• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't see any problems with Genocide Insect. Since, you know, they made Snivy.
I know. That's not the point. I love "Genosect". The problem is, because the "Geno" part will probably be seen as a reference to "genocide", Nintendo (of America) will probably change its name to something "less offensive" due to its family-friendly code of conduct, or some BS along those lines. D:

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I know. That's not the point. I love "Genosect". The problem is, because the "Geno" part will probably be seen as a reference to "genocide", Nintendo (of America) will probably change its name to something "less offensive" due to its family-friendly code of conduct, or some BS along those lines. D:
Gen means race, type or origin, the "Geno" in Genosect could just as easily be interpreted as "Genotype"

majora_787

Smash Hero
Gen means race, type or origin, the "Geno" in Genosect could just as easily be interpreted as "Genotype"
Yeh, that would sort of be like if 'PED' were in a name, and parents assumed it meant pedophile. Ped can be in words WITHOUT being the root, which means child. And in context, it could easily mean something else.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Bulbapedia said:
Ken Sugimori said that Oshawott and its evolutions were the hardest for the team to design during production, as conceptualizing its evolutions were difficult. They eventually settled on a samurai theme and making its final form a sea lion after a trip to an aquarium.

I don't get it. How hard was it to just make it legitly samurai?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
lol I didn't even realize anything was wrong with that sentence I just read it.

I'll permaban the first person to quote that paragraph about reading sentences in which the words are out of order.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I am an inch from reporting that because that's so terrible.

Reported.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Aw, that wasnt nice, was just trying to poke fun at what I usually mess up at to make Chill feel better :(

(seriously, have you read any of my posts? theyre filled with "teh"s, "taht"s, "-ign"s, etc...)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm wishing Waruvial was better. Honestly, he should've had a different Dream World ability. Anger Point is just... so bad.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Anger Point is GREAT, what are you talking about.

Just bring it in vs. their Air Cutter Stick Farfetch'd and you're set (maybe).

Moozle

Smash Champion
I could see it being pretty useful in a team battle with those two fighting types that have always-crit moves.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I could see it being pretty useful in a team battle with those two fighting types that have always-crit moves.
yeah, the issue is that he is weak to both the ice and fighting auto-crit moves..

perhaps in a triple battle where your team-mate has it, and your other guy has a heal-move?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Man Meno we knew that before the game was even released. :3

Tis OK though

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Not sure how many people are concerned with this, but Nintendo's announced March 6th, 2011 as the official US release date for B/W.

Also, new English names:

Chillarmy = Minccino
Gigaith = Gigalith
Meguroco = Sandile
Shimama = Blitzle
Mamepato = Pidove
Gear = Klink
Hihidaruma = Darmanitan

And Professor Araragi = Professor Juniper.

There's also a US Release Trailer, which, in my opinion, is pretty epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CtUsAjuweM

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Klink...?

Maybe the evolutions will be like, Kiklink and Kikiklink, which I would absolutely laugh at.

Hihidaruma's English name seems like Daruma + Organitan?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Not sure how many people are concerned with this, but Nintendo's announced March 6th, 2011 as the official US release date for B/W.

Also, new English names:

Chillarmy = Minccino
Gigaith = Gigalith
Meguroco = Sandile
Shimama = Blitzle
Mamepato = Pidove
Gear = Klink
Hihidaruma = Darmanitan

And Professor Araragi = Professor Juniper.

There's also a US Release Trailer, which, in my opinion, is pretty epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CtUsAjuweM
- Not exactly sure how to pronounce "Minccino".
- "Gigalith" isn't bad. I can live with it.
- "Sandile" almost sounds like "sandal"... I may be tempted to nickname one "Sandal" now.
- "Blitzle" is alright, though I would've imagined they go with something that rhymes with "zebra". There's always its evolution, I guess.
- "Pidove", even though it clearly isn't a dove? Well, I suppose since "Pidgey" is already taken, there isn't much they can do. What would happen if Game Freak releases a 6th Gen Dove Pokemon now, huh?
- "Klink"? I probably would've stuck with "Gear", but seeing as "gear" is a generic and uncreative word to use for a name, Nintendo had to go with something else. In Japan, seeing as "gear" is an English word, I guess it sounds more "exotic" to them than it would for us. Kind of explains "Tina" to "Terra" in Final Fantasy VI... but that's a different topic altogether.
- "Darmanitan"? I don't know what that's supposed to reference? Orangutan, maybe? Even then, it looks like a gorilla to me. I think they should have kept "daruma" in there, since that is clearly what it's based on. Still, it could've been worse.
- "Juniper", eh? Doesn't sound as hot as Araragi, but it's not like it makes her any worse. XD

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hm. I'm okay with this. Release date is a bit late, but I'll just play on my... imported Japanese game. With the translation patch. Because I dropped it off the back of my truck. Yeah.

I wonder what the English version of Daruma Mode will be.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Sandile is a pretty cool name :3

You also neglected to mention Tail (aka Sweep) Slap, Wild (Volt) Charge, Big Pecks (Pidgeon Breast), Moxie (Overconfidence), Sheer Force (Encourage), and Castelia (Hiun) City.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The fact that they changed it so such a horrible pun as big pecks scares me

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Overconfidence became Moxie?!

What is the wait how I don't even

I appreciate the simplicity of Sandile though. How will they go about naming the evolutions?

DLO

Smash Journeyman
- Not exactly sure how to pronounce "Minccino".
- "Gigalith" isn't bad. I can live with it.
- "Sandile" almost sounds like "sandal"... I may be tempted to nickname one "Sandal" now.
- "Blitzle" is alright, though I would've imagined they go with something that rhymes with "zebra". There's always its evolution, I guess.
- "Pidove", even though it clearly isn't a dove? Well, I suppose since "Pidgey" is already taken, there isn't much they can do. What would happen if Game Freak releases a 6th Gen Dove Pokemon now, huh?
- "Klink"? I probably would've stuck with "Gear", but seeing as "gear" is a generic and uncreative word to use for a name, Nintendo had to go with something else. In Japan, seeing as "gear" is an English word, I guess it sounds more "exotic" to them than it would for us. Kind of explains "Tina" to "Terra" in Final Fantasy VI... but that's a different topic altogether.
- "Darmanitan"? I don't know what that's supposed to reference? Orangutan, maybe? Even then, it looks like a gorilla to me. I think they should have kept "daruma" in there, since that is clearly what it's based on. Still, it could've been worse.
- "Juniper", eh? Doesn't sound as hot as Araragi, but it's not like it makes her any worse. XD
What?
Darmanitan.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
What?
Darmanitan.
"Darma" in Darmanitan doesn't sound like "Daruma" more than it sounds like "Darma" from "Darma and Greg", or "Dalmation". That's just me.

Oh, by the way, here's something some of you guys may appreciate, if you haven't heard these already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_E5U5pDDU&feature=related

The cries of all 5th Gen Pokemon... well except Sazando, for some reason, they skipped that one. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Gochiruzeru and Meloetta's cries are the best. *ups flame shield* XD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
CALLING IT

RIGHT NOW

Gear Evo Line names:

Klink -> Klank -> Klunk

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I actually hope they are that Ulti. Sounds ok to me.

Also Sol most likely everyone here has heard them seeing as though we've been battling with them since October or something like that.

Top Bottom