• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

smashbot226

Smash Master
Has this thread dealth with the Darkrai versus Mewtwo versus Lucario problem?

Darkrai has popularity and quite a fanbase in Japan, as did Jigglypuff.

He most likely WILL pull one off, as did the unexpected Jigglypuff in the original.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
has this thread dealt with the mewtwo vs. lucario question?
I'd really prefer to have both of them, than have to choose one to be honest. I don't see why they'd take Mewtwo out. He wasn't a clone. A few of his moves are similar to Samus (B, D-Smash, Dair), but they are different enough to be unique. Adding both Lucario and Mewtwo would be fine IMO.

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokémon Trainer, Mewtwo, Lucario. Thats a reasonable amount of characters.. especially if Mario gets another one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

He most likely WILL pull one off, as did the unexpected Jigglypuff in the original.
Darkrai would probably be crushed by Lucario and Mewtwo just crushed Lucario so...Mewtwo above ALL

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
These are all opinions. Maybe you guys should back them up with hard evidence?

Kakuna for Brawl cuz he is teh PWNage!

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
No these are facts. A timid Mewtwo with max IVs and max EVs in speed and sp. attack knowing aura sphere will OHKO both of them even without an offense boosting item.
You forgot to say that he is teh PWNage. ):

P.S. That stuff doesn't really matter in Brawl. Or does it? 0_i

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Yea that's just the metagame but it should have some relation to Mewtwo's awesomeness for brawl.
Yeah I guess so. Sadly, it's really more a competition of popularity though. It makes sense though. You don't see a Pokemon that nobody knows even exists on teh roster. :p

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Darkrai would probably be crushed by Lucario and Mewtwo just crushed Lucario so...Mewtwo above ALL
Darkrai crushes lucario, mewtwo crushes darkrai, then mewtwo crushes lucario's crushed corpse
Going by type it would be Lucario crushes Darkrai, Darkrai crushes Mewtwo, Mewtwo Crushes Lucario.
Just like Blastoise beats Charizard, but Charizard beats Venusaur and Venusaur beats Blastoise.... Rock Paper Scissors.. Shoot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Going by type it would be Lucario crushes Darkrai, Darkrai crushes Mewtwo, Mewtwo Crushes Lucario.
Just like Blastoise beats Charizard, but Charizard beats Venusaur and Venusaur beats Blastoise.... Rock Paper Scissors.. Shoot.
Type is not the only thing that matters in pokemon...

A fire type with a lightning attack could kill a water type

Lucario takes neutral damage from Mewtwo's stab moves... Not that it would stop him from dying though....

Darkrai would still beat lucario though... and mewtwo can beat darkrai if he's faster...

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman

He most likely WILL pull one off, as did the unexpected Jigglypuff in the original
This logic might have worked eight months ago, but now? No. If Darkrai's popularity is peaking now, then popularity is irrelevant to Darkrai's inclusion. Lucario is betteru than Darkrai, anyhows.
I think Mewtwo has much less chance of returning, due to steadily declining relevance in the series. Jigglypuff is STILL very popular, though, so is almost a lock. But both will probably still return, with Lucario as the newcomer. My crazy ideal list has Mewtwo gone, and Meowth in. :cool:
I never got the Mewtwo love.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This logic might have worked eight months ago, but now? No. If Darkrai's popularity is peaking now, then popularity is irrelevant to Darkrai's inclusion. Lucario is betteru than Darkrai, anyhows.
I think Mewtwo has much less chance of returning, due to steadily declining relevance in the series. Jigglypuff is STILL very popular, though, so is almost a lock. But both will probably still return, with Lucario as the newcomer. My crazy ideal list has Mewtwo gone, and Meowth in. :cool:
I never got the Mewtwo love.
He's the most powerful pokemon in Generation 1, one of the most unique being an unnatural pokemon which only 2 pokemon fell under...the other which technically only existed virtually and him being a mutant clone. He also was created by evil scientists on cinnibar island to be the most powerful of all pokemon...

There was the first movie as well...

onii-chan

Smash Ace
He's the most powerful pokemon in Generation 1, one of the most unique being an unnatural pokemon which only 2 pokemon fell under...the other which technically only existed virtually and him being a mutant clone. He also was created by evil scientists on cinnibar island to be the most powerful of all pokemon...

There was the first movie as well...
WOW u kno ur pokemon history

but i really would go for blaziken its moves really match wut would be expected from BRAWL

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I know that, Psycho. I'm a bigger Pokemon fan than you are, anyway. :laugh: I just think Mewtwo isn't as important to the series as he used to be.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i got to go wit you on that one pineapple i believe at this moment they will put only the most important like all this new ones that coming not something from 6 years ago like mewtwo
Tell that to Red, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You actually play as them though, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard have their own movesets and work like a 3 way Zelda/Shiek. The final smash just uses all 3 of them at once.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Tell that to Red, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle
They rep. FRLG? Well, they're more iconic than Mewtwo, except for Ivysaur, but Bulbasaur is iconic, and Ivysaur looks much the same.
I dunno, it's more of an opinion, a general feeling, if you will. I won't argue the point with other people, because it's not based on logic, mostly because there's so little to go on in terms of logic with regards to Mewtwo in Brawl.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

just like I predicted a triple attack, of Solar Beam, Fire Blast & Hydro Pump, sure looks to be powerful and looks awesome

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Missingno for Brawl!!! I'm gonna make an icon for it!!!

Best friggin Pokemon idea EVER!!!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Missingno for Brawl!!! I'm gonna make an icon for it!!!

Best friggin Pokemon idea EVER!!!
Standard Special: x6# RARE CANDIES!!!

Final Smash: Red tries to catch Missingno and Brawl explodes.

Shouldn't be such a greedy ****, Red.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd make an awesome poke'ball...Imagine the screen glitching out...characters % freakin out, going from higher to lower randomly and items spawning like crazy!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'd make an awesome poke'ball...Imagine the screen glitching out...characters % freakin out, going from higher to lower randomly and items spawning like crazy!
. . . That's actually the best idea in the history of ideas being conceived.

Missingno for pokeball.

just like I predicted a triple attack, of Solar Beam, Fire Blast & Hydro Pump, sure looks to be powerful and looks awesome
You mean just like most people predicted... Everyone said that it was a triple attack or mewtwo... >_>;

Missingno would be a cool pokeball pokemon that makes the screen look all pixelated or something

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Please quit with the ridiculous superlatives.
Missingno is a game-destroying glitch caused by lazy programming. As important as it may be, Nintendo really doesn't like acknowledging glitches, except when they have to.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Please quit with the ridiculous superlatives.
Missingno is a game-destroying glitch caused by lazy programming. As important as it may be, Nintendo really doesn't like acknowledging glitches, except when they have to.
Oh c'mon...what's your problem with Missingno?

Top Bottom