• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PokeCenter Tournament Discussions - NOT A ****ING QUEUE

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Holy ****, thanks Cease for showing me this. I've been so busy/tired this week, I haven't noticed

Yes I will still continue with my 9000 tourney. I even have my prizes set and everything. You guys'll have to wait till I reach 9001 till it happens though. Can you wait?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh, I should mention that I talked with Riddle.

Yeah, he's waaaay too busy to do any of this.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
For all tournament holders in line (all after IceArrow's) keep in mind the inconsistency of our players when hosting tournaments, so having something where all participants need to have been active (can be restricted to just PokeCenter) for over a week before allowing them to participate.

Thank you,
-Terywj-

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, it looks like those tourneys will definitely be done by the time I get to 9001, no thanks to Chill thank you, so yay

Also, what's happened to the weekend tourneys? I'll be happy to host them if you guys don't have anyone to host them

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just a thought but what do you guys think of an OU B/W metagame tourney? A tournament with the new metagame after it has been out for a week or two.

I think it would be pretty fun and could have the potential to have a lot of participants, but that's just an idea.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Just a thought but what do you guys think of an OU B/W metagame tourney? A tournament with the new metagame after it has been out for a week or two.

I think it would be pretty fun and could have the potential to have a lot of participants, but that's just an idea.
You'd have to develop the border between "the potential to have a lot of participants" and "the potential to have a lot of participants who then don't show up for the tournament".

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
we'd need to have B/W in shoddy too because smashers are too lazy to transition to PO.

inb4 shoddy2

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You'd have to develop the border between "the potential to have a lot of participants" and "the potential to have a lot of participants who then don't show up for the tournament".
Honestly the lack of participants in these recent tournaments, as well as the fact that the BOTW thread is no more, is because everyone is pretty much tired of the DPP metagame. We're ready for something new.

When the new metagame comes out the amount of activity in the Battle Tower will substantially increase. Plus this would be a bigger event than the average tourney... Our very first B/W tourney. So if the host advertised it enough, I'm sure it could potentially become an event nobody would want to miss. Sorta how BOTW was when it first started.

/my2cents

TFS

Smash Rookie
I actually really like the D/P metagame(s) but I agree that people might be getting bored of them.

That being said, what would the rules for the B/W tourney even be?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, might as well cancel my tourney since ulti ruined it bumping my post count 700 up

Sorry guys no 1000 Wii Points / years worth of premium to you!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Alright, so I'm bumping this to get stuff across.

- With the delay of Generation V, you can choose to drop your tournament off the hosting list.
- Since Generation V hit, tiers have obviously been overhauled. That said, future listed hosters can choose to again, either remove the tournament all-together until a later time or keep it as such. You could also make it a Generation IV tournament but I don't really know about that.
- Challenge Cup / other specified tournaments (like non-Ubers, mono-Gen., etc.) are not affected by the absence of tier lists so those may be performed at whatever Generation the hoster wishes.

I'll also update this into the OP if anyone cares.

Thanks.

M.K

Level 55
I'm gonna go ahead and desticky this in favor of some of new "hot topic" threads for the current metagame.
If this picks up in activity at all, and we have use for it in the future, I'll resticky it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I was going to do a Gen V Ubers Cup starting sometime in the middle of December, but I don't want it to get in the way of NattoRoast. I'll wait until that's in a few rounds and 90% of the players have flaked out.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I don't think people will flake because this is the very first Gen V anything that's official that we've done.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Oh, the suspense.

I can't wait to see who will actually be right. It really could go either way. /more non-sarcasm

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well then I'll take the middle ground and say about 40-50% will flake out.

Does anyone want 25 and 75?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I need a list of people who flaked out in NattoRoast 1.

I mean, you know, before it got reset.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I need a list of people who flaked out in NattoRoast 1.

I mean, you know, before it got reset.
If by flaked out, you mean that they didn't complete their matches - ChiboSempai, IceArrow, Angel something whatever, and Zef.

What's the name of your tournament again so I can add it to the cue.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
SWF Ubers Cup 2

And I mean the people who didn't show up for their matches and didn't give any notification for why they didn't.

Top Bottom