• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Researcher Reformation and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tery you saw my 3000th post.

I really got nothin until Spire responds to this thread.

We have the right to get this all back together, Spire, so help us get this started at least a little bit!

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
We could start an actual thought-provoking discussion (or more than one) in the meantime.

As for this reformation topic, I got nothing that hasn't already been suggested.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Spire himself isn't that much into competitive Pokémon, so I don't think that requirement can be too strict.

If we get a list of Pokémon Researchers, we could do something similar to the first Debate Hall purge, where people volunteered to assist and were given a list of members, went to search to see if they had posted in the Debate Hall in the last three weeks, and then submitted the total list of people who hadn't back to Crimson King.

The 3 weeks rule doesn't make much sense for the PC, but I think a system similar to that would work well.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
If we get a list of Pokémon Researchers, we could do something similar to the first Debate Hall purge, where people volunteered to assist and were given a list of members, went to search to see if they had posted in the Debate Hall in the last three weeks, and then submitted the total list of people who hadn't back to Crimson King.
If we do this, I volunteer. I'm good at stalking people when I need to.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
We would still require the list of Researchers, or have those who are purging stalk the index every 5 seconds for a blank Researcher.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Found 1:

KageMurphy

1 down ?????????????????????????? To go.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I remember seeing another non active while looking at the member's list at the bottom of the home page. Other than the fact that he has a sprite as an avatar, I don't think he has actually ever been here

WouW

Smash Lord
Here's all members with the Pokémon Researcher color with over 1000 posts:

NJzFinest
CRASHiC
Firus
BEHR
TheReflexWonder
zrky
UltiMario
Lord Bowser
roacherman
YagamiLight
ss118
xLeafybug =D
WouW
Writer Kupo
Player-4

Now let's cut out who we don't know.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
NJzFinest used to post here, I think, but has clearly stopped now.
TheReflexWonder is absolutely new to me.
Zrky...what happened to Zrky?
YagamiLight should be a no-no.
ss118 deserves to stay a Researcher.

-Terywj

WouW

Smash Lord
Also from 1000 to ~333: (top 5000 posters in post count)

KageMurphy (has been stated already)
outofdashdwz (inactive (at least in the PC))
charmander1065 (clearly active)
supermarth64 (same)
Cease Tick (also still active)

I think that's about it (in color, at least).

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lets see:

I've never seen or heard of NJzFinest during my stay here
I've never seen or heard of TheReflexWonder either
I've never seen/heard of Zrky
I've never seen/heard of YagamiLight
I've never seen ss118 here.... I think. If Tery says that he deserves the title, then I guess he does

Well there goes my 2 cents

WouW

Smash Lord
Tery: If NJz needs to drop the title because of inactivity, then ss118 should also, in my opinion.

EDIT:player-4 nearly only posts in the Snorlax Room thread. Not really Pokémon Researcher title worthy.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
CeaseTick more of "getting active" and not "still active", but I agree with your points on NJz's and Articanus.

Although Articanus was more recent. Zrky would be in the same boat as the former two.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Added anyone who has been inactive for long periods of time.

aka been inactive since before I started posting in the PC.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Tery: If NJz needs to drop the title because of inactivity, then ss118 should also, in my opinion.

EDIT:player-4 nearly only posts in the Snorlax Room thread. Not really Pokémon Researcher title worthy.
Have you read the first couple of pages to this thread?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

NJzFinest
CRASHiC
Firus
BEHR
TheReflexWonder
zrky
UltiMario
Lord Bowser
roacherman
YagamiLight
ss118
xLeafybug =D
WouW
Writer Kupo
Player-4

...whuh?

ss118 deserves to stay a Researcher.
This
Have you read the first couple of pages to this thread?
No

BEHR

Smash Hero
I dont mind changing my color. lol

Tho I know alot about Pokemon I just dont bothering posting about it. lol

umm so ummm yuhh I can change my color if thats much of a big deal.

