• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
What do you think the downside would be to switching too rarely/too often?
Your pokemon probably move slower if you dont switch enough. Switching pokemon is what dampers the whole idea. Say I was a fst character like Fox, and I just stall a whole bunch until Squirtle gets tired and has to go back to his pokeball. Then, as the pokemon are switching and stuff, Fox takes advantage of the lag of switching and does a smash attack. urg

And I also wonder if we can just switch between two pokemon and not use the third altoether. Seems dumb to switch, just to switch again to get what you wanted in the first place.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
It's modeled after trainer red... AND Hoen Ash. They have the same outfit.

Sakurai has tacitly "proven" the trio rule in this update. In any given pokemon trio, one cannot get in without the other 2. Sakurai put them in anyway... without violating this rule.

And show me where Mewtwo could talk in the games.
Mewtwo actually did speak in-game, but only in the Japanese version.

kaid

Smash Master
Well, imagine if each pokemon had 100 stamina-mode stamina, in addition to it's %. If you run one pokemon out of stamina, it faints, and is removed from the Pokemon Change move.

Black/Light

Smash Master
It's modeled after trainer red... AND Hoen Ash. They have the same outfit.

Sakurai has tacitly "proven" the trio rule in this update. In any given pokemon trio, one cannot get in without the other 2. Sakurai put them in anyway... without violating this rule.

And show me where Mewtwo could talk in the games.

Not the same model.

Who DOES he look aLOT like?
Fire Red Guy

I don't see this as the "proof" that most people say it in. (As in ALL starters have to be in, not just ones from one gen)

And the mansion said Mew2 could talk in game.

kaid

Smash Master
It's the same "trio rule" that applys to almost all starter appearences.

For instance, the two pics you put on this page. each of them have three starters of the diferent types. The cover of PBR is the same.

Black/Light

Smash Master
It's the same "trio rule" that applys to almost all starter appearences.

For instance, the two pics you put on this page. each of them have three starters of the diferent types. The cover of PBR is the same.
If your talking about ALL together in every thing than your dead wrong there. There are many times when one starter (the most popular one or the most suited for something) appears alone.

And really, with a character who has 3 pokemon I would find it odd for him to NOT use the starters:ohwell:.

(p.s. I really feel that most pokemon have taken a nose dive in chances at this point (very much so for the 4th gen) so it really doesn't matter to me at this point if Blaze gets in or not. Im too hyped for Trainer Red. And SOOO many people got owned with this update thats it's just too funny:p)

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
1. It's MODELED after trainer Red:ohwell:.

2. Everyone also said it would be "unfair" to have any starter in cause you would have to and them ALL.(every flipping gen of them) This proves them wrong.

3. This doesn't really do anything other than hurt the chances for ANY new pokemon (they are ALL characters save the down B. Sakurai could have made them each a character like Pika if he gave them a Down B so Trainer Red has the work of 3 characters in him. . . and they are all in the pokemon series). Doesn't "prove" Blaze has to come with the other 2 (Could be Pokemon DM Blaze:p).

4. I couldn't care less about Blaze at this point!!! I got what I wanted. . . . for pokemon to have a completely unique-to-pokemon character. We have the first water user in smash, the first FULLY 4 legged character in smash (and it's a plant type) and we have a flying fire shooting dragon in smash. And they are ALL put into one alsome character that actually goes back to what Pokemon is IN there games.
Im happy. . . you, on the other hand, should be worried (IF your not happy).

@PyrasTerran
Pika and Mew2 got thier personalities from the games. Mewtwo mass mundered a mansion full of people and could talk in the games so him being evil aint something new. Pika's animations are based on the console game so they aint those of the anime Pika. They are both based on the console games 3D pokemon.

And I repeat, random Lucario can't do mind-talk. That was as mush of a anime only thing as trainer Red being Ash.
NO in red/blue red had ash as another defult name they are the same person.

kaid

Smash Master
If your talking about ALL together in every thing than your dead wrong there. There are many times when one starter (the most popular one or the most suited for something) appears alone.

And really, with a character who has 3 pokemon I would find it odd for him to NOT use the starters:ohwell:.

(p.s. I really feel that most pokemon have taken a nose dive in chances at this point (very much so for the 4th gen) so it really doesn't matter to me at this point if Blaze gets in or not. Im too hyped for Trainer Red. And SOOO many people got owned with this update thats it's just too funny:p)
Yet most instances have them appearing in Trios. Which is WHY you fee so comfortable with a 3 pokemon set for a trainer being starters.

