• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Electivire is Elekible's supposed official name. It comes from Serebii.net, I believe, though, due to Serebii's inability to give sources, it's not confirmed so it's not listed anywhere other than a couple websites.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
lol, isnt it amazing how my opinions cause so much commotion?

anyway, i really like characters that have unique (the one of a kind definition) features that other characters can't use. thats why i dont like pokemon like primape, blaziken, hitmonchan and elecible as characters.

anyway, i have realised why i like lucario alot...
because it is egyptian.
like me....

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .You should add Lucario to that list with such a blunt use of said word.
And something we seem to have in common, I only "partly" want Lucario in because he is African (Black) in decent. . . much like I am :p

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
. . . .You should add Lucario to that list with such a blunt use of said word.
lets see if it qualifies like the others i listed...
primape: ehhh... do i even need to list why it qualifies? what does it do besides generic fighting attacks?
hitmonchan: ^^^
elecible: its the same as above, except it also uses some moves that pikachu use.
blaziken: yeah, fighting attacks and fire conjuring...
lucario: its steel type (no steel in the SSB games atm) and its pulse classification means it would base its fighting style on conjuring balls of specified energy. who else focuses on energy balls?

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
who else focuses on energy balls?
Eh, let me think... Mewtwo.

But you're right. A combination of powerful fighting moves and energy attacks would definitely throw something else into the mix. But I still think Blaziken is probably going to be in brawl. Probably along with Lucario. If you think about it, though, that would kinda suck...

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
honestly i don't think blazikan will be in brawl. don't get me wrong he is definitely brawl-like but just because you look like you can fight doesn't mean you'll be in brawl. In smash all the pokemon are popular. i honestly don't believe blazikan is that popular...don't get me wrong he's cool, but not on the level of popularity of the 4 pokemon currently playable as characters. with that said lucario (if we base it on popularity) is the best bet to be included since he's one of the most popular pokemon. I think deoxys is the next best bet since he's a lengendary and his many forms would be a cool draw.

also...so far all but one of the starters have been in a pokeball in some form or another. (totodile family is excluded)

Bahamut27

Smash Apprentice
honestly i don't think blazikan will be in brawl. don't get me wrong he is definitely brawl-like but just because you look like you can fight doesn't mean you'll be in brawl. In smash all the pokemon are popular. i honestly don't believe blazikan is that popular...don't get me wrong he's cool, but not on the level of popularity of the 4 pokemon currently playable as characters. with that said lucario (if we base it on popularity) is the best bet to be included since he's one of the most popular pokemon. I think deoxys is the next best bet since he's a lengendary and his many forms would be a cool draw.

also...so far all but one of the starters have been in a pokeball in some form or another. (totodile family is excluded)
I dont thing so..

I belive brawl should incluide some pokemon can fight with stonger. and of course the people love. for example i like the dragons..

I wanna see to charizard in brawl is my wish... or dragonite, but i prefer charizard.. but okk
Sorry my english is no good i learning now:chuckle:

Black/Light

Smash Master
elecible: its the same as above, except it also uses some moves that pikachu use.
blaziken: yeah, fighting attacks and fire conjuring...
lucario: its steel type (no steel in the SSB games atm) and its pulse classification means it would base its fighting style on conjuring balls of specified energy. who else focuses on energy balls?
1. Wait for my Elect move-set example, aint got time now.
2. Add flame projectiles and flying attacks to that. (IDK about you but I don't see any flying type attacks in melee)
3. Being steel type wouldn't really matter if he doesn't main in doing steel type attacks imho. M2/ Zelda/ Ness all focus on balls of energy in some way(Hell, I can see PB working like Din's fire but in a complete line and not the wavey one) and I can see Lucario's fighting style being something like Fox's phy attacks mixed with Ness/ M2 or Zelda non-phy (not to say it WILL or is very lkely, just that I could see that happening).
EDIT- I just REALLY hope this point doesn't go over your head like alot of my points do. . .

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
lets see if it qualifies like the others i listed...
primape: ehhh... do i even need to list why it qualifies? what does it do besides generic fighting attacks?
Now see, I think Primeape has plenty of potential. Not that he has any remotely conceivable chance at getting in, but I think he'd be fun. Here's a rough outline:

Primeape, I'd say, would be based around his signature attack - Rage.

As he takes damage, the throbbing vein on his head gets bigger. For each 20 % he takes, a puff of steam puffs up from him, and it grows noticeably larger, as he gets angrier. His attacks then do slightly more damage (no more than about 2-4 % more), and his running speed rises.

