• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PokeCenter Tournament Discussions - NOT A ****ING QUEUE

Moozle

Smash Champion
Gates where is the best place to practice/play in the uber tier? I want to at least figure out the metagame a little bit before your tourney.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Double post and all, but I just wanted to bump this thread and remind everyone to keep the tourney blacklist thread updated here.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Double post and all, but I just wanted to bump this thread and remind everyone to keep the tourney blacklist thread updated here.
doesn't that responsibility primarily fall on you since you're the most likely to host the next tournament? any official blacklist will probably come from the list you use for your ubers tourney, but if you let your opinions make the list the entire damn pc would be blacklisted :awesome:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
1. The responsibility does not fall on me because NattoRoast is still going on and that's Wave's tourney.

2. Even if it were my responsibility, I've been banned for the past week or so which means that I have no reason to go to this site. And since I haven't gone to the site, I haven't been checking round 2 of NattoRoast to see who's been playing their matches and who got DQ'd for inactivity and who made out with who etc. I basically have no idea what's going on in that tourney right now and the only times I'll check it is to see if they're in Loser's Semifinals so that I can start Ubers Cup 2 signups like I promised. There's no way I can keep track of who did what where when how why in that tourney.

3. Opinions...what? I'm talking about the blacklist of people who didn't show for matches and didn't give any reason to show.

4. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11954158&postcount=16030

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
1. The responsibility does not fall on me because NattoRoast is still going on and that's Wave's tourney.

2. Even if it were my responsibility, I've been banned for the past week or so which means that I have no reason to go to this site. And since I haven't gone to the site, I haven't been checking round 2 of NattoRoast to see who's been playing their matches and who got DQ'd for inactivity and who made out with who etc. I basically have no idea what's going on in that tourney right now and the only times I'll check it is to see if they're in Loser's Semifinals so that I can start Ubers Cup 2 signups like I promised. There's no way I can keep track of who did what where when how why in that tourney.

3. Opinions...what? I'm talking about the blacklist of people who didn't show for matches and didn't give any reason to show.

4. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11954158&postcount=16030
1: I kinda didn't really say what I meant, I more meant that you'd have to double check the new blacklist Wave puts up.

2: True.

3: I know you dislike a few of us on here, and I figured you were on your way out of this forum, so...saltiness. That's all I meant.

4: :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'll definitely double check with Wave's list, if he makes one.

And if I wanted to have a bitter, angry, salty goodbye on the forum I'd just goatse you all or not hold Ubers Cup 2 at all.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I have to make a list? I mean, uh, yeah, that list will be posted when it is completed.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Update the tourney blacklist. Ubers Cup II signups won't start until that list is updated.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
He means 'make one, or i won't run the tourney, *****'
If he won't then I will (not run an Ubers tourney). He should have a general grasp of who sits like a piece of **** during tournament matches anyway. Besides, nobody actually assigned the creation of a blacklist on anyone.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OH I'M SORRY TERY I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WAS LIKE ****ING SCHOOL AND I HAD TO ASSIGN THINGS TO PEOPLE.

Just get it done.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
OH I'M SORRY TERY I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WAS LIKE ****ING SCHOOL AND I HAD TO ASSIGN THINGS TO PEOPLE.

Just get it done.
Oh I'm sorry, but why the hell would I be making the blacklist if you're the ****er who's complaining about it? What's stopping you from getting it done yourself? Laziness?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wave and I have decided only one person needs to be placed on a blacklist at this current point in time: Yoshiddy.

Thank you for your time. Gates, just let me VM you next time.

Edit - Also, requesting a sticky.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Seriously?

There's no way that's the only person who missed their match. I'm going to go eat and then double check myself.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Seriously?

There's no way that's the only person who missed their match. I'm going to go eat and then double check myself.
We only looked through NROAOF. There's no real need to go back and lookup my tournaments and etc. since those are from too long ago.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There's been more than one person who missed a match in NROAOF. I went for people (person) who either habitually missed matches or showed extreme lack of activity.

I'll look through past tournaments. I would PM you, Gates, for your opinions, but nope.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'll look through past tournaments.
Why? There's nothing important there.

Anyway, here's my complete version of the Blacklist.

SWF POKECENTER TOURNAMENT BLACKLIST

The purpose of this blacklist is to punish those who do not complete their matched in PokeCenter tournaments and do not give warning for doing so. If you miss a match and are not accountable for it, you WILL be blacklisted. It doesn't matter if you are a well known and respected member of the PokeCenter, if you apologize for missing your match afterwards, or if you are a girl with large breasts. IF YOU MISS A TOURNAMENT MATCH AND ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR IT, YOU WILL BE BLACKLISTED.

Forfeiting a match will not result in a blacklist.

Completing a match a reasonable amount of time after the deadline (within approximately 3 to 5 days) will not result in a blacklist if both players have agreed to it and the tournament organizer has been made aware of it.

PokeCenter tournament organizers will be held responsible for updating the blacklist for their tournaments.

The following persons are banned from entry into any SWF tournament for inactivity in tournaments. Their ban shall be lifted 6 months after the tournament which they were banned from ends. If they have been blacklisted 3 or more times before, they shall be permanently blacklisted and thus banned from entry into any PokeCenter tournament for all time.

Permanent ban from tournaments due to inactivity:

Banned for inactivity during Nattorei Roasting on an Open Fire v0.5 (unbanned on 6/11/2011):
Zed
IceArrow

Banned for inactivity during Nattorei Roasting on an Open Fire v1 (unbanned on TBD/2011):
Moozle
Riddle
yoshididdy

Banned for inactivity during SWF Ubers Cup II (unbanned on TBD/2011):

Tournament Organizers MUST copy this blacklist into the original post of their tournament thread if they wish for the tournament to begin.

So after reviewing the NattoRoast thread, I found 3 people to be blacklisted: Moozle, Riddle, and yoshididdy. Are there any I'm missing?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. That seems a bit harsh.

2. This can't be required unless a mod or admin says so.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I can vouch for Riddle when it comes to random **** life throws at him.

He'd have no way of knowing that he wouldn't be able to make those matches, nor any way to actually make them even if he tried. Take him off the blacklist.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
1. That seems a bit harsh.
I think it's very reasonable. Why would you say it's harsh.

I can vouch for Riddle when it comes to random **** life throws at him.

He'd have no way of knowing that he wouldn't be able to make those matches, nor any way to actually make them even if he tried. Take him off the blacklist.

I don't want to blacklist Riddle either, but he done ****ed up this time. I even talked to him about it afterwards and he said that the main reason why he forgot to check his PMs and VMs was because he was too busy ****ing around with his Mafia alts.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't think 6 months is really necessary, Gates. Maybe 2? We don't even host tournaments all too often, so it's almost equivalent to missing out on another tournament.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Our tournaments take 2 months to run and almost never overlap, so there's no point in having a blacklist at all if you reduce it to 2 months. The whole point of the blacklist is to punish people who miss out on tournaments by barring them from entry into other tournaments. What did you think it was for?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Are you really banning people for multiple months just for missing a match or two from a single event? This is absolutely ridiculous. Do you think police throw every first offender of menial crimes in jail? Hell no.

Sometimes stuff happens, I would only go so far of a banning after three problems, possibly 2 consecutive.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
idk Chibo, do you think making someone restart an entire tournament that was already two rounds in because they didn't use a 16 person bracket is fair?

I'm sorry, but I think after that you've lost all rights to critique how people in the PC run tournaments.

You guys say "**** happens" but how ****ing hard is it to make a post that says "I can't make it to my match, I forfeit" to avoid getting blacklisted? In this day and age where there are computers everywhere, that doesn't seem unreasonable to me at all.

Hell, near the end of Ubers Cup I, my computer all but died on me and I had to take it in for repair. I knew I wasn't going to be able to finish my match, so I went to my local library, got on a computer there, signed on to SWF, and told them that I was very sorry, but I didn't know when I would be able to play my match, and that I would have to forfeit.

Here's the post in question:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10738161&postcount=163

Is it so unreasonable for people to do that? Can we not hold people accountable to have the common courtesy to do things like this? If so, maybe I shouldn't run Ubers Cup II at all.

You guys say "we don't want to be unfair" but it seems like what you really mean is "we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings". Grow up. We're all adults or nearly adults here, we can or should be able to handle the responsibility of getting our matches done. If we can't, then we should be punished for not being able to.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well again, tourneys last more than a month and almost never overlap, so that's really not much of a punishment at all.

I like the cumulative idea though. Maybe we could incorporate that somehow.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I still think 2 months isn't long enough, even if it is cumulative.

Maybe 3 months cumulative and no permanent blacklist? ie. First offense = 3 months, second offense = 6 months, 3rd offense = 9 months, etc.?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Stickied as per request.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I agree, IceArrow should give us prior knowledge of when he plans on downloading a virus.
See:
You guys say "**** happens" but how ****ing hard is it to make a post that says "I can't make it to my match, I forfeit" to avoid getting blacklisted? In this day and age where there are computers everywhere, that doesn't seem unreasonable to me at all.

Hell, near the end of Ubers Cup I, my computer all but died on me and I had to take it in for repair. I knew I wasn't going to be able to finish my match, so I went to my local library, got on a computer there, signed on to SWF, and told them that I was very sorry, but I didn't know when I would be able to play my match, and that I would have to forfeit.

Here's the post in question:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10738161&postcount=163

Is it so unreasonable for people to do that? Can we not hold people accountable to have the common courtesy to do things like this? If so, maybe I shouldn't run Ubers Cup II at all.

You guys say "we don't want to be unfair" but it seems like what you really mean is "we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings". Grow up. We're all adults or nearly adults here, we can or should be able to handle the responsibility of getting our matches done. If we can't, then we should be punished for not being able to.
Also, I'm okay with 3 months and stackable.
ok, let's do that then.

Top Bottom