• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if you have the lucky egg, it just depends on how well you can sweep the e4's pokemon with that one pokemon lol. it should only take a few runs. my chandelure happened to be able to sweep shauntal, caitlin, and marshal (survive sturdy sawk's stone edge) pretty easily. then either on alder or grimsley i'd lose on purpose just so i could quickly go back to them and sweep again.

also, exp share can get a pokemon from level 1 to 70+ after only a few runs. of course, you'd probably wanna ev train that poke first

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Add in the entralink 2.0 exp power, traded pokemon, pokerus and lucky egg and it actually takes like a few hours to get a lv 100 pokemon (did this with my first RNG'd pokemon from lv26-100 an afternoon).

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Yes, tried this method on a traded smoochum and got it from lv1>41 against a lv50 audino with using luunatoone/solrocks explosion =) (I wonder which level it gets against the lv 65 trainer Audino, since facing a trainer I think heigthens it by 1.5 more.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I swept the psychic elite 4 person with a level 40 zoroark disguised as a blaziken, taking down a level 70 musharna with fury swipes is so fun.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so my best super single battle subway run so far has been...

lum machamp lead - dpunch, stone edge, icepunch, bullet punch
gyarados - dd, ice fang, waterfall, fireblast
ferrothorn - curse, gyro ball, power whip, leech seed

on my 20th battle, i lost to a slaking whose giga impact defeated my machamp and gyarados....... and then critted my ferrothorn. :(

gonna replace gyarados with cloyster once i get enough points to buy focus sash

edit: woo! just got that focus sash. my team is now machamp, cloyster, ferrothorn.

my most recent run... 42 wins! i lost to a rapidash + toxicroak.

rapidash flare blitz
machamp stone edge
rapidash fainted

toxicroak cross chop
machamp fainted

toxicroak cross chop
cloyster shell smash
toxicroak sucker punch
cloyster fainted

i'm thinking maybe i should've just icicle speared here... instead of setting up. idk if it would've made a difference though, not sure if full health toxicroak would've survived the unboosted spears or not

toxicroak cross chop
ferrothorn gyroball
toxicroak cross chop
ferrothorn fainted

had a good run haha.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Fighting people in random matchup mode is so infuriating, it's not my fault your scizor's bullet punch didn't kill my zoroark and you lost because I hit you with flamthrower, but that's no reason to disconnect.

Masky

Smash Master
Pokemon Black/White is literally the most despressing game ever.

Bianca just wants to be a strong trainer and a strong person and she tries her best but she never becomes strong. The worst is when N literally says that it's impossible for some people to become stronger... man wtf

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
I thought the story for Black/White was amazing, it was a lot darker than previous gens but I have two faults with it. Firstly the game was advertised as your hero finally being older, yet almost everyone in game called you a kid still :/ and the story was very undeveloped and not taken as far as it could have, exploring the darker side of capturing and battling pokemon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm hoping that gets expanded on more in Grey, much like the story in all "third" games being extended.

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
me too mic, they never really delved into the ethical implications of the story, understandably it's a child friendly game but could still drop more hints into the ethics of capturing pokemon etc.

Masky

Smash Master
They definitely did talk about the ethical implications, did you not listen to the conversation in Chargestone Cave between Professor Juniper and N? I don't know what else you would want them to talk about

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
one conversation between two characters throughout the entire game does not really fill out the story enough, the story started good until that conversation, then seemed to slowly revert back into a typical pokemon story, apart from ghetsis' rants throughout , catch a legendary - check, beat elite 4 - check, stop the bad guys - check, story end-game :/.
Well that's my opinion at least, and I don't really think that finding the sages after really adds much to the story, except for them saying they're sorry and the hero was right all along.
Just hope they address the story better in grey.

Masky

Smash Master
You didn't pay close enough attention to the game then. It was all there, just wasn't dumbed down.

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
I did play close attention to the game, but a lot of the conversations was 'i'd be sad if I had to let go of my pokemon' blah blah *cry* or 'How do I become stronger'. The only good part of story after the chargestone conversation came from N actually beating the champion, without the gym challenge, first time I remember a villian being the champion of pokemon. I just felt that they could have went so much deeper with the story if the game was aimed at an older audience and did justice to exploring the themes more.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, is the battle subway fun?
I miss the battle factory. They better bring it back in the next game...

M.K

Level 55
So, is the battle subway fun?
I miss the battle factory. They better bring it back in the next game...
It's alright. Insert hax shenanigans here, bring a Fire type and the first 9 are Water types, switch to Electric and you face all ground types...same old Battle (insert thing here) hax-y goodness.

Today I was in Super Singles and it was down to my Special Togekiss vs. Blissey w/ Attract/Thunder Wave/Aromatherapy/Heal Pulse.

My Aura Sphere probably did 1/10th damage, and it was holding Leftovers, I was Attract'd and Paralyzed.

....I won when Blissey Struggled to death. :awesome:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
reg subway gets swept by every pokemon with 500+ BST, and a lot below that

also, bianca gets level 65 or so Pokemon after the E4, so she's reasonably strong imo

M.K

Level 55
Super Singles requires you to think 3 times as much, and will **** you over eventually. Reg is a watered down Battle Tower.
This is so true.
I was killed on my last set of seven (right before the Subway Boss) by a Dynamicpunch'ing Machamp that I swear must have been Scarf'd, because it outsped my entire team.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I get reverse trolled on regular singles so much, it's not even funny. Things like Giga Impact missing after my last Poke was just paralyzed for 3 turns straight let me win forever.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Super Singles requires you to think 3 times as much, and will **** you over eventually. Reg is a watered down Battle Tower.
No. This is how I see it.

4th Gens Battle Tower Battles 1~21 = Singles in general...
4th gen BT 21+ = Super Singles.

They just cut out the random 21 **** battles of prevos and crap.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Only if you're lame enough to use legendaries. Haven't touched a legendary after using Mewtwo in Stadium 1.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ironically since Nintendo's announced an Aussie Poke tourney that's doubles I'm now concidering that strat. >.<

EDIT: Any idea why a terrakion whimsicott combo would be so strong?

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
where you hear that about terrkion & whimsicott mic? the only thing I can think of the top of my head is type coverage, but there are better cover pokemon to terrakion's typing than whimsicott.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
lol

Whimsicott uses Beat Up. Terrakion gets +4 Attack boosts. Terrakions lols about with Rock Slide and Close Combat (and EQ, if you're silly). He can also Wide Guard and Rock Polish if you feel lucky.

Whimsicott can also Charm, Encore, Taunt, Memento and generally piss everybody off. Trick Room and Tailwing are dumb when you have -2 Atk/can't stat-up.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hehe that sounds legit

i've seen quite a few vgc vids and i think the amoonguss + jellicent combo is really solid.

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the info asianaussie, I never knew whimsicott had such a wide range moves of available.
That combo sounds very solid and many possiblities on whimsicott's movesets.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
whew, haven't been able to play the game lately

really crunch time in school

i'll get more into it soon though

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm on Super Singles. Gengar, Scizor, and Ononokusu. I'll win in due time. Nothing beats bullet punch!

Top Bottom