• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

... I wanted to give Pachi a chance, but it turns out he doesn't even have a support thread. At least not one linked to in the Character Index Thread.
Someone should make that thread. Or just somehow convince me here. How popular is Pachirisu, does it have any roles of importance and how different would he be? A moveset would be nice...

PS: For destroying my hopes of Psyduck, Yuki, I will be forced to punish you.
*sits next to Yuki and proceeds to call him "meany" for 10 hours straight*

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo floated...Anyway, porygon-Z can be animated moving around with his neck as a "leg" ...his legs as his "arms"
But Mewtwo also stood as well and had a body well-equipped for melee fighting(with psychic boosts, of course), what with arms and legs and a tail..

Porygon-Z seems a little too odd in design.. I can't see a very creative or interesting A-button moveset for him, or even any good B-button specials...

Pachirisu could definitely be a luigified Pikachu. But Pokemon is about diversity in my opinion.. I didn't like Pichu being in it in Melee, and I definitely won't like a similar pokemon appearing this time around. I'd much rather have Buneary if I HAD to pick a disgustingly cute pokemon from 4th gen.

. How popular is Pachirisu, does it have any roles of importance and how different would he be?
Pachirisu's importance lies in the anime, as he's one of the heroes' pokemon.

But he's still just an electric, small, rodent-like pokemon, and even has the same electric cheeks. The only real difference is appearance.

Oh yeah, one more Lucario argument I'd like to address. The Riley event where you get your Riolu egg. It's not so special after all. In turns out that Pokemon Diamond/Pearl has references to all four Advanced Generation movies. You fight a double battle against two people that have a Salamence, Dusclops, Kirlia and Mightyena. Sound familiar? The two "villains" from the Jirachi movie. Then you fight a girl who is always on her laptop, and she has a Metagross. A reference to a character in the 7th Pokemon movie. Then we have the eighth movie, where Riley (Aaron) comes in. The 9th movie...well, Pokemon Ranger and Manaphy. Enough said really. So yeah...Lucario doesn't really stand out at all. =/
I don't really see how that proves Lucario doesn't stand out "at all". he obviously stands out enough that even non-biased, professional videogame sites have cited him as very likely: http://wii.ign.com/articles/825/825314p1.html

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

... I wanted to give Pachi a chance, but it turns out he doesn't even have a support thread. At least not one linked to in the Character Index Thread.
Someone should make that thread. Or just somehow convince me here. How popular is Pachirisu, does it have any roles of importance and how different would he be? A moveset would be nice...

PS: For destroying my hopes of Psyduck, Yuki, I will be forced to punish you.
*sits next to Yuki and proceeds to call him "meany" for 10 hours straight*
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120317

Theres afew movesets here. And IGN aint a good sorce to go by. They are probly just going off of what they see on their forums which are a crap load of Deoxy and Lucario fan-boys. I don't think they closely follow the topic of pokemon in smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Porygon has a message for his haters...LOL

Seriously though, his B moves would be awesome...Plus he could attack with his head, legs and tail...

He could even move all glitchy and stuff like Game & Watch

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I did see Cubone in the battle arena.

As for Porygon-Z, I must be missing something; is he like a popular anime character or one of the popular 4th gen creations?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I'm not mean, I'm just.....@_@!

Awesome Porygon picture. You know, I'm confident that Porygon Z will find its way into Brawl. After all, Porygon was in 64 and Porygon 2 was in Melee...so I think Porygon Z has a good chance of being in Brawl....

.....delivering yet another high speed Tackle as he has done for the past few years. >_>;

@ PyrasTerran: You've got a point, but Lucario is still overhyped IMO. Look at the poll results, as an example.If Lucario was so big as everyone says, he would've been on the poll at least 3 or 4 times, easily. His movie was released in July 2005, he was known of since February 2005, there is no excuse for him not to be on that poll. The other Pokemon at least have the excuse of not having their game released until September 2006, but not Lucario and the other pre-hype 4th generation Pokes. So for now, in my opinion he isn't even up there with Ridley, Diddy, Ike, WW Link, Krystal, Takamaru etc's level of hype. Only here on SWF, really. I mean, even Red was the third most wanted Pokemon character for Melee's poll and look at how many people reacted badly to that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I did see Cubone in the battle arena.

As for Porygon-Z, I must be missing something; is he like a popular anime character or one of the popular 4th gen creations?
...I don't like pokemon because they are popular...I like them because they are good, cool, and etc.

He is one of the more powerful 4th gen though with a special equel to Alakazam...and even exceeds him because of abilities

Black/Light

Smash Master
@ PyrasTerran: You've got a point, but Lucario is still overhyped IMO. Look at the poll results, as an example.If Lucario was so big as everyone says, he would've been on the poll at least 3 or 4 times, easily. His movie was released in July 2005, he was known of since February 2005, there is no excuse for him not to be on that poll. The other Pokemon at least have the excuse of not having their game released until September 2006, but not Lucario and the other pre-hype 4th generation Pokes. So for now, in my opinion he isn't even up there with Ridley, Diddy, Ike, WW Link, Krystal, Takamaru etc's level of hype. Only here on SWF, really. I mean, even Red was the third most wanted Pokemon character for Melee's poll and look at how many people reacted badly to that.
Well, Gard was the only one on that list so theres no telling what will happen. As I said, IGN is probly only going by whats on their forums (Lucario/ Deoxy fan-boys) and don't follow pokemon in smash all that feeply. Much like how "show me your news" goes by whats on this site so them making a guess is just that.

Im personally going with the roles-line up we see in other series like Mario and LoZ. Hero - Pika+ Red// Female - Jpuff and/or Buneary// Luigifled best bud - Pachi// Villian - Mew2.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Well, Gard was the only one on that list so theres no telling what will happen. As I said, IGN is probly only going by whats on their forums (Lucario/ Deoxy fan-boys) and don't follow pokemon in smash all that feeply. Much like how "show me your news" goes by whats on this site so them making a guess is just that.
I doubt it, the fact that they knew what Starmen.net is proves that they really are doing their research.

Besides which, did they actually showcase Deoxys at all in their Smash it Up feature??

Yet at the same time, he's the most requested pokemon here in the boards, and recognized as the most wanted pokemon by IGN, as well as other places and polls around the internet.

The Sakurai poll doesn't lie, of course, but then again neither do the numbers shown in this very poll right here.

Whether or not he is overhyped, Lucario is obviously SOME kind of popular, especially if he's lasted this long on the fence.

Right now, the real question is whether or not Lucario is popular, because that can keep being proven and disproven for a while given the evidence that both backs it up and deconfirms it... it's whether or not Sakurai thinks he's good enough to be on the roster. That is where our brains should lie.

handy

Smash Apprentice
Im personally going with the roles-line up we see in other series like Mario and LoZ. Hero - Pika+ Red// Female - Jpuff and/or Buneary// Luigifled best bud - Pachi// Villian - Mew2.
Finally! Someone else shares the same logic as mine, well, sorta.

Mario = Link = Pikachu
Bowser = Ganondorf = Mewtwo
Peach = Zelda = Jigglypuff

Luigi can go whoever you want. Can be anybody as long as Jiggs and Mewtwo come back (which are really high chances, imo)

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
Deoxys, Munchlax, Meowth and of course Lucario were the only ones popular enough to become Pokemon newcomers! Now we only got Lucario left... I just hope he makes it in!

P.S. Single starters are still not gonna make it in as PC! :demon: I just can't wait for Blaziken to show up as a Pokeball Pokemon so I can laugh in your face, Blaziken fanboys! :demon: *evil laughter*

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
good thing he didn't otherwise it might have affected Lucario's chances but now that Meowth isn't playable, it actually raises his chances so the only possible pokemon I believe are gonna make the cut are Mewtwo, Lucario, and maybe Jiggs, but personally I really don't like Jiggs I'd rather see Blazakin instead

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
good thing he didn't otherwise it might have affected Lucario's chances but now that Meowth isn't playable, it actually raises his chances so the only possible pokemon I believe are gonna make the cut are Mewtwo, Lucario, and maybe Jiggs, but personally I really don't like Jiggs I'd rather see Blazakin instead
I agree Koopa those three are the most likely characters left and I hope that's how it turns out in the end.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I really hope Mewtwo makes it back. I'd love to verse pokemon trainer with Mewtwo and Ridley. And I really hope Lucario makes it in. Someone has to represent the 4th generation of pokemon. And Lucario's chances keep on getting higher.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I doubt it, the fact that they knew what Starmen.net is proves that they really are doing their research.

Besides which, did they actually showcase Deoxys at all in their Smash it Up feature??
Starman.net aint a big secret and Im talking about pokemon in smash. Deoxy was balled before they talked about pokemon.

If you read it their thing about Lucario is basicaly what you hear in forum talk. . . "Popular new pokemon thats ACTUALLY a fighting type". Plus, Duck Hunt Dog made it on that list. Most of their list sounds odd when you look at the others anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Starman.net aint a big secret and Im talking about pokemon in smash. Deoxy was balled before they talked about pokemon.

If you read it their thing about Lucario is basicaly what you hear in forum talk. . . "Popular new pokemon thats ACTUALLY a fighting type".
Smash it up is IGN....What does Starment have to do with it...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Smash it up is IGN....What does Starment have to do with it...
Someone said that them knowing what Starment is "proves" that they do deep research on smash and as a result that "proves" that Lucario being on thier Smash IT Up list was only picked do to deep unbias research.:ohwell:

OmegaXXII

yea he would definetly be a clone of everyone, which got me thinking what if ditto does return as a pokemon pokeball (he was in the debug menu in Melee) and transforms into it's opponent and suddenly hunts them down to attack, or he could randomly transform into any other pokemon and do their moves

OmegaXXII

no, I meant Ditto could turn into the other pokeball pokemon that are gonna appear in brawl such as Munchlax, Deoxys, Groudon not all 450, that would be insane

Black/Light

Smash Master
Finally! Someone else shares the same logic as mine, well, sorta.

Mario = Link = Pikachu
Bowser = Ganondorf = Mewtwo
Peach = Zelda = Jigglypuff

Luigi can go whoever you want. Can be anybody as long as Jiggs and Mewtwo come back (which are really high chances, imo)
Yeah, I agree for the most part. IMO it should be like this. . .

Mario - Link - Pika/Red - Fox
Bowser - Ganon - Mew2 - Wolf
Peach - Zelda - Jpuff or Buneary - K-fox
Luigi - Y.Link - Pachi - Falco
Toad - Tingla - none - none
Jr Bowser - Midna - none - none

IDK if LoZ would get any more but Shadow Mario and Shiek would be ok.

I think pokemon would do just fine with 5 selectable characters (IF theres any new ones) seeing as Red is really 3 (meaning there would be 7 playable pokemon in such a case).

kaid

Smash Master
Meowth's loss has reduced Lucario's competition... but there is no guarentee that even he will make it through the trials ahead. We must keep faith, my bretheren, and pray that Lord Sakurai sees fit to grant us this boon.

OmegaXXII

Meowth's loss has reduced Lucario's competition... but there is no guarentee that even he will make it through the trials ahead. We must keep faith, my bretheren, and pray that Lord Sakurai sees fit to grant us this boon.
AMEN to that!!

Zevox

Smash Lord
You know, at this point, I don't trust any Pokèmon predictions. Almost every major prediction from any part of the world has been systematically deconfirmed via Pokèballs (first Deoxys, then Munchlax, Gardevoir, and now Meowth), and the one confirmed newcomer we have gotten, Pokèmon Trainer, was a complete curve ball no one saw coming. With that and the fact that there are nearly 500 different critters to choose between, I'm beginning to suspect that its going to be impossible to accurately predict who will actually get in.

Zevox

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Starman.net aint a big secret
It is to 70% of my Smash friends, people who don't even frequent the Smashboards or IGN or anywhere else that much. People like us aren't exactly in the majority, there's a large group of people who only visit one site or don't even bother checking this stuff out. There are Smash Bros. fans that don't even know Sonic or Pokemon Trainer are in it yet.

If you read it their thing about Lucario is basicaly what you hear in forum talk. . . "Popular new pokemon thats ACTUALLY a fighting type".
That argument holds no water.

Where else would that talk come from?

There's only two kinds of Smash talk, after all: the talk in forums and the talk with friends outside forums.

And IGN certainly can't look at the talk you talk with your friends.

Besides of which, the fact that Lucario's fighting type would serve for a good fighter is pretty logical. Maybe that's why so many people have thought of it?

So you've proven nothing.

You know, at this point, I don't trust any Pokèmon predictions. Almost every major prediction from any part of the world has been systematically deconfirmed via Pokèballs (first Deoxys, then Munchlax, Gardevoir, and now Meowth), and the one confirmed newcomer we have gotten, Pokèmon Trainer, was a complete curve ball no one saw coming. With that and the fact that there are nearly 500 different critters to choose between, I'm beginning to suspect that its going to be impossible to accurately predict who will actually get in.
I agree with you for the most part, except that all 500 other monsters are candidates. At the most 1/3 of those monsters really are viable candidates.

Charizard for brawl!
Isn't Charizard already IN brawl though?

Zevox

Smash Lord
I agree with you for the most part, except that all 500 other monsters are candidates. At the most 1/3 of those monsters really are viable candidates.
Even so, thats about 160 different options, which is still a huge range - far more than in any other series.

Zevox

Top Bottom