• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Fawriel

Smash Master
The first movie rocked because
a) Pikachu Thundershocking petrified Ash almost made me cry. Last time I watched the movie. At the age of 19. On Youtube. In Japanese. Without subtitles.
b) it has Mewtwo.
c) it's about Mewtwo.

The second rocked because all I remember of it is the pretty music and the awesome Team Rocket skit at the very end. =D =D =D =D =D

Hyper Beam is only good on one Pokémon. Porygon Z. With Adaptability Porygon Z can boost Hyper Beam's power and destroy. Even then it is risky since it is inaccurate.

Hypnosis is an amazing move. Sleep is very unpredictable. I've seen a Pokémon sleep for 2 turns and another sleep for 12. Its base accuracy is 70, attach a wide lense to your Pokémon and the accuracy is boosted to 95. Having Nightmare and dream Eater in you attack arsenal helps you inflict tons of damage. So no Hypnosis doesn't suck.

Also Flamethrower is good move for Charizard, but he can also learn Flare Blitz or Heat Wave. Both are powerful fire type moves. Blast Burn is good but the turn used up for rest could be used to attack again..so it's not worth it.

Blaziken- Salac Berry
Adamant Nature
Brave Bird/Stone Edge
Flare Blitz
Sky Uppercut
Swords Dance

Better Moveset.
There's so many points wrong with this post that I'll have to demolish them all. First of all, a pokemon can only sleep for 7 turns, not 12. Second of all Wide Lens boosts your accuracy by 10% so Hypnosises accuracy would only be 77%. Having Night Mare and Dream eater is a waste of move space. Say you put one of my pokemon to sleep, you'll probably use something stupid like nightmare and then i switch out my pokemon while you are trying to use Dream Eater on my pokemon, so it would fail and you would fail as well. Also that's a horrible moveset on a horrible pokemon.

Bleagh. Blaziken sucks. I never got why it has such a fan following.
Lucario has the Hadou, the wave-guiding POWAHS!
And stars in the movie most fans consider the best.
Fans don't consider it the best... Its one of the worst... It was a horribly boring movie with little action and little emotion.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I agree with a spin-off Smash Bros. game with nothing but Pokemon characters. a good 1/2 of all existing pokemon would make fine smashers, and that's already well over the regular fighting game roster.
Super Smash Pokemon? Sure, why not?

I think Blaziken would be a good choice for a Brawl Character. As I see it Pokémon deserves to get 5 PCs.
1. Pikachu- The Series Mascot
2. Jigglypuff- SSB Veteran
3. Mewtwo- SSBM Veteran
4. Pokémon Trainer- Represents First Gen
5. Lucario- 4th Gen Rep or Blaziken- 3rd Gen Rep Or both. That would be fine in my eyes.. others might not think so.
I agree...

What? The first two movies sucked. I loved Movie 3, though.
NO. The first two movies were absolutely EPIC. The third was good, too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The first one was the only one that I really liked. It was brilliantly done and made you connect with the characters...

The second had that awesome song, but that's about as much as I remember from it...

After that they went horribly downhill...

The Lucario one was so-so...at best...

Micahc

Smash Ace
Can someone tell my WHY each gen needs a rep? We all ready have Pokeballs for that...

If each gen needs a rep, then why don't we just go ahead and rep every game in the Nintendo library? It wouldn't be fair to leave Mortal Kombat behind, would it?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Can someone tell my WHY each gen needs a rep? We all ready have Pokeballs for that...

If each gen needs a rep, then why don't we just go ahead and rep every game in the Nintendo library? It wouldn't be fair to leave Mortal Kombat behind, would it?
I really don't think each and every gen needs representation, rather each pokemon that would rep it's respective generation would show pokemon's growth from one generation to the next.

So far all we've gotten are RBY reps and to be honest that's not the only generation that should be recgonized; granted RBY did start the pokemon craze but tell me Is there really anything wrong with having a pokemon from a different gen? I don't think so in face I think Lucario would make an excellent rep for the D/P generation, and I hope Sakurai can see the same.

Oh and lol when Mortal Combat sells nearly as much as pokemon, perhaps we could talk about that, hehe.

-Knight

MysticKenji

Smash Master
To show Pokemon's growth as a series. Having only 1st gens does not really show this.

How about no? Will that work for you? What logic were you using for this?

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon is a special case. In case anyone didn't know, Pokemon Diamond is on track to become one of the bestselling games of the year. Probably only Halo 3 and Brawl will beat it.
Why wouldn't Sakurai want to acknowledge the present of Pokemon? Just going for Retro only is beyond unlikely.

Black/Light

Smash Master
a) Pikachu Thundershocking petrified Ash almost made me cry. Last time I watched the movie. At the age of 19. On Youtube. In Japanese. Without subtitles.
b) it has Mewtwo.
c) it's about Mewtwo.

The second rocked because all I remember of it is the pretty music and the awesome Team Rocket skit at the very end. =D =D =D =D =D
I agree the the first was the best but the 3rd one was good too imo because of the Char vs Unknown fight. I liked most of the 9th but it was lame(Ash is the king of the sea and saves the day!!! Wowz!!). Aint seen the 10th but from what I know it rocked the socks off the Japanese theaters and is going to be pretty much in the top 10 movies of the year for them.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
b) it has Mewtwo.
c) it's about Mewtwo.

I dunno, I felt that the first one had the potential to be absolutely awesome (let's look at the elements: two stellar protagonists, Mewtwo and Mew; world-ending conflict; the whole crisis of identity hing that would probably allow you to sympathize with the main, and a long etc) and yet they botched it more than a bit. And I rewatched it a few days ago, so I got it fresh. Still interesting movie, though, because of Mewtwo. Mewtwo Returns was also a nice sequel.

And you almost cried with Pikachu, but I have no problem on admitting I did shed a tear or two at the last scene in the eighth film, with the whole Mew being almost sacrificing himself and Lucario taking the bullet. But then, that first scene not having an effect on me might be because I dislike Ash enough that seeing him petrified didn't really move me a lot :laugh:.

Pokemon is a special case. In case anyone didn't know, Pokemon Diamond is on track to become one of the bestselling games of the year. Probably only Halo 3 and Brawl will beat it.
Why wouldn't Sakurai want to acknowledge the present of Pokemon? Just going for Retro only is beyond unlikely.
Lol, do you really think that Brawl will sell as many copies as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will in less than a month?

rayecho

Smash Ace
Lol, do you really think that Brawl will sell as many copies as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will in less than a month?
this game was delayed for almost 2 years. since everyone loved the first to games, this game will sell fast. the amount may not be as much pokemon diamond/pearl, but it will be a high number.

this game was delayed for almost 2 years. since everyone loved the first to games, this game will sell fast. the amount may not be as much pokemon diamond/pearl, but it will be a high number.
I never said it wouldn't, but he said that it would only be beaten by Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Halo 3 as the best selling games of the year

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Lucario, Blazakin are the only 2 that probably have the highest chance of making it in, as far as for the new ones, as for any older one's i'm not to sure but I guess (and hope) to see mewtwo come back, I really could care less about Jigglypuff but all I want to see is Mewtwo (or at least Giovanni with him lol..) Armored Mewtwo for Brawl!!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Pichu should NOT return that is if he will be the same as in Melee (damaging himself, cloned moveset, light), if they make those changes then I probably wouldn't mind, but other than that, I could care less too see him back

@brawlpro: hey man what's up, I havent been around much lol...

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Lucario, Darkrai, and Blaziken are the only 3 that probably have the highest chance of making it in, as far as for the new ones, as for any older one's i'm not to sure but I guess (and hope) to see mewtwo come back, I really could care less about Jigglypuff but all I want to see is Mewtwo (or at least Giovanni with him lol..) Armored Mewtwo for Brawl!!!
Fix'd

Pichu should NOT return that is if he will be the same as in Melee (damaging himself, cloned moveset, light), if they make those changes then I probably wouldn't mind, but other than that, I could care less too see him back
Agreed.

I dont think pichu should return either, He's horrible in every way...
I heard he killed a guy.
LOL Who?

Micahc

Smash Ace
To show Pokemon's growth as a series. Having only 1st gens does not really show this.
Well you obviously can't have all of the Pokemon from the same gen, it gets redundant. It's when people can't come up with a decent reason for a character to get in so they say "They should get in to rep the 3rd gen!"

The 3rd gen doesn't NEED a character, nor does the fourth. If both got a character fine, I'm okay with that. But saying a gen needs a rep is stupid.

How about no? Will that work for you? What logic were you using for this?
I was going by the logic that if every Pokemon game got a rep, then every Nintendo game should get a rep. After all, if the third gen NEEDS a rep, then Mortal Kombat NEEDS a rep, IIRC it sold very well on the SNES. People need to come up with a better reason than there game getting a "rep."

Black/Light

Smash Master
The 3rd gen doesn't NEED a character, nor does the fourth. If both got a character fine, I'm okay with that. But saying a gen needs a rep is stupid.
Agreed. Really, if Sakurai cared soo much about "repping" gens with characters than Red would be using the DP starters and have the model of the DP guy.

If it hapens it happens but I don't think it HAS to happen by any means:ohwell:.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm glad the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl male trainer wasn't in. I think the male designs are getting worse every generation.
On the plus side the female trainers have been getting better since after "Crystal"

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I'd have to agree that the females are getting better, though. With the exception of the female alternate for Red, she's still the best girl, period. But Dawn and May are way better than Kris.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd have to agree that the females are getting better, though. With the exception of the female alternate for Red, she's still the best girl, period. But Dawn and May are way better than Kris.
Agreed 100%

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm still waiting for the answer to my question.

What on earth does everyone (exaggeration) see in Blaziken?

Top Bottom