happens with it

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Although I'm not expecting anything in the form of evidence any time soon, if this glitch were to exist it could be incredibly useful.

Think about it; when you get hit aren't you supposed to perform your fastest attack and then cancel your momentum with something?

Well a fair that takes half a second or less might be kinda useful, but think about a super fast uair.

epic huh?

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
Although I'm not expecting anything in the form of evidence any time soon, if this glitch were to exist it could be incredibly useful.

Think about it; when you get hit aren't you supposed to perform your fastest attack and then cancel your momentum with something?

Well a fair that takes half a second or less might be kinda useful, but think about a super fast uair.

epic huh?
It would be especially epic for characters like G&W, Yoshi, and DK, who can break knockback with one of their specials(bucket, egg, b-up spinning thing respectively), as well as Sonic, who can unleash a down-B to stop most knockback momentum(not as much of a boost as with side-B from knockback)...or maybe it's the side-B that does that. That being said...I'm not getting my hopes up.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Ugh the post above me just stated something I didn't want known >.< Lol Yes.

It would break momentum at a godly speed. Not close to being as good as Bucket Breaking of course but still. The thing that makes MK able to be dealt with, is the ability to actually kill him at about 65- 70-80 - 90 etc (most likely with no DI thrown in and who whom you use). Having something like this wouldn't only boost that percentage but also being able to throw two fast attacks, out back to back would just be..I don't know what word to describe it. Broken?

But without proof being shown it is safe to say we can keep this in the bucket of "what could have been." If MK mains are really interested they would try to reenact what he said and see if they get similar results. But I figure most won't take it seriously since he has a low post count (like me of course) and doesn't have that much credibility.

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
Oh...sorry man. Seriously :<
But yeah. Still, this is all hypothetical until we have video evidence and until we can replicate it.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Ok, after reading ShadoFiend's post i will type what i feel is the CLOSEST possible to what i did.

basically from start i had about 50% damage (i dont think that matters, but im just trying to do everything step by step).

Snake hit me to the left of the stage (past the edge out into the open) and i was in the animation of just spinning in circles (like your falling).

next i did what would be considered a reverse aerial, but since i was facing the left when i performed the aerial it came out as a forward aerial.

so at this point i was sitting facing left and doing an extremely fast fair, what i did after this was a habit im trying to break of using the airdodge while being hit farther away from the stage. i used to think it broke the momentum but found out it didnt help, which is why i did the forward aerial.
because of the habit i quickly tapped the shoulder button, but i dont know whether it was the partial tap or the full push... either way there arent many other options.

i then performed another fair (still facing away from the stage) basically ASAP after hitting the shoulder button.

so basically it looked like i spazzed out and did a dual fair facing away from the stage. i would also like to add that im using the gamecube controller only, no special configurations. and i used the cstick and left shoulder button for this only, unless i mistakenly hit something else (which i 99% doubt i did) i think this is all i used.

hopefully this info helps in possibly recreating the attack.

also i hope it does not matter what attack Snake uses, but im pretty sure its just his either tilt a or neutral a.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Don't you have a cellphone with a camera in it, at least? o.o Surely you must know someone who does.

I want to say I did something like this months ago, but I'm probably wrong. I didn't keep playing MK so I didn't pay attention to anything that happened with him.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
No prob SecretofMana. :)

Ok after reading it. I guess I'll try out some things tonight. I don't know why I am helping but I will anyway

Also the Cell Phone thing sounds like a plan. Can you record that way? Because I'm interested and I don't want to be at a lost if it is true.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
thanks for helping, i checked the way it looks and you cant really tell anything, im going to try and also reproduce it for a better quality video. if i CANT get it at all i WILL post that, in the video you cant tell anything about what i push or any way to help show what happened. so instead i will try to reproduce it on my own accord, if i can pull it off (yes im a smash noob on these boards but im no rookie at brawl) i will post the video with an SD to the net. if i cant pull it off i will say so and it will likely mean its too difficult to reproduce. im sorry for getting too many peoples hopes up if this proves to difficult to do again but i will try my best. and hopefully people will not get mad at me and know that im not trolling the boards or trying to make stupid posts if this ends badly

Veril

Frame Savant
Next time you should have a video before you make a post like this.

Everyone who's read this is curious but yeah, if its not true, people will be angry at you. Its a really good policy not to post something involving some AT and/or MK without video evidence to back it up.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
i know there is no way you can know this but what happened to me was true, though it may be difficult to reproduce. and i am sorry for not posting a video, i was just excited about the possibility of what i found without really thinking ahead of time. hopefully something will be figured out about this and it will be known as a possibility but not something that is used all the time (it would make the game uber broken)

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Next time you should have a video before you make a post like this.

Everyone who's read this is curious but yeah, if its not true, people will be angry at you. Its a really good policy not to post something involving some AT and/or MK without video evidence to back it up.
Yeah, have a video before you post or you'll most likely get flamed. I've learned this from experience.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
It's possible this is MK's translation of Air dodge and action.

Ya see, Ganondorf has an AT where, if you jump and Air dodge at the same time, you rise up way higher. If MK was ascending or gaining momentum then losing all, it's possible this is his version.

Doubt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom