• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

BenB

Smash Cadet
Yeah, unless there's some kind of lock on feature for Lucario, it's probably not going to happen. Maybe he'll shoot 1 Aura Sphere and then it'll be controllable like Ness' PK Thunder. That might be kind of lame though. Oh well, homing was a nice thought though.
Yeah. the thought of repeating ness's pk thunder sounds horrendous, at least at first...but think about a continuous shot, controlled like PK Thunder. :laugh: I know, I know, very stupid...but i can picture how funny it would be.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Or perhaps the Aura Sphere can be like the Super Scope shooting a bunch of different shots. It's continuous and fast. But instead of a straight shot, you can make them go up and down kind of like you can do with the Cracker Launcher.

BenB

Smash Cadet
Or perhaps the Aura Sphere can be like the Super Scope shooting a bunch of different shots. It's continuous and fast. But instead of a straight shot, you can make them go up and down kind of like you can do with the Cracker Launcher.
That would be workable...but all i can think of when i imagine Aura Sphere shooting up, is mewtwos forward grab that shoots the shadow ball.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I think we can agree that aura sphere has many possibilities so lets change the subject...Lucario's Final Smash: Close Combat?
Close Combat sounds cool. But I'm hoping for more of an ethereal Final Smash. Lucario is very meditative, so maybe his meditation unleashes some kind of cool aura attack or something.

BenB said:
hat would be workable...but all i can think of when i imagine Aura Sphere shooting up, is mewtwos forward grab that shoots the shadow ball.
Yeah that's true. Looks like Mewtwo will have to change his grab attack.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Close Combat sounds cool. But I'm hoping for more of an ethereal Final Smash. Lucario is very meditative, so maybe his meditation unleashes some kind of cool aura attack or something.
Hmm I like the idea of Lucario running into the center of the stage; the screen would then get a little darker, Lucario would unleash a wave of Aura Energy. Anyone who's touched by the Aura Energy has there own Aura revealed, then Lucario summons Aura Spheres from all angles of the stage; and they'd home in on anyone that had their Aura revealed.

:p Or just have Lucario beating the **** out of someone with Close Combat combo's finishing them off with a huge Aura Sphere burst.

-Knight

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
that would work...its just, when i think pokemon, my first thought is never on close combat...
That's why you think outside the box. I thought of a cool FS for Mewtwo too but i forgot where i said that it was a while ago.

^@Psycho: Yes he does plus he learns swords dance which can make him rather fearsome which is what i did with mine.

BenB

Smash Cadet
When it comes to final smashes, i think, the flashier the better :chuckle: Not to say that i'm disappointed with links final smash, as its flashy in its own right, but...i just think they could do some cool stuff with characters like, Lucario and the other pokemon, as they control the elements a lot of the time. :p Flashy Lucario FS FTW

This is a good thread, and I'll be sure to come back later, but for now I'm going to EB games to preorder brawl...have fun guys...

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Hmm I like the idea of Lucario running into the center of the stage; the screen would then get a little darker, Lucario would unleash a wave of Aura Energy. Anyone who's touched by the Aura Energy has there own Aura revealed, then Lucario summons Aura Spheres from all angles of the stage; and they'd home in on anyone that had their Aura revealed.

:p Or just have Lucario beating the **** out of someone with Close Combat combo's finishing them off with a huge Aura Sphere burst.

-Knight
Both of those work and they'd both be epic. I think we should stick more towards moves that exist in game for FSs though...

Lucario doesn't have that good attack stats
BP DD to him, then say that.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Why do you think Lucario's moveset options are so lackluster. He's one of the few pokemon that can actually 2HKO Blissey with a special attack as well as having an amazing movepool; making him hard to predict.

-Knight
. . .Who said anything about move-sets? And I haven't personaly seen a powerful Lucario. . . mot to say he can't be good in the games, just that I don't see amy that are really strong.

And why are you all talking about pokemon stats?

Micahc

Smash Ace
Base 110 Special attack and attack. Can you say Mixed sweeper? Choice band sweeper? Choice specs sweeper? Endure reversaler? Baton pass recipient?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Infernape and Darkrai for Brawl!

Also, shouldn't Lucario's FS be Extremespeed? His Aura Sphere could be a projectile attack. Take a look:

B: Aura Sphere- Chargeable attack. Shoots orange ball for high damage.

B^: Sky Uppercut- A soaring uppercut that sends him high up into the air.

BV: Dark Pulse- Does little damage, but Shield stuns the enemy.

B>: Force Palm- A Raptor Punch-esque attack. DOes good damage and kb.

FS: Extremespeed- Lucario moves in flasehs and does over fifteen hit combos due to Extremespeed being, well... VERY fast...

I'd post a full moveset, but I r too bored right now...:dizzy:

smashbot226

Smash Master
How bout a Darkrai moveset? I know what some people say about that ANYTHING can have a moveset, but it takes a truly amazing character to support one. Darkrai is one of them.

A: Darkrai scratches the foe with both claws.

A>: A sideswipe with Darkrai's claws.

AV: Darkrai spins and his feet(?) give off dark energy, tripping close by foes.

Dash A: He holds his palms out and releases evil energy. Multi hit capable.

Smash A>: A strong downward swipe with both claws. Slow, but powerful.

Smash AV: Darkrai summons black magic to create a small vacuum to damage foes, like Mew2's Smash A^.

Smash A^: Darkrai's hair(?) starts flailing. Good combo keeper.

Aerial A: Releases some dark energy frim his palm.

Aerial AV: A dive head first.

Aerial A^: A flipkick.

Aerial A>: A slash that leaves behind dark energy.

Aerial A<: Darkrai spins with claws outstretched.

Grab A: Darkrai squeezes foe's throat with gripping hand.

Grab >: Fires off a Will O Wisp that pushes and burns the opponent back.

Grab <: Darkrai uses Night Shade to flip the opponent over him backwards.

Grab V: Places palms on foe's head and uses Nightmare, slamming the foe.

Grab ^: Lifts opponent above Darkrai's head, and launches using Thunder.

Taunt: Darkrai spins and roars.

B: Focus Punch- Chargeable punch that can do massive damage.

B^: Shadow Claw- Uses a rising Shadow Claw.

BV: Payback- A countermove. More powerful attack=More damage dealt.

B>: Hypnosis- Puts opponent to sleep.

FS: Dark Void- Enters a special state called Void Mode.

Whenever a foe falls asleep, their health is drained by Darkrai even when his health is full until the foe wakes up. The initial activation puts all three foes to sleep, but they wake up. The backround then has darkness over it instead of the norm. Every time afterwards activation does Darkrai put an enemy to sleep, he drains more health. The draining is automatic and requires no contact. Hypnosis + this = pwnage.

LordRevan1

Smash Rookie
How bout a Darkrai moveset? I know what some people say about that ANYTHING can have a moveset, but it takes a truly amazing character to support one. Darkrai is one of them.

A: Darkrai scratches the foe with both claws.

A>: A sideswipe with Darkrai's claws.

AV: Darkrai spins and his feet(?) give off dark energy, tripping close by foes.

Dash A: He holds his palms out and releases evil energy. Multi hit capable.

Smash A>: A strong downward swipe with both claws. Slow, but powerful.

Smash AV: Darkrai summons black magic to create a small vacuum to damage foes, like Mew2's Smash A^.

Smash A^: Darkrai's hair(?) starts flailing. Good combo keeper.

Aerial A: Releases some dark energy frim his palm.

Aerial AV: A dive head first.

Aerial A^: A flipkick.

Aerial A>: A slash that leaves behind dark energy.

Aerial A<: Darkrai spins with claws outstretched.

Grab A: Darkrai squeezes foe's throat with gripping hand.

Grab >: Fires off a Will O Wisp that pushes and burns the opponent back.

Grab <: Darkrai uses Night Shade to flip the opponent over him backwards.

Grab V: Places palms on foe's head and uses Nightmare, slamming the foe.

Grab ^: Lifts opponent above Darkrai's head, and launches using Thunder.

Taunt: Darkrai spins and roars.

B: Focus Punch- Chargeable punch that can do massive damage.

B^: Shadow Claw- Uses a rising Shadow Claw.

BV: Payback- A countermove. More powerful attack=More damage dealt.

B>: Hypnosis- Puts opponent to sleep.

FS: Dark Void- Enters a special state called Void Mode.

Whenever a foe falls asleep, their health is drained by Darkrai even when his health is full until the foe wakes up. The initial activation puts all three foes to sleep, but they wake up. The backround then has darkness over it instead of the norm. Every time afterwards activation does Darkrai put an enemy to sleep, he drains more health. The draining is automatic and requires no contact. Hypnosis + this = pwnage.
Holy sh*t. Good job on that man

Black/Light

Smash Master
I voted for Lucario. ^_^

Why wouldn't he be included? He pretty much IS the 4th generation of Pokemon.
Why "wouldn't" he be in? Maybe because he is one of 500 pokemon and has lil more than a co-starring role in a 2 year old movie and a few sites with Smash nerds supporting him as a reason for him to get in?:ohwell:

"He pretty much IS the 4th gen of pokemon". .. How is that? He doesn't repersent anything new to the series that shows up in the 4th gen nor is he pushed very hard as a advertizement figure from the looks of it.

But on the Darkrai move-set.
That Darkrai move-set looks cool but I think that the B and Up B should be more sneaky like. . . Like Faint Up B where he becomes a shadow and moves something like Pika's Up B and something else for the reg B.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I voted for Lucario. ^_^

Why wouldn't he be included? He pretty much IS the 4th generation of Pokemon.

-_-

Darkrai? Munchlax? Sure, Lucario is a good rep, but... Darkrai kicks *** to the seventh power, Lucario kicks *** to the fourth, whereas Pichu kicks no *** at all. :p

Anyhoo, There really should be a showdown between Darkrai and Lucario.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
I would like to see Lucario in the game, the only playable Legendary should be Mewtwo (I'd like to play as Deoxys but hes in a Pokeball) so a strong Pokemon thats rather popular that isn't a Legendary seems like a good idea.

I also want Bulbasaur in the game someone, even if hes an alternate costume for Pokemon Trainer's Ivysaur, I want Bulbasaur!

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
-_-

Darkrai? Munchlax? Sure, Lucario is a good rep, but... Darkrai kicks *** to the seventh power, Lucario kicks *** to the fourth, whereas Pichu kicks no *** at all. :p

Anyhoo, There really should be a showdown between Darkrai and Lucario.
Darkrai vs. Lucario could go either way, it depends on what moves they know and their stats, either way both of them are awesome. Mewtwo owns them both however.

Top Bottom