• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
It would be a good idea if the makers of all the Pokémon support threads updated their move names according to the American versions. Serebii.net and Bulbapedia have them already.

jedi88

Smash Rookie
I'd rather go wit Blaziken, he's also has his fire attacks as well as his speed.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
...I feel like a dork. :p I never realized this was even here, and started my own pokemon in brawl thread. Sorry! ^_^() Everyone ignore it!

Anyways, to all those whom are curious, I chose Blaziken as a fighter. Even though I much prefer Water types (Ice to be exact), Blaziken is pretty darn cool! I hope to see him as a fighter!

I also said I'd like to see Deoxys come out of a pokeball, and chase everyone around with a laser. That certainly would put a damper on your ememies plans! ^^

Fawriel

Smash Master
Waaah, I'm not going to read through more than a thousand replies.
Just my total of fifteen cents:

This poll sucks, or is at least unreasonable or unrealistic. As has probably been said a few hundred times, those Pokemon aren't exactly iconic enough to represent the whole giant series of games. And if something like Blaziken could be in, nerds like me would petition all over for Swampert and Sceptile and stuff.
So what is needed is something awesome and iconic, right.

Which makes the only possible choices Mew and PSYDUCK! <3

At least I know I'm not alone with my wish for Psyduck thanks to the search function.
See Psyduck. See Psyduck sit. See Psyduck TAKE OVER THE WORLD! *runs around in circles*

Wrath`

Smash Master
Waaah, I'm not going to read through more than a thousand replies.
Just my total of fifteen cents:

This poll sucks, or is at least unreasonable or unrealistic. As has probably been said a few hundred times, those Pokemon aren't exactly iconic enough to represent the whole giant series of games. And if something like Blaziken could be in, nerds like me would petition all over for Swampert and Sceptile and stuff.
So what is needed is something awesome and iconic, right.

Which makes the only possible choices Mew and PSYDUCK! <3

At least I know I'm not alone with my wish for Psyduck thanks to the search function.
See Psyduck. See Psyduck sit. See Psyduck TAKE OVER THE WORLD! *runs around in circles*
I will have to say based on your lack of knowledge.....

That you are a n00bist,Lucario,deoxys and blaze are the most ICONIC and viable because they are human like.MEW?PSYDUCK?

Psyduck was iconic in like 1999-2000

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
If Pichu isn't included in brawl I will hunt down the creators of the game one by one. :evil:
I think we need a mob, with torches and pitchforks and Pichu merchandise!!

That aside, Pichu is iconic to the series because everyone recognises it as the baby Pikachu, others don't have that quality (well, Raichu does but he is ugly:) ).

Hmm, doesn't anyone else wanna see Bulbasaur in Brawl? Everyone pretty much knows who it is.

EDIT: Mew is actually quite well recognised and popular, though I still have to say it won't work in Brawl, it will remain in its Pokeball for now.

Fawriel

Smash Master

That you are a n00bist,Lucario,deoxys and blaze are the most ICONIC and viable because they are human like.MEW?PSYDUCK?

This is the first time I hear the term "n00bist". Is that some sort of profession? Do I get money now?

Blaziken is hardly iconic... it's one of three starters. Kind of like saying that Umbreon is iconic. I don't know about the popularity of Lucario and Deoxys, I just know that they are, one more, one less, legendary thingies and star in movies, but then you might as well have Groudon or even Slowking. Mew, on the other hand, is THE legendary because it's supposedly the one all Pokemon have evolved from.
And Psyduck is just about as iconic as Jigglypuff. They're both cute and star as running gags in the anime.
Aaaaand a humanoid shape shouldn't be a deciding factor. Mew is about the same shape as Mewtwo, Psyduck is shaped kind of like Yoshi ( or should I say Yoshi's kind of shaped like a duck? ).

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Mew, on the other hand, is THE legendary because it's supposedly the one all Pokemon have evolved from.
And Psyduck is just about as iconic as Jigglypuff.
that's like saying Arceus should be in because it played a major role in the creation of all pokemon (most likely including Mew).

And Jiggs is still popular, Psyduck isn't. He is merely a one-series pkmn, and got replaced by Wobbuffet in annoyingness.

Fawriel

Smash Master
that's like saying Arceus should be in because it played a major role in the creation of all pokemon (most likely including Mew).

And Jiggs is still popular, Psyduck isn't. He is merely a one-series pkmn, and got replaced by Wobbuffet in annoyingness.
Hehe, I thought about making a point concerning Arseus. I suppose having "God" as a playable character might be a little overkill. ^^;

Oh well. Whatever happens, I shall always stand by my ridiculous claim that Psyduck is the epitome of awesomeness.
Doesn't really matter to argue about it anyway... arguing about which Pokemon should be in SSBB is like arguing about which Tetris block should be in.

( Days later, the forum is divided into the L and the Square camp. Murders happen. )

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o

his lack of knowledge? go throughout posts and threads and then you will see who is lacked of knowledge.

How are pkmn human like? im a pkmn? moo!

Pickachu was iconic since the beginging of pkmn....

Must I go on?

Wrath`

Smash Master
his lack of knowledge? go throughout posts and threads and then you will see who is lacked of knowledge.

How are pkmn human like? im a pkmn? moo!

Pickachu was iconic since the beginging of pkmn....

Must I go on?
Must i go on about how you dis me,but not have any actual rlavance to what i said.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
I wonder why nobody ever thinks of Machoke or Machamp...I know I wouldn't want to go up against that! O_o

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Um in case you've forgotton, Gengar is beating Dragonite on the main poll and won the mini poll. You can't argue with results.
BAH-HUMBUG. nonsense! gengar is only "winning" because you voted for him a bagillion times.. and gengar doesn't even have a brain.. if he did you would see it because he is a ghost. and i have a photographic memory.....................................I just need more film

leelue

Smash Lord
After giving this much thought (well not really but, im interested)
i think what should be put into consideration are the pokemons movesets, and stats, such as weight, fall speed and recovery options.
Also the pokemon cant play like an existing character.

Thsi is my problem with Blaziken. His most obvious options for up and down B would be sky uppercut and blaze kick, which already set him off like falcon or ganon, even though i suppose the way these attacks hit could be moved around so they arent clones of raptor boost and falcon kick.... (more like marths up B and Falcos forward B, including spike)

after that, what would his other moves be? I suppose flamethrower would come to mind as if you combined bowzers nuetral B with links boomarang so you could aim it and fire.

And finally, i cant think of other moves that would be too doable or effective for nuetral B. Firepunch could resemble ganons nuetral A, + a few frames but with a little horizontal movement, not only for range but recovery as well.

My only problems with gengar are not his specials but his A button strikes. all he has are stubby arms and a tongue, i'd rather not have another mewtwo/bowzer moveset on the ground.

I voted hitmonchan because at the most basic level, all his moves (except down arial) should be easy to come up with.
B- Fire/thunder/ice puch
>B- Comet punch (combo perhaps like dancing blade)
^B-Sky uppercut
vB-Focus energy/bulk up/mach punch

as for the pokemon in brawl, pika, jig, hitmonchan, and lucario looks really good too.
*cough cough, grovyle*

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
There are some cool pokemon, but the only ones I recognize are the old school ones, like Gengar, Sycthor, Charizard, Cubone, Sandshrew, Meowth, and the Hitmon's.
I could not decide between Cubone, Gengar, and Scizor, but went with Scizor in the end because he would be like a cool fast, blade-type player.

Top Bottom