But explain why you think all pokemon's chances have taken a nosedive?

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
sooo excited....half-expecting a female pokemon trainer now with 3 starter pokemon from other generations. maybe one of each type, each evolution level, and each generation. i.e. Cyndaquil, Grovyle, Empoleon

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yet most instances have them appearing in Trios. Which is WHY you fee so comfortable with a 3 pokemon set for a trainer being starters.

But explain why you think all pokemon's chances have taken a nosedive?
There are many MANY toys/ pokey crap sold with only one of the 3:ohwell:.

And why have all pokemon taken a nose dive in chances? Because Trainer red = 3 characters:ohwell:. Just because they aint on the selection screen =/= them not being complete characters.
It's not like they are some half as*ed specials or something, the animations, models, tunts, movesets andstat balancing for them took the same amount of effort as any other character (save the down b).

They are 3 characters in one who happen to all be from Pokemon. (So yeah, now we know 4 confirmed playable pokemon)
Mewtwo is most likely coming back so that makes 5 pokemon characters from the 1st gen. Jpuff COULD come back (neither one of us really think she will) so that would make 6 pokemon in brawl.

And if Pichu doesn't come back than what? We most likely have 2 more spots for Pokemon if Pokemon doesn't get over 7 characters (or if Jpuff and Pichu go away).

Now, fuse that with the thought that theres 3 gens full of pokemon to choose from other than the 1st. . .

I see Gard coming. . . thats about it for my guesses.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
ahh...i typed this earlier but the site crashed (or maybe it was my computer...). i copied and pasted this but my idiotic brother forgot i told him not to copy and paste something else.
ok. i had some ideas for Pokemon Trainer:
since some people wanted other Pokemon, such as Blaziken and perhaps some other Primary Pokemon, here is a way to do that:
the Pokemon Trainer could have different costumes of each Pokemon generation with different Pokemon:
1st generation: Pokemon Trainer Red (from Fire Red/Leaf Green)-Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard
2nd: Pokemon Trainer Gold - Totodile, Bayleef, Typhlosion
3rd: Pokemon Trainer Sapphire (May) - Mudkip, Grovile, Blaziken
4th: Pokemon Trainer Daimond - Piplup(Pochama), Grotle(Hayashigame), Infernape(Goukazaru)
Final Smash Ideas:
Legendary Switch - The Pokemon Trainer switches whatever Pokemon is out and switches it with the "smaller Psychic" legendary Pokemon. The legendary will grab only one opponent telepathically and attacks it with Psycho Boost, which can be charged by repeatedly tapping A. No Charge=20% knockback brings opponent off stage enough for "close call" recovery as I call it. Charge=30%'harder recovery. Full Charge=40%; off stage into that "scope" look. If the attack misses, everyone falls asleep (except the PT) due to Mew/Celebi's Pokeball in Melee. Also, depending on which costume of generation, the Pokemon has a different look.
1st: Mew
2nd: Celebi
3rd: Jirachi
4th: Uxie (Yukishii), Mesprite (Emuritto), Azelf (Agunomuu);all together
OR since that looked overpowered:
the Pokemon Trainer sends out the other 2 Pokemon, and all 3 do the strongest attack of type:
Water=Hydro Cannon
Grass=Frenzy Plant
Fire= Blast Burn

well there are my ideas. regarding the costumes, all the Pokemon types have the same effect, ex. Squirtle=Mudkip etc. and that i couldnt think of any other legendary in the 4 gen because the 4th gen has alot. If the PT also really commands (which i hope he doesnt, because itll mess up mindgames) they have different voice overs, same with the Pokemon. also regarding the 4th gen, i put the Japanese names next to them because IMO, the english names suck (i know theyre based off the german names but those are the german names, not the english names.) hope my idea works out (and happens :))

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think the final smash should jsut be the elemental hyper beam depending on which one is out =/. That would make more sense.

Pikamario64

Smash Apprentice
i would've rather have that squirtle, bulbasaur, and charmander been the pokemon that red has, and a final smash to evolve into blastoise, venusaur, or charizard. or maybe the 3 just mentioned as his pokemon and their final smashes were hydro cannon for Blastoise, Frenzy Plant for Venusaur, and Blast Burn for Charizard! But i'm glad you can finally play as squirtle! aw he looks so cute!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If a Pokemon evolved, it can't turn back. That's why a Pokemon will never evolve for a move in SSB. I like it the way it is now.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
I think the final smash should jsut be the elemental hyper beam depending on which one is out =/. That would make more sense.
well i dunno, i put the strongest ones of the type. i havent played Daimond/Pearl, so i have no idea wut Blast Burn and the others do besides make the Pokemon immobile the next turn (i got the info from serebii.net) but if anyone would care to do so, wut do they do/look like in the games?

