• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I'm a complete n00b at team building... Tips? And don't just tell me to stick a whole bunch of OUs on a team and bang my head on the keyboard. What are some of the things I should take into consideration?

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I beat Palmer, I figured out that I can solo him with Gyarados as long as he doesn't start off with Milotic. If he does, I can easily just switch to Torterra. Plus if that doesn't work, I caught a Lanturn that can just decimate his team with Ice Beam, Thunder, Surf, and Rain Dance.

Now I want to know, if you have a Focus Sash and are saved by it, then you recover all of your HP, will the Focus Sash save you again?

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
I used Infernape, Salamance, Electrivire.

I used electrivire to kill milotic (got lucky and she missed hydro pump twice).
Then I used infernape to crush rhy (he was stupid and repeatedly used ice____)
Then I finished dragonite with a meteor and dragon claw.

That's how I did it.

-:bowser:Bowser King
Haha, his milotic put my gengar to sleep, I was one 28 hp, then I woke up, and put it to sleep, then got a crit dream eater.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
well Aerodactyl is a good choice as a lead coming in to the battle with palmer. with neutral speed nature and no spped evs it out runs all his pokes. having thunder fang/EQ/stone edge/ roost? with expert belt i can ohko dragonite and 2hko the other two with adamant and 252 evs into atk.

the other 2 pokemon can be fast sweepers incase Aerodactyl gets beat. ima try beating palmer with a lead Aerodactyl to test this.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Some of the time, my questions are just fillers to bump up the thread from extinction, which is why I ask so many questions that are left unanswered. If that wasn't the answer you were looking for...
Pokemon Special is a manga series published only in Japan(OK, so they have 1 volume in America, big whoop) and depicts a world with a less kiddy atmosphere than the games and anime. Dragonguard scanlations is a team who translates the manga and then replaces the japanese text with the english text. I found a site where their work is posted, but there are only 78 chapters out of the current 319. I'm asking if anyone knows where I can find the rest of thier work on this series.
Also, why is there a space where my other "p" should be? And where'd my 8 go?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I'm looking for a female eevee. I'm not into competitive battling so I don't really care for its nature.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
This is a very simple question, though it's a tough decision for me:

Which Pokemon game should I get from the newer generations? (e.i. Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Emerald).

I really would like to play them all but unfortunetly I don't have the time to play them all, I just want the best version, thanks in advance.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Emerald and/or FireRed and/or LeafGreen

Wait for Platinum.

If you still care Platypus:
Twinneedle can poison when it breaks a sub(I think).
Jacoba and Rowap Berries give 12.5 damage.

OmegaXXII

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about FireRed/LeafGreen, I'm totally going to get those instead as seeing that the 1st generation is my favorite.

Platinum hey, hmm.. is Platinum part of a trio like Crystal was to Gold/Silver?

OmegaXXII

Um.....

Thank you.... :)

but why a such a big hype over it if it's basically like Diamond /Emerald?

wait... don't tell me, it has big significant extras right?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Um.....

Thank you.... :)

but why a such a big hype over it if it's basically like Diamond /Emerald?

wait... don't tell me, it has big significant extras right?
AMAZING significan't extras, I think the Platinum thread is on page 2 just look there

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Are any of these Pokemon useful for the Elite 4 on Leaf Green?
Raichu
Magmar
Omastar
Hitmonlee
Victreebell
Dragonite
Tauros
Primape

It's just that I'm having trouble beating them, and I have one slot that I never keep the same, because they all seem to have some weakness, or don't work well with the other 5 in my team. My team being Venusaur, Dodrio, Graverler, Snorlax (who I don't really like), and Vaporeon.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Tauros, Primape, and Hitmonlee have no chance. except for steelix on the second time. Victreebel and Mamgar are good for the bug/grass (i forget). Omstar with a good moveset is very well rounded. Dragonite works for the dragon. Raichu is also well rounded with a good move-set

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
The attacking Pokemon will recieve 12.5% damage. EX: Jigglypuff is holding a Rowap Berry and Pikachu uses thunderbolt. Let's just say Pikachu has 100HP and Jigglypuff's is 250. After the move is successful, it deals 125 damage. Afterwards, Jigglypuff's Rowap berry will make Pikachu lose 12-13 HP rathar than 10 HP which is 12.5% of the attack or 20 HP which is 12.5% of Jigglypuff's health. Hope this clarifies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Thank you for the info Zrky :) I beat it on my first time thankfully.
I didn't have a Dragonite, I had a Dratini that I was gonna evolve, so I got it to level 36, so it was a Dragonair, then decided to give it experience share so that it would level up quicker. I only used it once when the rest had died, and that was to revive Venusaur.
I replaced Snorlax with Raichu, who I only really used against Lance and the Champion, but he made my battle against the champ easy (except for Exeggutor and his sleep powder, sleep powder, egg bomb, full restore, sleep powder combo XD)

One more question=
If I breed my Vaporeon with a Ditto, can I get an Eevee egg?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Yes. Any Pokemon that can breed and breed with ditto will usually get an egg of its lowest form. The only exceptions are Nidorina, Nidorino, Nidoking, Nidoqueen(Can't breed), and Pokemon that use incenses(ex: roselia and budew).