B, Rage: A counter with a twist. Primeape twitches slightly, then, if hit in the next second, he raises both arms and screeches. The opponent is knocked back only slightly, but the vein on Primeape's head grows bigger depending on how much damage he took.
Side B, DynamicPunch: Primeape's fist begins to glow and he thrusts it forward with a screech. If it connects with someone, there's an explosion, that can vary from tiny to giant depending on how angry Primeape is. His anger is then reset to the way it was when the battle started.
Up B... something or other...
Down B, Thrash: Primeape thrashes around on the ground. There are multiple quick hits, and the angrier he is, the longer it goes on for. He can move slowly to the left or to the right while thrashing. Afterwards, his anger level is reset.

Something like that would be extremely fun to play with, methinks.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You did not just say that.

Read for better ideas:first for further info go to www.serebii.net

Better chocies:girdinia ghost/dragon
Palkia steel/dragon
electrive elec
arsurus Type depends on item plate attatched
To be honest, all of your suggestions really aren't as likely as Lucario. Arsurus and Giradina would be really awkward to put in the game and are really more suited for being in Pokeballs, and the same goes for Palkia (though he'd be easier to implement as a brawler, I still don't think it's likely). Electrive is another electric pokemon and is another new evolution of an already existing pokemon (and there seem to be a lot of these in D/P)

Lucario on the other hand is actually a brand new pokemon, not to mention the first origional pokemon revealed for the fourth generation. He's already vastly popular even outside Japan despite D/P not being released internationally yet. Face it, if any D/P pokemon gets in, it's Lucario (or probably Munchlax as he seems to have a huge fanbase in Japan, but let's hope not).

Black/Light

Smash Master
Actually, IMO, Mimirol (or her evol) has a better chance than Lucario as 4th Pokey. It actually took Jpuff's popularity in Japan which got Jpuff in in the first place. And Munchlex/ Mime Jr and Bonsly where all seen before Lucario. . .

Edit- Wanted to add a few cool B moves for Electrivire to show how unique he could be.
Electrivire

Stats
Power****
Speed**
Heavyness****
Jumps***
Lag time***(laggy)

Bv- Discharge. Electrivire balls up into a bent over half way ball. Than he charges up alil before he snaps out in a full out DBZ power up pose. At this point he lets loose a ball of electricity that engulfs him (Think Zelda's attack) and last alil bit longer than Pika's Bv. Can parlz if sweet spotted.

B>- Shock Wave. Electr puts electricity into his hands, lends back (puffs chest out) than stumps foward and does a powerful clap with his palms. Sound Waves of electricity fly forward from his clap and are as fast as Kriby's B^. The closer you are the harder it hits (and it has good knock back)

B^- Charge beam. Elect curls up into a ball and charges up alil. After he is charged up he snaps out of the pose and has a eletrical stream pull out from behind him as he is sent flying in w/e direaction you point him. At the peck of this attack a huge jolt of lighting shoots out of his chest into te path he was going. It's powerful but only reachs about 10 feet infront of him and is very short lived. Lil knock back.

B- Thunder Wave. Elect pulls both of his tails to the sides of his head and bends slightly down to begin charging. He can release a ball of lighting that spins clockwise well flying in a forward path. Once it makes contact it throws the character in the direction it was going well the character spins head over hills like the ball was.

There, simply unique wouldn't you say?:p

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
To be honest, all of your suggestions really aren't as likely as Lucario. Arsurus and Giradina would be really awkward to put in the game and are really more suited for being in Pokeballs, and the same goes for Palkia (though he'd be easier to implement as a brawler, I still don't think it's likely). Electrive is another electric pokemon and is another new evolution of an already existing pokemon (and there seem to be a lot of these in D/P)

Lucario on the other hand is actually a brand new pokemon, not to mention the first origional pokemon revealed for the fourth generation. He's already vastly popular even outside Japan despite D/P not being released internationally yet. Face it, if any D/P pokemon gets in, it's Lucario (or probably Munchlax as he seems to have a huge fanbase in Japan, but let's hope not).
Well, actually Munchlax was first.
PS: Don't hate on new evoloutions of old pokemon, the fact that they evolve from old ones doesn't hold them back. Electivire and Gengar for brawl!!!

