• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Glitch? (extremely fast f-air as metaknight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snare

Smash Lord
or someone blinked. no one can really tell what you are talking about until a video is up. the only thing that keeps coming up in my head is when someone is spamming an attack and is interupted, the attack animation resets and it looks like two quick attacks one after the other.

i can already feel the mods itching to close this thread if no video is produced or someone isnt able to replicate this soon.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
just tried it in slow motion training mode and at normal speed and could not reproduce it, i will keep trying to do this (also it was in training mode when performed)

Mods can go ahead and close this thread if they would like to

i will post a video if i can get it to work and not make something like this again. apologies for the problems

Deflect

Smash Cadet
Don't worry about what everyone says. All you asked was if someone had the same thing happen to them.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Wait ive got a TL of something Like this. I did an Upsmash --> Forward smash with NO lag in between. It was because the up smash was hit by One hit of Yoshis Dair right at end of the upsmash i ddint get hitstunn and it cancled my after lag. Let me find the video to see if you think it is simular looking to what you did.

He deleted the video >___<

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Today i was playing some matches against a friend of mine, I was metaknight and he was Snake. at one point in the game i was hit to the left side of the stage (FD) and was facing the left as i flew. i used the Cstick for a forward aerial (facing left) and hit what i believe was the the left shoulder button. at about the same time as hitting the shoulder button (which is set to the normal dodge) i again hit the Cstick to the left.

what i saw was my character (MK) did an ungodly fast fair, and immediately did another at regular speed. so what it altogether looked like was 2 fair's in under a second. (and yes, it was 2 Fair's, i am not mistaking it for anything else) i went into training mode and tried to replicate it by trying different combinations but had nothing close to what occured in the match. (also, it was 3 stock, no items, and i was not hit by a grenade or anything from snake when i did the fair)

i was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them or any ideas as to WHY it happened. i do have a replay, but no way to actually show what it looks like or post it online, so i hope this description helps enough.
thanks
just tried it in slow motion training mode and at normal speed and could not reproduce it, i will keep trying to do this (also it was in training mode when performed)

Mods can go ahead and close this thread if they would like to

i will post a video if i can get it to work and not make something like this again. apologies for the problems
Huh?

Do you mean the first one was performed in Training mode? How is there a replay?

I'm confused.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Huh?

Do you mean the first one was performed in Training mode? How is there a replay?

I'm confused.

No. This will sum up the text.

He was playing a match with a friend on final destination. MK vs Snake. 3 stock, No items. Then the 'glitch' occurs. He saves the replay so he can refer back to it and he tries to reenact it in training with no results proving it has happened and why

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Actually I think he may be onto something. While i was messing around as MK in the wifi waiting room, I was just messing with ftilts and the 3 slashes f my Ftilt came out near instantly.
perhaps it has something to do with buffering? @_@

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
No. This will sum up the text.

He was playing a match with a friend on final destination. MK vs Snake. 3 stock, No items. Then the 'glitch' occurs. He saves the replay so he can refer back to it and he tries to reenact it in training with no results proving it has happened and why
Gotcha.

...carry on.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Actually I think he may be onto something. While i was messing around as MK in the wifi waiting room, I was just messing with ftilts and the 3 slashes f my Ftilt came out near instantly.
perhaps it has something to do with buffering? @_@

orly?!

"You have 24 hours to reenact what has happened here. If you fail this request, you will face erasure" - The Reapers.

Nah but seriously since you believe you have done it before please help out. I don't think alot of people are taking this seriously at all. And I don't really blame them

Tennet

Smash Champion
orly?!

"You have 24 hours to reenact what has happened here. If you fail this request, you will face erasure" - The Reapers.

Nah but seriously since you believe you have done it before please help out. I don't think alot of people are taking this seriously at all. And I don't really blame them
Nice reference. This is getting interesting but still we all would like a vid.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Send the replay to someone on the boards that is capable of recording it and putting it on Youtube.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Can MK walljump? Im sorry but i dont play MK but i am interested.
If he can: Could he of faired. Cancled it into a walljump to another fair?

I dont think MK can walljump though >_>

I still think its the same thing that happened to my TL. I got hit right as the move was ending. I didnt get hitstunn but I didnt have the moves after lag and it lead strait into another move.

