• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

trueBLUE

Smash Cadet
Simple Answer, Lucario.

seriously, he's the only one who would have even the slightest chance fitting in...

Lucario (In my opinion) would be like:

"Oh you got Mewtwo in my C. Falcon!"

"Hey buddy, you got C. Falcon all over my Mewtwo!"

...the birth of Lucario.....

Black/Light

Smash Master
*Sorry, Im not reading anymore long a** post*
Humm, Eevee has 82 votes. I wonder how he would fight. . . LOL, I could just see him having a tiny fury!

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
*Sorry, Im not reading anymore long a** post*
Fine by me, I said what I needed to. Though I doubt you didn't at least read it, but I'll leave it at that. ;)

Simple Answer, Lucario.

seriously, he's the only one who would have even the slightest chance fitting in...

Lucario (In my opinion) would be like:

"Oh you got Mewtwo in my C. Falcon!"

"Hey buddy, you got C. Falcon all over my Mewtwo!"

...the birth of Lucario.....
funny :D

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Simple Answer, Lucario.

What are you talking about? There are PLENTY of Pokemon that would fit in Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Pokemon such as? PK Trainer has all of the first gen good ones, and Lucario is the only one that stands out in recent gens.
Stands out? That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about fitting in as a playable character...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With Pokemon is about popularity, most pokemon could have an amazing moveset except Wobbuffett and Goldeen, but that doesn't mean they can be playable.
Do you people support the pokemon ONLY because he's popular?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
With Pokemon is about popularity, most pokemon could have an amazing moveset except Wobbuffett and Goldeen, but that doesn't mean they can be playable.
I still don't think you are understanding what I'm talking about. "FITTING IN", means that they would fit in the game. I'm not arguing about chances and stuff like that, just FITTING IN. The majority of Pokemon could FIT IN.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Fine by me, I said what I needed to. Though I doubt you didn't at least read it, but I'll leave it at that. ;)
Actually, no, I didn't. If I read it I will most likely feel like replying so to stick to my word I didn't read it. I said my peace and hoped it would end there but I guess I have to make it end cause I plan on not doing the huge post debate where nothing will be resovled.

And vesperview must be smoken that weed. . ."Lucario is the only pokemon that can fit" wth?:laugh:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Define "fitting in" when it comes to SSBB. No one would've ever expected PT to be playable or the way he would play out. No one expected Sakurai to add Ice Climbers to Melee. Deoxys, who could've "fit in", ended up being a Pokeball; same goes for Gardevoir and lots of other Pokemon or characters who ended up being an AT. Therefore Lucario is not a sure bet of being in as playable.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Actually, no, I didn't. If I read it I will most likely feel like replying so to stick to my word I didn't read it. I said my peace and hoped it would end there but I guess I have to make it end cause I plan on not doing the huge post debate where nothing will be resovled.
Like I said, "I'll leave it at that".. but you seem to want to prove something. *shrug*

Therefore Lucario is not a sure bet of being in as playable.
Depends on your definition of fitting in.

Meowth still fits, right?

It's both compatibility as a fighting character(which prevents pokemon like Koffing and Horsea from being playable) and popularity/significance to the franchise.

Meowth fits both bills, as he is not only compatible but he is also popular and significant to the franchise as far as the show is concerned. Lucario fits this as well, his significance coming from his given representative role of the 4th gen pokemon along with others like Munchlax.

What other Pokemon can we find that also fit the bill?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Like I said, "I'll leave it at that".. but you seem to want to prove something. *shrug*
I like to explain myself homs, nothing big or new.:ohwell: If you left it there than you wouldn't be replying now would you?

And I guess we all forgot about the tetris bloke comment....

Like I said, theres no such thing as "fitting in".

Black/Light

Smash Master
****, whats up with that explaination?

"Meowth. It’s considered a major Pokémon, but it did not show up in Melee. It now makes its first appearance since the original Smash Bros"

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't see how Meowth being in a Pokeball increases Lucario's chances -_-'. Seriously, it could also mean Lucario's chances are lowered since they said Meowth was popular. That means popularity doesn't determine who's playable or not. PT may be the only newcomer from Pokemon.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't see how Meowth being in a Pokeball increases Lucario's chances -_-'. Seriously, it could also mean Lucario's chances are lowered since they said Meowth was popular. That means popularity doesn't determine who's playable or not. PT may be the only newcomer from Pokemon.
I concur. Thats one reason why I think Lucario fans live in their own lala land. Meowth was way more popular and well know in general yet he got balled.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
You can interpret it both ways really. There is more than one side to an argument. Just wait and see what Sakurai does.

-Knight.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I like to explain myself homs, nothing big or new. If you left it there than you wouldn't be replying now would you?
lol, way to "make it end", 'homs'. :p

In other news..

AHAHAHAHAHA

I was JUST talking about Meowth tonight! XD

Oh man, I do apologize.. I don't have anything against Meowth.

Anyway.

Kirby Knight is right, it can be interpreted both ways:

Anti-Lucario - The fact that every popular pokemon thus far has been balled means that Lucario may be a similar victim, as Sakurai may not add a new pokemon character past Pokemon Trainer, deciding not to represent any other generation of pokemon through a playable character for the purpose of being faithful to the original franchise.

Pro-Lucario - This is all a series of events that can only lead to Lucario being the last one available, and considering his more logical reasoning to being playable than even the other likely candidates, he becomes more and more a shoe-in as his competition is balled.

It's like Sakurai's comment about Ness.

Right now all that is left is for Sakurai to tell it to us straight.

But seriously, can someone give me other pokemon examples that can replace Lucario?

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
You must have an odd concept of end. :/ *shrug* I'll amuse you, I guess.

Hey, I'm serious, someone PLEASE tell me who else other than Lucario can make it in now, I honestly want to know who else is competition for a spot.

Does anyone thing Plusle and Minum still stand a chance?

Fawriel

Smash Master
There is now only one logical choice left.

Porygon-Z.

Hey, I'm serious, someone PLEASE tell me who else other than Lucario can make it in now, I honestly want to know who else is competition for a spot.
I'll be sure to laugh at everyone who suggests Blaziken.
Anyway.

Darkrai, Lopunny, Psyduck, Arceus... ... Gallade, maybe... and of course, Porygon-Z. Yes.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
You must have an odd concept of end. :/ *shrug* I'll amuse you, I guess.

Two senerios can happen:

1. The pokemon series is already overpopulated so it will not get another character.
2. Darkrai's fanbase will suddenly grow.

-Knight

Black/Light

Smash Master
Actually, my concept of "end" means we are no longer on that topic NOR are we debating about that topic. Right now you just keep replying to me about "the end".;)

On topic, Pachi for brawl.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Actually, my concept of "end" means we are no longer on that topic NOR are we debating about that topic. Right now you just keep replying to me about "the end".
So.. it's okay to end on-topic debates but not off-topic ones? o.ô

Right.. I'll end this one right now, proper. :p

There is now only one logical choice left.

Porygon-Z.
I think I'm missing a joke reference somewhere o_o

Granted, how would Porygon-Z work considering his floaty-ness?

1. The pokemon series is already overpopulated so it will not get another character.
That is Wiseguy's prediction as well. Though lately he hasn't been too great at predicting, has he?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I'm sticking to my beliefs that Pachirisu has just as much of a chance as Lucario. In all honesty, I really fail to see where the confidence in Lucario comes from.

The 8th movie? It's old news by now. Darkrai is the new thing, and like Lucario it has a typing that was never represented in the Smash series.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? *looks at Gardevoir* Enough said. Interestingly enough, this also puts a stab into my Pachirisu argument, but for the sequel to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pachirisu and Riolu/Lucario are exclusive to one version. If these Pokemon are so popular, wouldn't you want them to be availible on both...or maybe even be a starter like Pikachu?

Lesse...where else does Lucario appear....he's not in the anime right now, unless you count the opening. He pretty much plays the "Absol" of the opening, appearing with two Pokemon represented by a recently hyped movie (Latios/Latias and Palkia/Dialga). Pachirisu broke a long time show rule with a main character who is on the same footing as Ash being able to have an electric rodent on their team.

Merchandise? I've seen Pachirisu on more merchandise than Lucario.

Umm...what more can I say? I'm starting to think Lucario is way overhyped, especially for someone who was introduced at the same time as Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr and Weavile. =l

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
...But Pachirisu seems to be nothing more than a Luigified Pikachu when it comes down to it.

Having two electric, rodent-like pokemon kinda defeats the purpose of having removed Pichu, doesn't it? it'd really be just a costume swap..

I mean, what would Pachirisu's final smash even be?

Idunno, I'd actually rather have any other pokemon than one that is so similar to Pikachu, hell, I'd even rather have none at ALL if it means Pachirisu is replaced for a character from another franchise..... I'd actually much rather have Buneary.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Umm...what more can I say? I'm starting to think Lucario is way overhyped, especially for someone who was introduced at the same time as Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr and Weavile. =l
I came to that resolve months ago. Don't know anyone with a non-fanatic reson for the blue dog.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yeah, I'd be in agreement with Pachirisu if it wasn't just... another electric rodent.
I actually like its design enough that I might just prefer it over Lucario...
...but Sakurai seems to pay some attention to what a character could actually bring to Brawl in terms of style.

You can use the "can have an original moveset" excuse all you want, but the question is, is there really one big, fundamental difference between the two?

Oh, also: Psyduck!

Black/Light

Smash Master
You can use the "can have an original moveset" excuse all you want, but the question is, is there really one big, fundamental difference between the two?
Well, the way I see it, Pachi would be Pika's Luigia. All the big star heros from the big games have thier "Luigified" or "look-alike" self. Link has Y.Link (mostlikely to be different if he comes back), Fox has Falco (should be Luigified for brawl), Samus has . . .herself and Kriby has MK (They look alike regardless of Mk's sword, mask and wings).

Pika had Pichu melee. . . and could now have Pachi as his Luigified Luigia. Just tossing out a simply thought on the matter.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So.. it's okay to end on-topic debates but not off-topic ones? o.ô

Right.. I'll end this one right now, proper. :p

I think I'm missing a joke reference somewhere o_o

Granted, how would Porygon-Z work considering his floaty-ness?

That is Wiseguy's prediction as well. Though lately he hasn't been too great at predicting, has he?

Mewtwo floated...Anyway, porygon-Z can be animated moving around with his neck as a "leg" ...his legs as his "arms"

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Psyduck's got no chance. His trainer and himself left the show along time ago, and Psyduck wasn't even repped in either 64 or Melee. =/

Oh yeah, one more Lucario argument I'd like to address. The Riley event where you get your Riolu egg. It's not so special after all. In turns out that Pokemon Diamond/Pearl has references to all four Advanced Generation movies. You fight a double battle against two people that have a Salamence, Dusclops, Kirlia and Mightyena. Sound familiar? The two "villains" from the Jirachi movie. Then you fight a girl who is always on her laptop, and she has a Metagross. A reference to a character in the 7th Pokemon movie. Then we have the eighth movie, where Riley (Aaron) comes in. The 9th movie...well, Pokemon Ranger and Manaphy. Enough said really. So yeah...Lucario doesn't really stand out at all. =/

Top Bottom