• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
=P

heh they will more than likely have a lot of 4th gen pkmn!
Perhaps in the pokeballs, but I'm not going to say anything for a PC.

@Black/Light: Yeah Meowth does have a chance, despite what anyone says. Like you said, he represents Pokemon just as well as Pikachu does.

MysticKenji

Smash Master

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i will look at it at my friends house lol in schol awesome and thanks ahead of time lolhttp://smashboards.com/images/revolution/editor/color.gif

Black/Light

Smash Master
i will look at it at my friends house lol in schol awesome and thanks ahead of time lol
LOL, thats not really hentia, just cute pics of Lopunny and one poke-morph Lopunny :p

I would get banned for showing the real goods on the forums.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Perhaps in the pokeballs, but I'm not going to say anything for a PC.

@Black/Light: Yeah Meowth does have a chance, despite what anyone says. Like you said, he represents Pokemon just as well as Pikachu does.
yes an important factor that you can't really get by asking pokemon fans is his appeal among the common folk, an area where meowth veritibly trounces anyone left on that list.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Please people stop saying the pokemon in my icon is Porygon 2...It's starting starting to get annoying at the ignorance...And stop bringing up like I'm stupid that I have an icon of him...

..It just proves your own stupidity when you do it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No comments on Lopunny? :(

People are actually saying that? o.O
Seriously...people are saying:

"OMG!!! You ACTUALLY think Porygon 2 is going to be a PC! You must be stupid and all your point are invalid!"

But they put it in a more idiot way...

Black/Light

Smash Master

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping for Nosepass in Brawl.
It could easily have a great moveset, it's an original pokemon, and nobody would suspect it!

Nosepass for Brawl!

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
wow lol when you can itmit you have no life life gets funner i wen't on a henti run and there is some crazy **** on the net so... yeah just wanted to say that.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I think that B> should be Sweat Kiss and FS. . . .Ice BEAM!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3BTbAUGaOF0&mode=related&search=
(This is Buneary but I like both of them and hope one gets in. . . .ice beam shows up somewhere in there)
Sweat Kiss??? You mean Sweet Kiss, right?
That move can be changed. Not sure about the FS, though...

I'm hoping for Nosepass in Brawl.
It could easily have a great moveset, it's an original pokemon, and nobody would suspect it!

Nosepass for Brawl!

Dainose (Probopass) for Brawl!!!!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Sweat Kiss??? You mean Sweet Kiss, right?
That move can be changed. Not sure about the FS, though...
yes, I meant "Sweet Kiss". Couldn't edit it out.
And I don't see any better huge attacks that go with her character for a FS. . .
Maybe Charm. She blows a kiss and a huge pink heart expands outward from her, confusing all characters it touches. The closer the character, the longer they stay confused.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Well if you can discuss a Buneary moveset then I can discuss a Gengar moveset. :)

Standard Special: Nightshade

If you've seen the anime you've seen Nightshade in action. Gengar emits a sort of dark thunderbolt from its eyes. Looks pretty cool.

Side Special: Lick

Gengar licks the opponent paralyzing them temporarily.

Down Special: Destony Bond

I'm not sure how this'd look, but Gengar's destiny bond in the games makes the opponent faint if they faint Gengar. So perhaps when the opponent attacks Gengar while he is doing this move, they get the same damage that Gengar gets.

Alt Down Special: Dark Pulse

In Diamond and Pearl, Gengar learns Dark Pulse naturally which is pretty cool. Gengar hits the ground with his foot which then emits a dark wave that hits nearby enemies.

Up Special: Shadow Fade (meh, need a better name)

You know how Gengar can fade and then reappear anywhere he pleases in the anime? Well press up + b and you'll do the same here.

I realize Gengar isn't hugely popular, but he's my fav so shut it. :p

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Well if you can discuss a Buneary moveset then I can discuss a Gengar moveset. :)

Standard Special: Nightshade

If you've seen the anime you've seen Nightshade in action. Gengar emits a sort of dark thunderbolt from its eyes. Looks pretty cool.

Side Special: Lick

Gengar licks the opponent paralyzing them temporarily.

Down Special: Destony Bond

I'm not sure how this'd look, but Gengar's destiny bond in the games makes the opponent faint if they faint Gengar. So perhaps when the opponent attacks Gengar while he is doing this move, they get the same damage that Gengar gets.

Alt Down Special: Dark Pulse

In Diamond and Pearl, Gengar learns Dark Pulse naturally which is pretty cool. Gengar hits the ground with his foot which then emits a dark wave that hits nearby enemies.

Up Special: Shadow Fade (meh, need a better name)

You know how Gengar can fade and then reappear anywhere he pleases in the anime? Well press up + b and you'll do the same here.

I realize Gengar isn't hugely popular, but he's my fav so shut it. :p
Actually, Gengar's odds aren't too bad due to his role in PMD. He just lacks a fanbase, as far as I know.

I think Hypnosis should be the Side Special

Doesn't he learn Faint Attack? That could be an Up Special. (Can't check ATM)

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Gengar's odds aren't too bad due to his role in PMD. He just lacks a fanbase, as far as I know.

I think Hypnosis should be the Side Special

Doesn't he learn Faint Attack? That could be an Up Special. (Can't check ATM)
Oh yeah I forgot about PMD. Still, chances are slim though.

I thought of Hypnosis too, but it's too similar to Jigglypuff's sing attack. Either lick or Hypnosis work though, since they both have the immobilization effect.

And surprisingly, Gengar doesn't learn feint attack. But this is Smash Bros. afterall, where Jiggs can learn rollout. That would be a great up special though.

EDIT: actually, I was thinking his Final Smash could be Hypnosis and Dream Eater or Nightmare. The whole screen turns dark and Gengar uses Hypnosis attack. Anyone in range falls asleep. Then, those who are asleep either get their dreams eaten or get a nightmare, both of which give them a lot of damage. Dream Eater seems better though since it would heal Gengar also.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
...Yes because we all know how much spin offs of Pokemon made by another company hold importance in deciding weather a character gets into Brawl.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Oh yeah I forgot about PMD. Still, chances are slim though.

I thought of Hypnosis too, but it's too similar to Jigglypuff's sing attack. Either lick or Hypnosis work though, since they both have the immobilization effect.

And surprisingly, Gengar doesn't learn feint attack. But this is Smash Bros. afterall, where Jiggs can learn rollout. That would be a great up special though.

EDIT: actually, I was thinking his Final Smash could be Hypnosis and Dream Eater or Nightmare. The whole screen turns dark and Gengar uses Hypnosis attack. Anyone in range falls asleep. Then, those who are asleep either get their dreams eaten or get a nightmare, both of which give them a lot of damage. Dream Eater seems better though since it would heal Gengar also.
I like that FS. And that means Lick can stay as the Side Special. We should check if there are any TM/HM options for the Up Special...

...Yes because we all know how much spin offs of Pokemon made by another company hold importance in deciding weather a character gets into Brawl.
Well, you're no fun...

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I like that FS. And that means Lick can stay as the Side Special. We should check if there are any TM/HM options for the Up Special...
Yeah, I looked at TM/HMs but nothing. Feint Attack seems like the only option.

There's also the possibility for Shadow Claw as a side special. Shadow Punch would be too Ganondorfish, so Shadow Claw seems like it could work.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Well, if you put it that way than Lucario fans just got a slap in the face with their "he was a rank in PMD so GameFreak must think he is special. . . " seeing as it wasn't MADE by gamefreak. . . .lol:p.
(I knew I read that it was made by some other company awell ago. . .)

Black/Light

Smash Master
I never said he would. That was no where near the point of my post.
I meant that just because "people support something thats from a spin-off" doesn't mean that it actually "counts" as something to support a characters "chances".

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno WILL get in; now don't bring him up in the pokemon thread. STAY ON TOPIC!

Top Bottom