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
the way i see it, munchlax has the potential to win, along with miramol, and lucario. Although i'd love for blaze to be in, they'd probably put him Sceptile and Swampert in as pokeball pokemon (i.e remember kick *** venusaur, Blastoise, and Charizard pokeballs)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
the point i was trying to make was about characters with one of a kind features that other characters can't use. not the potential of them having moves that other present characters could also use.
B/L, all those moves you gave elec, pikachu can use to. sure, they are unique moves, but they aren't unique to elec.
about Blaziken, bowser has the potential to use ranged fire attacks and young link kinda has fire projectiles (bombs, fire arrows could count to).

Wrath`

Smash Master

I was refering to the poke. franchise,not suggesting ideas for brawl.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well I guess that all swordsmen have the "potential" to be clones/like Marth and Link right?
And really, you are going out on a thread here. Pika COULD do those attacks. . . . but he ISN'T and it's not in his character to attack in such a power-house way as I have put them. And if we are ranking how "unique" the character's main moves are to them than I guess Lucario aint unique. . . PB is learned by a pokey already in the game. . .

And on the Blaze point, like I said. Browser COULD have a fire projectile but seeing as they didn't focus him around fire in melee (ONE fire attack) I don't see that happening. . . and it hasn't happened yet. (Also, I don't see flying attacks in SSBM. . .)
And bombs are explodsives. Why would it be a fire attack?
Fire arrows are. . . .reg arrow which happen to have a small flame at the head. . . . (The Divs: WEllllll thats it team, I think that fire arrows are the most fire can be used as a projectile attack. . . O, and we can't have anymore explodsives so Snake is the only new-character with bombs of some kind. . . and no more one hand swords either, Im tired of that crap cause MK is enuff!)
With this mind state we wont have any more of the things we love (Blasters/ Fire/ Thunder/ Sword/ Hand-to-hand/ Characters that pull crap out of nowhere/ Bombs/ Projectiles of all kinds and so on).
Really, your making no sense to me :ohwell:

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i'm not saying that certain characters should be excluded because of their fighting style, but this is pokemon. with all the characters that franchsie has, characters with one of a kind features should get in over recognisable ones. basicly, im saying a pokemon like gengar should get in over a character like munchlax, because although both of them could be unique, gengar would undoubtebly add much more to the game and be a much mroe interesting unique character.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lets remember to put IMO after opinions OK?
Looking at SSB. you could pretty much guess that their pokemon picks are all recognisable ones. Why, maybe it's because. . . ya know, they are recognisable to fans. Maybe it's because this game has 400+ pokemon and only the few that stand out in popularity should be the ones that get in because they are bound to be welcomed greatly by fans to the divs way of thinking. Maybe its because it REALLY takes that exter something for a pokemon to be so widly loved when there are 400+ others around it for people to love.
IDK, but recognisable ones can offer just as much to this game as odd, different ones. That, to me, sounds like "Effe Ike, he has a sword and theres SOOO many more unique characters in his game that use different weapons. I don't care that he is loved greatly, he wouldn't add as much!".

It just end up being opinion a the in, nomore. I can see Munch being just as unique as Ganger and he could add jus as much. . . but Im actually going to school to enter into a feild where being creative and unique is what keeps you in a job and gets you big money:chuckle: so I guess I can't expect others like yourself to see things as clearly as I.
(I could actually point out your flip floping in that post. . . .might bring it up later thou son)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well, actually Munchlax was first.
PS: Don't hate on new evoloutions of old pokemon, the fact that they evolve from old ones doesn't hold them back. Electivire and Gengar for brawl!!!
I meant Lucario was the first origional new pokemon, I knew Munchlax was revealed first but he's merely the baby form of Snorlax, and I personally got tired of baby pokemon after G/S/C.

As for new evolutions, I personally don't have much against them, but I really don't like how there are so many of them in D/P. I'm glad some pokemon like Sneasel, Electebuzz and Magmar have new evolutions, but there seem to be tonnes of new evolutions for the older pokemon and some of them look really ******** IMO. Electivire is one of the better ones though, but he just doesn't really strike me as a very strong candidate (unless he's extremely popular in Japan at the moment, but I don't know the standings on any of the new pokemon there exept Munchlax and Lucario)

@TWoK: Oh, my mistake.XD

Wrath`

Smash Master
Might as well get booburn,the evolved form of magmar.

Or that blade pokemon evolution of kirkla that kaid mentiond.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Might as well get booburn,the evolved form of magmar.