It was so fast that TL switched moves in between 2 hits of Yoshis down-air. 2nd hit didnt hit me because F-smash sent me out of his Flutter Kick. So I did a full Upsmash and a full Foraward smash no lag in between.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I believe him. Not many people with few posts actually give us this data. But wait, you cant save replays over 3 minutes on Brawl, or am I wrong?

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I'm requesting the cell phone option once again. If you can record it with good enough quality for me to see what you have done. I'll give you my number so you can send it to me

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
orly?!

TWEWY is sex.

Thats the thing, I have no clue how the hell i did it. I've managed to do it twice but that was it.
The first Ftilt hit doesn't come out any faster, just the hits afterwards.

If i get it to replicate I'll have the replay. Though I don't think its really anything gamebreaking.
I mean, once you get hit by the first or second Ftilt you're gonna get hit by the third.

Time to waste 30 minutes of my life! @_@

ace156

Smash Apprentice
OK guys, thank you for working with me through this and i now have an alternate gamesave with something similar to was what i was talking about. i have a replay of me facing zelda on smashville on an SD i can put on the computer but im afraid its different from before. what i did note about this attack was that i was facing to the right and (in the replay it is VERY evident) suddenly MK turns and does his ftilt instantly, i know this has been done before but it was done with (i think) a down tilt and THEN a ftilt, but the video shows no such down tilt, only the first two sword slices of the ftilt.

Send it to me, I'll record and upload.

Wii FC: 7544-8124-3042-5896
Brawl FC: 4468-2591-3299

Add both of those and give me yours please.
i will add you later today and will post my wii codes here too, then i can send you this alternate video and hopefully it will help some. i do have wifi now so i can send stuff, and an SD card so i can put it on the computer as a gamefile which can be put on an SD file, im sorry this is taking so long and about the problems with the first one but maybe this will help somewhat.

im going to keep at it until i can figure something out as a better alternative (and hopefully within 24 hours haha TWEWY) can get something up and running for everyone.

as for now im going to Chinese class, and i will be done at 1:30 my time (its currently 11:27 for me). but after this i will get things running for everyone

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Make sure you send Bengalz that message on his page so he sees it. He may miss it if he doesn't look back to these boards.

*feels bad for sending Shadowlink off on a Mission that's wasting 30 minutes of his life* lol

ace156

Smash Apprentice
K, i posted on Bengals page my FC and all that jazz, so i should be sending the video with the ftilt in it to him, but im going to try and get a dual fair (i guess ill just call it that as of right now, but im talking about the aforementioned fast f-air's that originally started this topic) where its able to be seen and know whats going on. if i do find the strategy for it (or whatever it takes to pull off) i will likely post it here.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Got the message, I'll add when I have time, probably within an hour. Just send it to me when you can and I'll record/upload asap.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
hopefully i dont sound like a total ******, but how come the topic shows just dashes for the number of posts and such? im guessing the mods did something, i was just kinda wondering what happened...

ace156

Smash Apprentice
haha im so surprised a lot of people know what TWEWY is , i played it a while back and before i heard my friend talking about it i didnt know anything about the game

partial update* im just waiting for bengal to add me so i can send the second video. im leaving the college but will be back in 3 or 4 hours to send it to bengal

Snare

Smash Lord
We need more TWEWY love to pass the time until the video is uploaded.
Anyone think it's still bs they killed Rhyme? T.T

if this turns out to be able to attack twice with any attack, brawl will start lookin like the matrix O.o

ace156

Smash Apprentice
im trying to send it to someone but they have yet to add me so they dont show up on my "send" list. so im waiting for bengal to add me

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
uuuuugh i wanna see this badly. Maybe ya just did 1 air attack or something and hit F-Air and the animation came out a little late so it sped up to makeup for lost time? kinda like how ya can Dtilt and then Ftilt really fast afterwards?

ace156

Smash Apprentice
kinda... there was a point in time (the video im sending) showing how i do not use a dtilt or anything but the ftilt still comes out extremely fast, i havent talked to bengal for 2 days so there is no video up yet...

Deoxys

Smash Lord
kinda... there was a point in time (the video im sending) showing how i do not use a dtilt or anything but the ftilt still comes out extremely fast, i havent talked to bengal for 2 days so there is no video up yet...
WTF, can no one else use wifi to receive upload this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom