• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Black/Light

Smash Master
There's also a rather limited amount of potential slots for Pokemon. So far, the apparently most likely Pokemon has not been deconfirmed, and he might well be the only one to join the fray other than those we already got. In that way, everything still goes according to our predicted chances.
Sure, theres a limated amount of pokemon that could actually get in as playable (seeing as there are some absact pokemon that make up the title "random pokemon") but that list, again, was never limated to Gard/ Blaze/ Lucario/ Munch and Deoxys as most people here thought.

And surely what people here think are the "most likely" isn't the case if most of said list is balled (Actually, for along time Deoxy was the "most likely" before Blaze and Lucario support rose).

"But the one most likely to us on this forum has yet to be balled so our predictions may be right" well thats when Red comes into play. Few people thought Red was likely at all even thou he was the 3rd most wanted Pokemon character in Japan for Melee and has a host of reasons to be in brawl in some form as you listed below.

(Plus, the RB starters. No one thought we would get more 1st gen pokemon and kept the thought of gen "rep" in mind for pokemon+all the RB starters have been balled in that last games)

Appearently, we don't see things exactly like Sakurai and the creator of pokemon do (He was the one that said the human facture is whats important in pokemon and not just the monsters alone, well, as you can remember, people here said the reverse on Red's topic).

Except for the Pokemon Trainer, of course, but he was an odd case. If anyone had had the imagination to come up with the way he's implemented, everyone would have loved it. He's really a logical choice the way he's done, which he wouldn't have been in any other way. The way he is, he's pretty much the protagonist of the games, which makes him a logical candidate, eh?
Right, he is the most "logical" pokemon character and looks to be a fuseion of 2 ideas (That Red should be in cause he is the hero of the series and that all 3 starters should have to be in for there to be any PC starters at all).

. . .But few people thought this was the case months/ weeks ago so given this new stand on what is important for a character from this series becoming playable would that list of pokemon still stand merit for being PC? Most of that list is purely made from popularity and not over-all importance.

Well, off to school. See yallz later.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see Dragonite in it.(my most Beloved pokemon.)
I think if any Pokemon (Besides the Trainer) Lucario well be in it.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Eh, PT is not a viable weapon to use in the "Most likely candidates don't count as much" arguement. As unexpected as PT was, the only real reason he wasn't higher up in the fan list is because not enough people thought that Sakurai would actually do what he did with PT in terms of fighting style, it actually seemed too good to be true for many people I'm sure, though I am fairly sure that many DID have that idea in mind at least once.

But that is one random encounter in a list of new characters that were extremely likely to join given evidence: Ike, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Sonic...

The evidence that supports likely candidates far outweighs those that support random oddballs, as PT is probably the BIGGEST surprise period in the New Challenger list.

As it stands, Lucario has officially become the most likely candidate, and evidence keeps going in his favor:

-His opponents, Deoxys, Gardevoir, Munchlax, have been balled.

-His character, fighting style, and abilities are completely compatible with Smash's fighting system.

-Sakurai has proven that he's more predictable than unpredictable with the recent new characters that have appeared after Pokemon Trainer.

-Sakurai has also shown a penchant for representing the new blood of the franchises in either looks or characters(Twilight Princess designs, Lucas, Ike, Fox's latest design)

Honestly, I don't see it as a 50/50 chance right now, it's more 60/40, and the only reason I haven't thought it 70/30 is because Sakurai STILL has that twinge of unpredictability under his belt.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
Update to my post the other day about same-family pokemon:
In Melee we had Pichu and Pikachu.
This time both Munchlax and Snorlax are pokeballs (Snorlax confirmed in the gameplay vid showed last week-ish). So Sakurai isn't against including same-family guys once again, as long as theyre differentiable enough (Munchlax and Snorlax are very different. Putting Venusaur where we already have Ivysaur or Koffing and Weezing in the same game still wouldn't make much sense).

Black/Light

Smash Master
Eh, PT is not a viable weapon to use in the "Most likely candidates don't count as much" arguement. As unexpected as PT was, the only real reason he wasn't higher up in the fan list is because not enough people thought that Sakurai would actually do what he did with PT in terms of fighting style, it actually seemed too good to be true for many people I'm sure, though I am fairly sure that many DID have that idea in mind at least once.
It doesn't matter if people thought he would work this way. People simply said "Red can't fight. PASS!" to the thought of him. He "could" have worked like how Red fans suggested but at the end of the day people would still say that it's the pokemon that are important and not a general shell for the player.

People just didn't think he would be in no matter how you flip it. He wasn't high on the "list" because people here over looked him. . . thats that.

He WAS high (3rd. Behind Mew2 and Mew) on the fan list for Melee in Japan so thats moot anyway.

But that is one random encounter in a list of new characters that were extremely likely to join given evidence: Ike, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Sonic...
And? Lucario is nowhere near as important as those characters. .

-His opponents, Deoxys, Gardevoir, Munchlax, have been balled.
Ohhh, I bet no one thought Char/ Squirt and Ivy where his "opponents". And this is my point, how in god's name do you limate the amount of pokemon this man can choose from down to just 5-7 that a few web-sites full of smash nerds talk about? Lucario has 400+ "opponents" as fare as we know.

-His character, fighting style, and abilities are completely compatible with Smash's fighting system.
There is no such thing as "fitting in" or "having a compatible fighting style (how every you think this thing would fight in real time fighting)" for smash.

If Sakurai cared about something having the shape and "fighting style" of a fighter than RS starters (Blaze/ Grov/ Mudkip) would have been picked over the 4 legged Ivy and flying dragon with stubby arms Char.

-Sakurai has proven that he's more predictable than unpredictable with the recent new characters that have appeared after Pokemon Trainer.
. . ..Are you kidding me? Sonic=most wanted character for the game and Sakurai said that himself/ Ike=the most important Lord of resent FE/ Diddy=High on the Melee poll and has his own flipping series/ Lucas=was suppose to be in Melee (much like how Peach/ Browser/ Mew2 where suppose to be in SS64 as it was said on the melee polls). Doesn't take a small team of math teachers to figure out that they where top picks and important characters to include.

None of these where one of 500 pokemon.

-Sakurai has also shown a penchant for representing the new blood of the franchises in either looks or characters(Twilight Princess designs, Lucas, Ike, Fox's latest design)
He has also shown that he doesn't give 2 monkey's a**es about repping "gens" of pokemon by character. If he did than PT would be that girlly man in DP and the DP starters would be his pokemon. And if I remember correctly Ike wears white in the newest FE and Fox is a mix of his last 2-3 games designs. . .

Fawriel

Smash Master
He has also shown that he doesn't give 2 monkey's a**es about repping "gens" of pokemon by character. If he did than PT would be that girlly man in DP and the DP starters would be his pokemon. And if I remember correctly Ike wears white in the newest FE and Fox is a mix of his last 2-3 games designs. . .
I already said it before, but he did not show that. The only way he could show that is if he explicitly stated it or if the final roster consisted of only 1st generation Pokemon. And how are we supposed to know about that if all we got so far were two characters?

The Pokemon Trainer got those three starters because they were the first and thus the most recognizable. Just like Marth is important due to being the first Lord. It's still very possible that PT gets costume changes to rep the other generations, as he doesn't even have a voice that would require additional work.

I do see your other point now, though. If we failed to see the potential in the Pokemon Trainer, we might as well miss the potential another Pokemon has to offer.

There's a reasoning behind the "likely characters" count, though. After all, games so far were repped by heroes, villains, sidekicks and potentially damsels. But they're always characters that are somehow noteworthy, and since Pokemon has so many characters, they presumably have to be quite noteworthy to get in.
I love Furret, but as much as it could add something to the game, I won't even dream about its inclusion as a PC.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I already said it before, but he did not show that. The only way he could show that is if he explicitly stated it or if the final roster consisted of only 1st generation Pokemon. And how are we supposed to know about that if all we got so far were two characters?
I think you miss understond me. Remember when EVERYONE was going on and on about how "theres not going to be anymore 1st gen pokemon lol, give the newer gens a rep! The "most likely" gens they will get characters from are the 3rd and 4th gens! So-and-so would be the best rep for w/e gen!"?

Thats what Im talking about. I say this because Mew2 and Jpuff are most likely coming back and theres no guarantee that we will even get one more new pokemon, let alone 3 more to rep 2nd 3rd and 4th gens.

The Pokemon Trainer got those three starters because they were the first and thus the most recognizable. Just like Marth is important due to being the first Lord. It's still very possible that PT gets costume changes to rep the other generations, as he doesn't even have a voice that would require additional work.
*We don't actually KNOW if he has a voice of some kind. And any (IF any) costume change would only be costumes to show other PT and not just to give them "rep"*

But the bolded is my point. They are, regardless of gen, 3 of the MOST well known pokemon in the world and Red is the singal most recognizable PT. This shows us something. . . .that Sakurai doesn't have to "rep" gens evenly (like soo-many people here thought back in the day) and he doesn't just look at what net fans think should go down.

I do see your other point now, though. If we failed to see the potential in the Pokemon Trainer, we might as well miss the potential another Pokemon has to offer.
Exactly for the most part.;)

There's a reasoning behind the "likely characters" count, though. After all, games so far were repped by heroes, villains, sidekicks and potentially damsels. But they're always characters that are somehow noteworthy, and since Pokemon has so many characters, they presumably have to be quite noteworthy to get in.
Which is why I said earlyer that theres a many "random pokemon" BUT the list on these sites were never the 5-7 pokemon Sakurai could only choose from as we can see.

Not only is he willing to unball pokemon from past smash games but we see that he is willing to still pick and do 1st gen pokemon. Not only has he shown us that he looks more at importantance to the series and recognizeablity to the masses, he has also shown us that he doesn't limate choices down to just body shape or "looking like a fighter". Not only can the man choose from any gen at this point, he can also choose from pokemon that where once deemed "unlikely (Like Char)" purely because they where once balled or didn't have the "right shape (AKA, wasn't a 2 legged human shaped pokemon)".

The flood gates have opened, theres ALOT of pokemon he can logicaly (or un-logicaly to us yet logical to him) choose from. For all we know he could just replace Pichu with a Lugiaflied Pachi so that Pika could have his Lugia like Fox/ Link/ Mario and Kriby and be done with Pokemon for brawl.:p

kaid

Smash Master

Not only is he willing to unball pokemon from past smash games but we see that he is willing to still pick and do 1st gen pokemon.
Just a minor point... Charizard is still in a Pokeball. It's just not an item. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are merely facets of Pokemon Trainer's fighting style, and should never be looked at in isolation.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Infernape

Although we'd more likely see first stage starters in Poke Balls, I think Infernape would be a Poke Ball Pokemon that shouldn't be denied so easily. It would attack foes with Flare Blitz.

Jaxi

Smash Rookie
I think Mewtwo and Jiggs are going to return.

And then I think we'll get either Lucario or Aipom. I think Aipom is important to the series atm:

Black/Light

Smash Master
Just a minor point... Charizard is still in a Pokeball. It's just not an item. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are merely facets of Pokemon Trainer's fighting style, and should never be looked at in isolation.
Char is playable and should not be looked at as a weapon like a arrow or bike. He is apart of a 3 poke team. . .the end.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Yea, I'm glad he's staying with first generation. Pokemon goes downhill after it.
Thats really your opinion.

You could say the same thing with any game series if you wanted. Doesn't make it true.

It is my opinion that Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo will return. We will also have one more Pokémon Newcomer. Who that is won't be know until Sakurai decides to reveal it. I would love for it to be Lucario however. Keep in mind this is just my opinion.. I don't know for sure.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Char is playable and should not be looked at as a weapon like a arrow or bike. He is apart of a 3 poke team. . .the end.
Er, no it's not "the end". That is ENTIRELY subjective, one person could think "this is 3 characters in one" and another can think "this is three fighting styles for one character(the Pokemon Trainer)", and BOTH are right.

It doesn't matter if people thought he would work this way. People simply said "Red can't fight. PASS!" to the thought of him. He "could" have worked like how Red fans suggested but at the end of the day people would still say that it's the pokemon that are important and not a general shell for the player.

People just didn't think he would be in no matter how you flip it. He wasn't high on the "list" because people here over looked him. . . thats that.
...That's exactly what I said.

And? Lucario is nowhere near as important as those characters. .
Neither is Jigglypuff.

Ohhh, I bet no one thought Char/ Squirt and Ivy where his "opponents". And this is my point, how in god's name do you limate the amount of pokemon this man can choose from down to just 5-7 that a few web-sites full of smash nerds talk about? Lucario has 400+ "opponents" as fare as we know.
If you honestly think that Sakurai is giving all 400 pokemon equal chances you are REALLY fooling yourself. Honestly. By your logic, Palkia and Dialga are possible candidates.

NONE of the selections for characters so far, not even Ivysaur, are THAT out-there. Yet you expect people to take creatures like Dunsparce, Shellos and Koffing as possible playable characters?? That is far from unrealistic.

There is no such thing as "fitting in" or "having a compatible fighting style (how every you think this thing would fight in real time fighting)" for smash.

If Sakurai cared about something having the shape and "fighting style" of a fighter than RS starters (Blaze/ Grov/ Mudkip) would have been picked over the 4 legged Ivy and flying dragon with stubby arms Char.
There it is again. You don't seem to realize that both Ivysaur and Charizard are NOT that far off from good compatible fighters. Ivysaur has leaves and tentacles that can easily replace punches and kicks, and Charizard's claws are obviously not that stubby if he's using them for one of his special moves.

Your point is half-right: There are lots of pokemon that are compatible, but at the same time, you CAN'T say that ALL pokemon are compatible with a straight face.

. . ..Are you kidding me? Sonic=most wanted character for the game and Sakurai said that himself/ Ike=the most important Lord of resent FE/ Diddy=High on the Melee poll and has his own flipping series/ Lucas=was suppose to be in Melee (much like how Peach/ Browser/ Mew2 where suppose to be in SS64 as it was said on the melee polls). Doesn't take a small team of math teachers to figure out that they where top picks and important characters to include.

None of these where one of 500 pokemon.
....Uhm.. when did Pokemon get into what I said? I said:

"-Sakurai has proven that he's more predictable than unpredictable with the recent new characters that have appeared after Pokemon Trainer."

And you proved it.

"Sonic=most wanted character for the game and Sakurai said that himself/ Ike=the most important Lord of resent FE/ Diddy=High on the Melee poll and has his own flipping series/ Lucas=was suppose to be in Melee (much like how Peach/ Browser/ Mew2 where suppose to be in SS64 as it was said on the melee polls)."

Proof that Sakurai is NOT as unpredictable as people keep claiming. If he were truely unpredictable he'd pit Dixie in the game, or add Jeff from the SNES Earthbound, or an FE character from another of the games that never made it to the states.

He has his predictabilities, and Lucario could very well become victim to that.

Ah, but also realize that the Red Pokemon Trainer is the most recognizable trainer of the genres. If he was going to use a Pokemon trainer, Red would be the most likely candidate.

Besides which, you have NO proof that the girly DP trainer isn't in the game. He(and even the female trainers, as well as the two trainers from RSE) could very well be alternate costumes to Red.

After all, the character is Pokemon Trainer, not Red.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
im pretty sure of it being lucario but because being used in mainy pokemon teams and for advertisement quite alot weavile might have a chance.his animations isnt that hard and his moveset would be easy to create so yeah.(he is also my fav pkmn)

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think you miss understond me. Remember when EVERYONE was going on and on about how "theres not going to be anymore 1st gen pokemon lol, give the newer gens a rep! The "most likely" gens they will get characters from are the 3rd and 4th gens! So-and-so would be the best rep for w/e gen!"?
No, I don't remember. I probably hadn't joined yet.
And, I think you misunderstood me as well. I was just pointing out a flaw in your logic. As far as I'm concerned, Sakurai probably will not rep individual generations. But saying that he "showed" his lack of interest in that concept is just wrong.
I might have failed to make myself clear. I'm absent-minded lately.
Black/Light said:
*We don't actually KNOW if he has a voice of some kind. And any (IF any) costume change would only be costumes to show other PT and not just to give them "rep"*
Oh, we might know. He's seen shouting something in the conference trailer and remains interestingly silent compared to everything else.

Black/Light

Smash Master
No, I don't remember. I probably hadn't joined yet.
And, I think you misunderstood me as well. I was just pointing out a flaw in your logic. As far as I'm concerned, Sakurai probably will not rep individual generations. But saying that he "showed" his lack of interest in that concept is just wrong.

Another miss-understanding. I mean't that he has "shown" that he doesn't HAVE to bring in only the 2 newest gen's pokemon as character choices. As in Red for example. Thats one HUGE thing that everyone claimed he would "logicaly do" which is proven wrong. If Mew2 and Jpuff come back than it doesn't look as if Sakurai cares about having a rep for ever gen.

Oh, we might know. He's seen shouting something in the conference trailer and remains interestingly silent compared to everything else.
If he is shouting than he would look pretty odd if no sound is coming out;)
They could just have not included the voice at the time, I would wait for him to appear playable first in a demo (I HOPE E4 all has him playable but I don't think that will happen) and see what happens than.

squall1207

Smash Cadet
I think Lucaro deserves the last pokemon spot hands down! So pokemon line up should be:
Pikachu
PT
Jiggly puff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Pichu will be drooped giving Picachu pichu's glasses kind of is hinting this!

Black/Light

Smash Master
*Sigh* Don't feel like editing.

Er, no it's not "the end". That is ENTIRELY subjective, one person could think "this is 3 characters in one" and another can think "this is three fighting styles for one character(the Pokemon Trainer)", and BOTH are right.
Kaid has, more than once, refered to the 3 pokemon as nothing more than "weapons". They are 3 playables, not weapons, which is what I was refering to.

...That's exactly what I said.
No, you said he wasn't "high on the list" because no one thought he would fight the way he does which is a cop-out. Read the Red thread before he was confirmed. . . "The pokemon are whats important in the POKEMON series" will be a general theme there, not "if only he had a creative fighting style we would support him. . ."

Neither is Jigglypuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigglypuff Jpuff is (and was back than) the 2nd most popular pokemon of the series right behind Pika who was and still is the most popular pokemon. Back in 64 smash days she was clearly the best shot for a 2nd pokemon.

If you honestly think that Sakurai is giving all 400 pokemon equal chances you are REALLY fooling yourself. Honestly. By your logic, Palkia and Dialga are possible candidates.
If you read any of my other post I clearly state that there are "random pokemon". But the fact of the matter is that if it's owned by Nintendo than Sakurai could choose to make them a character or not. I never said "Sakurai gives all pokemon a = chance" now did I? I said, as fare as we know, he could choose w/e pokemon he wants which means they all have a chance as fare as we (fans with no idea what Sakurai is doing) know.
NONE of the selections for characters so far, not even Ivysaur, are THAT out-there. Yet you expect people to take creatures like Dunsparce, Shellos and Koffing as possible playable characters?? That is far from unrealistic.
*WTH are you talking about? Who takes what character?!?* Ever heard of the phase "random pokemon"? I used it more than 3 times now. And IDK where you have been but at this forum there have been huge arguements about fully 4 legged characters and the general theme here was "w/e character has to be human shaped" because of a list of BS people made up.

There it is again. You don't seem to realize that both Ivysaur and Charizard are NOT that far off from good compatible fighters.
Did I SAY they are "fare from compatible fighters"? My point is that neither of them have the body shapes that one would instantly connect to being arvg fighters.

Your point is half-right: There are lots of pokemon that are compatible, but at the same time, you CAN'T say that ALL pokemon are compatible with a straight face.
Actually, yes, I can even if I didn't actually say that:ohwell:. It's only up to Sakurai and his team's creativity on how they work said body shape. He could make a tetis bloke a character if he so pleases.

....Uhm.. when did Pokemon get into what I said?
You were refering to "predictable" characters and I was staying on topic. Like I said, these characters where only predictable because they where either givens or essential characters.
He has his predictabilities, and Lucario could very well become victim to that.
Lucario=/=Sonic, Lucas, Ike, or Diddy. They where givens and hold high levels of importance. When people say Sakurai can be un-predictable they mean something like ooohhhh IDK making 3 characters work as one inwhich you can swich btw them maybe?

Ah, but also realize that the Red Pokemon Trainer is the most recognizable trainer of the genres. If he was going to use a Pokemon trainer, Red would be the most likely candidate.
Ding ding ding!! We have a winner! (I said that like 3 times now)
Besides which, you have NO proof that the girly DP trainer isn't in the game. He(and even the female trainers, as well as the two trainers from RSE) could very well be alternate costumes to Red.
When did I say they where not in the game?

Hope this clears things up cause I don't plain on replying to anymore huge post.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think Lucaro deserves the last pokemon spot hands down! So pokemon line up should be:
Pikachu
PT
Jiggly puff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Pichu will be drooped giving Picachu pichu's glasses kind of is hinting this!
agreed with your list except maybe Jiggs should be dropped and some other pokemon should take it's spot, as for Pichu's goggles I believe Pikachu in Brawl=Pichu in Melee meaning Pichu evolved from Melee and is now a Pikachu so no Pichu's original form isn't going to return, but rather as a Pikachu

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
^ how is Charizard a ******? I believe your the ****** for misspelling
Um... They said "Charizard is already in, ******." without the comma, but that's what they meant. Besides I wouldn't get onto others for grammatical/spelling mistakes when you do them yourself.

OmegaXXII

Um... They said "Charizard is already in, ******." without the comma, but that's what they meant. Besides I wouldn't get onto others for grammatical/spelling mistakes when you do them yourself.
psshhh....whatever, anyway Charizard is already in so I'm hoping to see him on the heavy side

Sheik-ah-love

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of Charizard being in the game. If anyone has seen the first Pokemon movie (ok, I'll admit it, when it came out in theaters I went to go see the movie) than they will know that Charizard is actually pretty bad a**. They did a good job dealing with Bowser in SSBM, which if anyone who played Mario 64 will know he is pretty slow, so I have no doubt they'll do something similar with Charizard and any future pokemon they decide to use (they could even use Snorlax, though that might take more creativity)

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that charizard will be a heavier character but he can also glide which means he will probably have a good recovery as well, so I think he will be well rounded and I trust Sakurai cause he knows what he's doing.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Yea Koopa it has been a long time, and people shouldn't worry so much about how certain characters are going to play. From the impressions I've read everybody has absolutely loved it and I am not in the least bit upset about the delay cause if I have to wait 2 more months for a game that will be perfect and keep me entertained for years then Im all for it.

I hope Mewtwo returns too.

OmegaXXII

yea Sakurai did a good move by further perfecting Brawl and is smart for doing it, I'm just hoping he will use this time to perfect Mewtwo

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd rather he take that time and change his decision on Cubone and make him playable. :p

I don't think he's taking the time to add characters, though.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Kaid has, more than once, refered to the 3 pokemon as nothing more than "weapons". They are 3 playables, not weapons, which is what I was refering to.
Er, but he's right too. After all Pokemon are nothing more than living weapons used for competition, right? It's still subjective.

No, you said he wasn't "high on the list" because no one thought he would fight the way he does which is a cop-out. Read the Red thread before he was confirmed. . . "The pokemon are whats important in the POKEMON series" will be a general theme there, not "if only he had a creative fighting style we would support him. . ."
Er, no, not "if only he had a creative fighting style", more like "if only the idea of using pokemon to fight would actually come to Sakurai's mind, but it might be too much". And you can't tell me it's not one of the reasons, I'm not saying that what you said is not a reason either. But I wasn't wrong in what I said, there doesn't have to be ONE single reason that the fandom unanimously voted on as to why a character isn't in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigglypuff Jpuff is (and was back than) the 2nd most popular pokemon of the series right behind Pika who was and still is the most popular pokemon. Back in 64 smash days she was clearly the best shot for a 2nd pokemon.
But you said "important", not "popular".

"And? Lucario is nowhere near as important as those characters." <- you

Jigglypuff is not important at all. Popularity is a far different story, and Lucario is one of the most popular 4th gen monsters that either hasn't been balled or is simply too large/abstract to be a fighter.

If you read any of my other post I clearly state that there are "random pokemon". But the fact of the matter is that if it's owned by Nintendo than Sakurai could choose to make them a character or not. I never said "Sakurai gives all pokemon a = chance" now did I? I said, as fare as we know, he could choose w/e pokemon he wants which means they all have a chance as fare as we (fans with no idea what Sakurai is doing) know.
....... You JUST finished saying "I never said Sakurai gives all pokemon a chance, I said as far as we know he can choose whichever pokemon he wants meaning they all have a chance as far as we know."

Don't you see how you have completely contradicted yourself there?

Luckily enough, most of us 'know' better than to think that Sakurai would honestly allow any random pokemon as playable.

*WTH are you talking about? Who takes what character?!?* Ever heard of the phase "random pokemon"?
I just finished giving you random pokemon.

And IDK where you have been but at this forum there have been huge arguements about fully 4 legged characters and the general theme here was "w/e character has to be human shaped" because of a list of BS people made up.
I know that. But despite that, Ivysaur is STILL not that wacky an idea. Never has been.

Now, those "random pokemon" i mentioned..

You were refering to "predictable" characters and I was staying on topic. Like I said, these characters where only predictable because they where either givens or essential characters.
Who's going off topic? The predictable characters are PART of the reason as to how predictable pokemon are still more likely candidates.

Essential characters? Jigglypuff? Givens? Pichu? o.O So far, Pikachu, Mewtwo and Pokemon Trainer would be the only characters that should be considered "essential", Jigglypuff, Lucario, and anyone else in that vein would be purely based on popularity.

Lucario=/=Sonic, Lucas, Ike, or Diddy. They where givens and hold high levels of importance. When people say Sakurai can be un-predictable they mean something like ooohhhh IDK making 3 characters work as one inwhich you can swich btw them maybe?
As I already said, ONE instance of unpredictability in a SEA of predictable arrivals doesn't say that much. Logic and statistics still indicate predictable characters like Lucario as likely candidates for Smash.

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner! (I said that like 3 times now)
Said what?

That even POKEMON TRAINER was ultimately a logical, thus predictable choice, given the avatar used? ;) Thanks.

When did I say they where not in the game?
"He has also shown that he doesn't give 2 monkey's a**es about repping "gens" of pokemon by character. If he did than PT would be that girlly man in DP" <- here.

You can't bring up an example for something that hasn't been proven true or false.

Top Bottom