• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
Ok, first of all there have to be 5 pokemon characters max, besides Pokemon Trainer. The only ones out of the poll who deserve to become playable are Lucario and Meowth, cuz they're really popular pokemon! I also wanted Deoxys and Munchlax as playable, but they were confirmed as pokeball pokemon **** it! :(

The problem with starters is that if one is in Brawl, the others have to be aswell, cuz it would be called descrimination then. (Eg. If Blaziken is in, then Swampert and Sceptile have to be in aswell). So NO TO STARTER POKEMON!!! :mad: Same goes with legendary trios: the legendary birds (Articuno-Zapdos-Moltes), the legendary dogs (Entei-Suicune-Raikou), the Regis, Uxie-Azelf-Mesprit, Groudon-Kyogre-Rayquaza... the duos like Lugia-Ho-Oh, Magmar-Electabuzz evo lines, Jynx-Mr. Mime evo lines... and the 4 cute legendaries: Mew-Celebi-Jirachi-Manaphy! ALL OF THESE ARE NOT GONNA BE IN BRAWL!!!

The ones that are gonna be in Brawl have to be really popular in the anime, like Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are! So Lucario and Meowth are the best choices! The only Hoenn pokemon that should have made it into Brawl as playable, had to be Deoxys! :(

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, like many have pointed out, I can't see them adding Blaziken without Sceptile and Swampert. It'd be unfair to those who didn't pick Torchic as their starter in the 3rd Generation games. And aside from them the only Poke from the Third Generation that stands a chance is Gardevoir solely due to its appearance on Sakurai's poll. But really...I see it making it in as a Pokeball at best.

And when it comes to the 4th Generation, I can only see Lucario. He's popular in Japan thanks to the movie and all the D/P advertising pre-release. And pretty much everyone who played Diamond and Pearl used him due to the free Riolu egg. So it's not like he'd be an unfamiliar face.

His signature Aura Sphere (which could work similar to Mewtwo's standard B in Melee) and status as a fighting Pokemon certainly help, as well.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I would say that other generations of pokemon should be repped, over repping one generation of a respective franchise doesn't seem fair in my mind. I mean how would people feel that since Ike has been added; Sakurai may choose to only pick PoR characters sticking with his "pick a franchise only represent one part of it motto".

-Knight

Micahc

Smash Ace
I would say that other generations of pokemon should be repped, over repping one generation of a respective franchise doesn't seem fair in my mindI'm not saying to over rep a franchise, I'm saying it's stupid when every gen needs a rep. Not every gen needs a rep, just the Pokemon series as a whole.. I mean how would people feel that since Ike has been added; Sakurai may choose to only pick PoR characters sticking with his "pick a franchise only represent one part of it motto".

-Knight
I have no idea what the last part was supposed to mean cause I have no idea what PoR is.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'm still waiting for the answer to my question.

What on earth does everyone (exaggeration) see in Blaziken?
What does "everyone" see in Lucario/ Deoxy?

I liked Blaziken because it was my strongest pokemon back when I had the 3rd gen game. . . it's just people's oppinions.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
What does "everyone" see in Lucario/ Deoxy?

I liked Blaziken because it was my strongest pokemon back when I had the 3rd gen game. . . it's just people's oppinions.
If you want to see what people see in Lucario and Deoxys why don't you look at their respective threads to see what the people who posted their thought of them.

-Knight

Black/Light

Smash Master
If you want to see what people see in Lucario and Deoxys why don't you look at their respective threads to see what the people who posted their thought of them.

-Knight
Iv been to both's threads thank you very much:ohwell:.

Like I said, it's all opinion in the end. Theres no other reason to like something other than your opinion when it comes down to it.

Fawks

Smash Rookie
fire+fighter+bird=almost fox
o and lucario or whatever his name is, kinda looks like he has wieners for hair
but thats just me
other than that he looks kinda cool

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Hmmz, what if lucario was pokeballed, what you peeps do then? just wondering
I'd be annoyed but get over it. He is still in the game after all. I did the same thing when Charizard was Pokéballed again in Melee. I can rejoice now though..:)

I think that the 3rd gen will have a big enough rep with the Pokéball Pokémon. I'd love to play as Blaziken though. If he makes it in I'll be happy, but if he doesn't then I'm fine with it as well.

Combusken also asks that you stop making fun of his phallic design.. He hates you for it.

