• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Mime Jr. may be a psychic type pokemon but he doesn't really use telekinesis or anything like mewtwo... He is more a mimicking type pokemon and has moves to indirectly cripple the foe like trick and trick room... Mime Jr. was released alongside Weavile, and Bonsly and was part of the lucario movie as the queen's pokemon. Mime Jr. is currently in the anime as James' pokemon and he appears in their motto. When he does battle he uses moves like Teeter Dance and mimic... Look at this video to see his fighting style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyztNf18Fw

He is a baby pokemon but so what... Jigglypuff sucks more than Mime Jr. in battle and it was in smash bros. and melee... Besides their ability to fight in the pokemon games doesn't dictate their ability to fight in brawl...
i saw your move set and i changed my mind i think he would be ok. but i dont like the mimic i think thats something that should stay unique to kirby.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
well i dunno, i put the strongest ones of the type. i havent played Daimond/Pearl, so i have no idea wut Blast Burn and the others do besides make the Pokemon immobile the next turn (i got the info from serebii.net) but if anyone would care to do so, wut do they do/look like in the games?
Frenzy Plant has giant roots coming out of the ground. It actually looks really cool compared to the other two on the Gamecube games. I don't know what they look like on PBR though. Hydro Cannon would be a more powerful version of Hydro Pump with much more force. Blast Burn is a blast of fire that kind of spreads. I don't really know how to describe them well enough for anyone to truly understand. Maybe try looking for videos of them.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I disagree. a Ninja is a master of stealth. Pirates are the ones who charge in guns blazing.
Yea. . .look at what Lucario did. A HUGGGE jump leaving soo many openings before a tackle that was wide open in the fact that he can't change direction in the air.

Flashy. . .thats all.
(Ninja would have stayed in a "no ones behind me " manner before turning a attacking to kill when the person got close enuff)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Ah, but he did it from behind. That's the way of the ninja.
But he let him self be seen before the attack, giving away his location. In such a case the Ninja would be wise to play the dum card before attacking at the best time. . . right when the person thinks they have them.

kaid

Smash Master
I'm not so sure about that. Lucario heard Ash coming in behind him, but Ash gave no sign of noticing Lucario above him.

Mind, part of that may be Ash's cluelessness, but a ninja exploits an enemie's weakness!

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'm not so sure about that. Lucario heard Ash coming in behind him, but Ash gave no sign of noticing Lucario above him.

Mind, part of that may be Ash's cluelessness, but a ninja exploits an enemie's weakness!
Yes, they exploit the weakness by taking full use of said weakness. They don't give openings in flashy jumps. . .they go right to the point.

Turn around, dash forward and put a spike to the neck. That would have been more ninja like.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Mime Jr. may be a psychic type pokemon but he doesn't really use telekinesis or anything like mewtwo... He is more a mimicking type pokemon and has moves to indirectly cripple the foe like trick and trick room... Mime Jr. was released alongside Weavile, and Bonsly and was part of the lucario movie as the queen's pokemon. Mime Jr. is currently in the anime as James' pokemon and he appears in their motto. When he does battle he uses moves like Teeter Dance and mimic... Look at this video to see his fighting style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyztNf18Fw

He is a baby pokemon but so what... Jigglypuff sucks more than Mime Jr. in battle and it was in smash bros. and melee... Besides their ability to fight in the pokemon games doesn't dictate their ability to fight in brawl...
i have to say this, teeter dance is pure win. also japanese pokemon is funny for no reason

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
This update does serious damage to Meowth's already low chances.
I think Jiggs will return, and Lucario and Gardevoir will be newcomers.

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
i was giving this some thought earlier but i think if there were to be a clone of the PT character, then it should be the female from R/S (May). Because Mudkip and Blaziken are so popular...her using Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken would mirror the male counterpart quite well. The whole Trainer as a character dynamic doesn't make it feel like there are too many pokemon characters so like Pikachu, PT(male), PT(female), and Lucario is only 4 characters but that would leave out the second generation...deciding on the fates of Mewtwo, Pichu, and Jiggs is not a choice I'd like to make (tho i wouldnt have put them in the first place so i wouldn't be in this position :p) I know one thing for sure, Sakurai won't disspoint. This character revelation was a great surprise and I'm sure he'll keep them coming, obviously deciding on what direction to go with the Pokemon series is one of his toughest decisions because of all the rules fans see when selecting pokemonz. I see Lucario as a Mewtwo replacement at this point.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
i think since the trainer doesn'tdo any fighting they can have outfits that are all the other trainers from the games and just switch the pokemons colors or whatever.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
i think since the trainer doesn'tdo any fighting they can have outfits that are all the other trainers from the games and just switch the pokemons colors or whatever.
I believe this to be true. It wasn't named as Red. that means that, as Pokemon Trainer, the actual trainer's avatar can change drastically. one of the costumes can even be female.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...I love how Black/Light and kaid were all arguing about who has chances and who should be represented in what way and movies and everything and now they are arguing over the course of several pages whether Lucario is NINJA.

What was I going to say?
Oh yeah.
Mime Jr.
Pokemon aren't cute.
Pokemon are cute, cool, funny, pretty and fascinating, and variations thereof.
Pikachu is cute, Lucario is cool, Jiggly is cute and funny, Gardevoir is pretty and fascinating, Mewtwo is cool and fascinating.
And variations thereof.

Don't diss the cool, and don't neglect the pretty.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
But he left himself wide open in the time he GOT to the window. Flashy jumps=gaining a LOT of attention and that aint what the Ninja wants.

And heres a clips of Naruto kicking da a** which is why Lucario doesn't compare to him.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kqMG8fr0lIA
Naruto is awesome (*geeky voice* Ive been a Narutard since the sixth grade!)
so no, Lucario is not a freaking Ninja. he is a freaking dog. a freakin dog that throws freakin balls of light made by his freakin aura (think Dr Evil)

oh n just so if anybody missed it, here are some ideas i put together for Pokemon Trainer
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2730414&postcount=2652

Tenza

Smash Cadet
Uhhhh i'm new here and this is my first post but anyway;

i voted on Marowak for the fact that he has a lot of moves that could easily be in brawl (such as b or foward b being bonemerang and just like link's boomerang). But then again i can see blaziken or lucario making it and actually it seems very likely; they just seem like smash bros. pokemon!(note: i don't even like Blaziken) but uhh yeah just my input.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Idk what people were talking about Jiggly leaving a couple pages ago but seriously Pichu is on the chopping block in the first place not Jigglypuff. I wouldn't really care if Tails didn't make it in but if Jiggly didn't I would seriously cry and not play not game. People have grown on to Jigglypuff and I don't think she is leaving. I mean, who else would become the joke releif character and be unlockable by beating adventure.

Jiggly has been with us for 9 years and a lot of people would hate to see her go.

kaid

Smash Master
...I love how Black/Light and kaid were all arguing about who has chances and who should be represented in what way and movies and everything and now they are arguing over the course of several pages whether Lucario is NINJA.
Of course. I made a deliberate effort to lead the conversation into the middle of nowhere, and abandon it. It saves me work.

Fawriel

Smash Master
*applause*

No, seriously. That's clever.
Discussions that are going nowhere should just be made the best out of.
And what could be better than a discussion about ninjas?

...hmmmm.

Squirtle is totally a pirate!

xentoo

Smash Rookie
All of the current pokemon have been major rolls in the anime, meoth would be the best choise, but I personally hope that no more pokemon get added, we have enough

Top Bottom