• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'm just saying that b/light had a great finishing statment on you and that was my way of agreeing and feeling of satisfaction that you were put in your place.:psycho:

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I'm just saying that b/light had a great finishing statment on you
finishing statement on me? me and B/L are just trying to make points. we arent fighting each other... you dont understand this... you probably think that debating is some sort of fighting game where people beat each other with "finishing statements"
and that was my way of agreeing and feeling of satisfaction that you were put in your place.:psycho:
*sigh*
you feel satisfaction from this?
you REALLY need to get a life

Wrath`

Smash Master
finishing statement on me? me and B/L are just trying to make points. we arent fighting each other... you dont understand this... you probably think that debating is some sort of fighting game where people beat each other with "finishing statements"
*sigh*

I'm not the person you think i am.I dont think debating is a fighting game.I just like debates and arguments.
you feel satisfaction from this?
you REALLY need to get a life
Hey dont you feel satisfied when you win.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If you love Dragonite, then maybe you should associate with either me, or Fierce Oni. I think the three of us just have a hunce that he'd be a definate shoe-in in Brawl (double negative). We need more powerhouses like Bowser, DK, & Ganon!

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
i prefer to not read the other people thoughts, and i know that it probably over, but that one guy who gave 4 reasons for Blaze is a total idiot. I'm sorry man, but although they are good personal reasons, you need a bit more thought, in order to properly argue your point

and koarin, any satisfaction from a debate is idiotic, especially if it isnt you makeing the last statement. What if b/l had not said anything and F_O had the final statement. Most likely, although you wont say it, you'd go on his side.
(dang, i promised my self i would start an off topic argument)

and for the dragonite lovers, i see the point in a heavy weight in the game. I support other pokemon, but dragonite would have 2 set of characters (heavyweight and a pokemon)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
C'mon on Urban, be nice. Besides, the user that said he likes Blaziken has good tastes in Pokemon "coolness wise." (Unlike some other guy I know.....coughcoughCoraxcoughcough.

Bahamut27

Smash Apprentice
I still go with dragonite. He can do a wing atk(->b), dragon breath(B), multiple jump, hyper beam(down b), dragon claw(Smash -> A), tail swipe (down A) extreme speed (^B) etc...
I thnk Dragonite could have the most variety of moves.

I think charizard could have the most... look this

B = flametowers
> B = Slash ( or similar to bowser)
^ B = Fly
Down B = Dragon Rage (Is similar for counter)
A = Fire Punch (smooh smash)
>A = Dragon Claw
^ A = High Tail
Down A = Tail Swipe or Earkquake (Like this)

Charizard is great...:chuckle:

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
This is probably the largest reason why I would rather have Blaziken than Charizard or Dragonite: those two would have movesets too similar to Bowser's. Blaziken would be a completely different character.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
So you're perfectly content with having one of few new Pokemon characters being a clone of a Mario character? Because if Charizard or Dragonite are in, it's likely that they'll be either a clone of Bowser or massively overpowered, having a moveset like buddy9246's.

Micahc

Smash Ace
dragonite more in depth moves

^B -- extreme speed
>B -- dragon breath
Down B -- hyper beam
A -- mega kick
>A -- dragon claw
Down A -- iron tail
^A -- mega punch

Dragonite or Charizard. as long as its a dragon!
GotACoolName said:
So you're perfectly content with having one of few new Pokemon characters being a clone of a Mario character? Because if Charizard or Dragonite are in, it's likely that they'll be either a clone of Bowser or massively overpowered, having a moveset like buddy9246's.
Yeah, that move set is exactly like bowsers :dizzy: . I don't see how that move set is overpowered, Mewtwo is unique and underpowered. They could easily do the same with a dragon...

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but I'm sure Nintendo would either make Dragonite like Bowser or make him extremely overpowered with a moveset like the one buddy posted.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Yes, but I'm sure Nintendo would either make Dragonite like Bowser or make him extremely overpowered with a moveset like the one buddy posted.
How is his moveset overpowered? And frankly, it would almost seem more difficult in my mind to make him like Bowser, than different from him. You can't give him Bowser's up-b, side-b, forward smash, down smash, down air... You could only copy the side-b and neutral-b really.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
dragonite, although it would be nie to put in the game, would be a frankencharacter. i say put him in if they can get new ways of making old moves look cool. That or remake the whole moveset without dragonit's most popular moves.

the set would be overpowered, but the actual character would (i.e a attack would be the strong as hell)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Out of the pokemon listed, I voted Deoxys. My two favorites for Brawl are Deoxys and Munchlax (I love Mochlax, I think he's my new favorite)! But since one wasn't on the list, I went with the other.

I sort of laughed to myself when I saw Farfetch'd on the poll. In a way, he is the forgotten Pokemon, am I right?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
come on u guys u left out Blastoise the perfect dude to go against Bowser assuming bowser will be in it or GIGA bowser
Blastoise seems too much like Bowser to me. Also, blastoise is already a Pokeball pokemon. If it became a playable character, which Pokemon would replace him?

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I sort of laughed to myself when I saw Farfetch'd on the poll. In a way, he is the forgotten Pokemon, am I right?
I think jynx is more forgotten, she is only rembred for being ugly.
She is no longer in the anime really, and most of the ones she was in can't be aired anymore.
And her apperance has changed, because she was seen as racist. So now she is purple.

Honestly I would laugh if they put her in everyone would be like WTF, jynx is the new G&W
riacdol.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think jynx is more forgotten, she is only rembred for being ugly.
She is no longer in the anime really, and most of the ones she was in can't be aired anymore.
And her apperance has changed, because she was seen as racist. So now she is purple.

Honestly I would laugh if they put her in everyone would be like WTF, jynx is the new G&W
riacdol.
Jynx? I thinkjynx is definitely not a forgotten Pokemon, because of the controvery involving her.

And what do you mean "G&W riacdol"?

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Jynx? I thinkjynx is definitely not a forgotten Pokemon, because of the controvery involving her.

And what do you mean "G&W riacdol"?
Well she is first gen, and makes very minor apperances, and because its usualy popular with
kids, alot of them wouldn't know anything about the jinx controversy.

She would be like G&W no one would expect or think of jynx to be in brawl, riacdol.

Wario_insonmia64

Smash Rookie
I think charizard could have the most... look this

B = flametowers
> B = Slash ( or similar to bowser)
^ B = Fly
Down B = Dragon Rage (Is similar for counter)
A = Fire Punch (smooh smash)
>A = Dragon Claw
^ A = High Tail
Down A = Tail Swipe or Earkquake (Like this)

Charizard is great...:chuckle:
how bout something similar to luigis torpedo

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well she is first gen, and makes very minor apperances, and because its usualy popular with
kids, alot of them wouldn't know anything about the jinx controversy.

She would be like G&W no one would expect or think of jynx to be in brawl, riacdol.
Oh, okay.

Farfetch'd seems more forgettable to me, though.

Also, Wario_insonmia64, bubbles seems pretty differen from Hydro Pump. It might work, but it a different fashion.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
GotACoolName, click on my signature picture... dragonite has ALOT of potential. how can you even compare its uniqueness to Blaziken's? that is an insult.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Dragonites uniqueness... its not like insults can only be targeted at people.
*sigh* Why do so many of my points go over your head?
so what? its not like there are/will be too many dragons in the game.
This coming from the "how unique could Lyn be, she has a sword and arrows like Link (something along does lines)" person. . .

Wrath`

Smash Master
GotACoolName, click on my signature picture... dragonite has ALOT of potential. how can you even compare its uniqueness to Blaziken's? that is an insult.
wasted potential.

Every character has it's own uniqueness and you fail to relize that.I said once before that d/nite was coll,but I go against him because he has no chance of geting into brawl.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
wasted potential.

Every character has it's own uniqueness and you fail to relize that.I said once before that d/nite was coll,but I go against him because he has no chance of geting into brawl.
ehhh... why would i care about your opinion on any character? your a stubborn noob. i prefer you staying away from the characters i support. you dont support dragonite because it has no chance? then why is silver in your dream team? please, stop making up BS.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Ive said it before, and im saying it now. We don't need another 1st generation. Dragonite would be cool but I think that 3 from the 1st gen is enough. We need more Pokemon from fuure generations, Pichu just isn't enough.

I voted for Lucario because another punchy, kicky, firebird guy is too much of the same... As Captain Falcon. Though I can't deny that Blaziken has a decent chance.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
hey, you know what. Before Oni got back, it was like atack of the smash noobs

for pheonix, remember, most gamers in the world like fire, especially pokemon lover (i.e. they always pivk the fire starter (i myslef like water)) Blaziken, although he could/could not win the poll, is still going to be a favorite. And dont compare Blaze in any way to captain falcon man. It just isnt right.

and, only because i hate Koarin, i'll side with Oni

Top Bottom