EDIT:
farfetch'd is a duck...which is a bird i guess...lol

lucario is a rip off of mewtwo...they both have those fat *** thighs and stand on the front of their feet. if mewtwo can make melee, lucario can make brawl!
lucario for brawl!!!
well i do respect your liking for Lucario in Brawl, but i just wanted to point out wut u said about the 2 there: Lucario is a dog, if im not mistaken, and Mewtwo is a cloned cat. they only have fat thighs because, well theyre not even thighs. its the part of the backlegs on cats and dogs.
most likely u already knew that, but i just wanted to say that because if u were in an argument and say that, well then youd get the answer i just gave u. and even if u were joking, i couldnt resist giving an answer anywayz haha

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
how is lucario deserving, people think he looks cool and he has been in a movie giving him credibility. i never understood the attention to him for fourth gen rep, but then again this might just be pent up deoxys mourning. anyways i don't care for lucario but he has a chance, just not as strong as everyone thinks

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Why does everybody think Jigglpuff is out? Jiggly puff is not only one of the most well known pokemon it was it the origanl game so its classic smash character. It stupidly popular in japan and it has a pretty darn unique fighting stlye. I'm getting the impression that people are saying it wont come back just because they thinks its dumb.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
it seems that people like him only because he looks cool, he is a ninja, his fans act very superior over other pokemon, they act like he is the only rational choice for4th gen rep, they danced on deoxys grave, etc...

and to dizzy i think jiggly is a waste of a space but i know she'll return because SHE WON'T DIE! plus she has a following in smash and she is a vet so i doubt highly that she will be taken out

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Lucario does seem very mewtooish. the only move i saw him use in clips of the movie looked like mewtoos shadow ball.

I don't like the fact that people only want Lucario in cause he looks cool... >_>; Pokemon aren't ninjas so i don't think Lucario would be a good representative of Pokemon. I think that Munchlax or Mime Jr. would be a better choice as a 4th gen representative because pokemon are... CUTE! Pokemon are not ninjas and sword fighters... They're a bunch of cute animals that battle each other with powers! So Munchlax or Mime Jr. would be better representatives for the fourth gen...

The poll above you says otherwise...
No the poll says that 410 people are idiots... Besides the only reason i said that is cause he just said that Mime Jr. is a bad idea without giving any reasoning. Whenever I talk about not wanting lucario in i give reasons instead of just saying what i just said. I was mimicking his way of disagreeing with someone

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
No the poll says that 410 people are idiots... Besides the only reason i said that is cause he just said that Mime Jr. is a bad idea without giving any reasoning. Whenever I talk about not wanting lucario in i give reasons instead of just saying what i just said. I was mimicking his way of disagreeing with someone
mostly because most people have never even heard of it. its not popular at all even among fans and its another psycic pokemon which we already have. It stupid(not really a valid point i just dont like it) its a baby so it cant really fight very well. Aslo im not really a lucario fan im kinda neutral towards it. Its also VERY true that the mojority is not alway right and a lot of people can agree with very stupid ideas(not specificlly refering to lucario so dont flame me im jus saying dont listen to polls blindly)

mostly because most people have never even heard of it. its not popular at all even among fans and its another psycic pokemon which we already have. It stupid(not really a valid point i just dont like it) its a baby so it cant really fight very well. Aslo im not really a lucario fan im kinda neutral towards it. Its also VERY true that the mojority is not alway right and a lot of people can agree with very stupid ideas(not specificlly refering to lucario so dont flame me im jus saying dont listen to polls blindly)
Mime Jr. may be a psychic type pokemon but he doesn't really use telekinesis or anything like mewtwo... He is more a mimicking type pokemon and has moves to indirectly cripple the foe like trick and trick room... Mime Jr. was released alongside Weavile, and Bonsly and was part of the lucario movie as the queen's pokemon. Mime Jr. is currently in the anime as James' pokemon and he appears in their motto. When he does battle he uses moves like Teeter Dance and mimic... Look at this video to see his fighting style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyztNf18Fw

He is a baby pokemon but so what... Jigglypuff sucks more than Mime Jr. in battle and it was in smash bros. and melee... Besides their ability to fight in the pokemon games doesn't dictate their ability to fight in brawl...

Top Bottom