• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Black/Light

Smash Master
lol, i cant believe you still remember that... anyway, its not like im not allowed to ever change my opinion.
*well, ONE of us has to remember or we would waste more time than we already do*
But thats the thing, YOU just try to work any possable angle as to why characters like, say Lyn/ Blaze/ P&M (and I guess Gard thou I never actually debated her with you) shouldn't get in that you end up contradicting yourself too many times to keep or have a actual solid stand. I guess it's cause you don't like them or w/e but you don't seem to learn much from debates seeing as I could walk over to any of the 3 forums we both go to after finishing a debate with you and you try to push the same countered points:dizzy: .

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I hate to admit it, because I've always been for the classic 151, and even the next 100 or so they added; but I agree that logically, any new Pokemon to be added will be from the newest generation. I honestly have no idea what that's going to be, because I haven't kept track. Whatever it is, I'll just treat it as a new Smash character.

As for my vote, I had to choose Charizard. I'm bound to choose an original character, and of the ones up there I'd prefer something with an element. Gengar would have been nice, but we already have Mewtwo to cover the "psychic" ground.

And here's a crazy thought that is totally implausible:

Eevee as a character. After the game starts, Eevee is given rather basic smashes, aerials, tilts, etc. Nothing special. If things are becoming difficult, you can choose to evolve Eevee using any of the 5 variations of the "B" button (and this includes left and right). After evolving, you play as that evolution for the rest of the battle.

If one is worried about taking away any sort of recovery for Eevee, I'm sure he/she can be made as a light character, as well as an easy to DI fair of some sort that will help move it towards the stage. Or Eevee can transform and use one of its evolution's recoveries.

Geh, that's way too much speculation for even myself. I'm done now n_n;

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
wasted potential.

Every character has it's own uniqueness and you fail to relize that.I said once before that d/nite was coll,but I go against him because he has no chance of geting into brawl.
What do you mean Dragonite has no way to get into brawl? The minimum he could have a chance at is being in a pokeball (although that is wasting his moves). He has such a variety of moves that can be submitted. And not each character has uniquenesses. Dr.M and Mario, Falco and Fox, Gannondorf and CF, Marth and Roy, Pikachu and Pichu. They all have similiar move lists. I think dragonite does have a chance. (not a big one, but a chance)

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
althoug it would be nice, i've already said in the last post, that pokemon in the new game are going to be new, from 4th or 3rd gen. i dont even think that pokeball pokemon will be from old games. but to know for shure, we'd have to ask people in japan

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
I think that the pokemon should only be from first and second generation. So i say we should put machop on that poll. MACHOP FOR BRAWL!!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Ive said it before, and im saying it now. We don't need another 1st generation. Dragonite would be cool but I think that 3 from the 1st gen is enough. We need more Pokemon from fuure generations, Pichu just isn't enough.

I voted for Lucario because another punchy, kicky, firebird guy is too much of the same... As Captain Falcon. Though I can't deny that Blaziken has a decent chance.
generations arent important... sakurai isnt choosing characters based on how new they are (obviously). he is choosing characters that the fans want. besides, a large array of awsome pokeball pokemon from 3rd+4th gen sounds like enough to represent them.
*well, ONE of us has to remember or we would waste more time than we already do*
But thats the thing, YOU just try to work any possable angle as to why characters like, say Lyn/ Blaze/ P&M (and I guess Gard thou I never actually debated her with you) shouldn't get in that you end up contradicting yourself too many times to keep or have a actual solid stand.
the only solid stand i retain is my support for dragonite. sometimes i just make counter points to learn from other peoples opinions... thats the main reason i made an anti-gardy thread on nsider. i was basicly asking about why people want gardevoir (even though i didnt get much more than "it's popular in japan"). even if it looks like it, i'm not going around to force my stubborn opinions on people. i used to be completely against deoxys. i debated about it, and now i dont mind it. the only thing that can really change my opinion is good points. how can i contradict myself based on past arguments? is there a rule that i'm not allowed to change my begining opinion?
I guess it's cause you don't like them or w/e but you don't seem to learn much from debates seeing as I could walk over to any of the 3 forums we both go to after finishing a debate with you and you try to push the same countered points:dizzy: .
i learn stuff... i just dont show it.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
I hate to admit it, because I've always been for the classic 151, and even the next 100 or so they added; but I agree that logically, any new Pokemon to be added will be from the newest generation. I honestly have no idea what that's going to be, because I haven't kept track. Whatever it is, I'll just treat it as a new Smash character.

As for my vote, I had to choose Charizard. I'm bound to choose an original character, and of the ones up there I'd prefer something with an element. Gengar would have been nice, but we already have Mewtwo to cover the "psychic" ground.