Lucario seems like the best candidate to me. I'm actually surprised they have yet to put a fighting type in Smash. They have had two electric types a Psychic type and a Normal..but no fighting. A fighting game deserves a fighting Pokémon. Thats why Lucario and Blaziken are such popular choices over Meowth, Weavile, Sceptile, Etc..
Lucario would make a good addition I think though. If Sakurai takes out Pichu, that gives him a spot to put Lucario in. I don't mind Pichu, Pikachu is superior, but I still don't mind Pichu. If he stays it will be a waste of a spot, but I'll still be alright with it. Frankly I think Plusle & Minun should take Pichu's spot as Little Electric Mouse. At least with them you get another Ice Climber style character and a pair of Pokémon who represent the third gen. Plusle & Minun are also single stage pokémon, not the first stage in a evolution so they are used more in player's teams than Pichu. Anyone who uses Pichu competitively is just using it for the fact that they like it. Otherwise they'd use Raichu. I'm assuming of course, there are exceptions.
I can see Lucario in brawl. Give him the speed of Fox, with more weight ( He is part Steel). He could have Aura Sphere as a ranged attack, then other fighting moves such as Force Palm, Close Combat, or Sky Uppercut ( think he can learn it by breeding). Lucario has alot of good characteristics to make him a good candidate..
-Popularity. Only Reason why any of the Pokémon characters are even in the game.
- A natural fighter, as a Fighting type Lucario was born to fight, and as a Steel type he can take a hit.
- Bipedal character, human like. Good characteristics to have for a fighting game.. then again it doesn't stop Ivysaur.

I'm not saying Lucario would definitely be in. But he seems to me to be the most likely candidate. There are other good Fighting types that would be awesome in Brawl, (Medicham, Machamp, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Primeape,Blaziken) But none of them have the fan following that Lucario does.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
There's so many points wrong with this post that I'll have to demolish them all. First of all, a pokemon can only sleep for 7 turns, not 12. Second of all Wide Lens boosts your accuracy by 10% so Hypnosises accuracy would only be 77%. Having Night Mare and Dream eater is a waste of move space. Say you put one of my pokemon to sleep, you'll probably use something stupid like nightmare and then i switch out my pokemon while you are trying to use Dream Eater on my pokemon, so it would fail and you would fail as well. Also that's a horrible moveset on a horrible pokemon.
Firstly I was exaggerating with the sleep to prove a point. I didn't know the specifics of Wide Lens down to the percentage..so thanks for correcting me. I took a shot in the dark. Also I was giving an example of a combination to do with sleep, since the other poster thought sleep was useless. I wasn't getting into tournament strategies or any advanced techniques. It was an example. The moveset again was an example of a better moveset that I posted to show the posted I quoted. He had his Blazikien using Hyper Beam and stuff like that. It was only an example. If you'd like go ahead and post a better moveset instead of trying to be a smart @$$.

Sorry if this is a double post.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hmmz, what if lucario was pokeballed, what you peeps do then? just wondering
People will complain and b*** about it and than there will be people who list reasons why it shouldn't have been expected playable in the first place. People will than agree with those people and move on. . . just like with Deoxy/ Lyn/ SG.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I'm not saying Lucario would definitely be in. But he seems to me to be the most likely candidate. There are other good Fighting types that would be awesome in Brawl, (Medicham, Machamp, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Primeape,Blaziken) But none of them have the fan following that Lucario does.
Agreed.

Also, I wish Machamp was a PC in Brawl.

Sorry if this is a double post.
We forgive you.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Personally I'd love Meowth if for no other reason than for the fact that from the anime, he's really the only pokemon (or at least one of the only) to have a personality.

Comical and clumsy sure, but still I think he'd be great fun. I mean I don't really have any great interest in lucario. Doesn't mean he couldn't be fun, but I just don't have much of an opinion about him besides the fact that he comes out of my pokeball and attacks people

Wrath`

Smash Master
Personally I'd love Meowth if for no other reason than for the fact that from the anime, he's really the only pokemon (or at least one of the only) to have a personality.

Comical and clumsy sure, but still I think he'd be great fun. I mean I don't really have any great interest in lucario. Doesn't mean he couldn't be fun, but I just don't have much of an opinion about him besides the fact that he comes out of my pokeball and attacks people
After all my time here I hated him, and now I could see this happen, but only with his guitar from the melle trophy.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
After all my time here I hated him, and now I could see this happen, but only with his guitar from the melle trophy.
well, I really don't see that as a huge part of his character, but I wouldn't be half surprised to see the guitar come out for an attack or two, or maybe his taunt.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
TR Meowth almost got a game for GameCube called "Meowth's Party" where he played the guitar. (it was a demo to show off the Game Cube when it was first released)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w4WC9Mh4HaA
which I believe shows why meowth has as good a chance as any pokemon. TR meowth is one of the only pokemon to have any real identity. I have a feeling that he wouldn't be all that great, but he'd still be fun.

Top Bottom