• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

H3L105

Smash Cadet
He's a Fighting/Steel pokemon with access to psychic-type moves. I have heard his movements and abilities in the anime compared to Bleach and Naruto.
Yeah, they compared Pulse Bomb to Naruto's Rasengan. But anyways, it'd be pretty sweet if he was in it. I saw a few clips of him on YouTube, and he's a pretty sweet Pokemon. Blaziken is cool, but he's to generic. Same goes for Charizard: they're both complete evolutions of a starter pokemon. Though I think he could replace Scizor in the Pokeball though because of his fighting style.

Black/Light

Smash Master
He's a Fighting/Steel pokemon with access to psychic-type moves. I have heard his movements and abilities in the anime compared to Bleach and Naruto.
He only compares to Naruto from what I'v seen seeing as the few people in Bleach that don't use swords don't fight anything like him (Bleach is pretty fast pace in it's fighting with stuff like flash steps and what not).
The Byakugan of the Hyuga clan that Hinata and Neji use is what people are refering to when they compare him to Naruto anime/ manga. The Byakugan is used to see 360 view (Lucario and the slinging logs), see past things (Lucario's search for Mew using the pulse to find him), sees chakra and people's chakra coil system (Lucario can see Pulse/Wave in people).
They also fight with the gental fist style where they use their chakra to stop the flow of their enemy's chakra (. . .like PB but not a phy attack. PB actually seems more like Naruto's Rasingan (sp). Never seen Lucario throw a phy attack so thats as fare as that goes).
His movements are just graceful, like a ninja (thats as fare as movements go)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IcLXSBKNyDA Neji
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk0VXhs0yLU Hinata
(Im only doing this cause I like Naruto, Hinata and I like to share Vids. Lucario isn't anything compared to the Byakugan and those two Ninja. He has. . . . Byakugan watered down to be nothing more than 1/4 Byakugan compared to them. . .)

Edit- I would also like to know just what is a "generic" Pokemon to people. I here this alot now-a-days. . .

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
blaziken isn't exactly generic because it auctually has a single character of its species that is significant (may's blaziken). if you consider blaziken to be generic anyway, thats like saying pikachu is generic.

besides, pokemon break the generic rule. as long as they have a popular single version of their species, they have a chance. the only pokemon that deffinately truly aren't generic are mewtwo, kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, and only 1 of them have a chance of being a character anyway (even though it already is a character).

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
That's why I havn't been posting, except to answer questions about my favored character.
Okay then Kaid I got one for ya, you seem to understand everything that makes Lucario a good choice for Brawl and I agree, but tell me, what would be his flaw(s)?

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Why Lucario, when we could have Gengar and Electivire
Because Electivire just isn't going to happen. Gengar would be cool, but is extremely unlikely. Lucario and Blaziken are popular pokemon, while electivire is a random new pokemon. Just as deserving as any other random 4th generation pokemon.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Because Electivire just isn't going to happen. Gengar would be cool, but is extremely unlikely. Lucario and Blaziken are popular pokemon, while electivire is a random new pokemon. Just as deserving as any other random 4th generation pokemon.
Electivire was among the first confirmed for D/P, and the first of the many new evoloutions for old pokemon in D/P. Believe it or not, Electivire actually has a solid fanbase, and it's ultimate move, Giga attack would make a great finisher.

PS: I just thought of some new candidates, the Regis! Regirock, Registeel, and Regice. I think it could work.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Electivire was among the first confirmed for D/P, and the first of the many new evoloutions for old pokemon in D/P. Believe it or not, Electivire actually has a solid fanbase, and it's ultimate move, Giga attack would make a great finisher.

PS: I just thought of some new candidates, the Regis! Regirock, Registeel, and Regice. I think it could work.
your electrive,gangar shouts are getting old and repetitive.
If you like them so much give us some good reasons or a great moveset.

Regis,although cool are unlikely.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord

Lucario was revealed way before Electivire, and Weavile was the first new evolution revealed. Electivire was revealed after quite a few new pokemon had been announced though, so I wouldn't really say he was one of the first. I can't argue about his fanbase, but I have't heard that he was one of the more popular pokemon of the new generation.

As for the regi's, I think they'll follow the legendary bird's and dog's into the pokeballs IMO.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
not that, i'm tired of acutally aruging about an issue, finding out the answer, then having to put up with the same question from the same person, for no reason is idtiotic. so you pull out everything to make that person shut up, even if they wont..

i give it half a page before we have to hear abouy:

no this guy sux, but we should have electrive and gengar

again

kaid

Smash Master
I'd put Lucario's weight class and floatyness as similar to Falcos. His run might be slightly faster. His recovery, (High Jump Kick, which was Pokeball Hitmonlee in Smash 64) while powerful, would damage him when he lands, and because he is short, his punches and kicks would have limited reach

Devastlian

Smash Lord
How self damaging would the attack be?
1/8 of the damage it does. I'd say Hi Jump Kick would be like C. Falcon's up B move, where the Pokemon would jump up and, if they come within range of someone, and do an forceful looking kick (or do it anyway at the height of the jump). If they miss, they go into a prone, non-techable tumble and take damage upon coming in contact with the ground/floor.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
comon now. does it really make any difference with who was announced first? since when has that made a difference to the roster?
Sorry, but it seemed like he was arguing that one reason Electrive should get in because he was of the first pokemon revealed for the new generation. I was merely stating that there were quite a number of pokemon revealed before him, including a new evolution of an older pokemon. I wasn't suggesting that pokemon announced earlier have priority, but it does actually help their chances as they get more exposure to the public early, which means they get an established fanbase earlier (like Lucario has in a way)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I wasn't suggesting that pokemon announced earlier have priority, but it does actually help their chances as they get more exposure to the public early, which means they get an established fanbase earlier (like Lucario has in a way)
being introduced first doesn't even help with gaining fanbases anyway. when any cooler pokemon gets introduced, of course they become more popular. what do you think is more popular? buyosel or darkrai? lucario isn't popular because it is one of the first introduced 4th gen pokemon. it's popular because it starred in one of the best pokemon movies.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Lucario still has a better chance than the other cool pokemon in D/P because he's had so much more exposure though. If anything he's more recognisable to most people because he's been around longer than those like Darkrai. And you've misunderstood me, I never said that Lucario was popular because he was the of the first released, but because he was he now has an established fanbase while other pokemon in D/P don't just yet.

As for Buyosel and Darkrai I don't know, considering Pikachu and Jigglypuff were the most popular there, and now Buneary (thanks Wrath) is the most popular next gen there, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Buyosel.

Wrath`

Smash Master
being introduced first doesn't even help with gaining fanbases anyway. when any cooler pokemon gets introduced, of course they become more popular. what do you think is more popular? buyosel or darkrai? lucario isn't popular because it is one of the first introduced 4th gen pokemon. it's popular because it starred in one of the best pokemon movies.
Fan bases are always changing.The dude who makes brawl could of made a charachter we dont know about when he was popular and still keep it even tho it's not popular anymore.
So there might be a pokemon that is unexspected because it was once popular,but became unpopular during game development.

Darkrai over buziel(buziel being the english name.)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
some pokemon don't even need any exposure to be cooler than other pokemon. some pokemon don't need time to establish a fanbase because they gather fans with their looks alone.
darkrai is more popular than buyosel. buyosel occasianally got a meh even though it was one of the first exposed pokemon, but darkai is the pokemon getting everyone saying "OMG THAT POKEMON IS SOOO BADASSE!" the first time they see it even though its currently meant to be a secret pokemon.

lucario wouldn't nearly have as much fanbase it has now if it didn't star in the movie it was in. why do you think deoxys has the fanbase it has now even though it was exposed so late? because of its movie.....

Wrath`

Smash Master
Mewtwo was also movie popular too.Do you think they will replace him with lucario the new popular movie pokemon?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I personally am getting really sick of event pokemon. I understand why Nintendo does it but it's really annoying knowing that there'll be a pokemon I won't ever be able to get >.<

I know Lucario's had a movie and I know that's added a lot to his popularity, but that movie took place while still in the Hoenn saga in the anime, and as such has given Lucario a lot of exposure even in the west where the D/P games haven't been released yet. Yes, some pokemon don't need earlier exposure to be popular, but it doesn't hurt to get some earlier exposure.

And I doubt Mewtwo will be replaced. He's really the only pokemon besides Pikachu that has any significance in the franchise.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I've heard this before but I'm going to say it (have no idea what can make a difference) but why does everything need to be replaced? ( I just popped a brain cell or something.... uh ..... )
I'm sitting right next to you dont make me punch you.Not everything has to be replaced.Just the crap.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
what? crap doesn't need to be replaced, because all you're doing then is adding more crap. you know what you do with crap? you get rid of it. thats all.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Why is everyone so against Gengar and electivire? If you look back I've given many reasons for my thoughts and people keep bugging me about it

(PS: I will admit I forgot about Weavile, but that's it. Still think the Regis would be awesome.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
EVERYONE LOVES THOSE POKEMON, WE JUST DONT LIKE TO BE REMINDED OF PAST ARGUEMENTS FOR N OAPPERENT REASON......if we all are on one subject, dont bring up old boring news. it is just stupid

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
that's the problem, you dont read what i say.......

i've repeated it over and over again and you dont take it any way, but instead come again and again with the same post.

It's "Giga Attack" can also be learned by other pokemon, Some the first pokemon confirmde for D/P were actually Lucario, Munchlax, and such. Electivire would not be in as a playable, and would have more of chance in a pokeball, no offenseto the pokemon.

Gengar is a pokemon we all lwould like to see in this, but he may not be in. I think (guessing) that the poepl in brawl are moving on to a newer gen, with the newer console. Dont foget about him, just dont get your hopes up.

people have been repling to your thoughts, and you dont even awkknowldge. Try actually reading old posts to get caught up to us man.

Top Bottom