• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PokeCenter Tournament Discussions - NOT A ****ING QUEUE

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wave, now you're just being an *******. Even if he didn't know where his library was or it had been blown up or his town outlawed reading or something, he could still have gone to a friend's house (assuming he does have friends) and used their computer for all of the 5 minutes it would take to say "****'s wack, yo, I'm peacing out mah *****s".

I never knew Majority and IceArrow were brothers.
Neither did I.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know I find it a really convenient coincidence that Gates hosts AND participates in a tourney and decided to add Riddle to the blacklist for a reason I can't even confirm at this point.

Then the irony hits, Riddle's computer fried a few days back SO HE COULDN'T SIGN UP ANYWAYS.

Oh man that world though,

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I figured someone might point that out...I was just as surprised as anyone that Riddle failed to play his match and I am disappointed that he had to be blacklisted because of it. This isn't some diabolical plan by me to ensure that I win the tourney. Riddle's a good player and if I lost to him there would be no salt.

I'm pretty sure I could beat Riddle even if he did enter the tourney though. AFAIK, he hasn't played DW Ubers. Like, at all. I know how it looks, but trust me, this is just happenstance.

Also, what "crazy ****" happens in Riddle's life? He's a ****ing 15 year old kid from upstate New York, what's the worst that could happen? His parents grounded him?

Besides, there's a loophole in the system that I told him about anyway, so he could easily exploit that if he wanted to and was careful enough about it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The loophole in the system is where people other than you host tournies and ignore the fact riddle's on the list anyways and just let him sign up.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've already demonstrated how much I care about the tournament "queue".

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Cease Tick, IceArrow, Terywj, Fuelbi, Smugleaf, Majority, Wrath', and Riddle should all be on the Blacklist for failing to complete my UU tourney.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
We're only counting Gen V tournies so far because everything else is too old to matter.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why is gen V is cutoff? That's pretty arbitrary. Miss a match? No johns.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It doesn't even matter because the last tourney we had is BARELY over 3 months old.

Gen V is the cutoff merely because there are no other tournies within the timeframe.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If we did that there wouldn't even be enough people left to even make a 4-man bracket happen for the next 6 months due to how terrible other tournies went off.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Cease Tick, IceArrow, Terywj, Fuelbi, Smugleaf, Majority, Wrath', and Riddle should all be on the Blacklist for failing to complete my UU tourney.
Who is that Fuelbi? I don't see any Fuelbi :p

And man, blacklisting half the PC is stupid as hell and that tourney is old as **** so why would it matter anyways?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well, if the TO doesn't check on how his tournament is doing and encourage its entrants to keep playing their matches...

Why is gen V is cutoff? That's pretty arbitrary. Miss a match? No johns.
It's pretty much because we didn't think to have a blacklist before the first NattoRoast got scrapped. I don't want to have to go back and retroactively ban people and it's too much work.

Would YOU like to go through every tournament the PC has ever had and keep track of it? If so, feel free.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I don't understand why I'm blacklisted. In the Uber Cup thread you (Gates) say "In the interest of fairness, if a match is not completed, both players will be disqualified but only players who did not give any warning will be blacklisted. The other player will not be blacklisted." The match I missed, I gave a full warning for, and Wrath` and I were trying to get our match done every single day. I VMed him over 10 times, sent him PMs, and even downloaded AIM so I could get a hold of him. The point is that I tried very hard to complete my match, and I don't think it's fair to blacklist someone like me who will actually play all of my matches (this was the first time I ever messed up).

Wrath`

Smash Master
I will back Moozle up on what happened during round one of NROAOF v1. we were both evenly at fault for that.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How about this blacklist:

Yoshididdy
Zed

You're just being thick skulled if you say otherwise.

What if my house burns down so I miss my match, and I come back like a month or two later and see myself blacklisted? According to Gates, there'd be no excuse for me to get off the list because I should've gone to the ****ing library to tell you guys I missed my match.

I swear to god Gates you have no heart.

Riddle

Smash Lord
You cannot blacklist me for your UU tourney IceArrow. I sent FIVE PMs to my opponent and he did not cooperate with me to set up a date. The one day we got a time to work I was in the HOSPITAL all day.

I'm fine with being blacklisted from this Ubers tourney (I wasn't going to sign up anyway lol), but its just not fair to blacklist me further for a match I tried as hard as humanly possible to complete.

Btw, I appreciate the support Ulti, but I def should be blacklisted for failing to complete my NROAOF match. I had the ability to do that match and I just forgot =/. And I definitely would've beaten you in the Ubers tourney Gates.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Btw that reminds me, what if it was a crappily run tourney where we get like half the people not playing like in the UU tourney?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Gates already confirmed that if it's a problem caused by the TO nobody would be blacklisted.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why do I ****ing care about this.

A Blacklist is just a recommendation anyways. Anyone that doesn't want to ban certain people won't regardless of an "official" blacklist.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand why I'm blacklisted. In the Uber Cup thread you (Gates) say "In the interest of fairness, if a match is not completed, both players will be disqualified but only players who did not give any warning will be blacklisted. The other player will not be blacklisted."
The rules I made for MY tournament have no bearing on the rules that were made for Wave's tournament.

But you know what, you're totally right. You did give ample warning that you weren't going to complete your match and I skimmed over it. This was totally my fault and I'll go back and fix it. Feel free to enter Ubers Cup II if you want.

I swear to god Gates you have no heart.
NOPE.

Also, if you get PUT IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A MONTH, I think that a POKEMON TOURNEY ON THE INTERNET is the LAST thing you should worry about.

Why do I ****ing care about this.
Because you like complaining for the sake of complaining.

So this is now pretty much now Gates's blacklist.
Considering that I'm the only one who's being reasonable about this and that I basically had to start from scratch to write it, yeah I guess you could say it is.

If you mean, it's my personal list of people who I hate in the PC you're completely wrong because then Tery, Ulti, and Chibo would be on it.

ss118

Smash Master
I want to claim to hold a spot for a tournament.

What kind of tourney? I'll just say "two point five" for now, and you guys will see later. ;)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Blacklists are flexible. People will only blacklist people they feel like blacklisting, seeing as one is merely a recommendation.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I want to claim to hold a spot for a tournament.

What kind of tourney? I'll just say "two point five" for now, and you guys will see later. ;)
Clearly, you're going to subject us all to the hell of 2nd Gen under 3rd Gen mechanics again.

Top Bottom