• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Black/Light

Smash Master
Like anyone has any founded points against Geno...

...Have you even played Mario RPG?
. . . The sure fact that I have to had played one Mario game out of 1000 from 10 years ago JUST to know wth a "Geno" is is enuff for me not to think he will get in. (Atleast Pitt/ IC where the stars of their respective series and one game games (if you point at them as you Geno fans do alot of). This is a side character from one 10 year old Mario game in a series with 1000+ games. . . )

But this aint a Geno thread. . . you had your chance to debate Geno and you said "Screw this! I don't care what you think! Just take my word that Sakurai said w/e and go!!".

Now something on topic. . . Darkrai for brawl!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
. . . The sure fact that I have to had played one Mario game out of 1000 from 10 years ago JUST to know wth a "Geno" is is enuff for me not to think he will get in. (Atleast Pitt/ IC where the stars of their respective series and one game games (if you point at them as you Geno fans do alot of). This is a side character from one 10 year old Mario game in a series with 1000+ games. . . )

But this aint a Geno thread. . . you had your chance to debate Geno and you said "Screw this! I don't care what you think! Just take my word that Sakurai said w/e and go!!".

Darkrai isn't going to be a PC if he makes it into Brawl...

I can't argue with someone who just hates a character because of his own ignorance. Geno was not a side character BTW...Anyway how would you know if you haven't played the game.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lol i think misty in swim suit should be in brawl ohhhh yeah!!!!!!
the game will be pause two hundred million times in the first week.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Darkrai isn't going to be a playable character, maybe a pokemon pokemon but not as a PC period, and second Geno, even though I don't like Geno myself, I have to disagree with you on the fact the Geno might not appear on the contrary he might since he was in Mario RPG (which was an excellent game) just because it old doesn't mean he ain't gonna appear, and plus what makes you think he doesn't stand out? look at some minor charcters like Pidgit who only appeared in SMB2 but yet made it in melee as a trophy so yea he is probably not forgotten, plus he is one of the few 3rd party characters tha actually has a chance into brawl (aside from Megaman, Sonic)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Darkrai isn't going to be a PC if he makes it into Brawl...
Never said he was now did I? I personally feel that the chances of ANY more new pokemon characters are slim to none with the fact that we have 3 new Playable Pokemon (4 confirmed Playable pokemon as of now) and Mew2/ Puff are likely to come back. . .

I can't argue with someone who just hates a character because of his own ignorance. Geno was not a side character BTW...Anyway how would you know if you haven't played the game.
1. I don't "hate" any character:ohwell:. I don't think he will be in but by no means do I waste energy "hating" and made up character from one mario game 10 years ago...

2. Was Mario the MAIN character of this MARIO game? Because if he was than Geno is a si-si-si-side character:ohwell:.

3. I can't argue with someone who doesn't use actual proof other than "take my word for it". . .

GigaKoopa- Darkrai isn't going to be a playable character
WTH is up with you 2 and the Darkrai bashing?:ohwell:
What, you try to hate on my choice because I don't think Geno will be in?
Kinda baby like. . .
(And how do either of you KNOW Darkrai aint getting in? I never said that about Geno (I said I think he aint going to be PC). So please, lets use the right word useage next time. . .):ohwell:

OmegaXXII

^understood, but I really didn't mean to bash on Darkrai, it's just that he doesn't have a high chance as Lucario, or Mewtwo to make it in Brawl, sure maybe a pokeball pokemon like munchlax, but not as an actaul playable character is all i'm trying to say

Black/Light

Smash Master
^understood, but I really didn't mean to bash on Darkrai, it's just that he doesn't have a high chance as Lucario, or Mewtwo to make it in Brawl, sure maybe a pokeball pokemon like munchlax, but not as an actaul playable character is all i'm trying to say
Mew2-No, it's one of the most likely pokemon seeing as it's a vet.

Lucario- I can't see any reason for Lucario to have more of a "chance" of getting in than Darkrai other than a hand full of net fans who where hyped up by a select few Lucario fan-boys over the past year:ohwell:.

I think any pokemon not in past smash games has a pretty slim chance of getting in at all now. And out of every possible gen of pokemon I don't see Lucario being the "cream of the crop" in such a large scale view of them.

IMO all 4th gen pokemon stand the same chance. . . the "not very likely/ slim chance" chance. But as I said, thats just my opinion. . .

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I'm still betting on a first gen Pkmn to make the roster. For reasons already spoken, Meowth just seems like a perfect addition. Those haters out there, try looking at Jigglypuff and then say that hated chars won't make it into the roster. :p

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I feel Darkrai has virtually no shot, by virtue of no official acknowledgment by Nintendo until early this year, which is, IMO, far too late. If Sakurai didn't know Darkrai existed until January or February, how could Darkrai be a PC?
I'm still betting on a first gen Pkmn to make the roster. For reasons already spoken, Meowth just seems like a perfect addition. Those haters out there, try looking at Jigglypuff and then say that hated chars won't make it into the roster. :p
Never stop believing, Meowth lovers of the world! :cool:

Black/Light

Smash Master
I feel Darkrai has virtually no shot, by virtue of no official acknowledgment by Nintendo until early this year, which is, IMO, far too late. If Sakurai didn't know Darkrai existed until January or February, how could Darkrai be a PC?
1, . . . .(Points at Roy. . .) Roy says hi:p.

2, . . . Sakurai could very well have known what Darkrai was before all of us there for we can't say he only knew him in w/e amount of time. (Points at Roy again) Roy says "I wasn't even in a game before melee. . . .".

kaid

Smash Master
Blacklight, I would point out that Lucario has a broader base than most 4th gens. While individually, they mean little, collectively they show Game freak is giving him special treatment.

As pointed out before, he was a rank in a spinoff game, a movie star, a in-game sidequest, has art in BOTH manuals, is a cover pokemon for the D/P boosters of the card game, and is more popular in the online metagame than it's stats really merit. His signature move, which he learns around level 20, is so good, they turned around and gave it to Mewtwo at level 99, and he was one of the pokemon revealed early to get the hype up for Diamond/Pearl.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be really cool if they got a rep from each generation. So far, only two Pokemon chars are confirmed, Pikachu and Pkmn Trainer. Sure, Mewtwo and Jiggs have an almost certain chance of returning, Mewtwo especially. I seriously doubt either of them will get cut though. Still, having a pkmn that accurately represents each of the generations wouldn't be bad.

@pineappleupsetshark, wth did you choose that username? O.o

oh yeah, and I actually see Meowth having a good chance getting into Brawl. Lucario is also a good choice, but Meowth is first gen, and so far, no pkmn that has been confirmed has been not first gen. Returnees are also first gen. So yeah...

OmegaXXII

Lucario- I can't see any reason for Lucario to have more of a "chance" of getting in than Darkrai other than a hand full of net fans who where hyped up by a select few Lucario fan-boys over the past year:ohwell:.

I think any pokemon not in past smash games has a pretty slim chance of getting in at all now. And out of every possible gen of pokemon I don't see Lucario being the "cream of the crop" in such a large scale view of them.

IMO all 4th gen pokemon stand the same chance. . . the "not very likely/ slim chance" chance. But as I said, thats just my opinion. . .
okay, first of all the reason I am saying Lucario has a chance than most other pokemon is because of it's popularity not just on the net, but in Japan as well think about it alot of people watch the anime movies/mangas and really like Lucario as well as other Legendary pokemon and let's not forget he even had his own movie which imo might help him out, and secong I like the first generation the best, but I believe it's time the newer generations got their pokemon to the spotlight and need some representation, I know they are being represented in pokeballs but I also mean as a playable character, just like in Melee when the 2nd generation was new Pichu who was very popular at the time got it's spot in Melee, the same should apply to Brawl the 4th generation with it's most popular pokemon which I have reason to believe it's Lucario

I have to disagree with you on the fact that you stated they all "stand the same chance" I know it's your opinion and I respect it but how can you say that, you mean to say a legendary pokemon has as much chance as any other pokemon, I think not, let's look at Jigglypuff for example, the only reason she got in was because she was popular in the anime at the time and Mewtwo got in because it had it's own movie plus it was legendary and popular which led it into having a spot in Melee.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Blacklight, I would point out that Lucario has a broader base than most 4th gens. While individually, they mean little, collectively they show Game freak is giving him special treatment.
Aaahh, Kaid. . . nice to see you posting.;)

As pointed out before, he was a rank in a spinoff game,
That game wasn't even made by Gamefreak (Chunsoft made it). And alllll 4th gen pokemon known at that time where in said game in someway. . .

a movie star,
Co starring in one movie 2 years ago. . .woow, I mean it's not like every year they make a movie. . .is it?

a in-game sidequest,
*yawn* Theres a crap load of pokemon that need lil things done to get them. Riolu egg was just a reward for doing a quest. . .

is a cover pokemon for the D/P boosters of the card game,
. . . Soo? Elect-final and the legendary pokemon where on the same series as his booster pack. And Mag evol/ Garchomp/ rock dino thing/ Toxicrock (sp) where on booster packs too. . .

and is more popular in the online metagame than it's stats really merit.
If use in online play is any merit for a pokemon to get in than Dragonite and his rips should be shoe-in. .

His signature move, which he learns around level 20, is so good, they turned around and gave it to Mewtwo at level 99,
. . . They gave it to Togekiss too. :ohwell:

and he was one of the pokemon revealed early to get the hype up for Diamond/Pearl.
Soo was Munch and a hand full of others. . .

I'm considering jumping off the Lucario wagon, and sparking up a MEOWTH REVOLUTION!!!
Anyone care to join me?
Im all for Meowth!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w4WC9Mh4HaA

And GK, when I said that I mean't "any of the 4th gen pokemon all stand a low chance IMO". Just a general grouping of that gen. And Jpuff got in because she was, and still is, the 2nd most popular pokemon (Pika being first). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigglypuff

Mewtwo got in because he is the only true villian in the pokemon games as well as being very popular (and having the biggest anime movie to ever hit the states could have helped too).

Lucario is a fare. . .FARE cry from being either one of these in treams of popularity and importance.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
@pineappleupsetshark, wth did you choose that username? O.o

oh yeah, and I actually see Meowth having a good chance getting into Brawl. Lucario is also a good choice, but Meowth is first gen, and so far, no pkmn that has been confirmed has been not first gen. Returnees are also first gen. So yeah.
The name is the product of a sugar high one night. And reminiscence of a pineapple upside-down cheesecake.
That's why I'm probably jumping ship on Lucario. Meowth's chances are reaching parity with Lucario's, in my mind. Though probably in nobody else's.
I think it would be really cool if they got a rep from each generation. So far, only two Pokemon chars are confirmed, Pikachu and Pkmn Trainer. Sure, Mewtwo and Jiggs have an almost certain chance of returning, Mewtwo especially. I seriously doubt either of them will get cut though. Still, having a pkmn that accurately represents each of the generations wouldn't be bad.
There's no real standout for Gen. 2, and very slim pickings for Gen. 3.
Nothing really iconic stands out in my mind.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
The name is the product of a sugar high one night. And reminiscence of a pineapple upside-down cheesecake.
That's why I'm probably jumping ship on Lucario. Meowth's chances are reaching parity with Lucario's, in my mind. Though probably in nobody else's.

There's no real standout for Gen. 2, and very slim pickings for Gen. 3.
Nothing really iconic stands out in my mind.
Lol

And I have some favs from Gen 3. Gardevoir is a topic I'd rather not go into. I still like the idea though. Flygon seems like a good choice, but it might be too similar to Charizard. Gen 4 is obvious. I agree with Gen 2. But they could pull out a Tyranitar or something...or not.

1st gen pkmn are already sealed away anyway. :p

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Random spamming ftw my friend... lol i love you kind off people(not being racist)

okay, first of all the reason I am saying Lucario has a chance than most other pokemon is because of it's popularity not just on the net, but in Japan as well think about it alot of people watch the anime movies/mangas and really like Lucario as well as other Legendary pokemon and let's not forget he even had his own movie which imo might help him out,
He's not really popular in japan, munchlax is more popular so is Gardevoir. And darkrai to since he's new and actually did something in his movie. Not to mention his movie isn't 2 years old.
In fact all these pokemon are more popular than Lucario (results from the gts):
Palkia
Dialga
Turtwig
Spiritomb
Chimchar
Piplup
Milotic
Munchlax
Eevee
Garchomp
Mewtwo

Oh and if you still want to cling to japan here's their most wanted pokemon:
Palkia
Dialga
Spiritomb
Turtwig
Milotic

and secong I like the first generation the best, but I believe it's time the newer generations got their pokemon to the spotlight and need some representation, I know they are being represented in pokeballs but I also mean as a playable character, just like in Melee when the 2nd generation was new Pichu who was very popular at the time got it's spot in Melee, the same should apply to Brawl the 4th generation with it's most popular pokemon which I have reason to believe it's Lucario
I'm not sure that the reason pichu was added because sakurai wanted a 2nd gen rep. Maybe he just wanted more characters. Darkrai would be a great rep over lucario because he's more popular and has alot of hype around him right now.

I have to disagree with you on the fact that you stated they all "stand the same chance" I know it's your opinion and I respect it but how can you say that, you mean to say a legendary pokemon has as much chance as any other pokemon, I think not, let's look at Jigglypuff for example, the only reason she got in was because she was popular in the anime at the time and Mewtwo got in because it had it's own movie plus it was legendary and popular which led it into having a spot in Melee.
Mewtwo didn't get in because it had its own movie... It got in because of its role in the game, it was the ultimate pokemon. It didn't have any weaknesses in that generation and you could only get it once you beat the game. having its own movie had nothing to do with it, if that were true lugia or celebi should have been in melee.

Raym

Smash Apprentice
Well if you use the GTS for a "who is most popular" i think is better use the "most wanted" and by that Lucario is 9th.

1.- Palkia
2.- Dialga
3.- Milotic
4.- Turtwig
5.- Garchomp
6.- Chimchar
7.- Piplup
8.- Munchlax
9.- Lucario

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Well if you use the GTS for a "who is most popular" i think is better use the "most wanted" and by that Lucario is 9th.

1.- Palkia
2.- Dialga
3.- Milotic
4.- Turtwig
5.- Garchomp
6.- Chimchar
7.- Piplup
8.- Munchlax
9.- Lucario
Lucario is a lot easier to obtain then the rest, really.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Global Trade Center.

A built in feature of the games that allow a free-market assessment of character popularity.
but really, it doesn't show popularity at all so much as desire for difficult to catach pokemon. I mean there are lot's of popular pokemon that would never appear on that list because they are easily caught in the wild.

smashbot226

Smash Master
...GTS???

That's like trusting Wikipedia.

Darkrai FTW. If you saw my previous movelist, Darkrai may pull a Jigglypuff.

What does this mean? In SSB(M), Jiggly was put in there because of her immense popularity in Japan back then. Darkrai has this same flare Jiggs once did.

Darkrai: 1

Lucario: 0

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
Has Darkrai even been released yet? I mean, it's an event pokemon, and we wouldn't even know about it, if it weren't for sources other than the video game (the source of Smash bros pkmn).

Black/Light

Smash Master
Has Darkrai even been released yet? I mean, it's an event pokemon, and we wouldn't even know about it, if it weren't for sources other than the video game (the source of Smash bros pkmn).
Yes it's released, been out in Japan for a well. Gamesharks = why to know what Darkrai is but thats not important. . .

Top Bottom