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Why do the legendary pokemon only appear once I mean we end up getting loads of them anyway? and how do you get that picture next to that smash ball

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Because the are usually overpowered, so having a team of them is unfair. However, I'm sure you can copy your save on Pokemon Colosseum to another memory card to duplicate Entei's and Raikou's etc. etc, but I'm not sure if that will work when you trade to the GBA games.

To get that picture, go to your profile options, and one of the things should be "Favourite characters" or something. Pick who you like, and their face will appear.

Feben

Smash Cadet
What do you mean Jigglypuff8? You can't do natural gift without berry... are you sure you had the right attack in mind? The ability says you have to consume an item, so... do you consume a berry when you do natural gift?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough before :p. I was just clarifying some details about unburden in that post. Natural gift is only for a one time use(so why give it 20 PP?) when holding a berry. When the attack is used, no extra bonuses are given. EX: If I have 290 out of 300 HP left, and I use natural gift while holding an oran berry, I won't recover 10 HP. In the case of Drifblim with unburden, afterwards, its speed will be doubled. If you would still like this to be clarified more, please continue over PMs or VMs(Visitor Messages; trying to make this catch on ;))

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Oh no and by the way I meant like I just transfer from my emerald I have like 3 boxes full of 1,2,3 gen legends and 2 of each DPP legend besides Palkia and Dialga(one of each and I don't have shaymin or arceus either but still I have so many. By making it a one time thing they are just making me wait a little bit longer to get

Kantō

Smash Champion
lookin for
Vulpix
Kangeskan
Tauros
Staryu

Don't have much cuZ I just started my game over just wonderin if any one had these at low levels that don't need them or have spare ones thanks

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I have FR and it's great and i can trade with Coloseum* However you spell it* and now it's broke. Now my friend has Ruby and i burrowed it from him, and i was gonna make a new game because i never played it before. But he wants his pokemon still.

The problem is i have no idea where he is in the game. And i need to know how to trade, or what i have to do to trade rather. He has 8 badges the works, but my FR and Ruby can't trade with each other. Can anyone tell me what i have to do. Also I'm using a cable not wireless.

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
Yes. Any Pokemon that can breed and breed with ditto will usually get an egg of its lowest form. The only exceptions are Nidorina, Nidorino, Nidoking, Nidoqueen(Can't breed), and Pokemon that use incenses(ex: roselia and budew).
Yeah that always bugged me. I sold all my insences because i saw them as pointless, i shortly thereafter found my old Pkmn GBA game and migrated over a Snorlax for an easy munchlax (i had ditto) So after about 5,000 odd steps the egg hatched and out came a level 1 snorlax. I was laughing at disbelief, and then went onto the internet to find out what was going on. I then found i needed the Full Incense. I cried. :chuckle:

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I have FR and it's great and i can trade with Coloseum* However you spell it* and now it's broke. Now my friend has Ruby and i burrowed it from him, and i was gonna make a new game because i never played it before. But he wants his pokemon still.

The problem is i have no idea where he is in the game. And i need to know how to trade, or what i have to do to trade rather. He has 8 badges the works, but my FR and Ruby can't trade with each other. Can anyone tell me what i have to do. Also I'm using a cable not wireless.
If I understand what you are saying, you have to go on the Sevii Islands sidequest to fix the network machine in your FireRed before you can trade with R/S/E. If I recall correctly, talk to Bill's friend on One Island(Celio?) who will present you with a quest to finish his network machine. Then, you have to go to Mt. Ember where you'll find Team Rocket and a new cave. Beat the grunts and travel through the cave until you find this room with a whole lot of dots(braille). In the following room, you'll find this red thing on a pedestal. It's a ruby. Take it and give it to Bill's friend who will then upgrade your Tri-pass to a Rainbow pass. Then you go on your quest to find the sapphire. I won't spoil the rest for you if you haven't gotten this far. Only hints I'll give are "Cut the Door" and "The hole order is: Up, left, right, down."

If this is not what you are looking for, please specify.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Wow i never specified my last paragraph, i apologize for that, i finished my Fire Red stuff, and it took me forever to realize the brine writing, actually i needed the help book for it. I kinda went to the mountain and tried to piece the things together but it didn't work well for me.

Anywayz I needed to know how to trade with my Ruby, my Ruby will not trade with my Fire red. I just go to the place where it says please wait and i never enter the room to trade. I don't know what to do. Like i said he has 8 eights and beat the elite 4, and I'm using a wired cable if that helps. Thanks for the help anywayz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom