• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Is there a sprite sheet anywhere with all the new pokemon's shiny sprites? I've tried looking for them on the google but I've found nothing.

Also, have all the Gen 1-4 pokemon received new sprites?

Edit: Nvm, I found them. But I still want to know about my second question.
where? can you give me a link to them?

UberMario

Smash Master
Is there a sprite sheet anywhere with all the new pokemon's shiny sprites? I've tried looking for them on the google but I've found nothing.

Also, have all the Gen 1-4 pokemon received new sprites?

Edit: Nvm, I found them. But I still want to know about my second question.
Pretty much, I checked several at random and they were different [though most f the default poses are SIMILAR, but not identical, to the sprites from HG/SS and D/P/Pt], besides, all of the pokemon get animations so that was pretty much a give-in. lol

Dex Entries

(The Dex Entries make that cloud/cotton thing seem like they should be Grass/Flying even more than I had said before: " It goes wherever the wind takes it" "It appears riding a whirlwind." Why is it pure grass?)

EDIT: "Since Darumakka’s droppings are hot, ancient people put them in their pockets to warm their bodies." WTF?!!

UberMario

Smash Master
Futachimaru . . . . though I think he would have looked a bit cooler if he was the color white and had a better evolution. >_> The Purotoga line is pretty cool, though like someone said they look more like Digimon.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
lol the Dex descriptions list is off, from Janobii to Gigigear because he forgot Jalorda.

I want to see Jalorda's entry.

UberMario

Smash Master
lol the Dex descriptions list is off, from Janobii to Gigigear because he forgot Jalorda.

I want to see Jalorda's entry.
No he didn't, Jalorda is written as "Jaroda" on there . . . . . besides all of the entries match the names, speaking of pokedex entries, there sure are a lot of disturbing ones 0_o :

Koromori 527: It adheres to cavern walls with suction from its nostrils and sleeps there. A heart imprint is left in the places where it adhered.

Gamageroge 537: It makes the lumps on its fists vibrate to double the power of its punches. It can pulverize a boulder in one strike.

Pendora 545: It thrusts the claws on its head into its opponents’ bodies and poisons them. It has a very aggressive nature.

Darumakka 554: Since Darumakka’s droppings are hot, ancient people put them in their pockets to warm their bodies.

Deathmas 562: It was born from the soul of a human buried in an ancient tomb. It still has its memories from long ago.

Abagohra 565: The power of its jaws is incomparable. It chomps down on steel beams and rocks and devours them along with its prey.

Dasutodasu 569: It inhales garbage and makes it part of its body. It sprays venom from the fingertips of its right hand.

Gothilselle 576: It has the ability to predict future events based on the movement of the stars. It can also see its Trainer’s lifespan.

Pururiru 592: It paralyzes its prey with poison, then drags it to its den in the ocean’s depths, 8000 meters below the surface.

Dentula 596: It builds traps from threads charged with electricity. It slowly devours the electrically stunned prey.

Shibirudon 604: It sucks on its prey with its sucker-mouth, and shocks it with the electricity that flows from its teeth.

Lamplar 608: It appears before those on their deathbeds, severs the soul from the body, and immediately sucks it up.

Chandelar 609: If something is wrapped in Chandela’s flame, its souls is sucked out and immolated. Only the cast off body remains.

Kumashun 613: Mucus is always hanging from its nose. It sucks the mucus back up and launches an attack. The mucus is the source of the attack.

Komatana 624: It fights at Kirikizan’s command. It clings to its prey and ebbs away at it with its blades.

Kirikizan 625: It hunts prey as a swarm, accompanied by large numbers of Komatana. Kirikizan lands the finishing blow.

Vulchai 629: If it finds a handy skeleton, it has the habit of using it to protect its bottom. It chases after weak Pokemon.

Kuitaran 631: It melts Iront’s steel body with its fiery tongue, which burns at high temperatures, and eats what’s inside.

Viridion 640: The horn on its head is a sharp sword. It tosses its enemy with whirlwind like movements, then cuts it apart.

Kyurem 646: It has the power to create sub-zero weather conditions, but it freezes its own body as well.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Man, I just figured how to selectively block javascript on Serebii, I feel so pro right now.

Also, my master spreadsheet is going pretty awesomely.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know what's something that I don't get?

Why is it that instead of making Croc's final form brown, they made it red and made the shiny form brown. It should've been backwards imo

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Man, I was going to post an awesome Herbivore Azumarill set, but then I remembered that then you can't have Huge Power.

Herbivore Zeburaika would be pretty cool, with a decent base 100 Attack.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So does anyone know what Iron Barbs does? Nuttre (the spiky grass/steel thing) has it as an ability, and he is definitely a worthy replacement for Forretress, even if he can't spin stuff away.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Messed about with some spriting earlier to make myself, alongside my Ononokusu partner, Gimli. Made myself an avatar, (as seen above) and those who requested will get theirs by Friday. =D

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Though my research, Iron Barbs (known as Steel Thorns on Serebii) is probably the same as Rough Skin.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Though my research, Iron Barbs (known as Steel Thorns on Serebii) is probably the same as Rough Skin.
I see. I had hoped it would be something different, but I guess Iron Barbs is somewhat useful against stuff.

Those monkeys are all mixed sweepers like. They might all end up being extremely useful in UU.

M.K

Level 55
Gothilselle 576: It has the ability to predict future events based on the movement of the stars. It can also see its Trainer’s lifespan.
:freak:

Jesus, it's like...the Death Note Pokemon.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Wow, how emo. It's like knowing how long someone you love is gonna live and you can't do anything about it.

Sheesh, Gamefreak.

M.K

Level 55
Would anyone like me to add the Shiny Sprites to the first page?
If so, can you give me a link to them? Thanks a ton.

:)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yow, high-quality sprites. >_< I fell behind, didn't I.

Well, the fighting-form and dharma form of the legendary and hihidaruma look pretty amusing...

But what's the deal with the End-legend and his alternative colors?

UberMario

Smash Master
Yow, high-quality sprites. >_< I fell behind, didn't I.

Well, the fighting-form and dharma form of the legendary and hihidaruma look pretty amusing...

But what's the deal with the End-legend and his alternative colors?
I imagine [since he's a robot] that there's a light that flashes different colors as he animates, it would be strange if there were actually three different ones with different lights.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Not to mention, Arceus already used that gimmick. But I'm curious about the guy, what is with him to be the end-of-dex? I doubt he's another god... xP

You know, I can't believe that deal with website pictures. >_< The game is out, what's ILLEGAL about having pictures of a RELEASED GAME on a fansite?

UberMario

Smash Master
You know, I can't believe that deal with website pictures. >_< The game is out, what's ILLEGAL about having pictures of a RELEASED GAME on a fansite?
If a 3rd party reveals the plot, the characters, the cutscenes, and the pokemon INCLUDING ones that were supposed to be saved for later events (like Mew or Celebii), don't you think that would possibly hurt their sales?

majora_787

Smash Hero
If a 3rd party reveals the plot, the characters, the cutscenes, and the pokemon INCLUDING ones that were supposed to be saved for later events (like Mew or Celebii), don't you think that would possibly hurt their sales?
I can see that, but in all honesty, there's nothing illegal about putting screenshots from a game you own on the internet, especially if you give all rights where they belong.

Besides, I know a LOT of people who don't know this info is around, and even more who know but don't want to see it.

Sigh... Ow well. >_< At least there are high quality sprites, that's cool stuff. :3

But what I'd really like are english names. Sigh, six months... >__< Six months of being stuck with japanese names... Blegh... I'm just gonna refer to them descriptively from now on.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Massive facepalm.

Thunder Wave doesn't affect Ground-types, but it does affect Volt Absorbers.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Not to mention, Arceus already used that gimmick. But I'm curious about the guy, what is with him to be the end-of-dex? I doubt he's another god... xP

I don't believe that there is anything illegal about it, but Nintendo has lawyers and these fan sites don't so they'll comply for that reason alone.

If it was a bigger site Nintendo wouldn't say anything. As an example two trailers from upcoming final fantasy games were taped in SE's "theater" and placed on youtube. The videos were shortly removed. Kotaku posted the same videos on their front page and they are still there.

Wave, is that a new addition? Because volt absorb also absorbs thunder wave, or at least it used to.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Genosect's different colors tell which elemental "Cassette" it's holding: Ice, Water, Electric, or Fire.

It defines which type a special move of its is.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Genosect's different colors tell which elemental "Cassette" it's holding: Ice, Water, Electric, or Fire.

It defines which type a special move of its is.
Well, at least it's not EXACTLY the same as Arceus, at least. It actually changes the time of a move.

But you know, I have to wonder, why do they do something like that? If they were going to "legally threaten" people into taking down information until the US version is released in six months, why would they not just release them at the same time? -_- They don't have to do that to people, and it doesn't keep people from seeing stuff they want to see for a half year after the game is released.

But yeah, Nintendo has lawyers, and they don't like it, and I guess that's all the reason they need. Sheesh...

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Well, at least it's not EXACTLY the same as Arceus, at least. It actually changes the time of a move.

But you know, I have to wonder, why do they do something like that? If they were going to "legally threaten" people into taking down information until the US version is released in six months, why would they not just release them at the same time? -_- They don't have to do that to people, and it doesn't keep people from seeing stuff they want to see for a half year after the game is released.

But yeah, Nintendo has lawyers, and they don't like it, and I guess that's all the reason they need. Sheesh...
How would the Japanese feel if they had to wait for the games to be translated into several other languages before they get to play their own game?

Maybe that will answer your question. :lick:

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Bigger games than pokemon have had international release dates. It kind of helps if you work on the translations as part of game development instead of doing them after the game has been finished.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
Thats not all of the new pokemon are they? I was hoping to see Eevee's new evos.
ok im only gonna state this one last time in the original pokemon before the 4th gen their were speical and physical types eevee only had speical evolutions if you look closely the only type that hasent been made for eevee now is dragon...

also because we are now in isshu *far away from everywhere else* most other pokemon i am expecting will be rare thus meaning im not suprised they dident finish eevee

Top Bottom