Or that blade pokemon evolution of kirkla that kaid mentiond.
Gardevoir and Erlade (or however you spell that) are really the only recent gen pokemon I would want in. Although Lucario seems like he'd be in before most other recent pokemon. Blaziken has little chance of being in, he's only popular because of the Anime. The Anime doesn't have hardly anything to do with the games, the Anime just stole characters and turned them into static, boring, morons IMO. From this list, Lucario looks like the only one with a shot.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
evo's will most likely be in pokeballs. although i'd hate to say it, so will the starters. although some starters are significant in our eyes, they'd probably end up in pokeballs

Black/Light

Smash Master
Gardevoir and Erlade (or however you spell that) are really the only recent gen pokemon I would want in. Although Lucario seems like he'd be in before most other recent pokemon. Blaziken has little chance of being in, he's only popular because of the Anime. The Anime doesn't have hardly anything to do with the games, the Anime just stole characters and turned them into static, boring, morons IMO. From this list, Lucario looks like the only one with a shot.
. . . Blaze has been in the anime like 3 times (only 2 more times than Gard has appeared and she is the most wanted in Japan) whele Lucario had a large part of a movie (which it where most people went "OZMG, The Hadu!!! Must be in brawl!!!").

Now who is anime popular? The one with 3 appearances or the one from a movie?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Blaziken was one of the first 3rd gen pokemon revealed in the Anime though, and was the signature pokemon of that Harrison(?) guy, and actually used it to beat Ash. That and May's starter was Torchic, Blaziken's unevolved form. That and I don't see how being popular through the anime hurts Blaziken (or any pokemon for that matter), it just makes them more recognisable (let's face it, it's not like Lucario is that recognisable outside Japan yet)

I do think people underestimate Blaziken's chances though. He has a huge fanbase (tbh, Blaze was one of the reasons I decided to get sapphire to begin with) and is practically built for brawl. There are other pokemon I'd like to see in Brawl first, but I definately won't hate it if Blaze get's in (which whether you like him or not, is a strong possibility)

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
blaze, sadly, has a 90% chance of being in a pokeball. Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan both were "Brawl Sufficient" from ya'lls perspective, and they got in pokeballs, not to mention the starter fact. There is a chance that the pre evos would be in, and the 3rd evo of starter could be trophy like figures.

Black/Light

Smash Master
The lil blue croc shows that not ALL starters are pokeyballed, case closed.
(Don't actually know what your taking about with the Hit Mons but. . .w/e)

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
last statement man, or trophy like figures (if there will be tophies). I know that not all starters get in as pokeballs, but starters do not get in as playables (pika sadly doesnt count, as he is the franchise's symbol)

Black/Light

Smash Master
So. . . .I guess fighting types don't get in as playables because it hasn't happened yet, right (No "the hAdusss!")? I also guess that half the pokemon in brawl are going to be Pika rips right? It happened in melee :ohwell: .

Really, please don't try to state made up rules or facts about SSBB. when you don't know what going to happen. . .

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
No, your not putting what i have typed into much thought. Fighting types would be great for brawl, but i'm getting mixed signs from creators on what will hapen. There is a first time for everything. Really though, it is not the fact that Blaziken is fighting that tellls if it will be pokeball char. IT is the fact that it is a starter. Plain and simple. Either blaze will get in as a pokeball, or Torchic and the other pre evos will be in as pokeballs. I surely dont know what will happen, but based on previous data you can state a possible outcome, that is actually a bit of simple truth.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
In terms of who will be included and excluded, IMO there are only a few possibilities. There's Blaze and Lucario, but I am a strong believer in Dragonite (not that he will be in the game but that he should be). Here's why.

As stated in previous posts about Dragonite, he would be the first relatively heavy Pokemon in a Smash game. This would also be far more interesting because of the fact that Dragonite can fly. A heavy character that can also hover? To me, that is intreguing.

However, it will most likely be Blaziken, simply because his moves fit perfectly with smash. The fighting attacks will be the A button moves, and the fire attacks will be the B button.

Hey, as long as Pichu is gone, I'm happy.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
However, it will most likely be Blaziken, simply because his moves fit perfectly with smash.
sakurai said he is looking for unique characters for brawl. do you think he means that he is looking for characters with moves that fit perfectly, or characters that look awkward in the game, such as kirby? i doubt blaziken would get a chance increase based on its basic structure and style.

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
People like Snake and C.F. don't have crazy movesets and they're insmash bros. so I guess Blaziken does have a chance even with serious moves. I voted for and would much rather see dragonite though

Top Bottom