The way I got the color was the most hilarious thing ever lol.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master

NJzFinest
CRASHiC
Firus
BEHR
TheReflexWonder
zrky
UltiMario
Lord Bowser
roacherman
YagamiLight
ss118
xLeafybug =D
WouW
Writer Kupo
Player-4

Erruh, Terywj, Mewter or Annoying aren't there.

From that list, the only people I haven't seen post here in a long time, or since I even got here are: YagamiLight, TheReflexWonder, zrky, BEHR, NJzFinest, and CRASHiC.

I remember seeing NJzFinest post a lot when I first got here, but I haven't seen him post in a couple of months.

IIRC, CRASHiC had some real life **** he had to deal with, he'll probably be back.

I have no idea who YagamiLight, TheReflexWonder, and BEHR are. If I don't know who they are, they probably haven't posted since I got here, almost a year ago.

Everything else seems to be in order.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I have no idea who YagamiLight, TheReflexWonder, and BEHR are. If I don't know who they are, they probably haven't posted since I got here, almost a year ago.
I can't speak for the other two, but TheReflexWonder is (or at least was) considered the best PT main. I don't know if you'd count that as worthy of Pokemon Researcher, but whatevs. I probably would because of how well it fits the main, but that's just me. I'm a softy when it comes to things like that.

And in all honesty, I always thought the title of "Pokemon Researcher" was supposed to be given out to those who were knowledgeable in the competitive aspect of Pokemon. It would be someone that people could go to in order to learn about competitive Pokemon, if it were ever needed. In which case, the only people who would lose the title are those that we have no clue what their prowess is competitively. And from WouW's list, the only ones who would lose it (at least imo) are YagamiLight, BEHR, KageMurphy, and TheReflexWonder. And like I said before, if it were up to me I'd let TheReflexWonder keep it.

But **** what I think.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
We also need to.... double focus, I guess?

We're also forgetting that there are some Researchers that aren't blank but... not exactly worthy of the title.... even if they are a "regular", they clearly don't show real competative knowledge of Pokemon...

I hate to be so cruel, but a title is for only who deserve it... they can get it again later when they've proven themselves.

My prime example of this, charmander1065

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'll just follow form on this one then, considering I've been thinking it since before this topic even started. I was just partially afraid of being flamed or something for it.

Agreed on every part of your statement.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I dont mind changing my color. lol

Tho I know alot about Pokemon I just dont bothering posting about it. lol

umm so ummm yuhh I can change my color if thats much of a big deal.

The way I got the color was the most hilarious thing ever lol.
lol thought my post was ignored.

but yuh kick me out of the group if you want its no big deal. D:

A_man13

Smash Master

We're also forgetting that there are some Researchers that aren't blank but... not exactly worthy of the title.... even if they are a "regular", they clearly don't show real competative knowledge of Pokemon...

I hate to be so cruel, but a title is for only who deserve it... they can get it again later when they've proven themselves.

Better example yet, myself. I was one of the original researchers before it really was a big deal and, well, I left shortly after I earned the title. Nowadays I don't remember anything; I just have a DS battle team that I trained back when I was into competitive battling like before. I never knew the metagame well let alone build a solid team (Though I did enjoy coming up with unique movesets, but that was nearly always with help from other people) . I don't have the color, but I did have the rights to post in the SWF strategy dex when it was still around and, well, I never deserved the title nor do I now.

I ditto the call for reform. I remember Umbreon showing a pic of the people who sign up for no apparent reason besides wanting to be one (dunno if they got through, but they pretty much let anyone with a pulse in). I don't think that should be the way acceptance should go about, so we need change. But, at the same time, the title as of now is useless unless you want the colored name. At least, I don't think...

Edit: Oh yeah, post 3000! This is Sparta x10

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

HEY
Im only SLIGHTLY unaware of competitive battling.
SLIGHTLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom