• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
Out of that list, I'd say Lucario is the only one with a good chance for Brawl, though I'd prefer Blaziken, and Gengar would kick ***.

Imagine that- his B moves could be any variety of his pokemon moves- maybe Night Shade, and Dream Eater could steal their health and give it to you. His taunt would be his classic tongue stick-out thing that he's had for every 3D pokemon game I beleive... Gengar Kirby would be odd....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I find that Boltbeam can kill anything. Except Magnezone, who is too good, but that's something else entirely...

Flamethrower, HP [Fight/Fire] and Focus Blast can also work
Boltbeam??? What is that?

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Huh... you know, I can't honestly say any Pokemon character at this point 'deserves' a spot in Brawl. Pokemon, in general, deserves representation and they got it (well done at this point) but in terms of what would be 'interesting' to see, I'd have to say Lucario's Fighting/Steel type moves, or Heracross's Bug type moves would be interesting...

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Huh... you know, I can't honestly say any Pokemon character at this point 'deserves' a spot in Brawl. Pokemon, in general, deserves representation and they got it (well done at this point) but in terms of what would be 'interesting' to see, I'd have to say Lucario's Fighting/Steel type moves, or Heracross's Bug type moves would be interesting...
What Bug-type moves?

Heracross only has 1...the Megahorn

Pirateman

Smash Cadet
Out of these pokemon I have to say Charizard. Because he has been around longer than any other and has not been in a Smash game as a character up until now. Now, if Charizard was out of this poll, I would say Lucario. (My vote for charizard is pretty much not needed, because he is already in)

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
What Bug-type moves?

Heracross only has 1...the Megahorn
Aside from Megahorn (and by the bye, using his horn as his 'grab and throw' would be brilliant), he could use a bevy of insect moves, such as Bug Sound... I know I've seen quite a number of new Bug-Type moves in Diamond so far...

Unless I'm mistaken, Heracross is a large beetle and has wings tucked under his shell, meaning he'd be able to fly back to the stage as well.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Aside from Megahorn (and by the bye, using his horn as his 'grab and throw' would be brilliant), he could use a bevy of insect moves, such as Bug Sound... I know I've seen quite a number of new Bug-Type moves in Diamond so far...

Unless I'm mistaken, Heracross is a large beetle and has wings tucked under his shell, meaning he'd be able to fly back to the stage as well.
Bug Sound does not exist. Did you mean Bug Buzz? And it doesn't matter how many Bug attacks there are because Heracross only has 1 of them.

Heracross can glide and is super strong...Broken? Of course not!

B-Moveset:
B: Megahorn
>B: Night Slash
^B: Aerial Ace
VB: Endure/Counter/BrickBreak
FS: Close Combat

Comments?

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Heracross as a character seems very unlikely. At the most, they'll add one more Pokemon in addition to the two already confirmed as well as the two that are probably going to return from Melee (Jiggs and M2). But I'm guessing that only four will make the cut. It's possible that there could be five though, and if there are, it would have to be a character that represents the pokemon series, both game and anime. So far, all of the Pokemon from the Smash games are pretty popular in the anime. Mewtwo was in the first movie, Jigglypuff made regular appearances throughout the first few seasons, Pikachu is obvious, and Pichu was in a few mini movies (or maybe just one I forget). Pokemon Trainer is a cool character thrown in to show some originality and awesomness, plus he is the protagonist for the first Pokemon games ever created. See where this is going? All chars, excluding Pichu, have made appearances and have become popular due to their roots to the first...everything. They may mix it up this time around with Lucario or whatever, but they're going to stick with a character who is largely popular among audiences. I'd love Gengar to be a char, but he isn't largely popular, just like Heracross isn't.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lucario will always beat any other pokemon characters that have a chance to get into the game

hands down
Just like he beat Char/ Squirt and Ivy before they where confirmed? What about Jpuff/ Mew2?:ohwell:
(I wish people would stop over-rating that thing. . . )

I love the idea of Heracross being in Brawl as the first bug type in smash. But I still have to go with Darkrai/ Manaphy as my "next and last. . . IF theres a next and last" Pokemon pick.

@Aphotik: Meowth is the only one that has all of that stuff that was in your wall of text....Not that I fully agree with what you where saying.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I wuvs Hera. :grin:
With Megahorn, Heracross would lower his horn, charge, and ram upwards, causing M455ive D4m4g3 and upwards movement.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
@Aphotik: Meowth is the only one that has all of that stuff that was in your wall of text....Not that I fully agree with what you where saying.
Meowth actually seems like a cool addition. I'd be happy if he made it into Brawl. But he has too many haters (according to the people of this thread) and him being in Brawl is unlikely.

Anyway, like I said, they may mix it up this time around and throw in some 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen pokes into the roster. If anything, it'll be one from one of the movies or one that is largely popular in the anime. I wouldn't mind even a second PT, but that seems unlikely too.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Meowth actually seems like a cool addition. I'd be happy if he made it into Brawl. But he has too many haters (according to the people of this thread) and him being in Brawl is unlikely.
Well you can't believe everything said on this one forum's thread. I mean, just look at Char's amount of votes along with the fact that no one thought PT was "likely" in any form. (hell, it was also highly agreed upon that, between Char and Ridley, that Ridley would be the only dragon in this game hands down and have the whole "winged heavy character" title to himself)

Meowth actually has alot going for him that most other pokemon don't. He is the most important anime pokemon besides Pika, he is one of the most recognizable pokemon of the series and highly popular amoung arvg folk. He doesn't have too many "haters", he has like the 3rd highest spot on this list and I know a crap load of people who want him in.

Top Bottom