• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
FiErCe_oNi;2102980 eh... i doubt that sakurai would put an unpopular pokemon in just because it is recognisable... this might just be a hunch said:
The only thing Jigglypuff is good for is to be the new Sandbag of the homerun contest. Putting loser characters,like Jigglypuff, on SSBB is a game for fools! C'mon, do I even need a reason of why Jigglypuff should receive her pink slip? She's so primative, she lacks in the "unique" departement, she's a waste of a character slot, & she's so overated. She gets the LOSER stamp of approval.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The game isn't aimed for teens you know. They added Jigglypuff along with Pikachu to attract younger kids to the game

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
ehhh... are you serious?
The only thing Jigglypuff is good for is to be the new Sandbag of the homerun contest. Putting loser characters,like Jigglypuff, on SSBB is a game for fools! C'mon, do I even need a reason of why Jigglypuff should receive her pink slip?
yes... you currently seem like an ignorant noob that rates characters on their appearence alone. take away her looks and what do you see? lets look at her awsome B moves. a chargable charge along the stage with extreme power, a powerful punch, the ability to put opponents to sleep and an extremely powerful close combat move that requires a rest afterwards.
She's so primative,
ehhh...?
she lacks in the "unique" departement,
do you understand the definition of unique? she is one of the most unique characetrs in the game. what isnt unique about her?
she's a waste of a character slot,
no, she isnt. no good unique character is a waste of space.
& she's so overated. She gets the LOSER stamp of approval.
overated? more like the opposite. any characetr is good if you master it. now, you got any plausible reasons? or are you going to continue an ignorant calculation system based on looks alone?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
How bout this Fierce? What if the developers put in one more PK character in the game & it was up to you do vote for who gets the last PK spot in Brawl. Would you vote for "the return of Jigglypuff" or Dragonite. Which one would you choose?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
How bout this Fierce? What if the developers put in one more PK character in the game & it was up to you do vote for who gets the last PK spot in Brawl. Would you vote for "the return of Jigglypuff" or Dragonite. Which one would you choose?
so this is all just about the amount of pokemon character spots in brawl? omg...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Answer the question Fierce!

Do you want........

Dragonite----> The Ulitmate First Generation Powerhouse

Or........

This pink emo!

Black/Light

Smash Master
so this is all just about the amount of pokemon character spots in brawl? omg...
Thats how is ALWAYS ends up in arguements now-a-days. Just look at the Nsider, "So-and-so is just a fuller characters!!! They would take a spot from a more "deserving" character like Geno or Tom nook (Yes, I really do see ALOT of people use those two characters in statements like these)".

People are soo wharped up in having w/e amount of characters they think are deserving rep w/e series they pull out of nowhere. It disgusts me to read half of their arguments there.

But I don't think what he said is the same (outside of the "waste of a character slot" part). He is saying that if given the choice would you take Jpuff or Dragonite. He didn't give a number so your choice could be the 2nd or 10th pokemon in the game. In that post it's just a question.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff is an iconic Pokemon and very unique. Dragonite is a character most people will not recognize, which is not Nintendo's aim, not to mention the fact that he'd just be Bowser 2.

Putting loser characters,like Jigglypuff, on SSBB is a game for fools!
If Smash is a fool's game just because of a character you don't like, then you're a fool too. If you don't like being a fool, then do the community a favor and quit.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
As soon as the rep. system gets running again, I'm gonna plus rep you Black/Light. You've received knowledge enlightenment or something.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is an iconic Pokemon and very unique. Dragonite is a character most people will not recognize, which is not Nintendo's aim, not to mention the fact that he'd just be Bowser 2.
Dragonite is a very popular pokemon from the first generation. everyone who has played the pokemon games at least once knows it. in other words, it IS recognisable. more so than alot of the suggested characters auctually. anyway, can bowser fly, shoot electricity and beams of energy? bowser 2? lol... thats like saying samus is link 2.

who would i rather have? my most wanted pokemon character or a good unique character that has been in all of the past smash games? i dont see why i cant want both of them. jigglypuff deserves its spot, just like pikachu does because its an annoying mascot. i would rather have Dragonite over Pikachu but if i was making the game, i would do whats right, and that would probably be making jiggly return. nothing could replace it (like zsamus replacing sheik for example). getting rid of it would literally be making the game less fun.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

If Smash is a fool's game just because of a character you don't like, then you're a fool too. If you don't like being a fool, then do the community a favor and quit.
Dude, I'm so not gonna flame war with you. I know what your trying to do, you're tryin to get under a brother's skin with your insults rather than debate. So, I'll be the mature one and just ignore you. (Walks away & leaves you devastated)

kaid

Smash Master
Jiggs is an interesting, unique character in Melee, and has a fan base there, but outside smash, the world has changed. Jiggilypuff was originally in because she was one of the most popular pokemon in Japan. This is no longer the case. It is distinctly possible Jiggilypuff may be dropped from the roster purely on the grounds of no longer being relevant.

If how good they were in the last game mattered, Jiggs and Yoshi would have never made it to Melee. Shiek and Jiggs are likely "Unique moveset" drops, purely on lack of relavance withing the last 6 years.

Wrath`

Smash Master
If you & me were game developers at Nintendo Kaid, we would totally rock da joint son! After all, great minds do think alike!
Rock da jont?:laugh:

If it was jiggs,dragonite and I had the choosing power. I would chose.....................DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAA JIGALYPUFF!

Lets keep with the original pink pokemon.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
that first statement was just stupid man....

and jiggs would probably win in the rechoise if people had choosing power

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ive been paying attention to the poll lately and relize that lucario's votes go up during the day(where i live)and for blaze they go up at night.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I'm so not gonna flame war with you. I know what your trying to do, you're tryin to get under a brother's skin with your insults rather than debate. So, I'll be the mature one and just ignore you. (Walks away & leaves you devastated)
Oh no. I am totally devastated because I did not waste both my and your time with a flame war.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff may not be popular in Japan anymore, but she's still a unique character from both previous Smashes, and she is no doubt still well-known due to the popularity she once had.

kaid

Smash Master
I do not disagree, but that's like saying Mewtwo should be dropped because noone plays him. Smash is a showing of the gaming climate... and nowerdays, all jiggs represents is the older Smash games. Master Hand and Sandbag fill that role already.

Purely as a character in smash, Jiggs is awesome, but outside smash, Jiggs is forgotten and neglected. Don't be suprised if sakurai notices.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Oh no. I am totally devastated because I did not waste both my and your time with a flame war.
Hey, it's not like my hatred of Jiggly was towards a guy that don't know from atom. I have a right to my opinion & you have no right to amend it by callin me a fool & telling me to quit Smash. Did you actually think I was gonna sit back & watch you call me a fool for know reason at all? You started this arguement & I'm finishing it. Period ya noob!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
calm down shade. he basicly said that you are a fool if you believe that SSB is a bad game because of 1 character, and you shouldnt play smash if you belive that. he wasnt exactly flaming you.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I think he's kind of "shady" Fierce, I mean he came off as very arrogant in that post that was directed to me. I mean he comes out of nowhere sayin all stuff &techinically he called me a fool. Well, I guess I'll take your advice & take a chill pill.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I didn't like the fact that Jigglypuff made it to Melee. In fact, characters like Jigglypuff almost turned me away from Smash completely until I realized something......after a hard days work I can take my frustrations out on Jigglypuff in training mode & pummel her.

So, I look at it this way, if Jiggly doesn't make it, it's FIESTA time! If she does make it, then it's pinyata time. Either way you slice it, we'll be satisfied with the results.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
out of all of the 40+ characters brawl will have, what would the point of making a big deal out of jiggly be? more importantly, you still havnt pointed out a plausible problem with jiggly.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The problem with Jigglypuff is that she has worn out her welcome. I didn't really care that she appeared on Smash 64 & Melee was ok as well. Now that Brawl is coming out, enough is enough bro. As Kaid would say, she has become irrelavant. She no longer has a roll if ya know what I'm sayin.

Hey Fierce, I'll race you to 1000 posts! Are you game?

Wrath`

Smash Master
The problem with Jigglypuff is that she has worn out her welcome. I didn't really care that she appeared on Smash 64 & Melee was ok as well. Now that Brawl is coming out, enough is enough bro. As Kaid would say, she has become irrelavant. She no longer has a roll if ya know what I'm sayin.

Hey Fierce, I'll race you to 1000 posts! Are you game?
Well jpuff should stay because she and pikachu represent the original ssb pokemon.And she is good.You just got to know how to play her.She's the one I used to baet lv51 with giga bowser and co.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Well, I'm glad Lucario is below Blaziken. The major turn off for me is that Lucario is emo. And How did Farfetch'd get here? It's crazy. I do think Gengar would be a nice addition, he was always my favorite pokemon while I played Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Red, and Pokemon Silver.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
out of all of the 40+ characters brawl will have, what would the point of making a big deal out of jiggly be? more importantly, you still havnt pointed out a plausible problem with jiggly.
There's no real problem with Jigglypuff. What shadenexus seems to be saying is that there are just better, more unique - yes, more unique - options than Jiggly. Personally, I think Kirby could take over Jigglypuff's aerial game (her crowning glory) without any big resistance. Shadenexus's main point is, quite simply, Jigglypuff doesn't LOOK like a smasher. At all.

A character like Mimirol could be equally unique, while also just changing things around a bit. A little bit of variety. This is all personal opinion and guesswork, of course, but I'd rather see two new Pokemon, but no Jiggly, than one new Pokemon with Jiggly still around.

Well jpuff should stay because she and pikachu represent the original ssb pokemon.And she is good.You just got to know how to play her.She's the one I used to baet lv51 with giga bowser and co.
So now the originals must be kept in at all costs? I never saw that rule anywhere. Either way, let's be honest, the only original that could conceivably be dropped - EVER - is Jigglypuff. As kaid says, her popularity outside of Smash has diminished, giving way to other, newer Pokemon. And, outside of Japan (and outside of Smash), she's never been particularly liked.

And just because she's good, is no reason to keep her. As kaid summed up, that's like saying Mewtwo... or even DK should be dropped. And Bowser. And Kirby. Oh, and it also could imply that Dr. Mario should be kept. Even if he wasn't Luigified.

eh... i doubt that sakurai would put an unpopular pokemon in just because it is recognisable...
Who said Munchlax was unpopular? According to Wikipedia, he's already appeared in 4 Pokemon games - quite a feat for a 4th generation Pokemon. Anyway, characters that are widely known tend to be more popular than the others. The only exception I can think of right now is Tingle, and he's very popular in Japan - he even has his own game.

In summary, I'd rather have that ball of fluff ^ than the current ball of fluff. Of course, I don't care very much one way or the other, to be honest.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
not just games, but he was an instant hit in the TV series current running, and possibly will be a must breed in D/P

Top Bottom