• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If you've done the Network Machine sidequest then you should be fine. You should be able to use Celio's machine on the 1st Island.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
No there is nothing wrong with my Fire Red. My Fire Red is good, I've done everything needed for my Fire Red to Trade with other games. My Ruby won't trade, what do i need to do for my ruby to trade with other games?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Future sight's damage calculations are done at the moment it is used. Example: Pokemon A has 130 sp. atk and Pokemon B has 10 sp. def. Pokemon A uses Future sight and I switch out to Pokemon C which has 230 sp. def. Whatever the damage calculations between a 130 sp. atk vs. a 10 sp. def are will take place rather than the damage calculations between a 130 sp. atk and a 230 sp. def.

Need more clarifying?

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Is there a way to see how many EVs you have invested in your Pokémon aside from tracking it yourself?
How does the box trick works?

karthik_king

Smash Ace
where you give a pokemon 4 evs then put it into your poke pc(Bebe's Bills whatever) Then you take it out and do it again only way to train level 100 in evs

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
The Box trick is a method in the Pokémon games that allows a Pokémon to gain effort points without necessarily leveling up in the process. This method is most useful when training a Pokémon that is already at level 100.

Usually, a Pokémon gains stat points when they level up, based on the amount of effort points that the Pokémon has acquired through battle, and based on its own base stats. But by depositing a Pokémon into the PC and withdrawing it, the game will, in the process of depositing/withdrawing, recalculate the stats of the deposited Pokémon based on the amount of effort points etc. it possesses. The reason it does this is because while in the box the actual stat values are not stored, so they must be calculated when taken out or viewed.

A Level 100 Pokémon in Generation III and IV is unable to gain effort points, so this trick cannot be used to increase a Level 100 Pokémon's stats anymore.

In Generation III, the effort value structure, like many other things, was overhauled completely. A Pokémon now could not have an effectively infinite amount of training, but was limited to 510 effort points total, with 255 effort points being the maximum for an individual stat. This means that two stats could be maxed out (with 252 being the highest number evenly divisible by four), while another stat could get one more point. The box trick could still be performed, but only on Pokémon up to level 99. Level 100 Pokémon were unable to receive any effort values from battling no matter what. The vitamins of the previous two generations would also not merely add stat points, but instead added 10 effort points to a specific stat, and could not be used if the specific stat was at or above 100 effort points, or the total effort points amounted to 510 or more. Likewise, the Special Attack and Special Defense stats were finally split, and Zinc was introduced so as to give the Special Defense stat a vitamin enhancement.
A held item, the Macho Brace, was also introduced; it would double the amount of effort points gained in battle, providing for faster training. Utilized with the Pokérus, which makes a return, it provides four times the amount of effort points per Pokémon.

From Bulbapedia ;3

But I don't understand how it works, how do i know if it worked?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net, http://serebii.net ,http://smogon.com, experience, and also I'm asian if that counts for anything :).

To test if the box trick worked, first use a stat reducing berry that on a Pokemon that you know has EVs in that respective stat. Nah, let's do a demo instead. Say I have a lv. 99 Blissey that has 252 EVs in HP and it's HP at lv. 99 with 252 EVs is 709. If I were to use Pomeg Berries on it(HP reducing stat berry) until it couldn't go down anymore, it's HP stat would be 646. Then, I put EVs into HP by battling Whismur or whatever you prefer while keeping track of them. Than I deposit my Blissey into the box, take the amount of EVs I gained and divinding them by 4 while ignoring the remainder, and adding them to Blissey's lv. 99 0 HP stat total. If I gained 248 EVs, my Blissey's HP stat should read 708. If I gained 153 EVs,
that's 2, carry the 4...
my Blissey's HP stat should read after depositing 684.

Need Clarifying?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
being asian counts for EVERYTHING:p
im half from the American continent and half European so there is a reason I don't know this stuff:)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
since im not sure what your asking, ill just ask my self. What moves do you have on gengar, because that affects the pokemon that you would want with him.

and for move sets you can (at the moment) look at the strategy dex on smogon.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Bronzong-You have to get Bronzong Speed as slow as possible for this to work(Somewhere in the 60's are good)
252 HP 216 SpDef 40 Def
@Leftovers
Gyro Ball
Trick Room
Stealth Rock
Earthquake

Rhyperior
Life Orb
Solid Rock
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Rock Polish
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Megahorn

Oh zrky he already made a thread about this but it died it called Need Advice look some where around the bottom of the middle

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Can Pokemon get different designs for the Effort Ribbon?
Is there a way to accurately know all my Pokémon IVs?

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
No effort ribbon designs.
Then why my Gardevoirs have blue ribbons when my other Pokemons have the normal circle one ;_;

Well you see, I have 2 Gardevoirs, 1 from XD and 1 from Emerald

The XD one has a modest Nature with maxed EVs, the Emerald one has a Timid nature with maxed EVs.
I also have Swampert (Emerald), Houndoom (XD), Latios (Emerald), Starmie (XD) , Tyranitar (XD), Ampharos (Emerald) and Espeon (XD) with maxed EVs.