Eevee as a character. After the game starts, Eevee is given rather basic smashes, aerials, tilts, etc. Nothing special. If things are becoming difficult, you can choose to evolve Eevee using any of the 5 variations of the "B" button (and this includes left and right). After evolving, you play as that evolution for the rest of the battle.

If one is worried about taking away any sort of recovery for Eevee, I'm sure he/she can be made as a light character, as well as an easy to DI fair of some sort that will help move it towards the stage. Or Eevee can transform and use one of its evolution's recoveries.

1st off, Gengar and Electivire are the two pokemon that need to be in brawl
2nd 0ff, Gengar is ghost/poison

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace

Its possible, but I dobt it will happen. I love eevee and its evolutions, but that one character would be alot of work. Evee now has 7 evloutions now, jolteon, flareon, vaperon, umbreon, espeon, and now 2 more in the new generation Leafia, and Glacia.

So if eevee gets in I think it would just be best if its a random evoltuion that last for a life.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
instead of stating your opinion whenever you have the chance, why dont you do something more? like , you know... provide reasons for your support.
That sounds like an excellent idea. We need more info. And who is Electivire? Is it the Electabuzz evolution?

Newer generation pokemon=more variety. Here are some of the most likely cantidates(it seems to me, at least) from each generation)

2nd: Tyranitar, one of the most popular non-starter bipedal pokemon in that gen.
3rd: Blaziken, popularity is undeniable. Deoxys: hmm... I wouldn't like him to be in Brawl, but it's not really up to me, is it?
4th: Lucario, definitely the most popular from the 4th generation. In fact, it's probably the most likely cantidate out of all the Pokemon posted here.

If you think I left something out, just make sure you give reasons.

Wrath`

Smash Master
f oni
your a stubborn noob.
n00b? Me n00b. nah.Never called you one.
i prefer you staying away from the characters i support
Your using the same"broken logic"( as you would say)as you said I did whene i used "if hitler suported d/nite would you?It's like saying if TwoK liked it would you?
then why is silver in your dream team?
Dream teams 1.are not relistical. keyword "dream"

I'll give dragqueenonite a 0.5% chance of geting in.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Gengar: He is something new, a ghost pokemon eho could turn semi-transparent for his shield. He would have a variety of toungue attacks and moves like night shade and confuse ray. He is a fairly popular pokemon from the first generation

Electivire: He was one of the first new pokemon announced and is quite cool looking and could represent the 4th generation well. He would use mainly electric physical attacks like thunder punch and volt tackle. He can also use fire punch.

So there's my reasoning behing these 2 being in brawl

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yes we know you like gengar.Please stop posting it every time.Hope ya know electrive is elec only.not ghost

Black/Light

Smash Master
the only solid stand i retain is my support for dragonite. sometimes i just make counter points to learn from other peoples opinions... thats the main reason i made an anti-gardy thread on nsider. i was basicly asking about why people want gardevoir (even though i didnt get much more than "it's popular in japan"). even if it looks like it, i'm not going around to force my stubborn opinions on people. i used to be completely against deoxys. i debated about it, and now i dont mind it. the only thing that can really change my opinion is good points. how can i contradict myself based on past arguments? is there a rule that i'm not allowed to change my begining opinion?
Wow, I use to be OK with Deoxy. . . till I realized that for him to work as his fans wanted him to that he would actually be, for the most part, 4 different characters put into one and also be broken (the time used to make his other forms would be better spent on making other characters). I also saw how much I dissliked him as a pokemon/ character and idea. . .
I stopped supporting Lucario when I fond out that he aint too great. Once you take off the "OOOOoooo, looks cool!" blinders you see he isn't really special. Also, I have yet to actually train one. . . .but from youtube vids I'v seen of him in action he doesn't look too hot (aka- weakish/ nothing great). I don't see him replacing Blaze as my "Pokey I can always fall back on" but I will hold back my full view of him untill I get Pokemon D.

There, thats examples of me changing my view over time. But what you seem to do is. . . flip-flop (Like that punk a$$ J. Kerry). You don't just "change your mind" about what you argue, you try to say w/e you think will best favor your argument at that time (change your reasons for w/e as if you came to a new view, than change them back for another topic or later argument of said topic). If anything you should just flat out say "I don't like w/e character" as your reason for not wanting them in this game because every lil argument I have with you seems to be full of contradictioning points (really shows when we argue about more than one thing at a time).
i learn stuff... i just dont show it.
Well whats the reason for not showing it? Why sit on top of soo much learning son?:p

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
Electrive/Elekible is a straight forward electric type, and I really doubt that if he had a shot as a playable, he'd be using fire punch. He seems like another pokeball character, as does Gengar ( who sadly is not as big on tongue attacks as you make him)

(rvd_fan)^^

Wrath`

Smash Master
deoxys=:item9:

This argument usally goes like this: i say somthing and oni throws some trash at me.Shady backs me up.B/light clears up the fog.F oni complanis and then kaid or b/light ends it for the day

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
2nd 0ff, Gengar is ghost/poison
Absolutely not my point right there. Gengar couldn't do much different from Mewtwo. I don't care if you change around the names of moves or whatnot, but there's nothing original. As far as I could tell, unless someone proves me wrong with specific details regarding a move-set and character design, his attacks will cause the other player to become engulfed in purple ****. Oh no Gengar might be able to stun you! For as long as Mewtwo though? [/sarcasm]

Not to sound much like an ***, but there's a fine line between ghost and psychic; especially when you choose a pokemon as powerful as Mewtwo.

Its possible, but I dobt it will happen. I love eevee and its evolutions, but that one character would be alot of work. Evee now has 7 evloutions now, jolteon, flareon, vaperon, umbreon, espeon, and now 2 more in the new generation Leafia, and Glacia.

So if eevee gets in I think it would just be best if its a random evoltuion that last for a life.
Ew. Leafia and Glacia? Seriously now... I'm becoming more and more ashamed of this franchise the more they "discover" new ones.

Well as I said, the idea was totally implausible in the first place. Just fun to toy around with.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Ew. Leafia and Glacia? Seriously now... I'm becoming more and more ashamed of this franchise the more they "discover" new ones.

Well as I said, the idea was totally implausible in the first place. Just fun to toy around with.
LoL, yeah that is thier japenese names, and honestly none of the eevee evoltions had great
japenese names in my opinion if thats what you are ashamed of.
Vaperon= Showers
Jolteon = Thunders
Flareon = Booster
Espeon = Eifie
Umbreon = Blacky
(I went to wikipedia for the names)

Yeah I don't think its going to be possible either.

And to be honest I haven't played a pokemon game since silver/gold. But I have seen pictures of the third generation and wasn't amazed by any of them honestly, and I have seen a few of the 4rth gen seems better than the third from the 5 or so that I have seen.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
f oni
n00b? Me n00b. nah.Never called you one.
ehhh... what? i dont call people nOObs because i dont like them. i call some people nOObs because its... well... obvious. you are a nOOb. it's not an illogical insult. just a fact.
Your using the same"broken logic"( as you would say)as you said I did whene i used "if hitler suported d/nite would you?It's like saying if TwoK liked it would you?
huh? i dont know what your going on about, but i just said i prefer you not supporting what i support. you scare other supporters away. im not comparing you with hitler. hitler was an evil leader. you're just an annoying noob.
Dream teams 1.are not relistical. keyword "dream"

I'll give dragqueenonite a 0.5% chance of geting in.
do you think i care about your bias opinions? you said you are against dragonite because you assume it has no chance. in that case, you should be against silver because he has no chance. you cant want a character that doesnt have a chance while saying that you are against characters that have no chance. its illogical.
This argument usally goes like this: i say somthing and oni throws some trash at me.Shady backs me up.B/light clears up the fog.F oni complanis and then kaid or b/light ends it for the day
care to point out when that has ever happened?

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Uhh...it's probably already been discussed, but I'm too lazy to read like 100 pages, so what's the deal with not being able to vote for Mankey/Primeape? They're both amazingly awesome, and obviously would owninate in a fighting game. Though Primeape is quite a bit cooler..

but yeah. answers plz.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
That's hardly an excuse... I'm sure they could think of a way to spice him up. I didn't think Jiggs would be a cool character, but Jiggs showed me and kicks ***.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
That's hardly an excuse... I'm sure they could think of a way to spice him up. I didn't think Jiggs would be a cool character, but Jiggs showed me and kicks ***.
i can't see how they could spice it up... look at primy's level up moves. an assortment of throwing moves, chopping moves, swiping moves and low kick. now lets look at jiggly's level up moves. sing, rollout, rest, hyper voice, gyro ball, mimic. which ones sound like they have potential and which ones dont?

Wrath`

Smash Master
do you think i care about your bias opinions? you said you are against dragonite because you assume it has no chance. in that case, you should be against silver because he has no chance. you cant want a character that doesnt have a chance while saying that you are against characters

I've said before and i will say it again.The "dream" in dream team means fantasy.Or in f oni words illogical choces.I've said silver dosnt have a chance.You have never said d/nite was a dream character for you so i just thought that you exspected him to have a shot at brawl.

Can you understand english?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I've said before and i will say it again.The "dream" in dream team means fantasy.Or in f oni words illogical choces.I've said silver dosnt have a chance.You have never said d/nite was a dream character for you so i just thought that you exspected him to have a shot at brawl.

Can you understand english?
please, don't try and act smart. you will just embarrase yourself...

as i've said before, you have stated that you are against Dragonite only because you don't think it has a chance. in that case, you must obviously be completely against characters that you dont think stand a chance. if you are against characters that you dont think will be in sooo badly, why is a character with a 0% chance in the list of your most wanted characters if by your logic, you should be against it?

Wrath`

Smash Master
WHAT IN THEHELL. do you not get out of th word dream????????????????????????????????DReam meaning just a charecter youd want in it but know its not going to be in there.I dont support silver,but he still cool and part of my dream team

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
WHAT IN THEHELL. do you not get out of th word dream????????????????????????????????DReam meaning just a charecter youd want in it but know its not going to be in there.I dont support silver,but he still cool and part of my dream team
dream team or not, it doesnt matter. by your logic, you can't go against dragonite because you don't think it stands a chance unless you go against every other character that doesn't stand a chance, and that includes silver. now tell me, are you against silver or are you going to stop talking BS?

gamerkid789

Smash Cadet
So here we go. We're restarting the Pokemon poll, this time with only the top vote-getters from the last poll. You may only vote for one this time, as this is the final showdown (until we restart it again :p). kaid has also organized the links to each of the Pokemon's threads on the forum, so that you can go talk directly about them if you so wish.

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Meowth
Dragonite
Charizard
Scizor
Hitmonlee (and Hitmonchan)
Cubone
Sandshrew
Pichu Bros
Eevee
Gengar

Happy voting!
why come you dont have sneasle or weevil?, they both have a better chance if not equal chance of making in brawl then some of the guys you got on here:ohwell:

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of adding deoxys. Its really unique to be able to switch forms i think. every pokemon can be added in and given a moveset, but deoxys could have like 3. or maybe he could change weight and speed dependent on what form he was in. or if he pressed like his down b right before getting hit hard he would turn defensive and go like nowhere. lots of different possibilities i think.

While having an actual "fighter" as a new pokemon would actually make sense. i don't think it's going to be amazing. It would be just like any other character. Don't get me wrong i'd rather have someone like lucario or blazikan in the game than most other pokemon though i think deoxys would be cooler.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Why so much criticism for Gengar and Electrivire?

You ask for reasons behind my choices, and I give them to you, and you still say I should stop reccomending them. There two great pokemon who I could easily in Brawl, and Electrivire has a great finisher in his ultimite move, Giga Attack.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
gengar would be awsome. it could add a completely new fighting style. i imagine it to have some sort of move where it goes into a mode (like ness's B down) where attacks that only include something solid will go right past it (solid attacks that include some sort of element like fire with falcon punch and darkness with warlock punch would be excluded). it sounds kinda broken. but i can imagine it working. everyone would have at least one move against it, and it would probably have some lag time afterwards.

electrivire? meh... the game already has enough electic type pokemon... the only thing that i can imagine it adding is a falcon punch like move...

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
gengar would be awsome. it could add a completely new fighting style. i imagine it to have some sort of move where it goes into a mode (like ness's B down) where attacks that only include something solid will go right past it (solid attacks that include some sort of element like fire with falcon punch and darkness with warlock punch would be excluded). it sounds kinda broken. but i can imagine it working. everyone would have at least one move against it, and it would probably have some lag time afterwards.

electrivire? meh... the game already has enough electic type pokemon... the only thing that i can imagine it adding is a falcon punch like move...
B-Charge Up for a powerful electric attack in your choice of direction.
Bside-Thunder Punch(faster than falcon punch but a bit weaker)
Bup-Volt Tackle(shoots upward in your choice of direction)
Bdown-Absorbs elemental attacks from other people to power up for increase power on his next attack.

Super-Giga Attack: Unleash a damaging and stunning attack all over the screen.

Black/Light

Smash Master
electrivire? meh... the game already has enough electic type pokemon... the only thing that i can imagine it adding is a falcon punch like move...[/COLOR]
. . . Your not very creative now are you? I will toss some of my creative dust on electrivire letter today (only because I actually like him to some level. . . and I can see him doing a WHOLE lot of stuff)

Wrath`

Smash Master

ALthough easeyer to imagine a clone move set,you could do better.

Thunder pch could be L,R b and just be a quick less powerfull punch.
his reg. B could be thunder bolt.
Down B could be light screen
and up B can be iron tail(yes he can learn that in the game)
He could have a leap of air and slam down for iorntail.Would be as good a 3rd jump as kirby though.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
hmm, for meh.... electrive (although i can think of way he can be used, alot of ways) still seems like the pokeball character.

oooooo, font change.....i'm fancy [/sarcasm]

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
*sigh (of relief) this thread has finally become something other than an argument between Fierce_oni and TwoK.

Electivire could easily have some cool moves, but since he really isn't that popular(I think) and since Electabuzz is cooler I have to agree w/ urban shinobi. Lucario and Blaziken still seem like the most likely choices to me. Though I would prefer a dragon type... *sigh (of despair, this time)

Top Bottom