• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Not you... >_>; i'm talking about that guy i quoted... He was pointlessy praising and no one said anything but if i say something bad about lucario i'm just someone who pushes my opinions as fact
No, it's that you flame anyone who complemets Lucario.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Not you... >_>; i'm talking about that guy i quoted... He was pointlessy praising and no one said anything but if i say something bad about lucario i'm just someone who pushes my opinions as fact
I was the one you quoted, and my question remains unanswered.

Wrath`

Smash Master
reasons lucario shouldn't be in brawl

1. movie fad, not to poular now
2. does rep the 4th gen,but was not the first to do so
3. has not apered in the series

Eevee4ssbb

Smash Journeyman
ppl just stop everyone has way different opinions

me i hate lucario i think he looks odd

ilike eevee and think he should be in brawl im sure you ppl have diff opinons

Legolastom

Smash Hero
reasons lucario shouldn't be in brawl

1. movie fad, not to poular now
2. does rep the 4th gen,but was not the first to do so
3. has not apered in the series

1: Well movies generally tend to lose a little popularity after 2 ****ing years but it doesn't change the fact that he had an entire movie based on him
2: Er... and? Munchlux was just the 1st to be revealed but Lucario has been the one who has been the most heavily marketed and such
3: So im presuming you haven't played the games at all? (Another Lucario hater who hasn't even played the 4th gen).

Whats up with Lucario haters supporting the worst character suggestions anyway? this guy (No offense) supports Waluigi and another one supports... Petey... LMAO!!

1: Well movies generally tend to lose a little popularity after 2 ****ing years but it doesn't change the fact that he had an entire movie based on him
2: Er... and? Munchlux was just the 1st to be revealed but Lucario has been the one who has been the most heavily marketed and such
3: So im presuming you haven't played the games at all? (Another Lucario hater who hasn't even played the 4th gen).

Whats up with Lucario haters supporting the worst character suggestions anyway? this guy (No offense) supports Waluigi and another one supports... Petey... LMAO!!
2. Munchlax has been marketed soooo much...

3. He's talking about the anime....

.___.;; Ummm i don't support stupid things... *runs off*

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Ah... I know this is the pokemon thread but whenever I see Waluigi support...

Wario has his WarioWare clothes. Waluigi is not in WarioWare. So why would it make sense for Waluigi to be in Brawl?

Back to the topic, I am very anti-Lucario but I realize that he has a chance of getting into Brawl. A much bigger chance than say, Eevee.

Wrath`

Smash Master

1.1. not soly on him, hence the title lucario and the mystery of MEW

2. munchlax was advertised a lot too

3. i have dimond *******, i am refering to anime series. :******:

4. waluigi has nothing to do with pokemon, the fact you had to use that ....

Legolastom

Smash Hero
2. Munchlax has been marketed soooo much...

3. He's talking about the anime....

.___.;; Ummm i don't support stupid things... *runs off*
2: Yes and so has Lucario how much? Sooooooooooooooooooooo much

3: Why don't people count the films as Anime? because they are just super long episodes.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
1.1. not soly on him, hence the title lucario and the mystery of MEW

2. munchlax was advertised a lot too

3. i have dimond *******, i am refering to anime series. :******:

4. waluigi has nothing to do with pokemon, the fact you had to use that ....
1. Mew was about 30% of that film hence the title Lucario AND the MYSTERY of mew (Not Lucario and Mew)

2. Yes... so has Lucario

3. Well the only thing you could be preferring to was the games because the move IS THE ANIME!!!!!!!

4. Sorry i just find it a bit of a coincidence is all... and the fact that you had to make up he "wasn't in the Anime" is...

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I'd be interested to hear why you would want Eevee playable in Brawl. Eevee obviously could have a good moveset using her evolutions, but she has a very small part in the games/anime. I guess you could say that Eevee was Gary's Pokemon, but you still don't see much of Eevee...

I used to be in favor of Meowth because I wanted more 1st Gen Reps, but since Pokemon Trainer has arrived by thirst for first gen has been quenched, and I no longer am hoping for Meowth.

Eevee4ssbb

Smash Journeyman
i have tons of eevee ideas! how to transform

depending on the color of outfit it changes the evoltion

EXAMPLE eevee with a black neckece and a moon on it press down B = umbreon!!!

Im sorry i got mad and said screw you lol i just love eevee

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
i have tons of eevee ideas! how to transform

depending on the color of outfit it changes the evoltion

EXAMPLE eevee with a black neckece and a moon on it press down B = umbreon!!!

Im sorry i got mad and said screw you lol i just love eevee
I like Eevee to, but I can't see it rising to it's full potential as a PC.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Just one problem i see with eevee. A move that tons of fans would want is evolution into one or any of his different evolutions. Problem is smash is pretty true to the game and if you recall evolution is only one-way. For that reason alone I am almost certain eevee won't make the cut.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
*sigh* PT doesnt lower Lucario's chances in anyway. In fact, it does nothing to Lucario's chances at all...n if want to argue about him, go to the Anti-Lucario Thread (which has a new name) Mind u tho, every Lucario hater got pwnd already.

Eevee is cool n all, n its pretty much one of my favorite Pokemon cuz i like its evolutions, but i dont think itll make it into Brawl. i see it as an AT only (and that has pretty low chances itself).

kaid

Smash Master
I find the discussion of Lucario "sharing" his movie interesting.

When you hear, say, The Hardy Boys and the Mystery of the Swamp, you immidiately know that the Hardy boys are the main characters. Same goes for Tom Swift, Nancy Drew, and all the others that I can think of with that naming scheme. The second half is whatever or whoever the situation-of-the-week is.

Which brings me to my second point. Lucario is the main character, but Mew isn't the situation. The Mystery of Mew is- The mystery being Mew's connection with the tree. One of the characters sole motovation is to solve the Mystery of Mew.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What rule? its just that his Movie plays a large part in his popularity which is one of the few things that can set Pokemon apart... and it looks like the PC is trying really hard to make Lucario popular.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean to say rule though I can't remember what word I was going to put.

I don't know, I just see Lucario's popularity fading away eventually.

Unlike sandman, however, I think that Lucario MIGHT be playable in Brawl and I am not interested in getting into a flame role.

I just like to discuss stuff.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea its no problem its just that he is so... rghh he changed the point of the entire thread because Stryk's proved him wrong and he didn't admit it... RGHGHHH!

Anyways id rather have sandman out of my life but if ever i get in a fight i can just think about him... if i was a saiyen then i would turn super just "arguing" with him : p

Anyways i found this interesting thing somewhere about Pokemon and popularity and such and i just gotta find it now...

Edit: here it is!

Assuming the point was valid to begin with. The Importance Criterium is irrelevant when we speak of Pokemon, because every Pokemon is by definition both relevant and completely irrelevant. Thus, we must rely on three things: marketing presence, popularity, and anime presence. Lucario has the first two in spades, and a decent amount for the last.
Besides, what old Pokemon character would you suggest?
Only Meowth would really work, fitting the popularity and anime criteria.

Top Bottom