SO I go to Slateport City for my Effort Ribbon with the woman at the market.

All the above Pokemón coming from Emerald receive the Effort Ribbon with a frase that goes like this including my Emerald Gardevoir(as all of you should already know) : "Your *insert Pokemon here* went for it stupendously!, please give it this ribbon as a reward".

So i check the team i just traded and all of them had the normal effort ribbon except Gardevoir, she had a sort of plate with 2 navy (strong >_>) blue strip

I was like 0_0 AND the ribbon said the same as the effort ribbon, "Ribbon awarded for being a hrad-worker" or something like that. So i just said "It must be a special effort ribbon".

So I trade my XD team to Emerald so they can get their effort ribbons, in that team it came my XD Gardevoir, all of them receive the ribbon and the phrase and blablabla..

Anyway I trade back to XD and check their ribbons and all of them have their Effort Ribbons normal (the circle one) EXCEPT Gardevoir, her effort ribbon is a sort of plate with 1 light blue strip <_<

And then I'm like WTF? Do Gardevoirs receive a special effort ribbon?

Glitch??? XD's fault?? Special Ribbon?

I remember to have seen the normal ribbon on Emerald but on XD it changes?? Or is it really a special ribbon?

>_> I don't rely too much on Serebii's Calculator ;_; I don't my EP's or EV's accurately i have an idea but they must be perfect in order to get the correct Hidden Power and IV's, that's why I asked but thanks anyway ;_;

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I blame Mellow XD: Gale of Darkness. I know nothing about that game (no gamecube memory card <_<) so I'm going to guess that it's some sort of special XD thing.

Also, there's no way to calculate IVs without EVs. IVs, the way I think of them, are just 0-124 extra EVs
in multiples of 4
(0-31 stat points), so without knowing your EVs, you can't accurately determine your IVs. Because I love algebra, I'll do a quick algebra problem to demonstrate the calculate of IVs.

x = # of EVs
Jigglypuff's lowest base stat total for HP is = 340
My Jigglypuff's HP with 252 EVs in HP = 423
x is now = 252/4 rounded down

423 - (340 + 252/4) = IVs
423 - (340 + 63) = IVs
423 - 403 = IVs
20 = IVs

Therefore with 252 EVs, and a stat of 423 at lv. 100, my IV for HP is 20...

You know, you didn't need to read all this. Sometimes I just enjoy doing math. Jusaying.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Mold breaker ignores: Battle Armor, Clear Body, Damp, Dry Skin, Filter, Flash Fire, Flower Gift, Heatproof, Hyper Cutter, Immunity, Inner Focus, Insomnia, Keen Eye, Leaf Guard, Levitate, Lightningrod, Limber, Magma Armor, Marvel Scale, Motor Drive, Oblivious, Own Tempo, Sand Veil, Shell Armor, Shield Dust, Simple, Snow Cloak, Solid Rock, Soundproof, Sticky Hold, Storm Drain, Sturdy, Suction Cups, Tangled Feet, Thick Fat, Unaware, Vital Spirit, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, Water Veil, White Smoke, and Wonder Guard abilities.

So, yes.

In theory, Sucker Punch will work because it is activated by an attack that does damage. Since Focus Punch can cause damage, it counts. Haven't tried it out though.

No. The shrooms will lose health when walking around with Poison. (Which is ********).

A.A

Smash Cadet
should moves have double typing? like Thunderpunch being Electric-Fighting just like types?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
This isn't the TCG. That would be ******** and game-breaking in a bad way. Also, that isn't the kind of question you ask here. If you think it deserves some discussion, make a thread about it.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
When you have maxed your Pokémon EVs, you now can battle any Pokémon mindlessly without worrying about which EVs they give right?
Example m: Alakazam, maxed EVs in Sp. Attack and Speed. Now i can battle Machokes until Alakazam reaches Lv. 100 because if Alakazam is unable to gain more EVs, the 3 attack EVs that Machoke gives are meaningless right? D:

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
1. Just on wi-fi battles. On Pokemon Battle Revolution it automatically does lv. 50 for all Pokemon and on the DS games, it's the lv. 50, lv. 100 rules on wi-fi. It won't stay like that after the battle. It's really something you have to try for yourself to fully understand.

2. ...

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
how does sycronising for a legendary work?
because i have a timid lvl 6 male ralts with the ability sycronise, and i am soft resting for a Kyoger in my sapphire version, but the Kyogers still have random natures. what am i doing wrong? ;_;

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Darkrai. I need it.

Got a few Mews, Deoxys and this special Regigas that I won in a contest.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
not the type of question you would ask here, but since ive only played one and it sucked, no I don't think there are any good pokemon MMO's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom