• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I think the point Koarin is trying to make is that Deoxys, who starred in a movie, is not playable.

Care to say why Lucario defies this rule?

(I'm guessing it is because Lucario's movie is more recent)
No one can say with 100% certainty wether Lucario will be playabe, in a pokeball or to now show up at all however.

Deoxy's has 4 forms (counting) his netural one, and could be hard to implement into brawl. If Deoxys was playabe I could see him as PT pertaining to each of his forms.

Working on a unique moveset for each and everyone one of those forms seems like a bit much considering they're the same pokemon, and unlike Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard might be a bit too similar.

Overall all I really don't know why Deoxys isn't playable. I would have liked if he was playable however.

Lucario is one of the newly featured D/P pokemon.

Lucario has star'd in his own movie "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Could have a unique moveset based on his "Aura" ablities.

Very very popular, considering how little time Lucario had to build up a fanbase; able to go toe to toe with Blaziken and Deoxys and even beating them out in some instances. Lucario is arguable one of the most popular pokemon of the D/P generation.

Will Lucario fall under the "Deoxys" syndrome or prevail to be a playable pokemon? Only time will tell.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O ok it thought it was some part in another move (Why don't they make a movie called Lucario VS Mewtwo!)

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
honestly if popularity is the one of the main aspects contributing to pokemon inclusion as characters than like it or not lucario is the most popular of the fourth generation or at least the most recognized.

Back before pokemon d/p came out i remember seeing pics online of lucario and saying to myself "so that's the new mewtwo/lugia/ho-oh/rayquaza" I had no clue he was just a regular pokemon and I'm sure no one else did.

So basically, anyone who's played d/p, have watched the movie (which more people watch the movie than the show now), or seen his pics online know who he is. People who have seen him but haven't played the games probably think he's the uber pokemon of the game and thus one of the best and coolest.

As far as popularity lucario is the clear winner of the newest generation. As for other aspects that's all debatable.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
For those of you who voted Blaziken, it seems possible now, huh? ;) I hope it's not a mere clone like many of you have suggested. Please, Blaziken is better than that, people.

Dragonite could be possible only if they introduce a "Pokémon Champion" character of sorts.

----------

Now, I've been thinking hard about something. The whole elaboration on this can be seen on another message board, but to summarize it, I'll leave you this sequence of sprites:

Any thoughts on that? Is that likely?

Eevee4ssbb

Smash Journeyman
i dont have to shut up brawlpro

i have opinions about eevee if you dont like it then go away!

anyways at least eevee should be a pokeball like with random effects depending on the evoltion(like togepi and clefairys metronome)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I voted for Cubone/Marowak.

I've always loved those two Pokemon... I really have no clue why. XD I guess I've always thought Cubone was cute. :p

Wonderful reasoning to get in, I know.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
i dont have to shut up brawlpro

i have opinions about eevee if you dont like it then go away!

anyways at least eevee should be a pokeball like with random effects depending on the evoltion(like togepi and clefairys metronome)
did u get that idea from me? im positive i put that in like a few pages back, but im jus wondering if u got it from me.

yeah lol the pokeball idea i did copy(dont sue me)
hahah thought so. here's my idea for it tho:

Eevee: Take Down: Does a Marill Pokeball thing
OR can do Evolution (not really a move but u know where im getting at):
Vaporeon: Water Pulse: Makes a Water Pulse on the ground, causing it to go across the stage. Works like Venasaur's Earthquake, but avoidable.
Jolteon: Pikachu's Thunder Jolt: Emits from all around Jolteon as if it were an orb (another way to explain this is think of Neji's Hakkeshou Kaiten (the spin thingy) from Naruto but Thunder Jolt's coming from it.
Flareon: Charizard's Flamethrower: Self explanatory, except weaker and moves around the stage.
Espeon: Mewtwo's Confusion: Everyone gets affected.
Umbreon: Togepi's Metranome move that turns everything dark (wtf is taht called?)
NEW EVOLUTIONS!!!
Leafeon (Leafia): Does the stupid name attack haha jkjk. Magical Leaf: Like Chikorita's Razor Leaf, but its homing onto one opponent (and its colorific!!!)
Glaceon (Glacia): Hail: Pours Hail starting from the middle of the stage, moving around after.

well after making this, i just thought the Eevees could replace some of the Pokeballs from Melee, but of course they can be replaced by some Pokemon from the 4 gen. Plus since Eevee and and its 2nd gen evolution didnt make it in Melee, maybe its new evolutions could somehow get them in.

2: Yes and so has Lucario how much? Sooooooooooooooooooooo much

3: Why don't people count the films as Anime? because they are just super long episodes.

Munchlax:

Lucario:

^ Lucario actually looks cute there

3. The films are never even brought up in the anime... Like May had seen a Mime Jr. before but when it appeared in the anime she still used her pokdex on it... Also Ash didn't know what weavile were despite having seen it already in the film... A bunch of other stuff too...

still, a movie doesnt really have anything to do with the anime except the main characters, its like an extra episode thats hella long. actually, a movie is like one of those" if this were to happen" things: in the first movie, Mew2 had this armor thing on because Giovanni put it on him, but Mew2 got pissed and flew off. After that he started ruling Pokemon for a short time. In the anime, Ash was off to get the 8 gym badge and while on the way he saw the armored Mew2 flying out. i cant believe i still remember after all these years.
a little off-topic: if the movies were only for legendaries, how come there was never a movie about Ho-oh? (n Ho-oh is badass)

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Wow, That Anti-Lucario topic became a miss of retarted gibbing:ohwell:.

Just so that people know and stf^ about them here is why Pika/ Mew2/ Jpuff got in. . .

Pika- Mascot of the series. Had it's own game AND is amount Mario and Sonic as best known video game characters:ohwell:. Really, it's on EVERYTHING pokemon nomatter if it's anime/ games/ Pokay crap or w/e (had it's own Giga-effing-Pet. . ).

Mew2- It's the only VILLIAN of the series in the games. . .

Jpuff- Hella popular in Japan. Plus it has it's fanbase here.

So why the hell did this become some problem on the Anti-Lucario thread? Are people that dense?:confused:
Do some people really think that the anime was why Pika got in?

Nergal

Smash Journeyman

Just so that people know and stf^ about them here is why Pika/ Mew2/ Jpuff got in. . .

Pika- Mascot of the series. Had it's own game AND is amount Mario and Sonic as best known video game characters:ohwell:. Really, it's on EVERYTHING pokemon nomatter if it's anime/ games/ Pokay crap or w/e (had it's own Giga-effing-Pet. . ).

So why the hell did this become some problem on the Anti-Lucario thread? Are people that dense?:confused:
When pokemon was initially released, it was treated like any other pokemon.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I do think it, Pikachu wouldn't be popular without the anime... He wouldn't have been anything other then another random Pokemon you run into, I mean that's all he was in the games before the anime started.

Legolastom

Smash Hero

Well it was ALL sandman who ****ed that thread up seriously if you read through the pages you will see why.

Because of the Anime

He is the only one who is somewhat important in the games

Apparently its losing popularity after it stopped appearing in the Anime.

If you think its because of the video games then you obviously know nothing about Pokemon... but that is IF you think its because of the video games.
sandman in the anti Lucario thread turned into a complete ****** for some reason Stryk's proved everyone of his theories about other characters wrong (sandman actually said MM shouldn't get in because he was blue!).But the_sandman just changed the entire thread and because he was proven wrong and couldn't think of anything to say back.

Then he asked why is Lucario NECESSARY to the franchise... we answered him 20 times over the 12 pages but he kept on saying "You still haven't answered my question" AND then he started acusing us of never answering him... he was a stupid, hypocritical, biased and imature **** anyway.

(He posted fart pictures about Lucario XS)

But seriously the Anime is one of the only things that can make the Pokemon stand out from the other 500.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Pikachu is POPULAR because of the anime. When the creators were making the anime, they were originally going to have Clefairy become Ash's starter, but they decided to choose Pikachu because they thought it would be more popular. They were right. Once the anime was a success, that's when Pikachu got its own version in Pokemon Yellow. Without the anime, Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise probably would've been the face of Pokemon.

Lego is right. so is Yukiwarashi. The anime is something Pokemon have over most Nintendo games (the only other one i know about is Fire Emblem with Marth). The Mario bros had some other stuff too, but come on...theyre the Mario bros...
Eevee4ssbb: can u stop with the Eevee talk? its cute (i cannot believe i just said that) an all, but its getting a bit annoying.
but heres something a little off topic: Yukiwarashi, your sig is awesome. not only because of the Pokemon fandom, but u wanna main WW Link XD

Eevee4ssbb

Smash Journeyman
sorry to annoy you ylink

but i cant stop exspressing my opinion i hope you understand

but i think eevee has good potenial to be in it.

i also like the idea of a ic like combonatiob with plusle and minus

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Cubone for Brawl!

Who's with me? He would be so much better then Lucario...

You know, he's so much more important to the series, he's been in since the first generation and obviously Sakurai is only representing first generation Pokemon! :)

I'm just kidding...

...but now I'm disappointed, because he doesn't really have a chance. Poor Cubone... :(

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
yeah cubone has potenial to lots of bone attacks
but eevee would be better = D
Well, that's your opinion. =P

I don't think we'll see anymore first generations. Jigglypuff and Mewtwo will hopefully stay, which will be A LOT of first generation Pokemon. It's about time we get somebody from one of the newer generations... (that isn't a clone like Pichu or Plusle and Minum. -_-)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How is bone rush NECESSARY to the franchise?

Jking... but personally i hate the idea of plusle and minum

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How is bone rush NECESSARY to the franchise?

Jking... but personally i hate the idea of plusle and minum
I know... they're so uncreative in the first place. I can't believe they pushed them into popularity, they look way to similar to Pichu, and then they're electricity too... I mean... WTF? It would make me mad if they appeared in this game. More mad then Petey, at least Petey isn't a rip off character... >_>

Top Bottom