• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
mime jr. was signifigant to the anime, and he has teeter dance
Whether or not they were in the anime has no bearing in their inclusion. Pika & Jiggly are pretty much the mascots of the game, PT is playable in the game, Mewtwo is a boss character in the game, & so is Lucario, though on a smaller scale. Riolu, Lucario's baby form, has a Togepi-like significance to DP.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
I chose blaziken because i think he could be used easily and would appeal alot

but lucario is a very good bet too

as far as pokeballs go id say Eevee should appear in them and depending on the scenario evolve into one of her evolutions and from there have a unique effect

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I chose blaziken because i think he could be used easily and would appeal alot

but lucario is a very good bet too

as far as pokeballs go id say Eevee should appear in them and depending on the scenario evolve into one of her evolutions and from there have a unique effect
I like that idea.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Of course. I made a deliberate effort to lead the conversation into the middle of nowhere, and abandon it. It saves me work.
I actually went along with it because I got tired of debating Lucario chances for the moment. . .plus, its fun to talk about Ninjas:laugh:.

(Im pretty sure the arguement wasn't "lead" by either of us. . . unless you really tried to redirect the arguement for some reason)

Whether or not they were in the anime has no bearing in their inclusion. Pika & Jiggly are pretty much the mascots of the game, PT is playable in the game, Mewtwo is a boss character in the game, & so is Lucario, though on a smaller scale. Riolu, Lucario's baby form, has a Togepi-like significance to DP.
Jigglypuff isn't a mascot of the game... The only reason it was included in the first game is because at that time a Jigglypuff would always follow Ash and his friends and use sing on them then draw on their faces. Lucario is NOT a boss character in the game... One gym leader uses him, if you say that makes him a boss character then so is: Cranidos, Roserade, Floatzel, Mismagius, Bastiodon, Abomasnow, Luxray, Vespiquen, Hippowdon, Infernape, Bronzong, and Garchomp... Also you also get Happiny as an egg in Diamond/Pearl so i think that Blissey should be a playable character as well. Since we're not counting anime because of what you said then Lucario has a basically negative chance of getting into the game.

Munchlax should get into Brawl because he has a unique way of capture, you have to spread honey on trees which attracts various types of pokemon, and he is used in the introduction to the game as an example of what a pokemon is. Also your rival in the game has a munchlax

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff isn't a mascot of the game... The only reason it was included in the first game is because at that time a Jigglypuff would always follow Ash and his friends and use sing on them then draw on their faces. Lucario is NOT a boss character in the game... One gym leader uses him, if you say that makes him a boss character then so is: Cranidos, Roserade, Floatzel, Mismagius, Bastiodon, Abomasnow, Luxray, Vespiquen, Hippowdon, Infernape, Bronzong, and Garchomp... Also you also get Happiny as an egg in Diamond/Pearl so i think that Blissey should be a playable character as well. Since we're not counting anime because of what you said then Lucario has a basically negative chance of getting into the game.

Munchlax should get into Brawl because he has a unique way of capture, you have to spread honey on trees which attracts various types of pokemon, and he is used in the introduction to the game as an example of what a pokemon is. Also your rival in the game has a munchlax
The champion also has Lucario, Chansey/Blissey are likely to be pokeballed in Brawl. Also, if Munchlax's capture metod matters, then Combee & Burmy are viable candidates as well. Additionally, Lucario can't be captured; it's given to you. Also, anime does matter, & you win that one. However, the anime made Pikachu famous, an otherwise borderline mediocre pokemon.

The champion also has Lucario, Chansey/Blissey are likely to be pokeballed in Brawl. Also, if Munchlax's capture metod matters, then Combee & Burmy are viable candidates as well. Additionally, Lucario can't be captured; it's given to you. Also, anime does matter, & you win that one. However, the anime made Pikachu famous, an otherwise borderline mediocre pokemon.
The champion also has a Roserade so its 2 for Roserade and 2 for Lucario... So will roserade get into brawl? You can't capture Farfetch'd either... So will he make it into brawl? Ok so now that anime counts again toward you Munchlax has one over on Lucario by being May's pokemon that she used throughout his capture until she left. Also Mime Jr.'s chances are back as well since he is STILL in the anime as James' pokemon and would have an extremely creative moveset with all his disruptive moves.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
The champion also has a Roserade so its 2 for Roserade and 2 for Lucario... So will roserade get into brawl? You can't capture Farfetch'd either... So will he make it into brawl? Ok so now that anime counts again toward you Munchlax has one over on Lucario by being May's pokemon that she used throughout his capture until she left. Also Mime Jr.'s chances are back as well since he is STILL in the anime as James' pokemon and would have an extremely creative moveset with all his disruptive moves.
If that's the case, Meowth comes first. (I actually like that idea) Also, The only one that comes close to Lucario's popularty is Munchlax. And I forgot Farfetch'd even existed.:laugh:

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
but meowth is a first generation pokemon, to include him, PT, M2, Pika, and jiggly will be a pokemon roster of all first gen pokemon. i could definetly see munchlax or mime jr. filling the spot however

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Munchlax, mascot of the 4th gen? Maybe when he was with May in the Battle Frontier, but now? Hell no. That belongs to Piplup, Lucario, Pachirisu, etc.

Riolu was definitely given Togepi-status in Diamond/Pearl. Only Maylene and Cynthia have Lucario as a Pokemon in addition to Riley, who's design was based of Aaron's from the eighth Pokemon movie. The champion may have owned Roserade, and you may get a Happiny egg from someone, but you can catch wild Budew/Roselia and Chansey. You cannot do the same for a Riolu or Lucario.

Let's not forget Lucario's status as the top goal you must reach in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, although I'm sure this has been brought up.

Finally, Lucario is an unlockable costume in Pokemon Battle Revolution, along with Pachirisu, Groudon and Kyogre (I think I'm forgetting a Pokemon).

So it's clear to me that Lucario is not only popular, he's quite special. He is the fourth generation mascot, and I believe he will get in.

But to be honest, I also love the idea of Mime Jr. In Japan it is voiced by Ikue Ohtani, who is also the voice of Pikachu. It's quite cool and would have an interesting fighting style with barriers and Teeter Dance. Oh, if only. =)

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Munchlax, mascot of the 4th gen? Maybe when he was with May in the Battle Frontier, but now? Hell no. That belongs to Piplup, Lucario, Pachirisu, etc.

Riolu was definitely given Togepi-status in Diamond/Pearl. Only Maylene and Cynthia have Lucario as a Pokemon in addition to Riley, who's design was based of Aaron's from the eighth Pokemon movie. The champion may have owned Roserade, and you may get a Happiny egg from someone, but you can catch wild Budew/Roselia and Chansey. You cannot do the same for a Riolu or Lucario.

Let's not forget Lucario's status as the top goal you must reach in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, although I'm sure this has been brought up.

Finally, Lucario is an unlockable costume in Pokemon Battle Revolution, along with Pachirisu, Groudon and Kyogre (I think I'm forgetting a Pokemon).

So it's clear to me that Lucario is not only popular, he's quite special. He is the fourth generation mascot, and I believe he will get in.

But to be honest, I also love the idea of Mime Jr. In Japan it is voiced by Ikue Ohtani, who is also the voice of Pikachu. It's quite cool and would have an interesting fighting style with barriers and Teeter Dance. Oh, if only. =)
You also see the light.:grin: Lucario 4 Brawl

Black/Light

Smash Master
Munchlax, mascot of the 4th gen? Maybe when he was with May in the Battle Frontier, but now? Hell no. That belongs to Piplup, Lucario, Pachirisu, etc. (Where the hell did Lucario come from in that? If your counting the anime than Lucario was and out 2 years ago. . . before Munch even left)

Riolu was definitely given Togepi-status in Diamond/Pearl. (No, it aint, Chances(sp) prevol is. And if anything that would make Riolu more likely IF it was the Togepi of the 4th gen) . Only Maylene and Cynthia have Lucario as a Pokemon in addition to Riley, who's design was based of Aaron's from the eighth Pokemon movie. The champion may have owned Roserade, and you may get a Happiny egg from someone, but you can catch wild Budew/Roselia and Chansey. You cannot do the same for a Riolu or Lucario. (Soo? Is this a joke? Being a "one of" pokemon makes something important now? Theres a crap load of pokemon you wont even find without the old games in the DS at the same time and you have to do alot of crap to evol a electiver(sp))

Let's not forget Lucario's status as the top goal you must reach in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, although I'm sure this has been brought up. (You get other 4th gen status too. . . .and the actual important characters in that game are Gard and a select few)

Finally, Lucario is an unlockable costume in Pokemon Battle Revolution, along with Pachirisu, Groudon and Kyogre (I think I'm forgetting a Pokemon). (Theres other costums. . )

So it's clear to me that Lucario is not only popular, he's quite special. He is the fourth generation mascot, and I believe he will get in. (How is he special? He is barely advertized more than the others and didn't get anything "special" in the games.)

And Ivy = Not popular or any of that crap. I think Sakurai has his own reasons as to why he picks what he picks and doesn't really used "Ohhh, w/e looks coo and had a few random things!" as a reason.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Um....okay, first off, how was Happiny Togepi-status?

-Some random hiker gives you an egg with Happiny in it, yet there are wild Chansey nearby anyhow.

-A character with a name (Riley, who's outfit is influenced by the anime) teams up with you and gives you an egg as a reward. Without this egg, you can't even get a National Dex because no other character in the game has a Riolu.

Yeah, shows who's more important, huh?

And as for the anime, you're just kidding yourself if you think Lucario's not going to appear. He already appears in the opening of the anime next to Palkia. If his popularity had faded then he wouldn't have appeared at all. Hell, Lucario is the first Pokemon to ever star in a movie and not be a legendary. Mewtwo, Lugia, Entei, Celebi, Latios/Latias, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai....Lucario is not a legendary. He's a normal Pokemon, but he's given a special status. Only three trainers in the entire game have one. Not to mention out of all four of the Advance Generation movies, Lucario's did the best. HM. I wonder why.

And it doesn't matter if Gardevoir was the main character, you should read my statement again. Lucario was THE goal to reach. He's the highest rank one could hope to achieve, and this was before he was even playable in any game.

I also stated that there were other costumes. So what? How does that disprove that Lucario is special and not popular enough to be in the game? We already have an electric type, so that throws Pachirisu and Electivire out. While Roselia got a baby form and an evolved form, neither appear on as much merchandise as Lucario does. This leaves what, Groudon and Kyogre? Poke Ball Pokemon? Nice.

And on a last note, if you can't see why Sakurai chose Ivysaur, then I just feel sorry for you. I'm done with this argument. The character I wanted got in, so I'm happy. I just wanted to help some Lucario fans because I know he's majorly popular in Japan (I've got a friend who lives there) and anyone who acts as if he's just some normal Pokemon really needs to check their facts.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Um....okay, first off, how was Happiny Togepi-status? (I was asumeing you were talking about the anime seeing as you seem to think it's a stance of some short. I saw it as. . .
1. First egg the gang got for the gen.
2. Egge shaped.
Even than I take it back, Manaphy is more togepi like in "status". It was actually the first egg the gang got for the 4th gen WELL being in the 3rd gen and not only do you have to do crap to get it, it goes right along with the lines of the movie "Pokemon ranger". (You have to get it in Pokemon Ranger and than trade it over to the games)

-A character with a name (Riley, who's outfit is influenced by the anime) teams up with you and gives you an egg as a reward. Without this egg, you can't even get a National Dex because no other character in the game has a Riolu. (Actually, you can trade for a Riolu.:p And I don't think that you HAVE to see a Riolu for it. . . but thats not importance seeing as the same can be said for other pokemon.

And again, Manaphy has a whole lil chuck of the Ranger Game devoted to it JUST for you to trade it over.)

Yeah, shows who's more important, huh? (Actually, no. You can get along without doing either thing (Haching either egg).)

And as for the anime, you're just kidding yourself if you think Lucario's not going to appear. (Did I say he wont be back? (No, I didn't:ohwell:) Ash is going to PWNNNN him in the next gym battle like any other Gym's pokemon. Is he going to be a main character's pokemon? Maybe, maybe not. . . . But munch is WAY more important in that respect so that doesn't matter) He already appears in the opening of the anime next to Palkia. If his popularity had faded then he wouldn't have appeared at all. (He was in a movie. . . .which is why he was in the old credits with Mew. Popular or not he will be in the credits along with a crap load of other pokemon that aint popular) Hell, Lucario is the first Pokemon to ever star in a movie and not be a legendary (No, the Unlown are not legendary and many don't see the Lati@s as legendary because they are bro and sis. Also, Deoxy isn't a legendary pokemon either. It's a space virus and there are a crap load of them somewhere in space as seen with it's movie (2 Deoxys, both from space)). Mewtwo, (Mewtwo is a human made clone) Lugia, Entei, Celebi, Latios/Latias, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, (No, it aint legendary. It can breed another Pokemon. . . it's just "the prince of the sea" of his kind) Darkrai....Lucario is not a legendary. He's a normal Pokemon, but he's given a special status. ( No, he wasn't, there where others before him) Only three trainers in the entire game have one. (. . .And? NO ONE has Manaphy and Im sure there are other "rare" sites in enemy parties that you aint focusing on) Not to mention out of all four of the Advance Generation movies, Lucario's did the best. (What do you mean? Show me sales and appearances on TV if you want to back this up.) HM. I wonder why. (I wonder when your going to show some hard sells)

And it doesn't matter if Gardevoir was the main character, you should read my statement again. Lucario was THE goal to reach. He's the highest rank (RANK. . . as in title. Not character, not player but title. Like saying "they should put in the Pokemon champ/ master over the trainer) one could hope to achieve, and this was before he was even playable in any game.

I also stated that there were other costumes. So what? How does that disprove that Lucario is special and not popular enough to be in the game? (Special? Having something that only HE has is "special". Being apart of what others have is only proof that they advertize him amung the higher ranks) We already have an electric type, so that throws Pachirisu and Electivire out. (no it doesn't. How did Pichu get into melee?) While Roselia got a baby form and an evolved form, neither appear on as much merchandise as Lucario does. (Lucario doesn't appear on too much more things than other pokemon) This leaves what, Groudon and Kyogre? Poke Ball Pokemon? Nice. (No, that leaves w/e the hell Sakurai wants. Theres tons of 4TH gen pokemon that are used to advertize alot. . .and 100s of other gen pokemon)

And on a last note, if you can't see why Sakurai chose Ivysaur, then I just feel sorry for you. (I know why he chose him but I used that as a EXAMPLE of him choosing based on other terms and not advertizement, anime, popularity or being a hype - mon. By your logic he would put in it's first stage which is much more of the things I listed) I'm done with this argument. (Good:grin:) The character I wanted got in, so I'm happy. (be happy, I am) I just wanted to help some Lucario fans because I know he's majorly popular in Japan (I've got a friend who lives there) and anyone who acts as if he's just some normal Pokemon really needs to check their facts.
From the Japan people I know he was just a fad-mon.

Well, that was interesting. . . .

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
lol charizard has like 5% of the votes and he's already in, lol.:dizzy:
WOOT! that was my vote.
I think weavile would be the coolest 4th gen and it would be an awsome speed attack but varying from others like fox in that its also is highly damaging but very vunerable defensivley.

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Since my pick has already been announced playable (Charizard) I would say Lucario is gonna be the new pokemon.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Now that I look at it, I wonder will Blastios be in it? he has been in the other two significantly... It would be interesting to find out what will be come of him but it seems Charizard, Squirle and Ivyesaur have made it in...

Link31

Smash Rookie
I'll be disappointed if Lucario isn't in Brawl. He is the face of the 4th generation and one of the most popular Pokemon. He is also the perfect fit for a fighting game.

Azelf

Smash Cadet
Charizard is already playable in Brawl.

If I had to choose one that made the most sense, I'd choose Lucario because of the recent movie release and the fact that he's a fighting type with Mewtwo-ish Shadow Ball abilities. Mewtwo's not likely to stay, but I hope he is. I'm such a fangirl...

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see a new pokemon addition to represent the new Diamond/Pearl installment, but what I REALLY just want is Jiggs and Mew2 back. As long as Jiggums and Mewtizzle are back, I'm fine.

If I had to choose a Diamond/Pearl representative, it would be Lucario. I thought Meowth could have a chance, but I don't want all of the pokemon reps to be just 1st generation.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think he added 3 characters to properly rep a series with a monstrously huge "cast" without making it take up more "spots" (*does the finger quotes*) than Mario or Zelda.

MACMO

Smash Cadet
Pikachu is the official mascot
The first 3 starter pokemons (red, blue, green versions) celebrating the 10th anniversary of pokemon
Jigglypuff get in the game for popularity
Lucario is one of the most popular pokemons of the new generation, mabye he can get in instead of Mewtwo

And 4 si enough, no more pokemon characters.

Eevee4ssbb

Smash Journeyman
ADD eevee

Eevee has very good potenial and is adorble

Depending on the color you get a neclace with a stone

EXAMPLE a evee with a green necklace with a moss rock

Press down B walaaa leafeon

Please vote 4 eevee i love him/her

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
They should make a super smash brothers game just for pokemon so nobody gets mad:) btw i picked lucario

Top Bottom